1. Post #4321
    Well, the pyjaks are at least 10 cycles away from being ripe for the picking, I can say that much at least.

Edited:

Actually, 500 000 years is an enormous underestimate.

100 cycles away.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events

2. Post #4322
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    8,066 Posts
    I thought the Yagh had just entered the Industrial era.
    If they were that advanced, the Reapers might consider harvesting them as well. The reapers wouldn't want to give the Yagh nearly 50,000 years of technological advancement if they're only a couple thousand, if not a few hundred years away from advanced space-flight.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #4323
    Quite so, ol' chap.
    December 2011
    4,040 Posts
    So I just witnessed all the endings and I dare say I am content. Every ending now holds within it what I hoped it would become.

Synthesis now truly is the best ending for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

4. Post #4324
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    If they were that advanced, the Reapers might consider harvesting them as well. The reapers wouldn't want to give the Yagh nearly 50,000 years of technological advancement if they're only a couple thousand, if not a few hundred years away from advanced space-flight.
    Depends on how slowly they evolve.

The Asari, for instance, only had 50 generations in the entire cycle, while humanity had somewhere around ~2000.

5. Post #4325
    [B][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacos"]Tacos![/URL][/B]
    April 2008
    5,450 Posts
    These videos basically changed my entire perception of Mass Effect 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiN8g...7764FAB908A8FB

BUCKLE UP UR IN 4 A WILD RiDE
    How did I not think of any of this by myself!? He is absolutely right, why are they fighting for Earth instead of the Galaxy? How does everyone on Earth survive the many months it takes to gather forces without being killed or indoctrinated? "Our numbers will darken the sky" this reminds me of the scene from 300 "Our arrows will blot out the sun". Yet the sky doesn't darken, and the Normandy escapes with little to no resistance.

Something I've always wondered was with the original two games I don't get to see their decisions greatly effect the intro in any way for Mass Effect 3. The DLC from ME2 is hardly used, the council choice decides itself for you, and the Earths councillor is chosen for you as well despite ME2 going through all the effort of asking you if you are sure of your choice in ME1.

In both ME1 and ME2 the Reapers are said to be unstoppable forces and every chance you meet them you barely come out of it. ME2 one actually kills you, but thankfully they explain how you come back. It might be farfetched, but it's explained so I'll accept it since it's probably the smallest issue regarding the trilogy.

Watching this video has made me rethink everything about the trilogy and now my issue isn't the ending. I don't think it ever should have been. I think people should have been complaining about the numerous plot holes that weren't even covered up. They were given neon lights and signs to catch your attention.

James is useless. I don't know him, I don't care about him. Why is he here?
    Why was Shepard demoted after ME2? Granted he was joined with a terrorist organization, but what the hell did the Alliance expect? He tried warning them and they didn't listen. So clearly his only option to side with his previous enemy. However he then turns his back on TIM in favour of killing off the Reapers rather than trying to tame them. And destroying the facility should have been more than enough to reinstate him.

The Human-Reaper makes no sense. Never did. The original Reapers have now been described as made in the image of their creators. Okay fine. But why make the newer Reapers in the image of their victims? Is this some kind of sick fantasy of theirs? And if they tried doing this with the Humans then why aren't there any of any other race from previous cycles? The Protheans for example, they clearly had enough to genetically engineer them into their new slaves, why couldn't they make a Reaper or two out of them?

And now the refuse ending. Why don't we see everyone fighting for their lives? Why doesn't our EMS rating have any effect on if we win or lose?

And finally, who the fuck wrote the script?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 15Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #4326
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    8,066 Posts
    So I just witnessed all the endings and I dare say I am content. Every ending now holds within it what I hoped it would become.

Synthesis now truly is the best ending for me.
    I think I'd enjoy Synthesis a lot more if it wasn't for the glowing circuit-board effect on everything. That might be a bit of a petty complaint given how outlandish Synthesis is in concept, but that part genuinely bugs me.

That said, given the context of the ingame universe, Synthesis effectively creates a Utopia so it's definitely not the worst ending ever. It's just not hard sci-fi
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #4327
    Wow, never heard of THAT joke before
    April 2010
    903 Posts

One planet entry you find in ME2 remarks about the deststruction of an avian species in it's Iron Age. I think the Reapers destroy any planet with a civilisation, not just pre-spaceflight ones
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

8. Post #4328
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    8,066 Posts
    One planet entry you find in ME2 remarks about the deststruction of an avian species in it's Iron Age. I think the Reapers destroy any planet with a civilisation, not just pre-spaceflight ones
    Makes sense to me. Being in tribes is one thing but once you've started (relatively) advanced manufacturing techniques, the Reapers can't very well leave you alone for 50,000 years to advance to god only knows what level of technological superiority.

9. Post #4329
    May 2010
    3,939 Posts
    Err, several specimens of the Yahg have been taken from their homeworld, but they aren't uplifting the entire species.

10. Post #4330
    July 2009
    2,629 Posts
    http://www.mediafire.com/?69jv131sychw6b6
    The guy added "A Soldier's Hero", here's the updated zip.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #4331
    May 2010
    3,939 Posts
    I already knew that ME3 was all around nonsensical in beginning and end, and even the middle was a bit sketchy. The beginning would have been the worst part of the game if not for the ending being much worse.

12. Post #4332
    Britain rules space!
    I can't imagine Salarians speaking cockney.

Edited:

Gov'na.

Edited:

How 'bout that ol' Sovereign chap?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 19 (list)

13. Post #4333
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    6,727 Posts
    I already knew that ME3 was all around nonsensical in beginning and end, and even the middle was a bit sketchy. The beginning would have been the worst part of the game if not for the ending being much worse.
    The penultimate scene in which you confront the Illusive Man just prior to the fucking starchild was pretty awesome in my opinion. They somehow managed to fuck the entire trilogy up in quite literally the final scene of the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

14. Post #4334
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    8,066 Posts
    The penultimate scene in which you confront the Illusive Man just prior to the fucking starchild was pretty awesome in my opinion. They somehow managed to fuck the entire trilogy up in quite literally the final scene of the game.
    Agreed; the Illusive Man scene (while a little too close to Saren) was very well done. Though I will say that the EC has improved the StarChild immensely, even if I'd still prefer he didn't exist (or, at the very least, took the form of a Reaper).

Edited:

I can't imagine Salarians speaking cockney.

How 'bout that ol' Sovereign chap?
    I'd play that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #4335
    Quite so, ol' chap.
    December 2011
    4,040 Posts
    I'd play that.
    Quite so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

16. Post #4336
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    6,727 Posts
    Agreed; the Illusive Man scene (while a little too close to Saren) was very well done.
    That was one of the things I liked about it actually. It felt like the series had come full circle quite nicely, then all of a sudden, "LOL YO DAWG..."

As TIM's lifeless corpse was falling to the ground after my Shepard had talked him into suicide I said quite loudly, "Jesus Christ!" All I could think about is how Shepard has managed to talk two very strong willed individuals, who were fucking indoctrinated nonetheless (and thus not entirely under their own control), into committing suicide.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #4337
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    8,249 Posts
    If the game ended after Shepard and Anderson have their talk and the crucible fires instead of a magical elevator and starchild, it would have been so much better. No final second ass-pull, and the crucible does exactly what we thought it did: destroy the reapers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

18. Post #4338
    May 2010
    3,939 Posts
    I disagree with him on ME2 though. Although the human reaper was dumb, everything was important to the ME story and was interesting on it's own.

19. Post #4339
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    6,727 Posts
    If the game ended after Shepard and Anderson have their talk and the crucible fires instead of a magical elevator and starchild, it would have been so much better. No final second ass-pull, and the crucible does exactly what we thought it did: destroy the reapers.
    Agreed. That would have been perfect - Shepard and Anderson sitting there with 'the best seats in the house' keeping each other company to the end as the Crucible fired and simply killed every single Reaper would have been a great ending (even if it didn't leave room for a single last decision like control/synthesis/destroy to be made).

Well, maybe not perfect. I mean if the game had been way more open (and things like the entire final battle could happen at different locations throughout the galaxy depending on choices you made, numerous people/species could live or die, etc), then it would have been perfect. But I mean... that would have been as perfect as we'd realistically get.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

20. Post #4340
    May 2010
    3,939 Posts
    How does EMS come into play then, exactly?

21. Post #4341
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    8,249 Posts
    It's not like it does a whole lot anyway. The most casual of playthroughs can still give you the best ending possible when you play multiplayer for an hour or so.

22. Post #4342
    [B][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacos"]Tacos![/URL][/B]
    April 2008
    5,450 Posts
    It doesn't. Anything high than 3100 will result in Shepard living after the destroy ending. That is it. Nothing else. Fuck Bioware.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #4343
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    8,066 Posts
    I don't know the exact figures, but I believe EMS affects the following:
    - Unlocking of Control
    - Unlocking of Synthesis
    - Determines if Destroy just goes after synthetics or if it wipes out a substantial percentage of life in the galaxy.
    - Determines whether or not Shepard survives the Destroy option

I think it affects a couple other areas but those are the big ones.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #4344
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    8,249 Posts
    Did anyone notice how an elevator that appears to go up the citadel tower somehow takes you to the bottom of it and inverts you?

25. Post #4345
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    1,984 Posts
    Have we actually done a poll yet to see which ending everyone 'canonically' picked?

DISAGREE for Destroy

INFORMATIVE for Control

AGREE for Synthesis

ZING for Refusal
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree x 67Informative x 18Agree x 10Zing x 4Artistic x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #4346
    Have we actually done a poll yet to see which ending everyone 'canonically' picked?
    Which one we picked or which one we preferred?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events

27. Post #4347
    Quite so, ol' chap.
    December 2011
    4,040 Posts

DISAGREE for Destroy

INFORMATIVE for Control

AGREE for Synthesis

ZING for Refusal
    Destroy is what we came for.

Synthesis is what I like the best out of the EC choices.

28. Post #4348
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    1,984 Posts
    Which one we picked or which one we preferred?
    Picked. How did your Shepard's story end.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

29. Post #4349
    Internet Detective in BRICK (HBIED certified)
    May 2007
    12,107 Posts
    FUCK UP DA REAPERS

REAP DEEZ NUTZ YA HEARD

30. Post #4350
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    8,249 Posts

DISAGREE for Destroy

INFORMATIVE for Control

AGREE for Synthesis

ZING for Refusal
    I like Control. It leaves the galaxy largely intact, Relays and all, and avoids the genocide of the Geth and all other synthetics. Synthesis could be good, but I feel like Bioware is shoving it down our throats saying "It's the best because we say it is".

31. Post #4351
    Quite so, ol' chap.
    December 2011
    4,040 Posts
    Picked. How did your Shepard's story end.

In that case.

32. Post #4352
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    8,066 Posts

DISAGREE for Destroy

INFORMATIVE for Control

AGREE for Synthesis

ZING for Refusal
    Destroy was my original "canon" ending, but with the Extended Cut I'm not really sure I can pick one. A true Paragon Shepard might go for Control or Synthesis while a Renegade/Renegon might go for Destroy or Refusal. Honestly, now I can pick an ending based on that particular Shepard rather than what color I like the most.

33. Post #4353
    February 2012
    157 Posts
    Okay so EC was better than the original, but I can't ignore the fact everytime I quit I see a text ending with something like:'' blah blah more games in mass effect universe''. Dafuq that means?? I don't want to play as anything else than Shep in SP and certainly not an MMO...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #4354
    I like Control. It leaves the galaxy largely intact, Relays and all, and avoids the genocide of the Geth and all other synthetics. Synthesis could be good, but I feel like Bioware is shoving it down our throats saying "It's the best because we say it is".
    Synthesis was "best".
    I liked it least.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

35. Post #4355
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    8,066 Posts
    Okay so EC was better than the original, but I can't ignore the fact everytime I quit I see a text ending with something like:'' blah blah more games in mass effect universe''. Dafuq that means?? I don't want to play as anything else than Shep in SP and certainly not an MMO...
    Anyone who says he/she doesn't want to play as Garrus is a filthy liar.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

36. Post #4356
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    16,735 Posts
    Destroy was my original "canon" ending, but with the Extended Cut I'm not really sure I can pick one. A true Paragon Shepard might go for Control or Synthesis while a Renegade/Renegon might go for Destroy or Refusal. Honestly, now I can pick an ending based on that particular Shepard rather than what color I like the most.
    I don't really understand why they included the Control/Synthesis endings in the first place. Variations off of Destroy/Refuse would've made more sense, especially considering they could've excluded the Starkid and all that funky post-TIM stuff in doing so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #4357
    March 2008
    1,130 Posts
    If they removed the starchild and cut everything after the conversation with TIM and made the epilogue be based on the amount of EMS then the whole shitstorm would be avoided, yet Bioware doesn't see this because of that "artistic vision" decease they got.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

38. Post #4358
    February 2012
    157 Posts
    Anyone who says he/she doesn't want to play as Garrus is a filthy liar.

Well yeah a prequel to ME would be coll but still sounds like shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

39. Post #4359
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    8,066 Posts
    I don't really understand why they included the Control/Synthesis endings in the first place. Variations off of Destroy/Refuse would've made more sense, especially considering they could've excluded the Starkid and all that funky post-TIM stuff in doing so.
    Because Space Magic™

Though technically both are a "solution" to the problem the Reapers were originally created for. They're just not hard sci-fi like we expected.

Edited:

Well yeah a prequel to ME would be coll but still sounds like shit.
    Garrus attends the Shepard's funeral, the greatest human he's ever met. We see him drift apart from his friends and his old life before finally retreating to Omega. While there, he becomes a vigilante (effectively Space Batman) out to bring justice to those who deserve it most, and on the way he constructs a team of unique individuals with a similar goal. The campaign would branch throughout Omega (and perhaps even a couple off-site missions) dealing with the sabotage of all the gangs and the corrupt, concluding with an explosive finale in which Sidonis betrays you and finally coming to a stop around the point where Shepard arrives to rescue him.

You tell me that sounds like shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

40. Post #4360
    June 2008
    700 Posts

This is not true, there is a species in the game that is talked about over news sources. Raloi I think? They are in the era we humans are in right now (not in game), but in an attempt to thwart the reapers they shot down all their satellites and rockets etc. Assumingly, the reapers did in fact leave them alone.