1. Post #6401
    2014 SH Pun Award Nominee
    January 2009
    20,696 Posts
    Every time a new patch comes out my FPS goes down, is Wargaming is trying to wean me off the game?

I find it funny how an 2600K and GTX580 can't run WoT at a constant 60FPS, when I can run BF3 on Ultra and get higher FPS than I do in WoT.
    Weird, my framerate is getting steadily better and better, with each patch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #6402
    Skeepan Member
    September 2007
    3,439 Posts
    On the test server my framerate was awful, even on the lowest settings. i7-930, GTX 580, and 6GB RAM

Edited:

Finally got it :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Late Late x 4 (list)

3. Post #6403
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,834 Posts
    With the HE Buff in 7.4, will the HE blasters (122, 105, etc) actually be considered an alternative and or a threat in higher tier battles? What about artillery such as the Priest or SU-5?

I'd love to try out the 122 on my KV-13 if it can deal some major module/crew damage to enemy tanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #6404
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,645 Posts
    The people we just kicked out of jutland reapplied for it.

Wonder if they'll make it to the finals to face us again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

5. Post #6405
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,746 Posts
    The people we just kicked out of jutland reapplied for it.

Wonder if they'll make it to the finals to face us again.
    They will not defeat us, we hold the high ground.

Edited:

also this likely the Japanese Tier 10 Medium

The Type 74 Nana-yon
    38 tons, 750 horsepower engine, top speed 53km/h, Designed in 1962 and is on level with the Leopard 1 and M60 with armor thickness similar to the M48 and of course like damn near everything in this time period mounts the British L7 105.

I like it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

6. Post #6406
    January 2012
    373 Posts

Edited:

The Type 90 Nana-yon
    38 tons, 750 horsepower engine, top speed 53km/h, Designed in 1962 and is on level with the Leopard 1 and M60 with armor thickness similar to the M48 and of course like damn near everything in this time period mounts the British L7 105.

I like it.

That's the Type 74, Type 90 is Kyu-Maru. /nitpick

Also scout in the AMX 40

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

7. Post #6407
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,804 Posts

Edited:

The Type 90 Nana-yon

I like it.
    Oh look yet another fucking modern gun/tank that shouldn't be in the damned game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #6408
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,746 Posts
    That's the Type 74, Type 90 is Kyu-Maru. /nitpick
    woops, my bad

Edited:

T20 with the HE lobber 105 is actually pretty effective and it shoots faster than the 90 which is hilarious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

9. Post #6409
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,376 Posts
    woops, my bad

Edited:

T20 with the HE lobber 105 is actually pretty effective and it shoots faster than the 90 which is hilarious.
    I always wanted to try it but the 90mm seemed adequate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

10. Post #6410
    August 2011
    1,461 Posts
    I really need to get my shit together and focus. Tanks in my garage* I'm grinding: T20 (96,500xp to go), T29 (79,500xp to go), M5 Stuart (39,500xp to go and I haven't even played it in a month), KV-1S (still 28,000 for engine+gun, plus ~103k depending if I want both IS and KV-13), SU-100 (42,000xp if I ignore the 85mm), ARL 44 (64,000xp), AMX 12t (~90k xp if I want to jump to the SPG line plus the AMX 13)... plus I haven't even started on the US TDs... I don't have any German tanks yet... British Are Coming™... and so on.

And I don't want to buy premium while the threat of 7.4 being a fucking nightmare looms over like a storm front.

*BONUS EDITION: EDITED FOR CLARITY
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #6411
    Jherkin Gherkin
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,198 Posts
    are you grinding to them or with them

12. Post #6412
    January 2009
    20,696 Posts
    He says he needs ~90k exp on AMX12t. That should give you a hint.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #6413
    August 2011
    1,461 Posts
    Edited for you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

14. Post #6414
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,078 Posts
    I've had streaks like that. Hitting moving light scout tanks across the map, but a heavy tank sitting right in front of my fully-aimed reticule is missed entirely.

But when it hits... Ooooh-hohoho, when it hits.
    It's both astounding and annoying at the same time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #6415
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,746 Posts
    Some SSGS sub clan faggot in a KV-1S is trying to troll people by saying he's using Gold ammo.

In a tier 7 match.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

16. Post #6416
    January 2009
    20,696 Posts
    Some SSGS sub clan faggot in a KV-1S is trying to troll people by saying he's using Gold ammo.

In a tier 7 match.
    I would tell him it's ok because I see he doesn't on my wallhack
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events Funny Funny x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #6417
    Jherkin Gherkin
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,198 Posts
    sorry im ignorant

Edited:

also im like 50k xp on t20 to pershing

i could totally buy like 8 dollars of gold and free xp but i dunno if THATS MY SMARTEST IDEA
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #6418
    August 2011
    1,461 Posts
    I really don't feel like grinding that much on the 12t, but then I don't really feel like going up an SPG line from the bottom, either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

19. Post #6419
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,376 Posts
    sorry im ignorant

Edited:

also im like 50k xp on t20 to pershing

i could totally buy like 8 dollars of gold and free xp but i dunno if THATS MY SMARTEST IDEA
    Your smartest idea would be to grind XP on the Panzer III Ausf A until you have 100,000 gold worth, buy that much gold to convert it, then spend it all on French artillery.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #6420
    January 2009
    20,696 Posts
    Your smartest idea would be to grind XP on the Panzer III Ausf A until you have 100,000 gold worth, buy that much gold to convert it, then spend it all on French artillery.
    Slap yourself.

He might take it seriously.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

21. Post #6421
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    6,462 Posts
    I made a Jagdpanther in gmod as well now. THE ADDICTION IS SPREADING.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #6422
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,078 Posts
    I made a Jagdpanther in gmod as well now. THE ADDICTION IS SPREADING.
    I hear that. I started modelling a JagdPz IV in 3D Max.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #6423
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,376 Posts
    Slap yourself.

He might take it seriously.
    What if he does? The Ausf A is an incredibly good tank for it's tier and a testament to German engineering.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #6424
    January 2009
    20,696 Posts
    What if he does? The Ausf A is an incredibly good tank for it's tier and a testament to German engineering.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events

25. Post #6425
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,633 Posts

There, now maybe pubbies with 43% win rate will stop bothering me to join their clan.
    [sup][sup]The capatcha was Top Dog too.[/sup][/sup]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6 (list)

26. Post #6426
    January 2009
    20,696 Posts
    Huh, they snuck in a Maus buff in 7.4.

There's no more flat part on Maus's front hull, there's slope on upper and lower front plate.

disregard me I am apparently impaired

27. Post #6427
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,322 Posts

There's no more flat part on Maus's front hull, there's slope on upper and lower front plate.

Im all but certian it was always slightly sloped like that dude
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #6428
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    1,056 Posts
    Looking at mine right now, no flat part.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #6429
    January 2009
    20,696 Posts
    Huh, I would have sworn there was purely vertical part and that's where I always penetrate them...

Nevermind then.

I should still figure out what have they done tho because there's some change.

30. Post #6430
    Secure, Contain, Protect.
    October 2008
    7,934 Posts

Wargaming has implied that there are some pretty big maus buffs coming, so I'm pretty happy right now.

Edited:

Huh, I would have sworn there was purely vertical part and that's where I always penetrate them...

Nevermind then.

I should still figure out what have they done tho because there's some change.
    IIRC they increased the health again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #6431
    April 2010
    1,993 Posts
    You still can pen the turret.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

32. Post #6432
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,633 Posts
    IIRC they increased the health again.
    That's still a moderate buff. I can't tell you the times I've gotten trashed by a really fucking dumb E-100 or Maus in a VIII because I simply can't get enough damage out.

33. Post #6433
    January 2009
    20,696 Posts
    Health buff is pointless tho.

If they give it armor which can help it ding one more IS-7 shot over it's life, it instantly means it virtually had 490 hp more thanks to the change.

I don't like HP system much, and I think that tanks which are meant to take a beating and hold it should mainly tank using armor and not health.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

34. Post #6434
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    3,154 Posts
    Health buff is pointless tho.

If they give it armor which can help it ding one more IS-7 shot over it's life, it instantly means it virtually had 490 hp more thanks to the change.

I don't like HP system much, and I think that tanks which are meant to take a beating and hold it should mainly tank using armor and not health.
    Maybe after historic they will work on separating arcade and module based modes?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #6435
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    1,803 Posts
    Just played a game where my team had 8 Churchills and the enemy had 6.
    Whoever wins, F2P loses.

Alternatively - whoever loses, wargaming.net wins
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #6436
    January 2012
    373 Posts
    I sure love the reworked MM

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

37. Post #6437
    Dumb britbong
    April 2011
    1,911 Posts
    Fair and balanced.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

38. Post #6438
    January 2009
    20,696 Posts
    I sure love the reworked MM

There was no MM rework.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

39. Post #6439
    November 2009
    1,812 Posts
    Anyone want to join me later to do some Pack scouting with the A-20? I'll be to it soon, a suicide partner would be nice...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Ireland Show Events

40. Post #6440
    January 2009
    20,696 Posts
    In case somebody hasn't seen this guy ingame model yet

sexey
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)