1. Post #401
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    14,789 Posts
    Can anyone recommend me a new gaming mouse? Mine broke and I've managed to save around Ā£30 to get a new one. The only requirement is at least 2500 dpi, preferably two side buttons and a decent warranty. Edited: Also I did try in the mouse buying guide thread but no replies
    intellimouse, basically a cheaper and sturdier sidewinder without the ugly casing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

2. Post #402
    June 2010
    1,358 Posts
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Co...5544573&sr=1-1

this looks decent but I just spotted the G400 for £25, would that be better?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-G40...544573&sr=1-11
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #403
    I will huff and puff and FLIP YOUR FUCKING TABLES
    October 2005
    7,063 Posts
    I can vouch for the G400/G500, they're excellent mice. I have a G500 myself and the build quality is nice, and the mouse even stores settings on itself, so I don't have to rebind shit across different systems. (I use the side buttons as media buttons )
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #404
    November 2010
    2,246 Posts
    +1 for the G500, I absolutely love mine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #405
    Place a message on my profile stating how you feel towards me. (obligatory: scriptkiddy destroyer)
    March 2012
    4,358 Posts
    Is the G700 any good?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #406
    August 2009
    9,279 Posts
    RIP gigabyte GA-P35 DS3R

POSTS but as soon as it beeps it restarts, tried everything.

Edited:

now i have no gaming PC
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #407
    October 2005
    7,063 Posts
    RIP gigabyte GA-P35 DS3R

POSTS but as soon as it beeps it restarts, tried everything.

Edited:

now i have no gaming PC
    feel my pain
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

8. Post #408
    August 2009
    9,279 Posts
    I'll see if i can get hold of either my GA-G31M ES2 or my GA-G31M ES3L.

Edited:

Bloody loved that board though, thanks makol.

Edited:

Anyone reckon they can take on BF3 with a 3GHZ core 2 quad and my GTS250?

9. Post #409
    April 2009
    6,187 Posts
    I really need to find an old P4 board that I can put a 9250 and DDR2 in. Gotta get myself a Linux box running.
    If it's socket 478, here you go dude: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813138302

I ordered and used a few to rebuild old prebuilts into somewhat manageable shape.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

10. Post #410
    Cake like Lady Gaga
    December 2005
    15,800 Posts
    Not worth spending $60 for that old crap, imo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

11. Post #411
    CIPWTTKT's Resident Redneckā„¢
    December 2009
    7,198 Posts
    No clue what socket it is. I basically had the CPU thrown at me and I put it in my pocket.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

12. Post #412

April 2011
    4,457 Posts
    I'll see if i can get hold of either my GA-G31M ES2 or my GA-G31M ES3L.

Edited:

Bloody loved that board though, thanks makol.

Edited:

Anyone reckon they can take on BF3 with a 3GHZ core 2 quad and my GTS250?
    That will probably run BF3 on a mix of medium and low. Possibly medium with some things on high.

13. Post #413
    April 2009
    6,187 Posts
    Not worth spending $60 for that old crap, imo.
    Considering I got 200 for each rebuild, I'm not gonna argue with paying 60.

No clue what socket it is. I basically had the CPU thrown at me and I put it in my pocket.
    Does it have pins or contact plates?

14. Post #414
    I wasted a dollar on a stupid title.
    September 2007
    16,604 Posts
    Just finished reading The Art of Intrusion.
    Good book.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

15. Post #415
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,920 Posts
    Went to Google + Barracuda Networks

got free lunch

got swag

dog

was cool
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 19 (list)

16. Post #416
    CIPWTTKT's Resident Redneckā„¢
    December 2009
    7,198 Posts

Does it have pins or contact plates?
    Pins. Pentium 4 @ 3.2Ghz.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

17. Post #417
    April 2009
    6,187 Posts
    Pins. Pentium 4 @ 3.2Ghz.
    Definitely PGA 478. G31 chipset.

18. Post #418
    Cake like Lady Gaga
    December 2005
    15,800 Posts
    I'll sell my Phenom II 945 / 8800 GT PC right now for $200

19. Post #419
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    21,609 Posts
    I found a neat program.
    GameSave Manager

It can scan your HDD for game save locations and then back them all up, and even automatically create and manage SymLinks so you can have all of your saves on Dropbox, for example. So now all of my save games are automatically on the cloud.

I was already doing this manually but this program makes it a ton easier.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

20. Post #420
    August 2009
    9,279 Posts
    Definitely PGA 478. G31 chipset.
    It would be awesome if you could core 2 duo mobile CPUs in there.

21. Post #421
    Cake like Lady Gaga
    December 2005
    15,800 Posts
    I found a neat program.
    GameSave Manager

It can scan your HDD for game save locations and then back them all up, and even automatically create and manage SymLinks so you can have all of your saves on Dropbox, for example. So now all of my save games are automatically on the cloud.

late and great

Edited:

hopefully they update it for Google Drive

22. Post #422
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    21,609 Posts
    late and great

Edited:

hopefully they update it for Google Drive
    Just change your DropBox directory to your Google Drive folder in options and it will work fine.

Edited:

I'm just assuming this.

Edited:

Went to Google + Barracuda Networks

got free lunch

got swag

dog

was cool
    They gave you a free dog?

With sunglasses?

Google best company of the year all years.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

23. Post #423
    April 2009
    6,187 Posts
    I found a neat program.
    GameSave Manager

That sounds quite cool. I think I'll look into that, I don't want to lose game saves that are like 80hrs long.

Just change your DropBox directory to your Google Drive folder in options and it will work fine.

That doesn't work unfortunately.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #424
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    21,609 Posts
    nobody cares

Edited:

You bastard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #425
    Place a message on my profile stating how you feel towards me. (obligatory: scriptkiddy destroyer)
    March 2012
    4,358 Posts
    MC3crazy and SGTNAPALM seem to have a "dumb" war.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #426
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    14,789 Posts
    I found a neat program. GameSave Manager It can scan your HDD for game save locations and then back them all up, and even automatically create and manage SymLinks so you can have all of your saves on Dropbox, for example. So now all of my save games are automatically on the cloud. I was already doing this manually but this program makes it a ton easier.
    fuck

I was just about to start writing a program for that this weekend. This keeps happening
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

27. Post #427
    September 2007
    16,604 Posts
    Meanwhile on the Microsoft side of things, Windows Phone 8 might possibly maybe have Bluetooth API.

The whole Windows Phone situation just makes me feel bad for Microsoft, someone should just tap them on the shoulder and tell them to let go.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

28. Post #428
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    14,789 Posts
    Speaking of which, urbanspoon stole my idea. I had a working prototype and everything, just never fancied up the interface, and then a month later BOOM urbanspoon app came out

Of course the server I was hosting it on crashed shortly after and now I have no backups and zero proof.

Mine was functionally better too, had all the same features but also used google maps and GPS to show the nearest location and prevent it from showing a restaurant further away than a user inputted value (default 10 miles) and it let you choose between breakfast lunch, dinner, and desert and I could add weight to choices if some company wanted to pay for that

29. Post #429
    September 2007
    16,604 Posts
    Speaking of which, urbanspoon stole my idea. I had a working prototype and everything, just never fancied up the interface, and then a month later BOOM urbanspoon app came out

Of course the server I was hosting it on crashed shortly after and now I have no backups and zero proof.

Mine was functionally better too, had all the same features but also used google maps and GPS to show the nearest location and prevent it from showing a restaurant further away than a user inputted value (default 10 miles) and it let you choose between breakfast lunch, dinner, and desert and I could add weight to choices if some company wanted to pay for that
    I created Angry Birds before Rovio but then the CEO came with a bunch of thugs, shot me in the leg, stole the source code, burnt my hard drive with thermite and a tornado destroyed the off-site backups.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

30. Post #430
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,354 Posts
    Meanwhile on the Microsoft side of things, Windows Phone 8 might possibly maybe have Bluetooth API.

The whole Windows Phone situation just makes me feel bad for Microsoft, someone should just tap them on the shoulder and tell them to let go.
    Hey, we're someone here who like the OS - it's not bad if you don't need the things that are offered by other OS's. I don't need for much else than calling, taking a picture, browsing, sending messages and so forth, and these things it does quite brilliantly. Especially for the price. The interface is really good as well, and for the same price as this I could've gotten something that would be slower and less appealing (and those are really the parameters for the phone, when I don't need the other functionality). Besides, we have yet to get sales numbers from Nokia, and I frequently see Lumias in the bus, train, etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

31. Post #431
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    14,789 Posts
    I created Angry Birds before Rovio but then the CEO came with a bunch of thugs, shot me in the leg, stole the source code, burnt my hard drive with thermite and a tornado destroyed the off-site backups.
    except I think we just had the same idea at the same time and they just happened to have a team that was collectively better at programming

32. Post #432
    April 2009
    6,187 Posts
    Hey, we're someone here who like the OS - it's not bad if you don't need the things that are offered by other OS's. I don't need for much else than calling, taking a picture, browsing, sending messages and so forth, and these things it does quite brilliantly. Especially for the price. The interface is really good as well, and for the same price as this I could've gotten something that would be slower and less appealing (and those are really the parameters for the phone, when I don't need the other functionality). Besides, we have yet to get sales numbers from Nokia, and I frequently see Lumias in the bus, train, etc.
    How is the application market? That was one of my main concerns when I was looking at phones.

33. Post #433
    So I want to build a giant ripping machine. My mom has like trillions of CD's and I want them all in FLAC or ALAC on the server I'm building. So at work a friend and me worked on a way to take all these old drives and build some sort of giant ripping machine.

Basically we think we're going to make 10 drive towers and hook three together. Then run them all to an average computer. I might build a really average quad core computer like an i3, then get like 5-6 sata controllers. And get some IDE to Sata converters on ebay, plug each drive in, run it to the controller card and viola, we have thirty CD/DVD drives to rip media to the server.

Anyone see any glaring issues?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

34. Post #434
    October 2005
    7,063 Posts
    well then
    I just got an HTC Inspire 4G from my neighbour
    (almost) brand new.
    what do? I don't have a cellular plan anymore but I guess I can make this thing useful..

35. Post #435
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,245 Posts
    What will you do later with all the stuff you will get?

How will you rip automatically?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

36. Post #436

Not automatically, but batch ripping. Fill all the drives with CD's, rip, wait a while since it will be bottlenecked, and proceed again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

37. Post #437
    Dennab
    February 2012
    2,299 Posts

Linux, and the wonderful power of shell scripts and command line utilities?

Edited:

Or not.

38. Post #438
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,370 Posts
    well then
    I just got an HTC Inspire 4G from my neighbour
    (almost) brand new.
    what do? I don't have a cellular plan anymore but I guess I can make this thing useful..
    What?

Also, develop for it or use it to browse the web on wifi.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events

39. Post #439
    October 2005
    7,063 Posts
    What?

Also, develop for it or use it to browse the web on wifi.
    What are you 'what'ing about? My mom cut me off and I can't pay for one on my own right now so..
    and yeah, I guess that's what I'll end up using it as..a web browser and glorified mp3 player. And a device to fuck around with. This is the first Android device I've ever had for myself.

40. Post #440
    So guess who spent like four hours in a meeting figuring out PART of a database schema?

Here's a hint: it was me. I did.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)