1. Post #5001
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    4,026 Posts
    I wonder how many of the fandom troglodytes saw the spoiler fakeout image and ran with it

like didn't even check the comic just proceeded to sign on to whatever message board they go to to rub their shitty appearance predictions in the sensible people's faces like it was canon
    A whole bunch probably.
    And Hussie knew damn well that's what would happen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Jersey Show Events

2. Post #5002
    uhh since when was midnight calliope UU's theme?

i mean i know thats her name but why would UU's theme be on alterniabound?

the honking is also a gamzee thing

wiki u silly
    this is a calliope

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

3. Post #5003
    Sexist
    July 2006
    6,998 Posts
    After the initial abject terror she is still the same UU that we have been hearing from and I think it is more sad than anything else that she considers herself ugly, even though she might as well say that that is what cherubs are supposed to look like.

I think we should be a bit more mature and --

OH GOD NO WHY

AAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAA
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 19Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #5004
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    4,026 Posts
    New headcanon for me is Jake's skulltop is literally the broken repurposed skull of UU.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Jersey Show Events Funny Funny x 31 (list)

5. Post #5005
    by the way it's pronounced "kuh-lie-uh-pee" according to people who are smarter than you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

6. Post #5006
    Evil Boy Genius
    May 2011
    3,929 Posts
    Dumb theory incoming.

I think dirk is going to pull off a whole Raymundo (yes xiaolin showdown) and betray the kids, and work with lord English.

Think about it.

Cal man.

Cal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

7. Post #5007
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    7,846 Posts
    Dumb theory incoming.

I think dirk is going to pull off a whole Raymundo (yes xiaolin showdown) and betray the kids, and work with lord English.

Think about it.

Cal man.

Cal.
    considering he's been the most protective of his friends out of any character in the entire story

wow that really is a dumb theory thanks for sharing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #5008
    Evil Boy Genius
    May 2011
    3,929 Posts
    well you never know man.

The pupps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

9. Post #5009
    April 2008
    1,383 Posts
    by the way it's pronounced "kuh-lie-uh-pee" according to people who are smarter than you
    I always thought it was Kal (like lil' Cal)-eee-ope (hope without the 'h')
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

10. Post #5010
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    5,131 Posts
    calliope is 8 letters long

In the laboratory in the earlier acts...

And then there's the whole thing with Jade bringing an extra 4 planets into the scratched session
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Late Late x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #5011
    They said I could be anything...
    February 2009
    457 Posts
    calliope is 8 letters long

In the laboratory in the earlier acts...

And then there's the whole thing with Jade bringing an extra 4 planets into the scratched session
    every troll name is 8 letters

waitnobrainwasturnedoff
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

12. Post #5012
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,579 Posts
    I just want to know what lord english's real name is

13. Post #5013
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    4,026 Posts
    Calvin obviously.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Jersey Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

14. Post #5014
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,579 Posts
    sure and I bet his juju is a stuffed tiger

15. Post #5015
    <3
    October 2010
    14,683 Posts
    Well, it wouldn't be the first Calvin and Hobbes reference
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

16. Post #5016
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,669 Posts
    to be honest I liked it much better when Lord English was some sort of horrible, unfathomable skull-faced pimp pool demon. Now that he seems to have actual roots I'm not so sure that I like him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #5017
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,034 Posts
    What I really want to know is

Is every Cherub birthed by exploding out of a smarmy cueball
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events

18. Post #5018
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    2,003 Posts
    What I really want to know is

Is every Cherub birthed by exploding out of a smarmy cueball
    I just thought of something.

Let's assume "jujus" are puppets.
    What if all Cherubs come from jujus? It might explain uu's obsessive prodding of dirk to get rid of Cal.

Doc Scratch was sort of a sentient puppet-man.
    The first-guardian powers might have been why LE spawned from him instead of some random smuppet.

19. Post #5019
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,579 Posts
    to be honest I liked it much better when Lord English was some sort of horrible, unfathomable skull-faced pimp pool demon. Now that he seems to have actual roots I'm not so sure that I like him.
    i think it's interesting especially because there is still so much about him we don't know

for example

how the fuck did he get to where he can enter universes at the end

why does he have flashing billiard ball eyes

where does the cycle start

the progression from uu to lord English is really what's interesting and also he is still a demonic invincible monster cuestick pimp nothing changed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

20. Post #5020
    Sexist
    July 2006
    6,998 Posts
    1. This way we get to see where he comes from

2. Does not seem like every cherub is invincible or in possession of awesome pool ball eyes and pimpin weapons
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

21. Post #5021
    <3
    October 2010
    14,683 Posts
    Clearly one of the steps to defeating him is by saying Calliope.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Late Late x 1 (list)

22. Post #5022
    Sexist
    July 2006
    6,998 Posts
    also i was too lazy to screen shot it, but my sister sent me an email just now with a huge picture of Calliope and it scared me

i guess thats what i get for laughing at her when she screamed after reading the update

Edited:

There better be some hilarious part in which they realize they have to pronounce her name correctly
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 20Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #5023
    <3
    October 2010
    14,683 Posts
    There better be some hilarious part in which they realize they have to pronounce her name correctly
    Oh god. Please make fun of your fans this way Hussie.

Edited:

And for anyone who is thinking of doing a "Homestuck according to 'x,'"
    All pictures of Cherubs are off limits.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

24. Post #5024
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    13,955 Posts
    wouldn't it be funny is Calliope was lord english, and by saying his name they further doom themselves like with the green sun
    man what a laugh i would have
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

25. Post #5025
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    7,680 Posts
    /still wants to know the relevance of why UU and uu both use 11 characters, much like Vriska uses 8 etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

26. Post #5026
    Sexist
    July 2006
    6,998 Posts
    With the image of UU in my head, I will attempt sleep.

Edited:

God help my dreams.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

27. Post #5027
    June 2012
    302 Posts
    Sounds like Lord English is definitely trouble.

28. Post #5028
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    4,026 Posts
    wouldn't it be funny is Calliope was lord english, and by saying his name they further doom themselves like with the green sun
    man what a laugh i would have
    This seems very likely, having Lord English be defeated at least partially just by saying a word a main character now knows seems too easy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Jersey Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #5029
    November 2010
    301 Posts
    Well, it does not technically kill him, so his indestrictibility is overridden. Also, if he is a Sburb player, that means even if they find a way to kill him, he has to die either Justly or Heroically. And the only way the latter would happen is if Calliope was in control at the time. Heck, the heroic death could be killing her/himself to prevent her brother returning. (this of course assumes they are the same person)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

30. Post #5030
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    4,026 Posts
    Well, it does not technically kill him, so his indestrictibility is overridden. Also, if he is a Sburb player, that means even if they find a way to kill him, he has to die either Justly or Heroically. And the only way the latter would happen is if Calliope was in control at the time. Heck, the heroic death could be killing her/himself to prevent her brother returning. (this of course assumes they are the same person)
    I'm sure we're going to have real trouble finding out how to justly kill a devourer of universes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Jersey Show Events Funny Funny x 14Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

31. Post #5031
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,669 Posts
    So while chatting with a friend we came up with some names for trolls and ancestors. Turns out Ronald Reagan is a valid troll name.

Also valid Ancestor names:

Butthead
    Weedlord
    Swagsman
    Protoman

fan adventure artists I'm looking at you lot
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #5032
    June 2012
    302 Posts
    So while chatting with a friend we came up with some names for trolls and ancestors. Turns out Ronald Reagan is a valid troll name.

Butthead
    Weedlord
    Swagsman
    Protoman

Weedlord is obviously The Grand Highblood. Why else would he want his weedwhacker back from Dualscar so badly?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

33. Post #5033
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,003 Posts

Butthead
    Weedlord
    Swagsman
    Protoman

i didn't know snoop dog was a valid ancestor!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 14Zing Zing x 1 (list)

34. Post #5034
    October 2010
    7,591 Posts

Butthead
    Weedlord
    Swagsman
    Protoman

Canon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 7Late Late x 1 (list)

35. Post #5035
    April 2012
    984 Posts
    I think UU looks kind of cute.

Or maybe all the adorable fanart has been acting as brain bleach.

D'awwwwww.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 18 (list)

36. Post #5036
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    9,019 Posts
    Pretty late but Cal socks match with UU socks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #5037
    dvc
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,668 Posts
    I think UU looks kind of cute.

Or maybe all the adorable fanart has been acting as brain bleach.

D'awwwwww.
    i like how roxy has pink hair

the idea of all the kids hairs being the same colour as their text is hilarious to me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

38. Post #5038
    I'm so Jewish you can suck my nuts.
    Dennab
    April 2009
    9,441 Posts
    I'm still unsettled by art of the Striders and Lalondes being drawn with dark skin but retaining white or blond hair
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hong Kong Show Events Agree Agree x 19 (list)

39. Post #5039
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,579 Posts
    grand weedlord

I like it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

40. Post #5040
    dvc
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,668 Posts
    grand weedlord

I like it
    i want to draw this now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)