July 2007
    10,248 Posts
    It's talking about an offline attack you dummy

if someone gets a copy of the database
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

2. Post #842
    August 2009
    9,424 Posts
    And then a fucking giant thunderstorm is now above me.

No rain or anything, the thunder is barely audible.

fucking bright though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #843
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    6,447 Posts
    Found this on a site I usually shop on;

Voilą!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 18 (list)

4. Post #844
    April 2009
    6,187 Posts
    Oh no. I don't understand why people keep those screen films on for so long.

Shit gets ripped off day 1.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

5. Post #845
    PLUNGER BUTT
    November 2010
    2,756 Posts

A 5 year old fucking laptop came in today, still had all the stickers, screen coverer shits, everything. I wanted to punch the guy in the face.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #846
    April 2008
    1,242 Posts
    Nah, they're really easy to remember. Cue the famous "CorrectHorseBatteryStaple" XKCD comic.

Edited:

I would do these passwords more, but because of arbitrary limitations people do site password checks sucks.

Why do I need to have upper case, lower case, and a numerical character. If I just do a line from a song or book or rhyme it would be more secure. I like to use a line from a manual for something I use often.

An example would be thehpp1130isatrinitronmonitor.

Other easy ways are from different names of computers on your network. Pick 3 of them and put them in a random order
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #847
    I wasted a dollar on a stupid title.
    September 2007
    17,104 Posts
    Mine's not quite so powerful, but it's good enough:

Couple things:
    1) what the fuck is up with the font
    2) If the service I'm signed up with takes 12 years to realize there's someone trying to break in, then they probably suck and I'd have cancelled my account by the time they succeed.
    The actual answer is one second since you're dumb enough to type your password on a random site.
    No, saying "I didn't enter my password, I entered that amount of spaces" doesn't change the situation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Disagree Disagree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #848
    November 2010
    2,268 Posts
    Since we are discussing password security, everyone should watch this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Useful Useful x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #849
    September 2007
    17,104 Posts
    I've already watched it, but it's been a couple of months, so I'll add it to my list.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

10. Post #850
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,456 Posts
    The actual answer is one second since you're dumb enough to type your password on a random site.
    No, saying "I didn't enter my password, I entered that amount of spaces" doesn't change the situation.
    I don't understand how typing a theoretically similar password will mean the guys intercepting it will know his actual password.

Edited:

Actually, I can see how it could be easier to guess now that they know the length of his password.

11. Post #851
    May 2007
    858 Posts
    Since we are discussing password security, everyone should watch this.

My password is 21 characters long and has no words in it
    http://howsecureismypassword.net/
    1 septillion years to crack
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #852
    SirCrest Sexual Enthusiast
    August 2008
    14,852 Posts
    Gotta love the Wifi at my college.
    Before, I was downloading an Arch ISO for raisins. It was going at a nice 80Mbit, now I try to download stuff, 2 hours later, and it's near dialup speeds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

13. Post #853
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,670 Posts
    So I've been using f.lux for a few days now. A few minutes ago, I decided to switch it off to get an idea of how dramatic the change is.

Ow.

It's as if my monitor turned on its high-beams, despite it being on 35% brightness.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

14. Post #854
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,456 Posts
    So I've been using f.lux for a few days now. A few minutes ago, I decided to switch it off to get an idea of how dramatic the change is.

Ow.

It's as if my monitor turned on its high-beams, despite it being on 35% brightness.
    I tried f.lux for about a month and all it succeeded in doing was making my eyes burn whenever it was on.

15. Post #855
    Bus Driver
    December 2009
    8,340 Posts
    I tried f.lux for about a month and all it succeeded in doing was making my eyes burn whenever it was on.
    Its weird, because I actually can't see the orange on the screen, but I can see the orange from the screen reflecting off other surfaces. Its sort of trippy.

16. Post #856

I tend to keep stickers on that actually have that adhesive shit that makes it stick instead of those nice, easy to remove ones.

The adhesive stays on and makes it all sticky, nasty and gross.
    Why did we lose the bottle of goo gone???

Though screen films, since they're the easy to remove type, they're the first to go.

17. Post #857
    Project Lead, Internet Explorer for Linux
    October 2008
    14,615 Posts
    And yet they didn't even ask for my username, my email address, my real name, anything like that.

If they're after everyone's passwords they're being fucktarded about it.

Edited:

also I feel accomplished

for some reason I had this wild bug up my ass to get artist images for EVERYTHING in my library. Tedious process? hell no, just 34 lines (and one download of BeautifulSoup later) and I'm pulling them off last.fm within 5 minutes (when it would take me an hour manually).

Having something like that for EVERYTHING in my collection. Fuck. Yeah.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

18. Post #858
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,750 Posts
    Except you don't actually submit anything. If look look at the page source it's just executing Javascript.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #859
    September 2007
    17,104 Posts
    Except you don't actually submit anything. If look look at the page source it's just executing Javascript.
    The point is that if you're dumb enough to give your password when you're asked for it, every single time, the password has no meaning.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8 (list)

20. Post #860
    Mombasa's Hubby :3
    October 2008
    3,886 Posts
    f.lux is incredible until you forget it's on while you're using Photoshop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 19Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #861
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,315 Posts
    Oh lawd.

I was just like, I should reinstall F.Lux, it was pretty great.

I have it. And I have had it for a while. And I have not noticed it because summer time and it is orange only at night.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #862
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    1,602 Posts
    By flashing a new partition table to my HTC Desire, I've increased the internal storage from 150mb to 220mb.

I'm happy, the low storage warnings were pissing me off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events

23. Post #863
    That Dog
    March 2009
    13,808 Posts
    aaand i7 3770k is out of stock.

well it looks like i'll be waiting forever I guess.

24. Post #864
    April 2011
    3,188 Posts
    aaand i7 3770k is out of stock.

well it looks like i'll be waiting forever I guess.
    brt got to them first

all of them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #865
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,211 Posts
    I can't get a new computer until June, this will be a painful month.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events

26. Post #866
    Resident Raccoon
    January 2008
    9,154 Posts
    I can't upgrade my computer until I get a job, this will be a normal unknown amount of time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #867
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    1,907 Posts
    Going to get i5 3570K today

FINALLY a replacement for my celeron E1400, I wonder what it's like to have a faster than average computer
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Netherlands Show Events

28. Post #868
    November 2010
    2,268 Posts
    Going to get i5 3570K today

FINALLY a replacement for my celeron E1400, I wonder what it's like to have a faster than average computer
    Absolutely amazing for the first few weeks/months then the novelty wears off and you get used to it.
    Also enjoy never being able to stand any computer slower than yours now. You're now addicted to speed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

29. Post #869
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    1,907 Posts
    Absolutely amazing for the first few weeks/months then the novelty wears off and you get used to it.
    Also enjoy never being able to stand any computer slower than yours now. You're now addicted to speed.
    School computers are going to kill me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Netherlands Show Events

30. Post #870
    December 2009
    8,768 Posts
    School computers are going to kill me
    Quite probably

Mine has tried to electrocute me a couple of times
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

31. Post #871
    CIPWTTKT's Resident Redneckā„¢
    December 2009
    7,274 Posts
    I had my hand sliced open by the metal around the edge of a power supply on a ThinkCentre.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #872
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    1,602 Posts
    I cut my finger installing a case fan.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

33. Post #873
    November 2011
    531 Posts
    i tried to overclock a p4 once and my dog died
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 11Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #874
    SirCrest is my life, so is yours.
    October 2009
    7,457 Posts
    Back when i was ~8 years, a screwdriver slipped and it went straight through my hand. Still have a scar from that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

35. Post #875
    Dennab
    November 2011
    1,860 Posts
    my school has i5 2400's, coming from a 4.7ghz 2500k they aren't too shabby

Edited:

i tried to overclock a p4 once and my dog died
    i played a 4 hour session of crysis on a passively cooled hd4550 and my house burnt down and killed everybody i ever loved including myself i am dead
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Europe Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

36. Post #876
    June 2010
    9,225 Posts
    My netbook is way faster than the Thinkpads at school, all thanks to XPs patented SlowPoke™ technology
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

37. Post #877
    Dennab
    February 2012
    2,299 Posts
    I cut myself open installing a motherboard I/O plate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

38. Post #878
    June 2010
    9,225 Posts
    I cut my thumb on a heatsink, and it actually cut me thrice so my thumb had like a "l l l" scar
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #879
    September 2007
    17,104 Posts
    10 hours until paper needs to be turned in.
    Taking the Hobbits to Isengard 10 hours, engage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

40. Post #880
    Dennab
    February 2012
    2,299 Posts
    Assignments due in tomorow, oh well, space station 13 time!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events