1. Post #8521
    roar
    January 2008
    13,251 Posts
    Holy shit the Easy 8 is amazing~~

Edited:

Managed to get a Tiger to 50% after it surprised me and shot my tracks, the gun is so good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #8522
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,782 Posts
    Destroyed a Lowe with my KV-1
    fuck yes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #8523
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,811 Posts

[release]Victory!
    Battle: Lakeville Friday, July 06, 2012 1:21:22 AM
    Vehicle: PzKpfw VIB Tiger II
    Experience received: 2,421
    Credits received: 78,307
    Battle Achievements: Steel Wall, Top Gun, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"[/release]

[h2]ALPHA AS FUCK[/h2]

Edited:

The IS-3 and Ferdinand kills were stolen from me :C
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #8524
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    6,678 Posts
    Still haven't got long 105. Worth using over 88? Might bleed credits.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #8525
    July 2009
    2,318 Posts
    Still haven't got long 105. Worth using over 88? Might bleed credits.
    First 105mm for the KT isnt worth it because it gives you less pen and at tier 8 you want to pen most of the bigger tanks you're fighting. But I've been told the second 105mm can pen pretty much anything that you'll meet with some precise shooting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #8526
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,239 Posts
    First 105mm for the KT isnt worth it because it gives you less pen and at tier 8 you want to pen most of the bigger tanks you're fighting. But I've been told the second 105mm can pen pretty much anything that you'll meet with some precise shooting.
    It's only 3 penetration lol. First 105 is well worth it because alpha damage is often better than dpm. Only reason to stick with the 88 is if you play without premium and are afraid to lose money. If that's the case then you might as well grind the E75 with the 88.

Edited:

Well I just had a battle where my team was filled with red noobs vs a team of green and purple. We had 5% winchance. I just gave up and drove into the enemy base suiciding.

Later I check my log.. Victory. Wat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

7. Post #8527
    Jherkin Gherkin
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,198 Posts
    It's only 3 penetration lol. First 105 is well worth it because alpha damage is often better than dpm. Only reason to stick with the 88 is if you play without premium and are afraid to lose money. If that's the case then you might as well grind the E75 with the 88.

Edited:

Well I just had a battle where my team was filled with red noobs vs a team of green and purple. We had 5% winchance. I just gave up and drove into the enemy base suiciding.

Later I check my log.. Victory. Wat.
    life
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Useful Useful x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #8528
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2009
    14,782 Posts
    I glanced over somewhere and saw StuG III and 'double credits' in the same paragraph
    does stug get double credits in every game anywhere or what
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #8529
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,811 Posts
    So, playing around in the replay of a match I dinged a lot of shells in, I noticed that the shell "impacts" well before it physically does.

Proof:

^Note that the ding mark you see is from the shell you also see^

This one was really far away:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #8530
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    1,056 Posts
    I think that's more an effect of server lag, if you watch closely in a video that I posted a while back you can see that it looks like I fired sideways
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

11. Post #8531
    Well I just had a battle where my team was filled with red noobs vs a team of green and purple. We had 5% winchance.
    Could you provide a name of the mod which shows that info?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

12. Post #8532
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,239 Posts
    Could you provide a name of the mod which shows that info?
    Link was posted one page ago, but since I'm so friendly: here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #8533
    Link was posted one page ago, but since I'm so friendly: here
    Thank you very much, I must have missed it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #8534
    March 2011
    4,931 Posts
    Within 50k xp of a T110.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #8535
    I've finished installing XVM. Do I have to turn it on or something? It doesn't show any values.

16. Post #8536
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    2,113 Posts
    I've finished installing XVM. Do I have to turn it on or something? It doesn't show any values.
    edit:

Huh, mine is also not active, odd.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

17. Post #8537
    I'm using that wot-xvm-proxy.exe file to launch it. Obviously I paid close attention to the instructions, though I didn't have any prompts related to overwriting files.

18. Post #8538
    It never was applejuice
    June 2008
    772 Posts
    My god the Somua S40 is Terrible. Hopefully I can make it through the grind for the S35 CA.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Philippines Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #8539
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    2,113 Posts
    And now it works fine after the seccond game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #8540
    I think it'll now work for me as well, I didn't get that bad gateway error in the command line launcher.

Edited:

Yup, it works now. At least for the 85% of people.

21. Post #8541
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,673 Posts
    Dragon Ridge getting temp-removed for a while on EU
    On Monday 9th July during the server restart, a minor patch will be applied.

The server will be down between 07:00 h CEST (05:00 GMT) and 07:30 h CEST (05:30 GMT).

This server patch will remove the Dragon Ridge map from the game so that we can make some improvements to it. Once the work has been completed, the map will be returned to the game.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

22. Post #8542
    March 2011
    4,931 Posts
    Dragon Ridge getting temp-removed for a while on EU
    I find dragon ridge to be a great map.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #8543
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    6,678 Posts
    I don't, mostly because it's a fucking memory leak hell.

That said, it's basically a campfest in the town to see who flanks who.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

24. Post #8544
    March 2011
    4,931 Posts
    That said, it's basically a campfest in the town to see who flanks who.
    Well, I suppose that is why I have no trouble with it, playing agile tanks all of the time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

25. Post #8545
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,239 Posts
    I think it'll now work for me as well, I didn't get that bad gateway error in the command line launcher.

Edited:

Yup, it works now. At least for the 85% of people.
    If you play low tier battles the people who don't have a score are players who just started the game. The scores only update once every 1-2 weeks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

26. Post #8546
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,782 Posts
    Gonna go towards the T-34/85.
    This time it'll actually be enjoyable compared to the shitfest that was the A-20.

27. Post #8547
    November 2010
    5,726 Posts
    wait, is the somua s40 really that bad or is it just tier 4
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #8548
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,651 Posts
    Dragon Ridge is a bit of a pain in the ass, but I wouldn't dare compare it to Komarin or Province. Still, that memory leak is ridiculous. Even I've occasionally seen red textures and I have 16gb of RAM.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

29. Post #8549
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,239 Posts
    Dragon Ridge is a bit of a pain in the ass, but I wouldn't dare compare it to Komarin or Province. Still, that memory leak is ridiculous. Even I've occasionally seen red textures and I have 16gb of RAM.
    Dunno, I have a fairly old pc with 4gb RAM and I never had any memory leaks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #8550
    March 2009
    1,208 Posts
    wait, is the somua s40 really that bad or is it just tier 4
    It's a hetzer, except it got no armor, long shape and taller, and the guns except for the 105 is shit as fuck.
    Though it can still fuck shit up in it's own tier but just not as much as the hetzer would.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Norway Show Events

31. Post #8551
    Two questions:
    What does that number next to 'k' mean?
    And how do I deal with a Tiger with 1450HP while I have an M8A1 with a 75mm gun and 250HP? I just had this situation and I was wondering what a pro would do.

32. Post #8552
    Skeepan Member
    September 2007
    3,511 Posts
    Two questions:
    And how do I deal with a Tiger with 1450HP while I have an M8A1 with a 75mm gun and 250HP? I just had this situation and I was wondering what a pro would do.
    Number of battles, in this case 7000
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

33. Post #8553
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,782 Posts
    Two questions:
    You run.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #8554
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2009
    14,782 Posts
    Oh geez, was hiding behind a house as m'old faithful StuG when a scout popped up not far off on the minimap. Move out of cover, fire off a shot, move back in. A god damn T14 rolls around the corner a moment after as if it was like the mother of that scout, and the next 30 seconds is me feverishly backpedaling and going I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY while firing at it. Surprisingly enough, mummy tank's shells all missed completely and I managed to take it out.
    Once I stop to catch my breath, a Hetzer rolls through the wall, gives me a heart attack and I one-shot it. As soon as I stop to admire my handiwork, though, I get taken out by some artillery shell and that's the end of that. Ah well.

35. Post #8555
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    7,687 Posts
    Jesus, does the Panzer 4 get any better when I get the big guns?

Fuck man, the History Channel told me I could fuck shit up in this tank. I feel like I'm driving a piece of paper with a gun that can't pierce shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

36. Post #8556
    March 2008
    279 Posts
    Gonna go towards the T-34/85.
    This time it'll actually be enjoyable compared to the shitfest that was the A-20.
    It's not any better, tier 9 match making, gun only enough to penetrate tier 7 after waiting 5 to aim down, less damage and dpm than 90mm guns, paper armor, slow as f***.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #8557
    November 2010
    5,726 Posts
    well normally I'd ammo rack the tiger in a single shot and go about my business
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #8558
    Gum
    July 2011
    1,205 Posts
    Oh geez, was hiding behind a house as m'old faithful StuG when a scout popped up not far off on the minimap. Move out of cover, fire off a shot, move back in. A god damn T14 rolls around the corner a moment after as if it was like the mother of that scout, and the next 30 seconds is me feverishly backpedaling and going I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY while firing at it. Surprisingly enough, mummy tank's shells all missed completely and I managed to take it out.
    Once I stop to catch my breath, a Hetzer rolls through the wall, gives me a heart attack and I one-shot it. As soon as I stop to admire my handiwork, though, I get taken out by some artillery shell and that's the end of that. Ah well.
    Wish I had more of these moments. So far I've had two in my KV-1.
    In the most recent one I'm beset by a PzIII, UE 57 and a couple others. I get de-tracked and take serious damage but manage to destroy the UE 57, PzIII and another medium I forgot. Then I'm finally about to get back to my team mates and get Hetzer 10,5cm up my alley. I survive the shot but I'm still waiting for my 122mm to reload. I try to get behind a house but then the Hetzer gets another shot in my rear and I go boom.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

39. Post #8559
    March 2008
    279 Posts
    Why does it cost more to repair T-44 than IS-3?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events

40. Post #8560
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,811 Posts
    Why does it cost more to repair T-44 than IS-3?
    It also costs more to repair a Panther II than a King Tiger, in my experiences.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events