1. Post #41
    Dennab
    February 2012
    2,299 Posts
    100% graphics.
    0% gameplay.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    Ask me about my secret society of Jihadist Mexican Lobsters
    July 2010
    1,192 Posts
    Welp

I smell a major Pc upgrade coming along
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

3. Post #43
    UMINEKO IS THE BEST THING EVER
    July 2010
    333 Posts
    Looked promising.

Then I remembered what EA-exclusive gaming platform this will likely be on.

Oh well.

4. Post #44
    100% graphics.
    0% gameplay.
    You shouldn't expect gameplay from what is pretty much a tech demo.
    They make the games to show you what you can do with their engine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

5. Post #45
    Dennab
    February 2012
    2,299 Posts
    You shouldn't expect gameplay from what is pretty much a tech demo.
    They make the games to show you what you can do with their engine.
    So is unreal tournament, and that has been consistently awesome bar UT3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,086 Posts
    The first one was a decent shooter, nothing more. Sure, I loved the graphics, the looming alien threat and the mystery surrounding it, the open areas, the multiple paths, the suit and its features... but there were also flaws. It was also one of the most overhyped PC games ever.

The second one was an utterly forgetable dumbed down linear console shooter that trivialized the alien threat. It was actually Modern Warfare with aliens and features from the first game removed.

This one is practically Crysis 2 with a different environment. OK, 2.5.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Romania Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    25,059 Posts
    Welp

I smell a major Pc upgrade coming along
    why? this game is designed to run on decade-old technology
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    8,181 Posts
    The second one was an utterly forgetable dumbed down linear console shooter that trivialized the alien threat. It was actually Modern Warfare with aliens and features from the first game removed.
    lol
    you have no idea how pretentious you sound
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

9. Post #49
    May 2007
    1,993 Posts
    lol
    you have no idea how pretentious you sound
    So rather than address the point, call it pretentious.

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    8,181 Posts
    yeah

Edited:

huh
    apparently you think i aim to argue his point
    i see no reason for you to assume this

11. Post #51
    January 2010
    6,544 Posts
    Wow, it looks like it's going to be disappointing.
    Oh what the hell, i'll probably buy it anyway, C2's campaign was fun.

12. Post #52
    Dennab
    February 2012
    2,299 Posts
    yeah

Edited:

huh
    apparently you think i aim to argue his point
    i see no reason for you to assume this
    You either agree or you do not, at which point you would have formulated an argument against his point for whatever reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

13. Post #53
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts
    fucking hell crytek stop, i don't want crysis 2.5, if the ceph are literally the only enemy in the game and i can't play my korean hunting simulator i have no interest in this shit

14. Post #54
    I DRAW SEALS
    March 2009
    5,994 Posts
    I hope the kicking feature is more crysis one-ish. Used to use the power kick all the time to send people flying.

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,071 Posts
    This really is a Crysis sequel.

In that it makes almost no sense when put in context with the one before it.

16. Post #56
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    I hope the kicking feature is more crysis one-ish. Used to use the power kick all the time to send people flying.
    ... you could kick?!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    8,181 Posts
    You either agree or you do not, at which point you would have formulated an argument against his point for whatever reason.
    my issue is entirely with his wording, it has nothing to do with his point
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    March 2012
    1,701 Posts
    100% graphics.
    1% gameplay.
    I think you forgot that you can use arrows to shoot things in the knee. That's about it. Oh arrow to the knee, where has your sparks gone?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

19. Post #59
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    14,787 Posts
    Looks dull as hell, just a load of fancy graphics.

20. Post #60
    I JERK MY COCK UNTIL IT'S SORE TO MLP RULE 34
    July 2010
    3,709 Posts
    Is downloading origin safe? I know it comes with spyware, but fuck man i want this game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 6Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    August 2009
    9,077 Posts
    It looks the exact same as 2. Did they not bother to change the HUD or weapons? I can't believe the bow is their big selling point.

22. Post #62
    I JERK MY COCK UNTIL IT'S SORE TO MLP RULE 34
    July 2010
    3,709 Posts
    It looks the exact same as 2. Did they not bother to change the HUD or weapons? I can't believe the bow is their big selling point.
    But... But... its Real Life the game

23. Post #63
    Fabulous Vailglorous Extraordinaire
    February 2007
    10,705 Posts
    I fail to find any interest after the second game.

24. Post #64
    March 2012
    1,701 Posts
    I fail to find any interest after not completing the second game.

25. Post #65
    CJF
    August 2006
    16,087 Posts
    fucking hell crytek stop, i don't want crysis 2.5, if the ceph are literally the only enemy in the game and i can't play my korean hunting simulator i have no interest in this shit
    Don't buy the game then?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #66
    ADT
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,527 Posts
    It looks like an average mod of Crysis 2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

27. Post #67
    ToduboT George Carlin is the BEST
    April 2010
    612 Posts
    I felt so sad that Crysis 2 didn't meet the par of Crysis.. :'(

Won't be getting Crysis 3.. Goodnight sweet prince

28. Post #68
    April 2012
    566 Posts
    Crysis 2 with a more milk money approach.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    1,459 Posts
    Aliens are boring bullet sponges. Koreans are much more fun to fight because they don't take an entire magazine to kill, and they use vehicles and such.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

30. Post #70
    "You should see my penis, it puts a wookie to shame. its like a fucking front tail."
    January 2010
    2,391 Posts
    I want to invade Best Korea :[
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #71
    Ask me about my secret society of Jihadist Mexican Lobsters
    July 2010
    1,192 Posts
    Why do I feel like that I'm the only one that thought Crysis 2 was great and that Crysis 3 looks pretty neato?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #72
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,220 Posts
    i really hate fighting aliens in any game, its just not appealing to me

i like shooting people

i'm gonna pass

33. Post #73
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,419 Posts
    Why do I feel like that I'm the only one that thought Crysis 2 was great and that Crysis 3 looks pretty neato?
    Nope I'm with you here. It looks pretty fun. Again, people are talking as if this game will suck in every way you can think of based on 20 seconds of gameplay footage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2007
    6,746 Posts
    I can understand that Crytek used Crysis to try and make a game engine, and Crysis 2 to advance that game engine to the next generation, but it doesn't look like they're bringing anything new to the table this time around. I have a feeling this is EA trying to milk a potentially good series once again.

35. Post #75
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,086 Posts
    my issue is entirely with his wording, it has nothing to do with his point
    English is not my first language.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Romania Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #76
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,290 Posts
    I was so excited for Crysis 2 when it was coming out, but this? Not even a little.

37. Post #77
    May 2007
    1,993 Posts
    Nope I'm with you here. It looks pretty fun. Again, people are talking as if this game will suck in every way you can think of based on 20 seconds of gameplay footage.
    There's enough to tell that if you disliked Crysis 2, you won't like this. It's not even that either game is bad in and of itself, it's just disappointing both in comparison to Crysis 1/warhead and in the context of the larger gaming industry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #78
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,419 Posts
    There's enough to tell that if you disliked Crysis 2, you won't like this. It's not even that either game is bad in and of itself, it's just disappointing both in comparison to Crysis 1/warhead and in the context of the larger gaming industry.
    You're still comparing an entire game to 20 seconds of footage. Critique that footage, not the entire unreleased game. 20 seconds will never be enough to judge an entire game upon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

39. Post #79
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    25,059 Posts
    why do people think the original crysis was good

the 2nd one was better. dumbed down... but better. the first crysis was shite. it was a bad tech demo for a powerful engine. its art direction and sound design were awful. the gunplay was dull. at least fighting the koreans in a semi-open world was decent but then you're only allowed to do that for like 2 hours before they turn the game into an alien-gun-gallery

crysis 2 is more linear and less exciting as a premise but at least it works as a game that has had more thought put into it than "how much can we make pc gamers cream themselves over their rigs"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 8Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #80
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,224 Posts
    why do people think the original crysis was good

the 2nd one was better. dumbed down... but better. the first crysis was shite. it was a bad tech demo for a powerful engine. its art direction and sound design were awful. the gunplay was dull. at least fighting the koreans in a semi-open world was decent but then you're only allowed to do that for like 2 hours before they turn the game into an alien-gun-gallery

crysis 2 is more linear and less exciting as a premise but at least it works as a game that has had more thought put into it than "how much can we make pc gamers cream themselves over their rigs"
    Crysis 2 looked dull and pretty colorless at most moments while Crysis 1 was a explosion of colors.
    Crysis 1 was a huge advancement on graphics in that time, Crysis 2 looks kinda meh when it was about to came out, sure some points look good but i have seen far better tech demo's out there so Crysis 2 did not get the "10000$ NASA a computer required" thing that Crysis 1 had.
    And in overal the gameplay was more fun in Crysis since you could go like sneaking from one tree to the other and kill them one by one, go gun blazing and fuck up the entire village or fuck the whole world and ride through it without fighting. Crysis 2 was more aimed on the gun blazing

And

Looks better then

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)