1. Post #4801
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    I like how they hinted he was fixing Jesse in the Shadow Broker files, and there it is.
    "This rifle has killed more people than the Skyllian Blitz."

As a patron of the War Hero background, I feel slightly insulted by this rifle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 15Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

2. Post #4802

Don't you mean intimidated?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events

3. Post #4803

July 2011
    2,327 Posts
    Shepard spits into the green light beam, mixing her/his energy and dna with it, therefore combining synthetic and organic into one new lifeform. Then s/he grabs onto those control post thingies and makes all the reapers fly into a black hole or something.
    wouldn't that just give everyone green spit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Sweden Show Events

4. Post #4804
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events

5. Post #4805
    May 2011
    392 Posts

Arrived along with my ethernet cable in the mail this morning.

Not the best paint job in the world, but well worth under $20.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 11 (list)

6. Post #4806
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    4,357 Posts
    I am the very model of a mordin model
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 18 (list)

7. Post #4807
    September 2009
    3,710 Posts
    I've always wanted to know, in the destroy ending, if     Shepard is alive, and assuming he gets found alive and such,     would he tell everyone what happened? If he told everyone he was given three choices and chose the only one that     wiped out an entire race of sentient machines (the geth, not the reapers)     do you think he'd get some negative backlash? I mean, he IS a hero and saved the entire galaxy, but do you think there'd be anyone pissed off at Shepard for not assuming     control over the reapers, or synthesising?     Furthermore, do you think Shepard would choose not to tell anyone what happened, just to avoid that backlash?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

8. Post #4808
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,885 Posts
    I've always wanted to know, in the destroy ending, if     Shepard is alive, and assuming he gets found alive and such,     would he tell everyone what happened? If he told everyone he was given three choices and chose the only one that     wiped out an entire race of sentient machines (the geth, not the reapers)     do you think he'd get some negative backlash? I mean, he IS a hero and saved the entire galaxy, but do you think there'd be anyone pissed off at Shepard for not assuming     control over the reapers, or synthesising?     Furthermore, do you think Shepard would choose not to tell anyone what happened, just to avoid that backlash?
    We will never know, because Bioware has washed their hands of the SP with the EC.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

9. Post #4809
    Fire Fucker
    March 2011
    2,449 Posts
    Seeing Shepard trying to justify how, in retrospect, he/he killed off an entire race, would make really interesting DLC or sequel content.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

10. Post #4810
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    3,868 Posts
    I'd imagine there would be some people who would be angry, though I imagine they'd be a relatively small minority.

While Shepard did what he could to build bridges between the Geth and the greater galaxy, he knew much more about them than most people. To your average joe, they're a race of machines that forced their creators from their homeworld and attempted to conquer the galaxy. Given the choices presented to him, I'd imagine most would accept the decision.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

11. Post #4811
    September 2009
    3,710 Posts
    Seeing Shepard trying to justify how, in retrospect, he/he killed off an entire race, would make really interesting DLC or sequel content.
    You'd just be given a renegade prompt that makes Shepard interupt them and walk out like a bad ass.

Edited:

I'd imagine there would be some people who would be angry, though I imagine they'd be a relatively small minority.

While Shepard did what he could to build bridges between the Geth and the greater galaxy, he knew much more about them than most people. To your average joe, they're a race of machines that forced their creators from their homeworld and attempted to conquer the galaxy. Given the choices presented to him, I'd imagine most would accept the decision.

Well, aside from the Geth there are also a bunch of AIs that Shep just destroyed, perhaps trillions of credits (is that even a lot in the ME universe?) obliderated, and I know that with the Reaper war on that shouldn't bother anyone, but the ME games have shown us that alot of the characters have very mixed priorities when it comes to that, so there should be a noticable backlash.

12. Post #4812
    March 2007
    542 Posts
    http://my.deviantart.com/messages/#/d55uaze

The interviews were pretty funny.

Hack it out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #4813
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    3,868 Posts
    Well, aside from the Geth there are also a bunch of AIs that Shep just destroyed, perhaps trillions of credits (is that even a lot in the ME universe?) obliderated, and I know that with the Reaper war on that shouldn't bother anyone, but the ME games have shown us that alot of the characters have very mixed priorities when it comes to that, so there should be a noticable backlash.
    What "bunch" exactly? AI research is very heavily regulated by the Council, one of the books mentioned that only a few corporations had been allowed to develop AI. You could argue that there are certainly many more out there, considering we know the Alliance had been conducting AI research illegally, but in that case what are they going to complain about? That the AI they weren't supposed to have was destroyed?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

14. Post #4814
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,646 Posts
    it sounds like it'd make a better fanfiction really, it'd probably be really really talky and that'd just seem boring in a game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

15. Post #4815
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    6,643 Posts
    I doubt Shepard (or anyone) would really feel good about killing off the Geth, but at the same time destroy was the most logical option in my opinion.

Like Shepard says to TIM, if they tried to control the Reapers and they couldn't they'd all be fucked big time. But if they destroy them... it's over - for good.

16. Post #4816
    June 2008
    466 Posts
    if youre looking at worst case scenarios, destroy might be the worst. i mean, what if the catalyst was 100% correct and sometime down the line, without the intervention of the reapers, synthetics exterminate ALL organics.

17. Post #4817
    Gold Member

August 2006
    760 Posts
    if youre looking at worst case scenarios, destroy might be the worst. i mean, what if the catalyst was 100% correct and sometime down the line, without the intervention of the reapers, synthetics exterminate ALL organics.
    Well the geth did die.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

18. Post #4818
    June 2008
    466 Posts
    Well the geth did die.
    "..but the peace wont last, soon your children will create synthetics and the chaos will come back blah blah blah"

19. Post #4819
    March 2008
    1,128 Posts
    "..but the peace wont last, soon your children will create synthetics and the chaos will come back blah blah blah"
    That's the reason why we asked for BioWare to fire the starchild and hire a real ending.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #4820
    June 2010
    5,474 Posts
    That's the reason why we asked for BioWare to fire the starchild and hire a real ending.
    Ohohohoho.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

21. Post #4821
    September 2009
    3,710 Posts

Maybe thats why they chose to only let Shepard live in the Destroy ending, because then we can assume Shepard warns the rest of the galaxy about the inevitability of Synthetics wiping out organics, and Organics simply dont build battle ready synthetics anymore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events

22. Post #4822
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    707 Posts
    I never played or really knew anything about Mass Effect untill 2 weeks ago when I decided to buy them all. Since then i have completed all three, bought all the DLC, Played all three again. I am currently up to ME3 on my third play through. Help me

I have other shit I need to be doing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 17Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #4823

Dennab
    May 2006
    8,917 Posts
    Why would you replay the third one?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 15Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #4824
    Movie quote goes here, because...
    Dennab
    October 2008
    8,076 Posts
    Welp. Just went to re-play the ending. Nope. Still a shitty reverse Deus Ex Machina. Well. At least 89 hours and 50 minutes of this series is good...

Edited:

Why would you replay the third one?
    Everything except the last few minutes i guess. I personally follow a concept originally introduced to me by Adam Savage and validated in this context by the invalidity of the official ending: "I reject your ending and substitute my own!"

Wouldn't be surprised if this was a movie quote or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #4825
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    492 Posts
    I personally follow a concept originally introduced to me by Adam Savage and validated in this context by the invalidity of the official ending: "I reject your ending and substitute my own!"

Wouldn't be surprised if this was a movie quote or something.
    Wikiquote says you are right.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!
    Paul Bradford, The Dungeonmaster; popularized by Adam Savage of MythBusters
    Also, have a cute bugged volus:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

26. Post #4826
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    6,643 Posts
    I was just thinking about how the endings to ME3 could sort of be related to the whole BioWare/EA Games deal.

There's the control option: EA tries to control every little aspect of what goes on at BioWare for the better (but it's kind of obvious it's all going to go wrong eventually - EA will become obviously mad with power (well, they already kinda have)).

There's the synthesize option: EA and BioWare merge peacefully and coexist as a single entity (hopefully) producing beneficial results.

And there's the destroy ending: EA comes in and completely fucks everything up. But sometimes out of death, comes life, and even through all of the destruction Shepard takes a breath... maybe BioWare is trying to tell us something there (by making that the only 'Shepard lives' ending) - maybe BioWare's rebirth will occur soon, and despite all of the terror EA has caused good may still yet come.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #4827
    January 2012
    373 Posts
    Anyone else finding multiplayer lagging and stuttering like mad?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

28. Post #4828
    February 2012
    157 Posts
    Okay guys... I really want to know the site where I can find all of the Marauder Shields comics. Help a fellow player out people....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events

29. Post #4829
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    492 Posts
    Okay guys... I really want to know the site where I can find all of the Marauder Shields comics. Help a fellow player out people....
    http://koobismo.deviantart.com/gallery/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

30. Post #4830
    Lots Of Speculation For Everyone
    April 2008
    1,832 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 11 (list)

31. Post #4831
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    hey look whose shoulder is being pulverized.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

32. Post #4832
    Movie quote goes here, because...
    Dennab
    October 2008
    8,076 Posts
    Doesn't matter. Hot tin can is hot!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #4833
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    492 Posts
    hey look whose shoulder is being pulverized.

(I know that this was used in the last thread, but this is already old gold)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

34. Post #4834
    November 2010
    5,690 Posts
    I fucking cringed when joker snapped his fingers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

35. Post #4835
    June 2010
    1,884 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

36. Post #4836
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    12,110 Posts

Don't take it as an insult. Take it as a challenge to kill more people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

37. Post #4837
    February 2012
    157 Posts
    Don't take it as an insult. Take it as a challenge to kill more people.
    When I heard it I was like ''Wow dat gun must be fucking old!!!''
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events

38. Post #4838
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    492 Posts
    -snip- Should have looked at the top of the page
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

39. Post #4839
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,830 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

40. Post #4840
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts
    that tumblr is such a goldmine

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 12 (list)