1. Post #8201
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,046 Posts
    I'd say get a churchill if you think you might have money problems.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #8202
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    7,142 Posts
    I have a T-59 and I still have money problems, mostly because I think its a boring tank
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #8203
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    17,357 Posts
    my face when i realized the AMX-30 was confirmed

That tank will be mine within a week of release. It will.

4. Post #8204
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,633 Posts

Glory achieved. I killed an IS-4 from up here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #8205
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,646 Posts
    Get a KV1. It's better than a Church.
    except it doesnt have really good mm most of the time

6. Post #8206
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,081 Posts
    Usually fantastic for me. Only had a few matchs with top tank being T8/9 and even then, the KV-1 seems to still be able to damage most 6, 7 and 8's and devastate the equal and lower tiers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #8207
    May 2011
    598 Posts
    I have to disagree. You get T6 or top tank spot most of the time. Purely anecdotal, yes. But I have 700 battles with my trusty KV-1. It truly is an amazing tank.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

8. Post #8208
    November 2010
    5,526 Posts

Yeah but have you seen the tanks leading to it?

The AMX 13 Chaffee/FL-11 is basically an AMX 13 with no good guns while the AMX-45 is...

well it's that horror.

It's basically the M4 1945 we currently have in-game with a 1000 HP engine.

Oh and as a bonus, the Somua S35 CA. I thought this thing was 90% fake but it actually existed in blueprints.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Canada Show Events

9. Post #8209
    I LOVE ANIME AND MAGICAL GIRLS BUT DONT TELL ANYONE
    January 2008
    11,531 Posts
    hi can someone tell me how to play w/ amx12t properly
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

10. Post #8210
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    17,357 Posts
    Yeah but have you seen the tanks leading to it?

The AMX 13 Chaffee/FL-11 is basically an AMX 13 with no good guns while the AMX-45 is...

well it's that horror.

It's basically the M4 1945 we currently have in-game with a 1000 HP engine.

Oh and as a bonus, the Somua S35 CA. I thought this thing was 90% fake but it actually existed in blueprints.
    i don't care

the last 3 tanks in the tree are beautiful

11. Post #8211
    July 2009
    2,280 Posts

AMX-30 wasnt a great tank historically, think people preferred buying China's Type-59's over the AMX-30 if I can recall correctly.(Maybe not the T59...not the T62..cant remember there next MBT/Medium after T59..)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

12. Post #8212
    Jherkin Gherkin
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,198 Posts
    AMX-30 wasnt a great tank historically, think people preferred buying China's Type-59's over the AMX-30 if I can recall correctly.
    yEAH MAN, TYPE 59S ARE SO CHEAP, I CAN GET 4 INSTEAD OF 1 AMX-30

13. Post #8213
    July 2009
    2,280 Posts
    You just might as well get the Leopard over the AMX-30, both pretty much the same tank but the Leopard grind just looks a lot easier.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

14. Post #8214
    Jherkin Gherkin
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,198 Posts
    cool factor mother fucker

15. Post #8215
    I LOVE ANIME AND MAGICAL GIRLS BUT DONT TELL ANYONE
    January 2008
    11,531 Posts
    why so hostile
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

16. Post #8216
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    AMX30 lacked armor of the T series but it was far more mobile and accurate, and a better gun.

17. Post #8217
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    7,165 Posts
    Off to the side, SerB kicking and screaming about how it's the "same Tiger I that killed his ancestors".
    At least it's not the King Tiger that ruined his favorite hat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #8218
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    17,357 Posts
    You just might as well get the Leopard over the AMX-30, both pretty much the same tank but the Leopard grind just looks a lot easier.
    They're virtually the same tank. They both stemmed from the same MBT development project between the two countries that went bad and split in two. In real life (and it'd be fair to say it will be the same in-game) it was entirely dependent on the skill level of the commander and crew, and there's plenty of evidence for that both from real French tankers and in-game WoT all the time. That entire timeperiod was devoted to skill level and tactics, that was the whole point of the two tanks in-fact, where armor was mostly ignored. The only real legitimate complaint for the tank was the lack of interchangeability between NATO ammo and French ammo until the AMX-30B2 (and a few problems with the suspension early on iirc). I like the AMX-30, just a personal thing. I've never liked German tanks, not even their MBTs.

19. Post #8219
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,974 Posts

wat

20. Post #8220
    November 2010
    5,526 Posts
    They're virtually the same tank. They both stemmed from the same MBT development project between the two countries that went bad and split in two. In real life (and it'd be fair to say it will be the same in-game) it was entirely dependent on the skill level of the commander and crew, and there's plenty of evidence for that both from real French tankers and in-game WoT all the time. That entire timeperiod was devoted to skill level and tactics, that was the whole point of the two tanks in-fact, where armor was mostly ignored. The only real legitimate complaint for the tank was the lack of interchangeability between NATO ammo and French ammo until the AMX-30B2 (and a few problems with the suspension early on iirc). I like the AMX-30, just a personal thing. I've never liked German tanks, not even their MBTs.
    The first versions also had major powertrain reliability problems. It's not going to show in-game though, both the Leopard and AMX 30 will play the same while tearing the same humongous amounts of anus.

The only problem is the in-game grind, the AMX 30 line will be decent until the AMX-45 which will be a gigantic turd while the Leopard will be smooooooooth all the way.

21. Post #8221
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,081 Posts
    Any way to check what mdedals I got after a match. I got 3k XP and like 3 medal things. But it crashed straight after and now I can't check.

22. Post #8222
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    AMX30 had transmission problems, not engine problems. probably won't be reflected in wot as reliability is irrelevant.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #8223
    November 2010
    5,526 Posts
    AMX30 had transmission problems, not engine problems. probably won't be reflected in wot as reliability is irrelevant.
    Oh shit that was supposed to be "powertrain" not "powerplant" Powertrain might be a little vague anyway.

I did read somewhere that the engine itself wasn't as reliable as the Wikipedia page wants us to believe though.

24. Post #8224
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    17,357 Posts
    To help articulate

I just can't play German tanks. At least not after one tier 10 grind and one tier 9 grind.

Edited:

And yes i have played most of them. Those patch tests have saved me a lot of time grinding to find out. Also oops, I thought the 3001H was a 3601.

25. Post #8225
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,376 Posts
    I disagree but the "???" over Czech tanks made me smile.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

26. Post #8226
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    17,357 Posts
    I disagree but the "???" over Czech tanks made me smile.
    Maybe I should clarify a bit. They're all fucking great tanks but from a gameplay perspective in public games I find it really hard to enjoy anything I can consider "too slow to manuever and (if need-be) retreat".

27. Post #8227
    Skeepan Member
    September 2007
    3,439 Posts
    Maybe I should clarify a bit. They're all fucking great tanks but from a gameplay perspective in public games I find it really hard to enjoy anything I can consider "too slow to manuever and (if need-be) retreat".
    KT is p. swift fully upgraded.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

28. Post #8228
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    VK2801 hits game engine max speed on flat ground with a properly skilled driver and +5% credit gas.

29. Post #8229
    March 2011
    4,893 Posts
    The panther may not be that maunverable, but the panther II is pretty quick when upgraded. I don't know about the E-50 as I am only working towards the last engine, but apparently it is when fully upgraded.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #8230
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    17,357 Posts
    KT is p. swift fully upgraded.
    Yeah, and compared to the Tiger P the normal Tiger is pretty damn fast with that top engine too. Just the grinds into them will inevitably be insanely slow. Grinds I'm not willing to bother with considering the slow KT grind and the even slower E-75 and Maus grinds, two of the most notoriously slow tanks in the game. At best, it's a dead end for people like me.

Edited:

VK2801 hits game engine max speed on flat ground with a properly skilled driver and +5% credit gas.
    When compared to the T-50-2 and the Chaffee though the Leopard and 2801 are sluggish.

31. Post #8231
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,804 Posts
    I think it'd be hilarious if reliability was taken into account for this game. German tanks stalling and breaking down all day erryday
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

32. Post #8232
    Skeepan Member
    September 2007
    3,439 Posts
    I think it'd be hilarious if reliability was taken into account for this game. German tanks stalling and breaking down all day erryday
    Ferdinand bursting into flames, etc etc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Zing Zing x 1 (list)

33. Post #8233
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,376 Posts
    Ferdinand unplayable on every map with hills.
    and infantry.

Damn you Porsche!

Edited:

Ferdinand bursting into flames, etc etc
    fug
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

34. Post #8234
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,081 Posts
    Ferdinand unplayable on every map with hills.
    and infantry.
    Or wind, heat, rain, snow, leaves....somewhat angry glances from people.

35. Post #8235
    Skeepan Member
    September 2007
    3,439 Posts
    Also all Jagdtiger commanders are inherently awful and don't know how to drive a TD.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #8236
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,541 Posts
    Don't forget russian tank crews choking on fumes from the gun, or being unable to reload guns while traversing turrets or having the gun aimed past a certain elevation/depression.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #8237
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    1,803 Posts
    Ah I have a KV-1 and elited it out. Got some XP on it to convert, a friend who plays said the Churchhill is a good money earner though.
    I can confirm that the Churchill is in fact a money printer on tracks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #8238
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,620 Posts
    Fucking artillery makes my blood boil.
    I hate it so much.

Also, is the Hetzer any good?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #8239
    November 2010
    5,526 Posts
    Fucking artillery makes my blood boil.
    I hate it so much.
    If you want some relief from them, get yourself a S-51 and do counter-battery.

You'll be useful to your team, make loads of dosh and XP while pissing off dumb arty players who shoot KV-2s over IS-7s.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #8240
    November 2010
    5,690 Posts
    Well if we take reliability into account I suppose we should make the first shot advantage actually mean something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)