1. Post #1
    July 2009
    2,265 Posts
    Well, I posted a poll in fast threads about whether or not I should do this, and the “ayes” have it.
    So here goes nothing:

Disclaimers: This thread contains information that is neither provable nor disprovable. The things people experience in relation to these topics are just that: personal experience.
    You don’t have to agree or disagree with everything you read or see in this thread. Just keep an open mind and have your own experience with the information.
    A vast majority of the information here is “a-religious.” I’m a Christian, and most of this stuff actually jibes perfectly with, and illuminates other aspects of, my own belief; as I suspect it will with yours (provided you have one).
    And I cannot stress enough: open minds, people. Do not continue past this line with the intent to criticize the material and discount it as a whole.

The most important thing to remember: Our spirits are intertwined. As all of creation is connected to its creator (God, spirit, consciousness, the universe, source, etc.), so all of creation is connected to itself.

Upon each topic, I will be posting a video from the series “Spirit Science.” It’s incredibly informative as long as you remember to have your own experience with the information and keep an open mind. The videos also direct viewers to sources and other information, thereby lightening the OP.
    Now, let’s begin with something basic, and move from there.

Thoughts and their power:
    Your thoughts control your life. They are the combined effort of your mind, body, and spirit.
    They affect the world around you and, because consciousness is based on frequency, thoughts of higher frequency (closer to spirit) can connect us with others. We can get a “bad vibe” off someone and be correct. You can finish a person’s sentences, connect emotionally with a pet, or share interests with people.
    Thoughts are the medium of creation. We manifest our thoughts through the physical realm. Before you take action, you have to think the action first.
    Thoughts connect to our emotions and, thus, to our spirits. As our spirits connect to all other things in creation, so do our thoughts.
    This brings us to the truth that our lives are our own creation. Our thoughts control our reality. This is not an argument for relativism, just the realization that our mindset and actions are the things that build our worlds.

Chakras and Spiritual Nodes
    To understand Chakras, one must understand the color spectrum and light (ever heard that humans are beings of light? Yeah).
    Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, and Violet.
    Each color resonates with a Chakra based on frequency from low to high (or red to violet). As an effect of this, the higher frequencies become more and more connected to spirit.
    The Chakras are as follows:

Root: Red, Located at the base of the spine. The root Chakra is connected to basic needs for survival, security and safety. The root chakra is powerfully related to our contact with the Earth, providing us with the ability to be grounded into the earth plane, and our ability to manifest security and stability for our basic survival needs is affected by the state of our root chakra. If this chakra is blocked an individual may feel fearful, anxious, insecure and frustrated.

Sacral (Belly): Orange, Located under the navel. This center holds the basic needs for sexuality, creativity, intuition, and self-worth. This chakra is also about friendliness, creativity, and emotions. It governs people’s sense of self-worth, their confidence in their own creativity, and their ability to relate to others in an open and friendly way.

Solar Plexus: Yellow, Located below the breastbone. The third chakra is the center of personal power, the place of ego, of passions, impulses, anger and strength. It is also the center for astral travel and astral influences, receptivity of spirit guides and for psychic development. When the Third Chakra is out of balance you may lack confidence, be confused, worry about what others think, feel that others are controlling your life, and may be depressed.

Heart: Green, Located behind the breast bone. This is the center for love, compassion and spirituality. This center directs one’s ability to love themselves and others, to give and to receive love. This is also the chakra connecting body and mind with spirit. When this chakra is out of balance you may feel sorry for yourself, paranoid, indecisive, afraid of letting go, afraid of getting hurt, or unworthy of love.

Throat: Blue, Located at the V of the collarbone. It is the center of communication, sound, and expression of creativity via thought , speech, and writing. The possibility for change, transformation and healing are located here. The throat is where anger is stored and finally let go of. When this chakra is out of balance you may want to hold back, feel timid, be quiet, feel weak, or can¹t express your thoughts.

Third Eye: Indigo, Located above the eyes, in the center of the forehead. This is the center for psychic ability, higher intuition, the energies of spirit and light. It also assists in the purification of negative tendencies and in the elimination of selfish attitudes. Through the power of the sixth chakra, you can receive guidance, channel, and tune into your Higher Self. When this chakra is not balanced you may feel non-assertive, afraid of success, or go the opposite way and be egotistical.

Crown: Violet, Located at the top of the skull. It is the center of spirituality, enlightenment, dynamic thought and energy. It allows for the inward flow of wisdom, and brings the gift of cosmic consciousness. This is also the center of connectedness with God, the place where life animates the physical body. The silver cord that connects the aura bodies extends from the crown. The soul comes into the body through the crown at birth and leaves from the crown at death. When this chakra is unbalanced there may be a constant sense of frustration, no spark of joy, and destructive feelings.
    To balance the Chakras, one must open and align them. Some basics are covered in the video, so for the sake of shortening the OP, I’ll cut myself off with this link on working with Chakras.

Channeling:
    One of the ways of communicating with beings of higher consciousness or others on a spiritual level, Channeling involves the channeler opening a connection to the being he or she wants to channel. That’s really pretty much it.

Personal Thought: I don’t channel and probably never will. I believe in the existence of evil and demons and, as a result, would prefer not to let a spiritual being speak through me.

Energies, Male and Female:
    Male energy: Focused, direct, strong, determined.
    Female Energy: Free, creative, random.

They are related to the brain hemispheres (left is male, right is female).

As the human consciousness has evolved, we have begun to see changes in the thoughts and behavioral patterns of generations. This has led to the discovery of Indigo Children and Super-psychics. Here’s a breakdown of each:

Indigo Children: Strong willed, independent. Wise and knowledgeable beyond their years, resistant to traditional parenting and discipline, highly affected by negative energy (as they are “tuned” to a higher frequency), emotionally reactive and may be anxious, may have trouble in school and be diagnosed ADD/ADHD, incredibly intuitive, may be “picky” eaters, may seem demanding.
    Now, I know what you’re thinking. “Dude, you just described a bratty kid.” I did. But that only persists as long as Indigos, just like any other kid, are allowed to think they are entitled to the things they want (or “spoiled”). In short, good parenting can train those behaviors out of an Indigo child.
    Another interesting thing to note is that school districts, psychologists, and doctors recognize the existence of Indigo children. They just call them GT (Gifted and Talented). Pretty cool, huh?

Super Psychics: Mostly in China. Their name pretty much says it all. Not much is known about them, but there’s a bit more in the video.

Neither male nor female energy is better or worse than the other and both are incredibly powerful when fully manifested.

Fibonacci can display this rather well, as is demonstrated in the video.

Sacred Geometry (The Flower of Life, Phi, and Much, Much more):

This one is very involved, people. But it’s perhaps the most amazing, interesting, crazy awesome shit ever.

Everything in the universe is geometric. All of creation. And The Flower of Life is the pattern of creation.

It has been found in ancient civilizations all around the world and contains 13 informational systems.
    The Flower of Life can be broken down and manipulated to reveal these main forms:
    The Seed of Life, The Hebrew Kabbalah, the Egg of Life, and the Fruit of Life (which becomes Metatron’s Cube, one of the most incredible and sacred forms in existence.)
    I literally cannot explain how these images are formed in words. Just watch and be amazed. Remember, open minds.

Another important part of Sacred Geometry is the Golden Ratio, aka the Golden Mean or Phi.
    This ratio is literally the building block of creation. Again, it is way too involved for me to explain here, just watch and remember Metatron’s Cube and the Fruit of Life as you do. I promise you’ll be shocked.

Meditation
    Meditation has many definitions, from simply concentrating on a thought or idea to attempting to erase yourself and become nothing. For our purposes, Meditation is the act of calming yourself and your mind so that you can raise your conscious frequency while feeling and enjoying the connection between your spirit and the rest of creation.
    The video here is more instructional than anything else.

Personal Thought: So, I have had experiences with meditation. I won’t go into details here, but suffice it to say, it was incredible.

Astral Projection and Lucid Dreams

As Facepunchers, I'm sure we all know about Lucid Dreams (one of the threads we've had on the subject). But there is another side to Lucid Dreams.
    Astral Travel.

Astral Travel and Astral Projecting are the spirit's way of travelling outside of the physical. The consciousness leaves the body and continues on to explore what is called the "Astral Realm," or the 4th dimension (dimensions will be explained next, bear with me). It can help you understand life, life after death, universality, consciousness, and many, many other things!

Dimensions and Dimensionality:
    With the knowledge that multiple dimensions exist, we can begin to understand how we interact with them. Especially through music.
    The dimensions are all based on different wave lengths. As you ascend dimensions, the frequencies get higher. There are many other ways to relate music to dimensions, but this OP is getting long. It’s all in the video.

Crystals
    Crystals are life manifested by and in the earth. They are pure creation, untouched and closest to God. They can help us to connect to the consciousness of the universe on a deeper level.
    Crystals have strong, balanced frequencies that can help balance our own frequencies (if we let them). Many crystals have atomic structures that emulate elements of sacred geometry.
    Now, there is simply too much information for me to share by typing, which is why all 3 parts of the crystal movie from Spirit Science have been cut together into one, 35 minute video. Please, watch it. It’s wonderful.

Personal Thoughts: I have meditated with crystals… It makes a huge difference.

Human History, the Procession of the Equinox, and Evolution
    The Spirit Science videos go deep into the histories of Atlantis, and the theory that our origins lie there and with aliens. I will not be posting that series, as it doesn’t really pertain to the subjects I want this thread to focus on (and I think it’s a bit farfetched).
    Now, there is a condensed version I will post, as it makes the transition to the topic of Evolution easier, as it ends with the Procession of the Equinox.
    The earth has a wobble on its axis that is completed every 26,000 years, in which the axis actually points toward and away from the center of the galaxy at its furthest points. Now, there are 2 points on this procession at which humanity reaches a peak and a trough in our knowledge base. Each time we complete a cycle, though, we keep a little bit more knowledge.
    In the video, skip to 6:26 for the discussion about the procession.

Evolution:

It doesn’t matter if you’re a religious person or not, you have to acknowledge the existence of adaption and biological change in a species. In short, Evolution is real, though it doesn’t necessarily mean we came from monkeys or even a common ancestor. For our purposes, it’s just change.
    Circling the Square is an important way to understand many aspects of Sacred Geometry, especially Phi. This also tells us much about dimensions and our own evolution.
    There are 3 levels to the map of the consciousness, we are in the second. Again, there’s so much information to be explained, so here:

Update

SS released a new video and it's probably one of my favorites. You'll want to watch the others first, though, as it touches on both chakras and Sacred Geometry. So here it is :)

The Power of the Heart

The heart is the center of emotional response, both positive and negative. When you feel negative emotions, your heart beats in a disharmonious, erratic pattern. However, when you are relaxed or filled with positive emotions, your heart beats in harmony with your breathing and blood pressure. Your body is at peace.
    In order to keep yourself balanced, you must relax. One way to do this is to focus on your breathing, especially during meditation. This can keep you healthy and help you to analyze a situation before you react impulsively.

Welp, that’s pretty much it. So what do you all think? Have you heard of this before or tried some of the techniques discussed here? Is the fabled December 21st 2012 really the date of ascension? I would love to see how facepunch reacts to this information and discuss this with all of you. I don’t want argument. Just proper, civil discussion between open minds. Namaste, and happy travels :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny x 33Dumb x 12Informative x 2Winner x 1Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    842 Posts
    Keep your hippy shit away from me and my children!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 34Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    September 2007
    1,174 Posts
    OP. You haven't the slightest clue what you have just done to yourself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 21Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Not a very good Member
    January 2010
    2,398 Posts
    tldr
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    July 2009
    2,265 Posts
    OP. You haven't the slightest clue what you have just done to yourself.
    I know a shitstorm is likely, but maybe someone will get something useful out of it. Hell, I'm not doing anything better with my time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Head over heels in love with Pudding~
    Dennab
    January 2012
    5,547 Posts
    Why did you do this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    1,815 Posts
    This thread contains information that is neither provable nor disprovable
    Bad way to start off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

8. Post #8
    July 2009
    2,265 Posts
    Why did you do this.
    See above. Also, felt that I should honor what I said I'd do in the poll thread.

Edited:

Bad way to start off.
    It's about experience. There's plenty of supporting evidence, as the thread lays out. but if someone wanted to yell "bullshit" and shut it out, then they would not experience it and, therefore, feel they had disproved it.
    Self fulfilling prophesy and all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

9. Post #9
    March 2010
    903 Posts
    It's like I'm in Naruto.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 15Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    2,867 Posts
    The idea of a spirit is simply a mystified version of the idea of a man behind the curtain. That there's something at the helm and that we are just a vessel being piloted.

However, this is disprovable; You are your brain. When your brain stops functioning, so do you. Want to observe this yourself? Commit murder or otherwise directly experience the process of death.

Beyond all that, any of the mathematical things can be explained by the simple fact that in order to invent agriculture, you also happen to have to invent geometry and algebra. It's just something you have to do because if you have fields that are owned by people, you need a way to measure and define each person's field so that there are no land squabbles when the Nile comes in and floods everything and nobody knows where the fuck their fields are anymore.

Basically what I'm saying is that you're relying on an overly complex and mystical explanation for a very natural process whose real world explanation is actually far more interesting, logical, and simple.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,030 Posts

This looked pretty cool when I was scrolling down.
    That's the only thing I got out of reading that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    July 2009
    2,265 Posts
    The idea of a spirit is simply a mystified version of the idea of a man behind the curtain. That there's something at the helm and that we are just a vessel being piloted.

However, this is disprovable; You are your brain. When your brain stops functioning, so do you. Want to observe this yourself? Commit murder or otherwise directly experience the process of death.

Beyond all that, any of the mathematical things can be explained by the simple fact that in order to invent agriculture, you also happen to have to invent geometry and algebra. It's just something you have to do because if you have fields that are owned by people, you need a way to measure and define each person's field so that there are no land squabbles when the Nile comes in and floods everything and nobody knows where the fuck their fields are anymore.

Basically what I'm saying is that you're relying on an overly complex and mystical explanation for a very natural process whose real world explanation is actually far more interesting, logical, and simple.
    The spirit has been observed, though. In at least 3 of those videos, "Patch" points to studies that have been performed to a conclusion that the spirit does exist as a separate piece of us.

And if you're referring to sacred geometry, it really has nothing to do with the measurement of fields.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

13. Post #13
    Wow some of you people have no imagination, everything HAS to come down to being proven by science or else it's nothing but fairies and unicorn dung

Dive into something different for once, explore things that live outside of what seems to be real instead of staying so grounded all the time, because I've noticed those that live by nothing but logic and shove aside what things like this are, are much more vein, boring and unhappy then people who have room to believe and experience.

And I'll say this: Science is cool and all, but you don't have to live by everything it says.

I applaud you OP for having balls to post this thread among many people who only believe what they see with their own eyes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 16Agree Agree x 5Informative Informative x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    July 2009
    2,265 Posts

This looked pretty cool when I was scrolling down.
    That's the only thing I got out of reading that.
    The videos are kind of the hub of the thread. If I tried to explain everything in words, the OP would be way too long and incredibly confusing.

Edited:

Wow some of you people have no imagination, everything HAS to come down to being proven by science or else it's nothing but fairies and unicorn dung

Dive into something different for once, explore things that live outside of what seems to be real instead of staying so grounded all the time, because I've noticed those that live by nothing but logic and shove aside what things like this are, are much more vein and boring then people who have room to believe and experience.

I applaud you OP for having balls to post this thread among many people who only believe what they see with their own eyes.
    And thank you for this comment :)
    You are the very kind of person this was meant for, friend.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    2,867 Posts
    The spirit has been observed, though. In at least 3 of those videos, "Patch" points to studies that have been performed to a conclusion that the spirit does exist as a separate piece of us.

And if you're referring to sacred geometry, it really has nothing to do with the measurement of fields.
    Any geometry is directly related to fields. It begins in the field. Once you have a field with crops, you have the ability to know that you will be around at least one more year. It allows you to know that you have enough food to feed a certain amount of people and that you now are freed up to be able to do other things with this wonderful new thing called free time.

Once you have free time combined with algebra and geometry, literally all you have to do is wait and people start drawing these kinds of things. I mean look at them, was it just me who doodled stuff like that all the time on your school stuff? They're the easiest and most immediate things to make once you realize you can draw four points and then draw four equally sized intersecting circles centered at the points and then draw more points and continue the process till you produce any number of these so called sacred flowers or whatever.

I mean honestly you can put any group of kids into a room with protractors and a lot of paper and I guarantee you with absolute 100% certainty that they will definitely produce stuff like this eventually.

The videos are kind of the hub of the thread. If I tried to explain everything in words, the OP would be way too long and incredibly confusing.
    The fact that it doesn't make sense without cartoon videos should probably be what tips you off that it might not be reliable information. None of the things I'm talking about require cartoons, you can read about them and easily understand them. But you can also watch a program about them if you want. If you are interested in science and history, please, look up a television series called Connections. It's a real documentary series about actual science and the history of mankind and the way we've developed since pre-history, and you can watch it for free on Youtube.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    6,007 Posts
    I don't know which videos or studies you're talking about because I haven't watched the videos yet, but just because a study is made does not necessarily imply that they're 100% infallible or scientifically-credible. Who conducted the study? Where was it published? Was it checked over by other sources of scientific study? I mean, I don't want to punch a bunch of holes into your argument, but there could have been a significant bias either in the study itself or in the way the video creator interpreted the study.

Also, I'm disappointed that there's nothing about shamanic journeying, visions, and stuff of that nature in the OP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    July 2009
    2,265 Posts
    I don't know which videos or studies you're talking about because I haven't watched the videos yet, but just because a study is made does not necessarily imply that they're 100% infallible or scientifically-credible. Who conducted the study? Where was it published? Was it checked over by other sources of scientific study? I mean, I don't want to punch a bunch of holes into your argument, but there could have been a significant bias either in the study itself or in the way the video creator interpreted the study.

Also, I'm disappointed that there's nothing about shamanic journeying, visions, and stuff of that nature in the OP.
    I understand, though it is important to note that this is not an argument as much as an experience.

And it's funny you should mention that :) I'm about to add the Astral Travel and Lucid Dreaming section I forgot :P

Edited:

Any geometry is directly related to fields. It begins in the field. Once you have a field with crops, you have the ability to know that you will be around at least one more year. It allows you to know that you have enough food to feed a certain amount of people and that you now are freed up to be able to do other things with this wonderful new thing called free time.

Once you have free time combined with algebra and geometry, literally all you have to do is wait and people start drawing these kinds of things. I mean look at them, was it just me who doodled stuff like that all the time on your school stuff? They're the easiest and most immediate things to make once you realize you can draw four points and then draw four equally sized intersecting circles centered at the points and then draw more points and continue the process till you produce any number of these so called sacred flowers or whatever.

I mean honestly you can put any group of kids into a room with protractors and a lot of paper and I guarantee you with absolute 100% certainty that they will definitely produce stuff like this eventually.

The fact that it doesn't make sense without cartoon videos should probably be what tips you off that it might not be reliable information. None of the things I'm talking about require cartoons, you can read about them and easily understand them. But you can also watch a program about them if you want. If you are interested in science and history, please, look up a television series called Connections. It's a real documentary series about actual science and the history of mankind and the way we've developed since pre-history, and you can watch it for free on Youtube.
    Just watch the video, friend. You'll find the evidence compelling at the least, I'm sure.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    2,867 Posts
    Just watch the video, friend. You'll find the evidence compelling at the least, I'm sure.
    I've been watching the first video for only twenty seconds and so far he's said three things that are not true. This is something you won't find in a non-fiction series like Connections or Carl Sagan's Cosmos.

Oh boy it just keeps getting... eh.. wow. Well I'll leave you be, peace out, maybe check out cosmos and connections and read up on natural sciences if you're interested, if not, sorry I ever looked at the thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Stuff done did
    October 2011
    13,820 Posts
    Why did you do this.
    Because it's fun/interesting even if you don't believe it.

And it's funny you should mention that :) I'm about to add the Astral Travel and Lucid Dreaming section I forgot :P
    Those were my personal favorite
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #20
    Because it's fun/interesting even if you don't believe it.
    Exactly what I'm trying to say!

What's the fun in life if you devoid everything of "fantasy" beliefs, just because science doesn't back it?
    Answer: It's not. Life becomes saddening and depressing if you don't take the time to take interest into things that can bring you away from life's saddening events that happen day in and day out, and only listen to the even more saddening logic.
    It's like playing a fantasy game, but stripped of it's fantasy elements because science couldn't back it. What was fun about said game is now lost.
    Don't break away entirely, just... Try it for once.
    If not trying, it's still at least interesting.

Hell I don't believe in any religion, but you know what? I take interest because some of the things behind them ARE interesting. And I have a slight room for belief there is some form of higher-up being.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    July 2009
    2,265 Posts
    Then this will make you happy, ILY :)
    I've added a little Astral Travel section and the video. Enjoy :)

22. Post #22
    May 2011
    3,005 Posts
    Spiritualism and superstition on Facepunch.

Oh boy, here we go again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    USER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM REALITY - RETRY CONNECTION IN 5 MINUTES
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts
    Much of this stuff is useful from a spiritual or philosophical level, although some of it is bogus(chakras is an example).

I personally see myself as being "spiritual" for lack of a better term. I'm atheist, but I believe in treating your mind as if there was a spirit in there. The act of feeding your "spirit" good "energy" helps create a positive outlook on life. That positive outlook will increase the joy you find in life, whether something physically changes or not. It doesn't have to be a belief in spirits, but treating your life as if you actually had a spirit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    July 2009
    2,265 Posts
    Much of this stuff is useful from a spiritual or philosophical level, although some of it is bogus(chakras is an example).

I personally see myself as being "spiritual" for lack of a better term. I'm atheist, but I believe in treating your mind as if there was a spirit in there. The act of feeding your "spirit" good "energy" helps create a positive outlook on life. That positive outlook will increase the joy you find in life, whether something physically changes or not. It doesn't have to be a belief in spirits, but treating your life as if you actually had a spirit.
    That's one way to look at it.
    See, way I see it, everything has a grain or two of truth to it.

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    3,139 Posts
    The mathematical concepts were interesting, but the attempts to link it to spiritual concepts was dumb.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #26
    July 2009
    2,265 Posts
    The mathematical concepts were interesting, but the attempts to link it to spiritual concepts was dumb.
    If you watch the Phi and Dimension videos on top of the Flower of Life one, the connection kind of appears on it's own.
    Just a thought.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

27. Post #27
    Proudly supporting the JIDF
    Dennab
    July 2010
    22,111 Posts
    Disclaimers: This thread contains information that is neither provable nor disprovable.

What an excellent escape hatch for whenever somebody proves you wrong. There is a burden of proof, and it is resting on you. Prove this stuff works or be ridiculed by British comedians and scientists.

Do not continue past this line with the intent to criticize the material and discount it as a whole.
    I won't discount it all, just the stuff that's objectively wrong.

The most important thing to remember: Our spirits are intertwined. As all of creation is connected to its creator (God, spirit, consciousness, the universe, source, etc.), so all of creation is connected to itself.
    Well, using god and all you can probably get away with that. I can criticise religion as Bronze age silliness but this isn't a religion thread.

Upon each topic, I will be posting a video from the series “Spirit Science.” It’s incredibly informative as long as you remember to have your own experience with the information and keep an open mind. The videos also direct viewers to sources and other information, thereby lightening the OP.
    Now, let’s begin with something basic, and move from there.
    Please don't use the word "Science". It disrespects people who spent lifetimes advancing human knowledge.

Your thoughts control your life. They are the combined effort of your mind, body, and spirit.
    They affect the world around you and, because consciousness is based on frequency, thoughts of higher frequency (closer to spirit) can connect us with others.
    Frequency? Can I measure my thoughts in Hertz? If I have a frequency of 20 gigahertz am I an irrational person?

We can get a “bad vibe” off someone and be correct. You can finish a person’s sentences, connect emotionally with a pet, or share interests with people.
    This isn't as safe to peddle when you look at a person and assume they are an evil paedophile. They might punch you in the face if you say that. Plus it is rather easy to share interests or connect emotionally with a pet.

Thoughts are the medium of creation. We manifest our thoughts through the physical realm. Before you take action, you have to think the action first.
    What about the heart regulating blood flow? Or the liver filtering out nasty shit?

Thoughts connect to our emotions and, thus, to our spirits. As our spirits connect to all other things in creation, so do our thoughts.
    This brings us to the truth that our lives are our own creation. Our thoughts control our reality. This is not an argument for relativism, just the realization that our mindset and actions are the things that build our worlds.
    What the hell is this even on about?

Chakras and Spiritual Nodes
    To understand Chakras, one must understand the color spectrum and light (ever heard that humans are beings of light? Yeah).
    Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, and Violet.
    Each color resonates with a Chakra based on frequency from low to high (or red to violet). As an effect of this, the higher frequencies become more and more connected to spirit.
    I am not too sure why the higher the energy in a photon, the greater chance of you being able to talk to whatever the hell the spirit is.

The Chakras are as follows:

Root: Red, Located at the base of the spine. The root Chakra is connected to basic needs for survival, security and safety. The root chakra is powerfully related to our contact with the Earth, providing us with the ability to be grounded into the earth plane, and our ability to manifest security and stability for our basic survival needs is affected by the state of our root chakra. If this chakra is blocked an individual may feel fearful, anxious, insecure and frustrated.
    As I travel further down this page, I fear that the writer of this thread gradually loses his sanity. I need greater explanation of what the hell you are talking about. Secondly, how does a chakra get blocked?

Sacral (Belly): Orange, Located under the navel. This center holds the basic needs for sexuality, creativity, intuition, and self-worth. This chakra is also about friendliness, creativity, and emotions. It governs people’s sense of self-worth, their confidence in their own creativity, and their ability to relate to others in an open and friendly way.
    I have a fetish with regards to this area. I should masturbate in a room with orange lighting to enhance the orgasm.

Solar Plexus: Yellow, Located below the breastbone. The third chakra is the center of personal power, the place of ego, of passions, impulses, anger and strength. It is also the center for astral travel and astral influences, receptivity of spirit guides and for psychic development. When the Third Chakra is out of balance you may lack confidence, be confused, worry about what others think, feel that others are controlling your life, and may be depressed.
    Good lord, so chakras can be blocked and inbalanced? Make up your mind.

The rest I could not comprehend, because it looked invented and was impossible to read. I shall return later to decode it.
    Channeling:
    One of the ways of communicating with beings of higher consciousness or others on a spiritual level, Channeling involves the channeler opening a connection to the being he or she wants to channel. That’s really pretty much it.
    I like the detail here. Who are these beings? How do you communicate on such a level? How the fuck do you even channel?

Personal Thought: I don’t channel and probably never will. I believe in the existence of evil and demons and, as a result, would prefer not to let a spiritual being speak through me.
    They might get inside the skull, and require a hole to be drilled to let them out. (Wait, how did they get in?)

Energies, Male and Female:
    Male energy: Focused, direct, strong, determined.
    Female Energy: Free, creative, random.

They are related to the brain hemispheres (left is male, right is female).
    Minus the blatant sexism here, I wish to ask how transgenders fit into this. Secondly, how I can measure this energy in joules.

As the human consciousness has evolved, we have begun to see changes in the thoughts and behavioral patterns of generations. This has led to the discovery of Indigo Children and Super-psychics.
    Well I guess there have been massive changes. In the course of the past 10,000 years we went from hunter-gatherers to urban dwellers. Some people have tried to write about this thing from Plato to Karl Marx and a man who grows Marijuana in his back garden whilst wearing a beanie hat.

Here’s a breakdown of each:

Indigo Children: Strong willed, independent. Wise and knowledgeable beyond their years, resistant to traditional parenting and discipline, highly affected by negative energy (as they are “tuned” to a higher frequency), emotionally reactive and may be anxious, may have trouble in school and be diagnosed ADD/ADHD, incredibly intuitive, may be “picky” eaters, may seem demanding.
    Now, I know what you’re thinking. “Dude, you just described a bratty kid.” I did. But that only persists as long as Indigos, just like any other kid, are allowed to think they are entitled to the things they want (or “spoiled”). In short, good parenting can train those behaviors out of an Indigo child.
    Minus the wide use of factors to ensure a massive selection of people, I wish to ask what the fuck negative energy is. I've never heard of "-500 Joules".

Super Psychics: Mostly in China. Their name pretty much says it all. Not much is known about them, but there’s a bit more in the video.

Neither male nor female energy is better or worse than the other and both are incredibly powerful when fully manifested.
    Wow, good thing you dodged the sexism bullet there. (Wait, what about transgenders still, and measuring this in joules?)

Sacred Geometry (The Flower of Life, Phi, and Much, Much more):

This one is very involved, people. But it’s perhaps the most amazing, interesting, crazy awesome shit ever.
    You got one of those right.

Everything in the universe is geometric. All of creation. And The Flower of Life is the pattern of creation.
    Like quantum physics.

It has been found in ancient civilizations all around the world and contains 13 informational systems.
    The Flower of Life can be broken down and manipulated to reveal these main forms:
    The Seed of Life, The Hebrew Kabbalah, the Egg of Life, and the Fruit of Life (which becomes Metatron’s Cube, one of the most incredible and sacred forms in existence.)
    I literally cannot explain how these images are formed in words. Just watch and be amazed. Remember, open minds.
    Well you could always describe it in a mathematical formula if you want. That's close to writing it down.

Another important part of Sacred Geometry is the Golden Ratio, aka the Golden Mean or Phi.
    This ratio is literally the building block of creation. Again, it is way too involved for me to explain here, just watch and remember Metatron’s Cube and the Fruit of Life as you do. I promise you’ll be shocked.
    I'm certainly shocked. So is the scientific community. We have all been disproven. We shall try to shoehorn this shit in, I promise you we can.

Meditation
    Meditation has many definitions, from simply concentrating on a thought or idea to attempting to erase yourself and become nothing. For our purposes, Meditation is the act of calming yourself and your mind so that you can raise your conscious frequency while feeling and enjoying the connection between your spirit and the rest of creation.
    While it is true that meditation is relaxing, calming, and can help with thinking, the spiritualism crap is dubious. I raise my frequency? So do I go to the same frequency as something else in order to talk to it? I am gonna talk to some radon. Shits gonna be cool.

Personal Thought: So, I have had experiences with meditation. I won’t go into details here, but suffice it to say, it was incredible.
    So, I can pretty much follow this track two directions: “Dimensions” and “Crystals.” “Dimensions” is shorter, so I’ll do that next. Just remember, all of this stuff is connected, so the order doesn’t really matter.
    Dimensions and Dimensionality:
    With the knowledge that multiple dimensions exist, we can begin to understand how we interact with them. Especially through music.
    Well we have multiple dimensions. Length, breadth, height, time, etc. You do not seem to use that phrase well. Also I am curious as how I can understand how to interact with a triangle by using music? Maybe Pink Floyd can tell me pythagoras theorem so I can work out a side of a triangle?

The dimensions are all based on different wave lengths. As you ascend dimensions, the frequencies get higher. There are many other ways to relate music to dimensions, but this OP is getting long. It’s all in the video.
    So the frequencies AND wavelengths vary? What of? Batshit insanity?

Crystals
    Crystals are life manifested by and in the earth. They are pure creation, untouched and closest to God. They can help us to connect to the consciousness of the universe on a deeper level.
    Crystals have strong, balanced frequencies that can help balance our own frequencies (if we let them). Many crystals have atomic structures that emulate elements of sacred geometry.
    Such as?

Now, there is simply too much information for me to share by typing, which is why all 3 parts of the crystal movie from Spirit Science have been cut together into one, 35 minute video. Please, watch it. It’s wonderful.
    I found it to be lacking in intellectual vigour, making up by using quackery instead.

Personal Thoughts: I have meditated with crystals… It makes a huge difference.

Human History, the Procession of the Equinox, and Evolution
    The Spirit Science videos go deep into the histories of Atlantis, and the theory that our origins lie there and with aliens. I will not be posting that series, as it doesn’t really pertain to the subjects I want this thread to focus on (and I think it’s a bit farfetched).
    Now, there is a condensed version I will post, as it makes the transition to the topic of Evolution easier, as it ends with the Procession of the Equinox.
    The earth has a wobble on its axis that is completed every 26,000 years, in which the axis actually points toward and away from the center of the galaxy at its furthest points. Now, there are 2 points on this procession at which humanity reaches a peak and a trough in our knowledge base. Each time we complete a cycle, though, we keep a little bit more knowledge.
    In the video, skip to 6:26 for the discussion about the procession.
    I fell over laughing. I hope the evolution topic covered next will contain science.

Evolution:

It doesn’t matter if you’re a religious person or not, you have to acknowledge the existence of adaption and biological change in a species. In short, Evolution is real, though it doesn’t necessarily mean we came from monkeys or even a common ancestor.
    Yes we did. If you go back, you will find various species meeting up to have a common ancestor.

For our purposes, it’s just change.
    Circling the Square is an important way to understand many aspects of Sacred Geometry, especially Phi. This also tells us much about dimensions and our own evolution.
    There are 3 levels to the map of the consciousness, we are in the second. Again, there’s so much information to be explained, so here:
    Jesus shit have you even read a science book? I have a big book on explaining why shit works. Its illustrated with mammoths. I could lend you it.

Welp, that’s pretty much it. So what do you all think? Have you heard of this before or tried some of the techniques discussed here? Is the fabled December 21st 2012 really the date of ascension? I would love to see how facepunch reacts to this information and discuss this with all of you. I don’t want argument. Just proper, civil discussion between open minds. Namaste, and happy travels :)
    Shall I ask more rhetorical questions?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner x 22Disagree x 1Optimistic x 1Friendly x 1Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Huge Faggot #2
    November 2007
    5,149 Posts
    reading this thread stimulated my pineal gland

i now have 12 arms and i am in sync with the circadian rhythm of the japanese maple tree outside my window
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 18Dumb Dumb x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    July 2009
    2,265 Posts
    Ignorance
    1) You obviously watched none of the videos. As I explained to a previous user, they are the hub of the thread. My little introductions make no sense without them.

2) You did exactly what I requested you avoid. This shows both how well you read and how much you respect the ideas and opinions of your fellow man. Great job, scientist.

Just ponder this for a second: "The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and the wiser people are so full of doubts."
    Which are you, my friend?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    6,007 Posts
    I've never heard of "-500 Joules".
    I believe gravitational potential energy can be negative in certain cases (i.e. if a lead ball hits soft ground and makes a shallow, but measurable, hole and remains there, which would result in a negative change in height as the object is embedded in the surface of the Earth), but I'm not 100% certain of this. Work is also measured in joules, which is a scalar quantity, meaning it can be either positive or negative.

Therefore, -500 joules.

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    2,867 Posts
    1) You obviously watched none of the videos. As I explained to a previous user, they are the hub of the thread. My little introductions make no sense without them.

2) You did exactly what I requested you avoid. This shows both how well you read and how much you respect the ideas and opinions of your fellow man. Great job, scientist.

Just ponder this for a second: "The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and the wiser people are so full of doubts."
    Well almost everyone in this thread is doubting the shit out of everything you posted so I guess we're the wiser ones.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    July 2009
    2,265 Posts
    Well almost everyone in this thread is doubting the shit out of everything you posted so I guess we're the wiser ones.
    Wow, that went way over your head.
    Ok, let me put it this way: There is no wisdom in steadfast, unshakable belief. A true thinker will question his beliefs all the time. Kind of a Socratic thing, you may have heard of it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    8,236 Posts

it doesn't take watching a video to know that this is all superstitious hooey
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    2,867 Posts
    Wow, that went way over your head.
    Ok, let me put it this way: There is no wisdom in steadfast, unshakable belief. A true thinker will question his beliefs all the time. Kind of a Socratic thing, you may have heard of it.
    What you don't realize is that I'm aware that was the point of the post. I was making a joke.

But beyond that, you can use that very line of thinking to start doubting this crazy garbage and open your mind to a textbook or at the very least to Carl Sagan's Cosmos or Connections.

35. Post #35
    July 2009
    2,265 Posts
    What you don't realize is that I'm aware that was the point of the post. I was making a joke.

But beyond that, you can use that very line of thinking to start doubting this crazy garbage and open your mind to a textbook or at the very least to Carl Sagan's Cosmos or Connections.
    I have doubted, I do doubt, and I have yet to find a system I think works better.

Edited:

it doesn't take watching a video to know that this is all superstitious hooey
    Hard thinker.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    8,236 Posts
    everything that a person is is electricity channeling from neuron to neuron
    anything that can't be directly affected by that should be debunked as voodoo bullshit

Edited:

Hard thinker.
    malleable minded
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Zing Zing x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    July 2009
    2,265 Posts
    everything that a person is is electricity channeling from neuron to neuron
    anything that can't be directly affected by that should be debunked as voodoo bullshit

Edited:

malleable minded
    This is the exact philosophy that creates dissension among people. The inability to consider that maybe, just maybe, none of us knows a damn thing.
    Isn't that the true theory of knowledge? We do the best with what we have and the knowledge that we know nothing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    2,867 Posts
    I have doubted, I do doubt, and I have yet to find a system I think works better.

Edited:

Hard thinker.
    The thing is, though, that while you might have had some doubt in this, or maybe you still do, you clearly don't have much, because you appear very invested in it. But that's not even the issue here, the real issue is that most everything that you explain with mysticism is in fact explained much better by a much better system called the scientific method, but you might not have actually looked into it because you don't seem to have heard of any of it because you're, well, you can read your own OP, you don't refer to any of it, you only ever refer to, well... bullshit.

Basically what I'm saying is, we've read this. In fact I've heard of pretty much all of this stuff. Most of these ideas have existed since pre-history. But the fact that you seem so invested in it is what leads us to believe that while we've read this and we don't believe it because we've also studied natural sciences, you've read this and you appear not to have studied natural sciences, therefore you believe it, and that's what separates you from us. Or if you have studied it, you definitely didn't pay much attention, because I can't think of a single thing in your entire post that can't be explained from a rational, reasonable, natural standpoint and proven using empirical data.

39. Post #39
    Proudly supporting the JIDF
    Dennab
    July 2010
    22,111 Posts
    I did. They are full of shit.

All ideas must be put up for criticism. If it turns out that 1. It has no evidence, and 2. Somebody makes up shit/denies shortcomings in it, then it is bullshit.

I can quote mine too, just watch.

"Certain shortcomings in your education and upbringing may cause you to read into the relationships between astral bodies that you believe to influence your life".

The fools and the cranks are people who ignore evidence when presented to them, and regurgitate bullshit. The wise people are the ones who debunk the bullshit and back things up with knowledge.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

40. Post #40
    Stuff done did
    October 2011
    13,820 Posts
    The thing is, though, that while you might have had some doubt in this, or maybe you still do, you clearly don't have much, because you appear very invested in it.
    He told me that he didn't believe a lot of it.