1. Post #2761
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,376 Posts
    Real talk: I've only damaged two team mates while firing arty in this game and one was a kill that landed on the very outer edge of the circle I had positioned not to hit him, which was just dumb (un)luck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

2. Post #2762
    Dumb britbong
    April 2011
    1,911 Posts
    So I was looking at the E3 2012 list, Wargaming.net are listed with "First Looks"

inb4 WoBS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #2763
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,634 Posts
    Another note: I've only team killed one person on purpose in the whole game. Ever.

I'm in an IS-3, him and IS. He kept swerving and ramming me from behind while we were pushing to the front lines. I told him he needed to learn how to drive his tank. He takes this as provocation to get in front of our entire flank and block us from getting in position. Everyone goes "What the fuck." I shoot him. He moves out, I think we're all done.

(Fun fact: Guy has 4k battles. 42% win rate. 410 efficiency.)

As we start to move up, he shoots me in the back of the turret. I hear a plink. ALL BETS ARE OFF. My favorite part: I took the first shot, my team obliterated his health thinking he was attacking me first, I finish him off. We lose by a hair and I lose 20k silver. Not a single fuck given.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #2764
    2014 SH Pun Award Nominee
    January 2009
    20,701 Posts
    There is a lot of things I don't understand about T28/T95 but it makes sense that the one without doubled tracks has less armor, because even the one with doubled tracks wasn't supposed to have 155mm and then why would they add them if one pair of tracks could hold the armor?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events

5. Post #2765
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    I teamkill shits all the time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #2766
    January 2009
    20,701 Posts
    I teamkill shits all the time but ironically it almost never happens in arty because I don't have to care about their dumb asses and I rarely ever take risky shots, not because I would be afraid of team damage but because if there is teammate next to the enemy, it's possible he will block the shell and save the enemy, making it waste of shell. I either wait for the tanks to unstuck or choose another target.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #2767
    May 2011
    400 Posts
    Victory!
    Battle: Swamp Sunday, May 13, 2012 10:17:30 AM
    Vehicle: E-100
    Experience received: 2,058
    Credits received: 107,787
    Battle Achievements: Mastery Badge: Ace Tanker, Steel Wall, Sniper, Top Gun

Whoever said this tank is bad... deserves a good smack in the face... Killing IS-4's and 7's like their nothing...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #2768
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,475 Posts
    Victory!
    Battle: Swamp Sunday, May 13, 2012 10:17:30 AM
    Vehicle: E-100
    Experience received: 2,058
    Credits received: 107,787
    Battle Achievements: Mastery Badge: Ace Tanker, Steel Wall, Sniper, Top Gun

Whoever said this tank is bad... deserves a good smack in the face... Killing IS-4's and 7's like their nothing...
    brofist.

Edited:

that's a damn nice income you got in there
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #2769
    May 2009
    1,182 Posts
    You got lucky.

The (rather high - like whole quarter of the hull you can see from the front) weld area is 254mm and nigh impenetrable by anything because it's sloped, part up part down parts to sides.

The top is 140mm and very sloped. Possible to penetrate if you are above the T-110 or he is driving down a decline.

The bottom is 114mm and least sloped, but still very well sloped and very hard to penetrate unless you are under the T110 or he is peeking up over a hill.

Generally the best bet for guns with penetration over 200 is the tumor, but that still 178mm of armor and has some nasty slopes on itself, mainly around the MG sticking out of it (it's better to shoot into the lower part of it).

It's balanced by the fact T110 has side nearly no side/ass armor and anything can penetrate it there, and it's tracks are the size of Oklahoma so as long as you aren't 1v1, one guy detracks it as it moves, it does 45 degree spin, and you rape it through the idler (front upper wheel), doing damage and keeping it tracked.

I don't really think it's OP but camping with it and keeping distance, abusing your massive DPM, precision and penetration is fucking easymode.
    I said that because I just had a match that a T110E5 was right in front of me (about 100m or 150m) shooting at a E-75 with only his frontal armor visible,so I aimed at the left side of the armor and did 320 of damage,reloaded,same side and almost same damage,I really don't know if I've hit twice the same spot,like hull MG,because with the 122mm of the IS is kinda hard to hit a weak spot

Something like this:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

10. Post #2770
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    19,403 Posts
    BUT ARTILLERY

PREVENTS

CAMPING
    No it doesn't. If anything it encourages it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #2771
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,210 Posts
    How can you stay so calm? I would have shot the Type to shit completely
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

12. Post #2772
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,475 Posts
    How can you stay so calm? I would have shot the Type to shit completely
    I was expecting an ammorack after that charge up video.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 24 (list)

13. Post #2773
    January 2009
    20,701 Posts
    Got my rightful Ace tanker on KV-2.

Did 990 dmg shot to T32 and finished him with another
    Killed T-150 who somebody damaged
    Oneshotted an M7 and 2 KV-1s.

And I don't even have any equipment and my crew is still at 95% of the primary skill.

[h2]THE KV IS DEAD. LONG LIVE THE KV-2[/h2]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #2774
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,210 Posts
    Has anyone tried the KV1 with 57mm yet? It looks like it could be everything the Churchill is, but better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #2775
    Captain Armed Dildo, Master of Ratings
    February 2011
    5,459 Posts
    Has anyone tried the KV1 with 57mm yet? It looks like it could be everything the Churchill is, but better.
    I'll try it soon.

16. Post #2776
    January 2009
    20,701 Posts
    I sold my KV-1 but I can't wrap my head around why the hell did they create 57mm 413 when it's 100% identical to 57mm ZiS-4 with a fire rate which even sits within ZiS-4s interval of possible RoF on other tanks.

It looks like they did it purely to force people who got it on T-28 to research it again.

Edited:

Same with the 85mm S-31 compared to old 85mm F-30. It has whole 1mm less penetration and slightly different RoF range.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #2777
    April 2010
    1,993 Posts
    I tried it, 85mm is better overall.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

18. Post #2778
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    623 Posts
    Draw
    Battle: Malinovka 13 May 2012 16:52:54
    Vehicle: Jagdtiger
    Experience received: 1,020
    Credits received: 78,385
    Battle Achievements: Sniper, Top Gun

Me against an E-75, Ferdi and a T29 at half health, a T-150, T25/2 and a KV-2 are at base camping. All they had to do was get the attention of the T29 so I could kill the E-75 without taking fire from the side but they didn't and me and a GwPanther had to kill the Ferdi.

I got killed by the E-75 and then about 5 minutes after my death the T-150 says "atak" and goes across the middle of the map actually spotting the T29 letting arty kill him then they all stayed at the bottom of a hill not wanting to spot the E-75 in case they died. The E-75 had 150 health and they could have easily taken him or spotted for arty.

Whyyyyyy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #2779
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,210 Posts
    I tried it, 85mm is better overall.
    Why? 57 has better DPS, way better accuracy and better aimingtime, and has only 8 penetration less than the 85mm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

20. Post #2780
    January 2009
    20,701 Posts
    Why? 57 has better DPS, way better accuracy and better aimingtime, and has only 8 penetration less than the 85mm.
    Not to mention lightning fast projectiles which I slowly more and more realize to be more important than accuracy itself to a degree, for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #2781
    I LOVE ANIME AND MAGICAL GIRLS BUT DONT TELL ANYONE
    January 2008
    11,533 Posts
    aaa what are the best modules for churchill

and skills for the crew

Edited:

i already have a rammer module because this gun can't fire fast enough
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

22. Post #2782
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,475 Posts
    aaa what are the best modules for churchill

and skills for the crew
    Rammer, gun layer, vents. Skills, the usual heavy ones.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

23. Post #2783
    January 2008
    11,533 Posts
    Rammer, gun layer, vents. Skills, the usual heavy ones.
    okay sweet that means I only need vents now

goddamn I love playing in this tank
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #2784
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,475 Posts
    okay sweet that means I only need vents now

goddamn I love playing in this tank
    Want to churchplat?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

25. Post #2785
    January 2008
    11,533 Posts
    I'd love to, but my churchill is on the US server
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

26. Post #2786
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    7,167 Posts
    I tried the T-150 with the 57mm, it's actually interesting. Like a fat slow T-34 machine gun that actually bounces shots.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

27. Post #2787
    January 2008
    11,533 Posts
    holy fuck, I hate this new china map so much

it's god awful, confusing, looks dumb as shit and is terrible to play on
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #2788
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,193 Posts

Team of ultraloss.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

29. Post #2789
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,834 Posts
    So I was looking at the E3 2012 list, Wargaming.net are listed with "First Looks"

inb4 WoBS
    Indeed, World of BullShit.

Can't wait to engage in exciting naval battles involving non-existent Russian Dreadnoughts, fully equipped with cloaking technology.

Still I am curious about the game. Although I wouldn't be surprised if they managed to sneak in the same BS armor mechanics from WoT.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #2790
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,475 Posts
    I'd love to, but my churchill is on the US server
    well fuck

Edited:

Indeed, World of BullShit.

Can't wait to engage in exciting naval battles involving non-existent Russian Dreadnoughts, fully equipped with cloaking technology.

Still I am curious about the game. Although I wouldn't be surprised if they managed to sneak in the same BS armor mechanics from WoT.
    Armor is obviously going to be in. Deck and belt armor, probably superstructure armor too etc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #2791
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    November 2006
    6,827 Posts
    hi greyguy

32. Post #2792
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    7,167 Posts
    However, the average height of a Japanese person at the time was too small for the M4A3E8, and drivers had difficulty reaching the clutch pedal with their foot.
    WHY IS THIS SO FUNNY?!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

33. Post #2793
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,974 Posts
    japanese = best tankers because we're all small enough to fit in them anyway

Edited:

More on the Type 61

Its 90mm gun was produced by the Japan Steel Works, Ltd., using the renowned U.S. type M3A1 gun as a pattern.
    Okay that's fucking awful for a tier 9, isn't that the gun on the M6-

Loading is manual and capable of firing 15 rounds per minute
    maybe not

34. Post #2794
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,747 Posts

Edited:

More on the Type 51

maybe not
    turbo 90
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #2795
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,834 Posts
    well fuck

Edited:

Armor is obviously going to be in. Deck and belt armor, probably superstructure armor too etc
    I know about the armor, but I mean the BS part of the mechanics where your ship obviously has the right guns to do considerable damage or penetration but fails to do so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #2796
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    6,464 Posts

Edited:

More on the Type 61

maybe not
    RPM means exactly jackshit if you can't penetrate them, you might as well be throwing eggs at their hull.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #2797
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    1,872 Posts
    You got lucky.

The (rather high - like whole quarter of the hull you can see from the front) weld area is 254mm and nigh impenetrable by anything because it's sloped, part up part down parts to sides.

The top is 140mm and very sloped. Possible to penetrate if you are above the T-110 or he is driving down a decline.

The bottom is 114mm and least sloped, but still very well sloped and very hard to penetrate unless you are under the T110 or he is peeking up over a hill.

Generally the best bet for guns with penetration over 200 is the tumor, but that still 178mm of armor and has some nasty slopes on itself, mainly around the MG sticking out of it (it's better to shoot into the lower part of it).

It's balanced by the fact T110 has side nearly no side/ass armor and anything can penetrate it there, and it's tracks are the size of Oklahoma so as long as you aren't 1v1, one guy detracks it as it moves, it does 45 degree spin, and you rape it through the idler (front upper wheel), doing damage and keeping it tracked.

I don't really think it's OP but camping with it and keeping distance, abusing your massive DPM, precision and penetration is fucking easymode.

The T110 is filled with frontal weak spots, what are you talking about.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Japan Show Events Informative Informative x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #2798
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,376 Posts
    I want to get the Patton and Ferdinand before Monday night but I just don't have the drive to grind the ~48k necessary.

39. Post #2799
    Captain Armed Dildo, Master of Ratings
    February 2011
    5,459 Posts
    So aim for lowest part of hull.

40. Post #2800
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    6,464 Posts
    Suddenly, I get the worst ping I've ever had in WOT, over 300 and a game that I would have ordinarily owned ass in, I can't do shit because my shots are released 2 seconds after I needed them to shoot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)