1. Post #601
    I LOVE ANIME AND MAGICAL GIRLS BUT DONT TELL ANYONE
    January 2008
    11,039 Posts
    It's a mod the participants are forced to use.
    is it private/public

i'd love to play
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #602
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    9,751 Posts
    Wait, why does the Panther cost 48k xp to research while the Vk3002DB costs only 25k xp? It's even cheaper to go through the VK3001H, then Vk3002DB and then the Panther than it is to go Vk3001H to panther.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

3. Post #603
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    24,683 Posts
    Wait, why does the Panther cost 48k xp to research while the Vk3002DB costs only 25k xp? It's even cheaper to go through the VK3001H, then Vk3002DB and then the Panther than it is to go Vk3001H to panther.
    Modules?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

4. Post #604
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    9,751 Posts
    Pretty sure it costs more xp in modules to get to the panther than it does to get to the Vk3002DB.

Edited:

9k xp in modules to get to the Panther. It costs nothing to get to the VK3002DB, because I already have the 75mm KWK40 /48.

5. Post #605
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    4,080 Posts
    Did some nice platooning with Lawlbo and TheicelandicOne
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Informative Informative x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

6. Post #606
    July 2009
    2,165 Posts
    it is time

What is this exactly? new mode or just a mod?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #607
    Don't drunk i'm shoot!
    August 2010
    2,628 Posts
    What is this exactly? new mode or just a mod?
    Good job reading the past page you dolt
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

8. Post #608
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    4,080 Posts
    Shame I got intentionally team fucked by a GWPanther because I called him useless as with all arty players. Asshole
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

9. Post #609
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,524 Posts
    you are forgetting a few things

1. if you go the vk 3002 (db) route you're going to have to spend an additional 700k in credits to get to the panther

2. unless you plan on grinding through the vk3002(db) completely stock, you're going to have to spend an additional 40-50k in xp, meaning you'll spend ~90-100k in xp to get to the panther through the vk3002(db) route as opposed to spending the 58k xp to get to the panther from the vk3001(h)

3. the only purpose the vk3002(db) serves grinding wise is to give people who don't know which path they want to go more time to choose. if you already know ahead of time it's pointless to go to the vk3002(db)

Edited:

although if you're just going to free xp your way from the vk 3001(h) to the panther, then yeah it's cheaper to go 3002(db)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

10. Post #610
    June 2007
    2,641 Posts
    I'm sorry, but if artillery was as accurate and powerful in real life as this game shows them to be, tanks would've been obsolete after WWII.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

11. Post #611
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    9,751 Posts
    Well, it still doesn't make sense that it's cheaper to just go through another tier 7 tank, then get the tier 7 tank.

12. Post #612
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,524 Posts
    Well, it still doesn't make sense that it's cheaper to just go through another tier 7 tank, then get the tier 7 tank.
    It's not... Did you read anything in my post?

Unless you're planning on only using free xp (which barely anybody will, and if you do then you're spending gold to get to the panther), it costs more both credit and xp wise to go through the vk3002(db) than it does to just go straight the panther

13. Post #613
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    9,751 Posts
    I am talking about XP only.

14. Post #614
    I went through the 3002DB so I could get the panther without going through the 3001h.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

15. Post #615
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,524 Posts
    I am talking about XP only.
    Well wargaming assumes that the players will actually play the tanks they unlock, which is why it costs so much more to play the vk3002(db) and go to the panther than just go to the panther.

The panther isn't the only tank grind that's like this, though. If you're one of those players who only uses premium tanks and then uses all the free xp they've gathered to jump through the tech trees, you also need to realize that you're using gold which is so much more valuable than anything else in the game.

So yes, while it may be cheaper when comparing the numbers, it will still cost you more time or gold to get through a stock vk3002(db) to the panther only to save 10k xp as opposed to just going through the vk3001(h) route.

16. Post #616
    November 2010
    5,513 Posts
    Look what I found on the test server

why.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

17. Post #617
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,524 Posts
    messing around with the su-5 on the test server

just unlocked it, first shot with it hits an m10 in his open roof

he gets ammo racked, detracked, set on fire, and then dies within a few seconds from said fire
    arty underpowred

18. Post #618

19. Post #619
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,147 Posts
    I'm sorry, but if artillery was as accurate and powerful in real life as this game shows them to be, tanks would've been obsolete after WWII.
    I'm pretty sure they would have been deemed obsolete in WW2 too. The Battle of Kursk would have just been a bunch of guys running around with binoculars and radios calling in arty strikes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #620
    May 2011
    399 Posts
    Look what I found on the test server

why.
    You think thats bad? Look at this

21. Post #621
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,524 Posts
    wargaming does an excellent job at putting you in shitty teams until you actually have a bad match, and then it makes you waste your double xp.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #622
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    24,683 Posts
    Penetrated an E-100 with the TrollKV

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 16Winner Winner x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #623
    Skeepan Member
    September 2007
    3,311 Posts

Sweet Jesus
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #624
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    1,054 Posts
    You think thats bad? Look at this

I did that to a guy in my clan once, he didn't realise 'til the end of the battle.

He then felt compelled to check all of his tanks for other substitutions...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

25. Post #625
    Captain Armed Dildo, Master of Ratings
    February 2011
    5,346 Posts
    wait is 7.3 out or is oakman just being a liare?

26. Post #626
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,524 Posts
    wait is 7.3 out or is oakman just being a liare?
    it's out

on the test server
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #627
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    7,055 Posts

The 3001P is bigger than the Tiger P

Thats with the 2nd turret

28. Post #628
    Don't drunk i'm shoot!
    August 2010
    2,628 Posts
    it's out

on the test server
    I'm going to stab you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

29. Post #629
    November 2010
    5,513 Posts
    I'm going to stab you
    Hey, we don't stab people around here

we marder them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

30. Post #630
    March 2010
    3,993 Posts
    and I've now repurchased my KV-3. 7.3 can't come soon enough.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #631
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,524 Posts
    I figure I'll sell a few tanks that I want to keep once 7.3 is about to come out to buy the kv-3 and is-4, get the extra garage slots, sell the tanks i'll get from 7.3, rebuy the ones i sold prior to 7.3 and resume playing

might keep the t10 is-4 though, i have fond memories of the tank as a t9 heavy

32. Post #632
    November 2010
    5,513 Posts

For those who want to see the restoration process of the Panther posted a few pages earlier.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

33. Post #633
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    22,708 Posts
    One of the first things Planetside 2 devs confirmed was no artillery because they don't believe indirect fire mechanics work well in a video game.

34. Post #634
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,562 Posts
    [h2]IT'S MOVIE TIME[/h2]

http://www.livestream.com/acidcj
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

35. Post #635
    March 2010
    3,993 Posts
    we'll start in like 10 minutes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #636
    Skeepan Member
    September 2007
    3,311 Posts
    Damnit I wanna finish watching this Panther restoration video first >:(

37. Post #637
    September 2011
    181 Posts
    Why the fuck was the Jap-POW unhand-cuffed and able to kill those guys?!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

38. Post #638
    Why the fuck was the Jap-POW unhand-cuffed and able to kill those guys?!
    I'm more concerned about the flaregun ammoracking a transport copter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #639
    March 2010
    3,993 Posts
    sorry guys, we'll give notice further in advance next time

(it's goon's fault for needing 2 hours to take out the garbage)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #640
    Secure, Contain, Protect.
    October 2008
    7,792 Posts
    That was the shittiest movie I've ever seen, and I've watched a lot of Nic Cage movies.

Also the boat got ammoracked, fagola.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)