1. Post #241
    July 2009
    2,368 Posts
    Hey look, Its Lexxus from my clan...Iron Raider pride ftw.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

2. Post #242
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts

I feel bad for you, then.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #243
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,979 Posts
    Why not clan FP?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

4. Post #244
    December 2009
    2,477 Posts
    Are we, on EU going to do some clan battles?
    We only have 38 players in our clan. From which like only 20% are active.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events

5. Post #245
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    26,144 Posts
    Clan wars is broken and a pain in the ass. Would rather not get involved.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

6. Post #246
    July 2009
    2,368 Posts
    I feel bad for you, then.
    Why so?

Why not clan FP?
    I neeeeed gold. Once you go premium you can never go back...

7. Post #247
    My favorite NSA triggers are small pox cyber terror brown out
    November 2009
    7,440 Posts
    I try not to call it the derp gun, but it slips out occasionally. Depends who I'm talking to, I guess.
    When Im rolling churchill platoons with my broski, we crawl around together and take turns being the bullet sponge. Conversation goes like this:
    Kv around the corner
    *I use that zooming out mod to check for gun
    152 on it
    shit
    pop out, hope he misses, then start pounding and count to 20 seconds
    oh fuck hide
    AHGPAHGPFDHGHPL ASSCRABS EVERYTHING IS DAMAGED
    FIRE FIRE FIRE
    COME OOONNNNNNNN FINISH HIM BEFOR--EUNNNF
    VICTORYYYYYYY
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #248
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,979 Posts
    I neeeeed gold. Once you go premium you can never go back...
    I used to be the same way but after peasant grinding the last few days it's not that bad. Even manage to profit on my Pershing.
    Clan wars is broken and a pain in the ass. Would rather not get involved.
    Well hopefully if the clan wars cluster merge goes through sometime you can join us.

9. Post #249
    2014 SH Pun Award Nominee
    January 2009
    21,485 Posts
    If the cluster merge happens and the matches will be at reasonable times, I am pretty sure quite a few EU guys could support the clan very well.

Orkel is on our side. We can't lose.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

10. Post #250
    Captain Armed Dildo, Master of Ratings
    February 2011
    5,543 Posts
    Once CW is merge, FP will be unstoppable. I don't know if we can merge the clans thogh.

11. Post #251
    Once CW is merge, FP will be unstoppable. I don't know if we can merge the clans thogh.
    just disband the EU version and they can all join the NA FP clan.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #252
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,716 Posts
    Facepunch would do a lot better if the tactics were more planned out and each tank being used had a specific role instead of "go north and push, go middle and hold"

But then again who really has the time to plan that out, and since our tank builds change depending on who shows up it would be too crazy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

13. Post #253
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,979 Posts
    Facepunch would do a lot better if the tactics were more planned out and each tank being used had a specific role instead of "go north and push, go middle and hold"

But then again who really has the time to plan that out, and since our tank builds change depending on who shows up it would be too crazy
    Maybe I'm blind to something or just being optimistic but our Erlenberg plans seem to work pretty well until we have to fight an opponent who can win via drawing.
    True some of our competition has been lacking but we have won a couple of "real" matches pretty soundly, and even against NUKE we did really well last night (thanks to arty).

I just think we need one more reliable arty player and avoid making brash "Rush X" calls that funnel us across bridges and let us get demolished by T110s on ridgelines.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #254
    November 2009
    7,440 Posts
    I got my 203mm "Low Orbit Bison Array" on my S-51.
    If you need me, Ill try to be there on time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #255
    August 2010
    1,136 Posts
    I got my 203mm "Low Orbit Bison Array" on my S-51.
    If you need me, Ill try to be there on time.
    Could work if you could counter battery since the other arty have a longer reload time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #256
    March 2009
    1,210 Posts
    Maybe I'm blind to something or just being optimistic but our Erlenberg plans seem to work pretty well until we have to fight an opponent who can win via drawing.
    True some of our competition has been lacking but we have won a couple of "real" matches pretty soundly, and even against NUKE we did really well last night (thanks to arty).

I just think we need one more reliable arty player and avoid making brash "Rush X" calls that funnel us across bridges and let us get demolished by T110s on ridgelines.
    I still say that we should have rushed the north.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Norway Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #257
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,279 Posts
    Clan Wars are filled with corrupted coop clans and shitty gold ammo battles. I'm just playing WoT for fun (lol fun) and I'm not in the slightest interested in that shithole called Clanwars.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #258
    November 2010
    5,562 Posts
    Nobody told me the fucking 212 needed the tracks before mounting the 203

I'm stuck with this terrible BR-2, so far I've dinged off a BatChat and a M103 :froggonk:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #259
    Captain Armed Dildo, Master of Ratings
    February 2011
    5,543 Posts
    Historical battles?

20. Post #260
    April 2011
    2,853 Posts
    Clan Wars are filled with corrupted coop clans and shitty gold ammo battles. I'm just playing WoT for fun (lol fun) and I'm not in the slightest interested in that shithole called Clanwars.
    I'm not good enough for clan stuff. I would single handedly make a clan look bad. I would quit this game but goddamnit its like cocaine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #261
    November 2009
    7,440 Posts
    Could work if you could counter battery since the other arty have a longer reload time.
    If Im going counter, I might possibly put the 152 back on, 40 second reload isn't really ass effective for bush clearing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #262
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,716 Posts
    Please stop doing that province for cw though. The map is terrible and the tactics are based on arty campfests.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #263
    January 2009
    21,485 Posts
    If Im going counter, I might possibly put the 152 back on, 40 second reload isn't really ass effective for bush clearing.
    I found the 203mm better suited becuase with 152mm you often hit perfectly and fail to instakill.

S-51 isn't a real counterarty. At the tier, best CA is GWP. The o212 is slightly better.

Obj261 is the best CA in the game. Fastest reload of all top tiers, insane accuracy, and ability to quickly relocate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events

24. Post #264
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,279 Posts
    Not worth it. Just stick with the 203 and don't even bother countering. Hit the high tiers.

Edited:

Obj261 is the best CA in the game. Fastest reload of all top tiers, insane accuracy, and ability to quickly relocate.
    But also terrible splash which means you'll have to do a direct hit to kill. GWtiger+ and M40/43+ can one shot kill arties without hitting them directly. Imo the GW panther and M12 are the best counter arties, you don't need a tier8 arty to oneshot enemy arty anyway, even a hummel can do that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

25. Post #265
    I wish I was as cool as Felix :)
    April 2010
    7,837 Posts
    There's a lot of dumb in this thread. http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index....ng-arty-myths/

Need more anti-artillery influence in there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #266
    January 2009
    21,485 Posts
    I usually counter when when there is 3+ arty. You get much higher chance you notice someone's tracer, and you also have much higher chance you get countered otherwise.

Sometimes I manage to get 3 counter arty kills in a single match and it's usually guaranteed victory at this point.

27. Post #267
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    6,175 Posts
    Two matches tonight. One 8 kill BDR G1B match. The other was this:
    Victory!
    Battle: Ensk Thursday, April 26, 2012 2:55:44 AM
    Vehicle: PzKpfw V Panther
    Experience received: 3,800 (x2 for the first victory each day)
    Credits received: 43,675
    Battle Achievements: Mastery Badge: Ace Tanker, Sharpshooter, Boelter's Medal, Defender, Top Gun
    Up to twenty Ace Tankers now. Slowly workin' up that goal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #268
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    185 Posts
    Clan Wars are filled with clans that have successfully maneuvered on the in-game and political battlefields to secure mutually-beneficial agreements that basically nullify the game's horrendously overpriced micro-transaction model for their respective members, the slightly adverse effect being an abundance of shitty gold ammo battles.
    Fixed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #269
    April 2008
    164 Posts
    Victory!
    Battle: Siegfried Line 26 April 2012 12:37:42
    Vehicle: M46 Patton
    Experience received: 3,732 (x2 for the first victory each day)
    Credits received: 65,035
    Battle Achievements: Mastery Badge: I Class, Sniper

Circled an E-100 to death, kept shooting his tracks every so often. Also got damaged by friendly S-51cunt, and in the end, he stole the fucking kill
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

30. Post #270
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    26,144 Posts
    Victory!
    Battle: Siegfried Line 26 April 2012 12:37:42
    Vehicle: M46 Patton
    Experience received: 3,732 (x2 for the first victory each day)
    Credits received: 65,035
    Battle Achievements: Mastery Badge: I Class, Sniper

Circled an E-100 to death, kept shooting his tracks every so often. Also got damaged by friendly S-51cunt, and in the end, he stole the fucking kill
    I saw a patton moving sideways at 500m yesterday, fired at him and somehow managed to hit, did 800dmg, tracked, set him on fire which burned all the way and then he got artied
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #271
    April 2008
    164 Posts
    Poor bastard =(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #272
    January 2009
    21,485 Posts
    Not worth it. Just stick with the 203 and don't even bother countering. Hit the high tiers.

Edited:

But also terrible splash which means you'll have to do a direct hit to kill. GWtiger+ and M40/43+ can one shot kill arties without hitting them directly. Imo the GW panther and M12 are the best counter arties, you don't need a tier8 arty to oneshot enemy arty anyway, even a hummel can do that.
    That's wrong.

Obj261 has 5.14m splash.
    GWP has 3.57m splash which is 30% smaller.
    GWE has 7m splash which is 36% bigger, but you have to keep on mind it has 33% accuracy AND 20% lower RPM (while alpha barely matters because assuming you hit, both instakill all arties)
    T92 has 9.14m splash which is 77% bigger, but 50% accuracy, and also the overkill like in GWEs case but only even much worse.

Also, if I remember right Obj261 has highest shell travel speed, which makes it harder to dodge.

Edited:

The heavier arties are better for cracking Mause or E-100 open, but if you want to counter arty, Obj261 just takes the cake.

33. Post #273
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    26,144 Posts
    Some russian has uploaded a vid of the JT/88
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Informative Informative x 4 (list)

34. Post #274
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,279 Posts
    That's wrong.

Obj261 has 5.14m splash.
    GWP has 3.57m splash which is 30% smaller.
    GWE has 7m splash which is 36% bigger, but you have to keep on mind it has 33% accuracy AND 20% lower RPM (while alpha barely matters because assuming you hit, both instakill all arties)
    T92 has 9.14m splash which is 77% bigger, but 50% accuracy, and also the overkill like in GWEs case but only even much worse.

Also, if I remember right Obj261 has highest shell travel speed, which makes it harder to dodge.

Edited:

The heavier arties are better for cracking Mause or E-100 open, but if you want to counter arty, Obj261 just takes the cake.
    For effective splashing it's not only radius thats important, it's also damage.

I've played both the 261 and T92 quite a bit in randoms and I found the T92 easier to counter with. T92 might have poor accuracy but the massive radius and damage annihilates any arty even if it's a miss. Object261 is an excellent sniper and can effectively use AP over long distance, but trying to kill arty that is smart enough to move directly after firing is almost impossible because it has to be a direct hit.
    Anyhow, I still think its a waste of time trying to find and hit enemy arty while you could spend that time hitting enemy heavies. Helping your team getting through enemy lines by clearing their top tiers will lead to victory more often than taking one 1 or 2 arties, plus you will earn more xp and credits.

With all that said, I'm glad i sold my arty. I haven't missed it a second.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

35. Post #275
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,884 Posts
    Oh dear god it's an 88 machine gun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

36. Post #276
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    1,057 Posts
    88mm machine gun jesus christ

37. Post #277
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,836 Posts

We also need to declare a single commander during battle. I keep hearing too much "PERSON X GO HERE". If the ingame commander wants to temporarily hand off command to someone else, that's fine. But damn people need to shut the fuck up. I remember hearing "T110 guard Wiseman's rear" "What are you doing? Go south" etc...
    Wow... that looks a bit broken actually. I'm worried about what this tank is going to do to people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #278
    October 2009
    2,302 Posts
    88mm machine gun jesus christ
    I want it.

Now.

Edited:

Inb4 its pen and damage are terribad ;_;

39. Post #279
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    So my KV-3 since I rebought it has not gotten into a single tier 6 match

Help

40. Post #280
    January 2009
    21,485 Posts
    It would be hilarious if jt88 had the jpzsIVs short 88 with 132 penetration.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Czech Republic Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)