1. Post #561
    7zip is amazing. Took my brothers old 160gb drive with about 95gb of stuff on it. Used 7zip to compress it to fucking 12gb to put it on my flashdrive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

2. Post #562
    November 2010
    2,268 Posts

Emergency headset repair
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 7Winner Winner x 2 (list)

3. Post #563
    August 2009
    9,424 Posts
    Looks stronger than the other side actually.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

4. Post #564
    November 2010
    2,268 Posts
    Looks stronger than the other side actually.
    I'm considering preemptively applying the same fix to the other side but I can't be bothered because I'm gonna purchase something better as soon as the refund for my Sennheiser HD558's rolls around.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

5. Post #565
    August 2009
    9,424 Posts
    EA, GET YOUR FUCKING SHIT TOGETHER.

EVEN YOUR AUTOMATIC EMAIL PILE OF SHIT IS TOO INCOMPETENT TO ACTUALLY WORK.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

6. Post #566
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,370 Posts
    I think they are trying to tell you "buy the game again and all your woes go away! we are not greedy, we are just trying to help!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

7. Post #567
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,666 Posts
    I volunteered at my school's eWaste pickup day again.
    I brought back: 500 watt "Ultra" PSU, AGP geforce 7600GS, some Core 2 Quad, 2 sticks of DDR2 (Probably 1 GB sticks), 500 GB Samsung HDD and some shitty-looking PC Chips motherboard. The graphics card, PSU and a stick of RAM are probably going into my mom's PC, the core 2 quad will hopefully go into my server if it's not too crappy.

A roughed up PS3 and an old Alienware PC

Some guy brought in his 1953 TV, which was unfortunately claimed by the douchy guy running the event (Not from our school). It's a shame, the woodshop teacher would have been able to restore it really well.

Four Xbox 360s, the three in the box were brought by one guy. No idea if any of them work.

One picture of the giant mass of stuff that was dropped off. Mostly TVs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

8. Post #568
    August 2009
    9,424 Posts
    I wish i could have gone there.

Edited:

I think they are trying to tell you "buy the game again and all your woes go away! we are not greedy, we are just trying to help!"
    EA can go and get fucked by tonythebeans plunger
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

9. Post #569
    Dennab
    February 2012
    2,299 Posts
    EA can go and get fucked by tonythebeans plunger
    Don't worry, they probably won't exist in 2 years.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #570
    August 2009
    9,424 Posts
    But that would mean my copy of BF3 would be unusable because of their bullshit DRM

GOOD FUCKING MOVE EA, GO GET FED INTO AN INDUSTRIAL SHREDDER

11. Post #571
    Place a message on my profile stating how you feel towards me. (obligatory: scriptkiddy destroyer)
    March 2012
    4,449 Posts
    yeah, their stock is falling like crazy.
    I sure hope bioware and DICE make it out independent.
    also Maxis.

Wait. EA should just split up and stop spreading cancer to it's subcompanys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #572
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,666 Posts
    It appears that the PSU I got is dead. Darn.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #573
    Dennab
    February 2012
    2,299 Posts
    also Maxis.

Maxis has to survive, it just has to.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #574
    April 2009
    6,187 Posts
    Can't let EA kill another developer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

15. Post #575
    Dennab
    February 2012
    2,299 Posts
    But that would mean my copy of BF3 would be unusable because of their bullshit DRM

GOOD FUCKING MOVE EA, GO GET FED INTO AN INDUSTRIAL SHREDDER
    This is my main problem with services like onlive.
    If they ever take over, at the end of a games commercial life, they will just shut the server down with it on. They won't even hand out the game for free as it wont make them any money.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

16. Post #576
    August 2009
    9,424 Posts
    You still got a core 2 quad, i am massively jelly

Edited:

The most i got was an e4600 (which i swapped with an e6600 on a school PC.)

17. Post #577
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,312 Posts
    So Ivy is not really that good or what?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

18. Post #578
    Place a message on my profile stating how you feel towards me. (obligatory: scriptkiddy destroyer)
    March 2012
    4,449 Posts
    So Ivy is not really that good or what?
    It's okay, little better than Sandy, but hotter and doesn't OC as good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

19. Post #579
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,872 Posts
    also Maxis.

Damn, you're right. They're down a lot from 5 years ago, especially. And they're back at the lowest point in the last 5 years.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

20. Post #580
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,666 Posts

Edited:

Heh. The PC I got it from had a sticker for Core 2 Quad, though my server sees it as a Celeron D. Also, the hard drive I got is also dead.

I wasn't that lucky this year...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

21. Post #581
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,685 Posts
    Some guy brought in his 1953 TV, which was unfortunately claimed by the douchy guy running the event (Not from our school). It's a shame, the woodshop teacher would have been able to restore it really well.
    I hope he restores it and doesn't turn it into a fish tank.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #582
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,370 Posts
    You looked around for mechanical keyboards, right, RIGHT?

Also, it really really seems weird people just throwing away Xbox 360s and PS3s. Here, we attempt to sell everything, even if it's broken.
    A broken PS3 goes for about $50-75 here. A P4 tower for $50. Old LCD monitor? $100.

And you guys are throwing Core2Quads away. I wish I lived there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #583
    Bus Driver
    December 2009
    8,333 Posts
    *cool electronic junk*
    How come nobody around here has days like these?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

24. Post #584
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    26,085 Posts
    I've always wanted to go to a PC scrapyard and pick up old shit, but I don't think they're that nice and I don't know any nearby.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

25. Post #585
    August 2009
    9,424 Posts
    Last time i went to the dump, the council was there and they threatened to call the police if they saw me there again
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #586
    Dennab
    February 2012
    2,299 Posts
    I hope he restores it and doesn't turn it into a fish tank.
    He had better have a magnavox odyssey to plug into it.

Edited:

Last time i went to the dump, the council was there and they threatened to call the police if they saw me there again
    My local dump is like that, then you see the cunts down the car boot sale at the end of the week with untested electricals...

27. Post #587
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,666 Posts
    You looked around for mechanical keyboards, right, RIGHT?
    I didn't get a chance to look at every keyboard that came through there, though I don't think I saw any. Last year there were a few Model Ms, so I picked the one in the best condition and brought it home.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

28. Post #588
    August 2009
    9,424 Posts
    I really wish the bloody law let people take stuff from dumps, only keep scrap dealers out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

29. Post #589
    Dennab
    February 2012
    2,299 Posts
    I really wish the bloody law let people take stuff from dumps, only keep scrap dealers out.
    You wouldn't believe the amount of Commodore and Acorn gear that I used to see down my dump, it was incredible.

30. Post #590
    August 2009
    9,424 Posts
    You wouldn't believe how tough PCs actually are, one dell i picked up was FILLED with dead leaves.

Barring the HDD, the whole lot worked.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

31. Post #591
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,442 Posts
    I have a dozen essays to do for the end of the semester. They're all going to be insanely easy yet I can't be assed to start. Everything is due this week and I'm going to end up doing it all last minute.

Story of my life.

Edited:

Oh god, I'm blogpunching. I'm turning into that which I hate most.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

32. Post #592
    August 2009
    9,424 Posts
    I have a dozen essays to do for the end of the semester. They're all going to be insanely easy yet I can't be assed to start. Everything is due this week and I'm going to end up doing it all last minute.

Story of my life.
    When you need to hand them in just be like:

33. Post #593
    Dennab
    February 2012
    2,299 Posts

Story of my life.

Edited:

Oh god, I'm blogpunching. I'm turning into that which I hate most.
    I'm in the same boat, I'm done with my first year of college in 4 weeks, just starting my redrafts soon and I have a bit of 3DS work, 2 digital graphics writeups and a bit of my 2D game left to write.

34. Post #594
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    26,085 Posts
    Next week is my last week before finals.

I got two programming assignments and a research paper due. I've just been playing World of Warcraft.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #595
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,657 Posts

Edited:

I've got an Athlon II X2 240 and a C2D E7300, and some RAM before
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

36. Post #596
    April 2009
    6,187 Posts
    I found some old old hardware with chip creep.

Thought I'd never see the day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #597
    December 2009
    8,765 Posts
    I volunteered at my school's eWaste pickup day again.
    I brought back: 500 watt "Ultra" PSU, AGP geforce 7600GS, some Core 2 Quad, 2 sticks of DDR2 (Probably 1 GB sticks), 500 GB Samsung HDD and some shitty-looking PC Chips motherboard. The graphics card, PSU and a stick of RAM are probably going into my mom's PC, the core 2 quad will hopefully go into my server if...

pics
    My fingers are itching so bad. I just want to dive in and swim around like an electronic crazy Scrooge McDuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

38. Post #598
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    3,813 Posts
    I have a lot of old stuff like the stuff you see in those junkyard places.
    I have a whole shelf full of old CD drives and a DVD drive, all IDE. I also have a lot of those brand computer PSUs, cases, the lot.

Edited:

Oh, and someone play a game with me, nothing to do on this brilliant Saturday.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

39. Post #599
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    1,602 Posts
    My college wont let us have any of the old equipment, they insist that it all has to go to 'e-waste'.

Then again, why on earth would I want a Pentium D Dell Optiplex?

40. Post #600
    August 2009
    9,424 Posts
    My college wont let us have any of the old equipment, they insist that it all has to go to 'e-waste'.
    HUURDUUR DATA SECKUREYTEY ACT