1. Post #2161
    August 2010
    1,130 Posts
    Alright I updated the WoT pack again with Jimbos crosshair, XVM, and zoom out. Now I added Arty zoom out too.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?l9d194qz9yclhlh Not my picture, but thats how it works.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #2162
    April 2007
    5,018 Posts
    Clan [SSD] must be full of retards because in my brand new stock AMX-13-75 I rolled a bit behind an IS-7, they had 2 IS-7's both belonging to a platoon of SSD.

When I slightly bumped in to him too fast because he had turned right in front of my face, his buddy shot me in the back and killed me. They told me to fuck off and that they kill noobs like me.

They ended up losing horribly because someone told them where their high tier tanks were, where they were going and what gun they used. And it also turned out our IS-7's could not handle their tanks for a single solitary shit and panicked when an IS-4 facehugged them. On Malinovka of all maps. They died crying and raging, I left laughing and not caring for my meager 500-credit compensation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Belgium Show Events

3. Post #2163
    2014 SH Pun Award Nominee
    January 2009
    21,262 Posts
    I want the arty zoom out and that hot kill reports.

Edited:

Could I get link to these? I don't want XVM but want them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events

4. Post #2164
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,962 Posts
    Forums are down. What was this about?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

5. Post #2165
    May 2009
    1,195 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

6. Post #2166
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,962 Posts
    I am still using the gun sounds and engine sounds which work to a degree, but I have the sort of engine sounds which block more sounds from playing when too many engines are heard at once.

I can pack them up and upload them and you will see if you like my pick.
    Just get the newest version. Removes the blocked sounds.

Edited:

I mean the thread. What was in it

Edited:

Depends on size of your grinding balls, really.

IS-4 isn't a bad tank. In W/L stats it seems to be very tight with IS-7, and that might be skewed by the fact all the baddies hopped into them as they got them for free, so it might actually beat IS-7, eventually. You have to ask yourself - do you want a heavier heavy which is slower?

Keep on mind that IS-4 is still faster than both German heavies. It's gun is basically what T-110 has, trading a bit of RoF and precision for higher alpha. Generally, compared to T-110, it's a bit less agile but with higher top speed, and while it has weaker front hull armor than T-110, all other armor (all around turret, sides/ass of hull) are better armored than of T-110.

Generally, I would sorta agree with what that shitty WoT wiki said about IS-4 even before 7.3. IS-4 is jack of all trades, master of none.

Faster than German Heavies, less armored than German Heavies.
    Slower than IS-7, better armored than IS-7.
    More balanced armor distribution than on T-110 - weaker hull front, stronger everything else. IS-4 also doesn't have the tumor T110 has. It has coupolas on top of it's turret but that's significantly harder to hit than the tumor ever was, so I would say that an angled stationary IS-4 might actually be more vulnerable against tier 8 guns like BL-9 than IS-4, because these penetrate the the tumor with ease, while they can't gurantee IS-4 front hull penetration.
    Don't forget the IS-4's magic sides. They'll absorb anything, whereas the IS-7's paper thin sides can be penned by a Hetzer.

7. Post #2167
    May 2009
    1,195 Posts
    I guess something about tanks being locked and maybe in public and clan matches

Edited:

Don't forget the IS-4's magic sides. They'll absorb anything, whereas the IS-7's paper thin sides can be penned by a Hetzer.
    And where exactly is the spot to hit?Before the camo update with me Tiger I,I couldn't penetrate not even his rear armor and if I tried to hit the sides the tracks just eat my shell

8. Post #2168
    June 2008
    3,539 Posts

Tier 5 KV is best KV.

i may never play anything again, this is even more fun than the old trollKV
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #2169
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,962 Posts
    And where exactly is the spot to hit?Before the camo update with me Tiger I,I couldn't penetrate not even his rear armor and if I tried to hit the sides the tracks just eat my shell
    On the IS-7? Behind the tracks. Don't shoot to high above the tracks, it'll get absorbed by the falseboard which is somewhere between 250-300mm effective armor (or more). And don't shoot too low, it'll go through the tracks and below the hull.

10. Post #2170
    May 2009
    1,195 Posts
    By the way you say the IS-7 sides looked like paper,but that space is pretty small and can be only hit by a pretty acurrate gun or pretty close.

So it turns out that is dificult to actually damage it and not making it a huge weak spot?

11. Post #2171
    April 2010
    1,993 Posts
    Wow I just realised that I can penetrate King Tiger's and E-75's turret frontally with my new 122mm gun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #2172
    January 2009
    21,262 Posts
    Wow I just realised that I can penetrate King Tiger's and E-75's turret frontally with my new 122mm gun.
    You can easily penetrate King Tiger's turret frontally with BL-9 already. It's only 185mm of armor. Just don't hit the mantlet.

The E-75 thing is really handy, tho.

13. Post #2173
    June 2008
    3,539 Posts
    So the T1 Heavy's a terrible tank, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #2174
    January 2009
    21,262 Posts
    So the T1 Heavy's a terrible tank, right?
    One of the worst, yep.

46% global winrate on EU, 52.7% among the best players of the server (where for example Lorraine has 63.24%)

Want to hear the best part?

M6 is only worse.

Enjoy.

15. Post #2175
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,962 Posts
    By the way you say the IS-7 sides looked like paper,but that space is pretty small and can be only hit by a pretty acurrate gun or pretty close.

So it turns out that is dificult to actually damage it and not making it a huge weak spot?
    Not hard. Takes up most of the side armor.

The tracks add an additional 20mm so it's 120mm of armor in total, except the slight area between the tracks and falseboard which is hull only.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

16. Post #2176
    January 2009
    21,262 Posts
    ~snop~

17. Post #2177
    June 2008
    3,539 Posts
    One of the worst, yep.

46% global winrate on EU, 52.7% among the best players of the server (where for example Lorraine has 63.24%)

Want to hear the best part?

M6 is only worse.

Enjoy.
    GREAT
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

18. Post #2178
    January 2009
    21,262 Posts
    You have to somehow pay for the best tier 7,8 and 10 the game currently has, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #2179
    I tried to pay a prostitute for a hug, but she turned me down because I'm a huge faggot.
    July 2010
    2,924 Posts
    Almost 1400 ER, 1500 here I come.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events

20. Post #2180
    June 2008
    3,539 Posts
    I already paid by researching the wrong tier 6 medium. If I had researched the E2 I could have skipped them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #2181
    January 2009
    21,262 Posts
    Well, just the T1H. And trust me, M6 is the worse one.

Not sure if that's much of consolidation

22. Post #2182
    June 2008
    3,539 Posts
    Not sure if it is. I may just not bother with the American heavies. I do have tanks all over the trees anyway. Plus the BDR G1B to supply me with shitty tank action, so I might not be able to handle more shit.

23. Post #2183
    January 2009
    21,262 Posts
    Let me remind you everything past T1 and M6 is best that there is with only one contestable being M103, but even that still belongs to the better of it's tier.

24. Post #2184
    June 2008
    3,539 Posts
    Guess I'll just play the shit out of my elited tanks to ease the xp grinding then.

25. Post #2185
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,962 Posts
    Clan [SSD] must be full of retards because in my brand new stock AMX-13-75 I rolled a bit behind an IS-7, they had 2 IS-7's both belonging to a platoon of SSD.

When I slightly bumped in to him too fast because he had turned right in front of my face, his buddy shot me in the back and killed me. They told me to fuck off and that they kill noobs like me.

They ended up losing horribly because someone told them where their high tier tanks were, where they were going and what gun they used. And it also turned out our IS-7's could not handle their tanks for a single solitary shit and panicked when an IS-4 facehugged them. On Malinovka of all maps. They died crying and raging, I left laughing and not caring for my meager 500-credit compensation.
    You should report their behavior to support with the replay.

26. Post #2186
    Captain Armed Dildo, Master of Ratings
    February 2011
    5,526 Posts
    I'm using the 85mm on KV-1. that good?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

27. Post #2187
    January 2009
    21,262 Posts
    I'm using the 85mm on KV-1. that good?
    KV-1 doesn't have any other top gun.

What else would you want to use?

28. Post #2188
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,962 Posts
    122 ain't that bad either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Informative Informative x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #2189
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    20,068 Posts

You want to talk about bad clans?

We LOST
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #2190
    August 2010
    529 Posts
    Just got Top Gun in my churchill. I fucking love this tank. Funny part was, all their mediums rushed to the north and i went there alone. I killed a Panzer IV, Sherman, and T28 in the first 5 minutes.

Victory!
    Battle: Sand River Thursday, May 10, 2012 6:03:37 AM
    Vehicle: Churchill
    Experience received: 2,151
    Credits received: 41,902
    Battle Achievements: Top Gun

31. Post #2191
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    20,068 Posts
    Alright I updated the WoT pack again with Jimbos crosshair, XVM, and zoom out. Now I added Arty zoom out too.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?l9d194qz9yclhlh Not my picture, but thats how it works.
    I really like that Zoom Out for arty. I may actually hop into an SPG now

32. Post #2192
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,766 Posts
    Uh oh. Moderators on the forum are taking down a lot of threads. The stickied matchmaking thread went down as well as a few threads complaining about the Type 59. Damage control?

33. Post #2193
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,962 Posts
    Uh oh. Moderators on the forum are taking down a lot of threads. The stickied matchmaking thread went down as well as a few threads complaining about the Type 59. Damage control?
    Hasn't happened on EU. I noticed the US forum Q/A thread got locked a few days ago though. Didn't know they locked others.

34. Post #2194
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,766 Posts
    Also the NA premium code was announced to be valid between the 8th and the 15th. It was taken down yesterday and the announcement now reads 8th to the 9th. What the fuck is going on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #2195
    August 2010
    529 Posts
    Every sound mod ive tried to make engines sound better are loud as fuck and they are louder then the gun sounds and ambient sounds i added. I want a good engine mod just so the Engine isnt louder than everything else. Anybody got some ideas for me?

36. Post #2196
    January 2009
    21,262 Posts
    Every sound mod ive tried to make engines sound better are loud as fuck and they are louder then the gun sounds and ambient sounds i added. I want a good engine mod just so the Engine isnt louder than everything else. Anybody got some ideas for me?
    Get the loud ones and tune vehicle sounds down.

They have separate volume control in sound settings.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #2197
    I seduce Icelandic boys
    January 2009
    657 Posts
    Well, just the T1H. And trust me, M6 is the worse one.

Not sure if that's much of consolidation
    Wrong, the M6 is not the greatest tank, its huge and the armor feels terrible for the battleship size it has but in no way is it outright horrible, the M6 has two things keeping it away from complete uselessness, speed and a really good gun for its tier, its pretty fast for a heavy tank and the 90mm gun is an all around good gun which makes it an okay flanker/support tank, with the speed you can keep up with other mediums and provide support to them for whatever they are engaging and in general stick back and snipe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Iceland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #2198
    April 2007
    5,018 Posts
    Wrong, the M6 is not the greatest tank, its huge and the armor feels terrible for the battleship size it has but in no way is it outright horrible, the M6 has two things keeping it away from complete uselessness, speed and a really good gun for its tier, its pretty fast for a heavy tank and the 90mm gun is an all around good gun which make it an okay flanker/support tank, with the speed you can keep up with other mediums and provide support to them for whatever they are engaging and in general stick back and snipe.
    That and it has funky frontal armour. A panzer 3 can penetrate it but panther shells bounce off of it at times.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

39. Post #2199
    January 2009
    21,262 Posts
    Wrong, the M6 is not the greatest tank, its huge and the armor feels terrible for the battleship size it has but in no way is it outright horrible, the M6 has two things keeping it away from complete uselessness, speed and a really good gun for its tier, its pretty fast for a heavy tank and the 90mm gun is an all around good gun which makes it an okay flanker/support tank, with the speed you can keep up with other mediums and provide support to them for whatever they are engaging and in general stick back and snipe.
    No. Just no. Top EU server players have 50.05% winrate on it.

The only normal vehicles with worse top player winrate are BT-7 and A-20.

Among normal players the only normal worse tanks are B1 and T1H.

It's not hard to play. It doesn't have low skill ceiling.

It just plain sucks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #2200
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,766 Posts
    Gotta agree on the BS armor and good gun though.