1. Post #401
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,449 Posts
    I'm saving up the motion sensors. Got 33k XP so far.

The most annoying thing to me as tech is cloaked infiltrators shooting me with the jackal... they're going to help with that. A lot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #402
    Bitch please, i am FABULOUS
    July 2008
    1,374 Posts
    Sooooo, is this game any good?
    If this game was a 60$ purchase.
    I would buy it anyways.

Its great

EDIT:
    Actually i might already spend more than 60$ on tribes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

3. Post #403
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,936 Posts
    Sooooo, is this game any good?
    YES, it's awesome. Go get it: https://account.hirezstudios.com/tri...ferral=1236054

Edited:

I'm saving up the motion sensors. Got 33k XP so far.

The most annoying thing to me as tech is cloaked infiltrators shooting me with the jackal... they're going to help with that. A lot.
    Set up turrets so that their line of sight is just in front of the sensors. That way when people hit the sensors they decloak and immediately start getting shot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 8Dumb Dumb x 1Useful Useful x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #404
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    7,213 Posts
    YES, it's awesome. Go get it: https://account.hirezstudios.com/tri...ferral=1236054

Edited:

Set up turrets so that their line of sight is just in front of the sensors. That way when people hit the sensors they decloak and immediately start getting shot.
    I would laugh if he only played up to rank 4 and quit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #405
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,271 Posts
    Oh great so my flatmate came in, and I had the store open in game. I had 370 gold, and she changed my in game name from Jetman00 to JetmanV2
    I mean I don't dislike the new name, it's just a waste of gold
    She thought gold was stuff you earn in game so "it's okay" :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 8Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

6. Post #406
    January 2012
    532 Posts
    Oh great so my flatmate came in, and I had the store open in game. I had 370 gold, and she changed my in game name from Jetman00 to JetmanV2
    I mean I don't dislike the new name, it's just a waste of gold
    She thought gold was stuff you earn in game so "it's okay" :(
    Say she has to make it up to you by buying you some gold or giving you a bj. Win/win.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

7. Post #407
    January 2010
    6,003 Posts
    I went too fast
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 21 (list)

8. Post #408
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,421 Posts
    http://redd.it/sxd2z

New stuff in the game files. Can't wait to see what the targeting beacons are used for.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

9. Post #409
    August 2010
    194 Posts
    I'm saving up for the motion sensors. Got 33k XP so far.

As a technician, the Jackal pisses me off to no end. It pretty much turns the Infiltrator into an invisible Raider.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

10. Post #410
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    7,213 Posts
    http://redd.it/sxd2z

New stuff in the game files. Can't wait to see what the targeting beacons are used for.
    Spike Launcher? Sounds tasty
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

11. Post #411
    Grass Poison
    March 2010
    17,029 Posts
    I hate custom servers, joined an air fight one, you could be any class, even doombringer, and then gen went down every two minutes
    air fight servers should have naked spawns and no inventory stations (that way people is forced to use shrikes and can't destroy the generator)
    I would laugh if he only played up to rank 4 and quit
    I have 6 people who registered through my referral link
    only one of them actually played
    fuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events

12. Post #412
    July 2010
    1,571 Posts
    Can't wait to see what the targeting beacons are used for.
    I assume they're similar to the beacons in Tribes 2.
    All players can carry a few hand-placed beacons. These beacons have two modes. The first marks a target for weapons fire by giving telemetry for the Grenade Launcher and Mortar weapons. This also allows missiles to lock on to the beacon. Overall, its functionality is the same as a targeting laser, but does so in a static fashion, and may be destroyed after being placed.
    Speaking of which, I'd like to see the targeting laser back, but at the same time the fusion mortar spam would be unbearable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

13. Post #413
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,647 Posts

Edited:

imo it's really not proper to put your referal link in the op
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #414
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    9,019 Posts
    Spike Launcher? Sounds tasty
    One day the Brutes will rule the planets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #415
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,421 Posts
    I assume they're similar to the beacons in Tribes 2.

Speaking of which, I'd like to see the targeting laser back, but at the same time the fusion mortar spam would be unbearable.
    That's kind of what I was thinking, but the fact that it's listed as a Juggernaut item makes it confusing. It doesn't seem very practical for the juggernaut to actually have to run through the enemy base, throw down a beacon, then run out and target it. It worked in Tribes 2, because other classes could help the juggernaut out.

Edited:

I hate custom servers, joined an air fight one, you could be any class, even doombringer, and then gen went down every two minutes
    air fight servers should have naked spawns and no inventory stations (that way people is forced to use shrikes and can't destroy the generator)

I have 6 people who registered through my referral link
    only one of them actually played
    fuck
    That's odd. They've added an option to make generators invincible, and most air combat servers lock class to pathfinder or technician.

16. Post #416
    July 2010
    1,571 Posts
    Also, has there been any word on returning vehicles from Tribes 2 and such? I know there's a delicious image of the Havok around: http://www.tribesascendwiki.com/File:TA_Havok_Model.jpg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

17. Post #417
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,449 Posts
    imo it's really not proper to put your referal link in the op
    If anything he should put this as the sign up link, it redirects to a random referral code.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Useful Useful x 1 (list)

18. Post #418
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,421 Posts
    Also, has there been any word on returning vehicles from Tribes 2 and such? I know there's a delicious image of the Havok around: http://www.tribesascendwiki.com/File:TA_Havok_Model.jpg
    See the link I posted above. There's been some new references to it in the game files in the most recent patches, and that model is still there, so it seems like it's being prepared to be included.

I hope they add the Thundersword too. It could replace tactical strikes and make everyone happy.

19. Post #419
    Jesus, they should just get it over with and give juggernaught a gun that automatically kills everyone on the map whenever it's fired
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 13Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #420

December 2011
    606 Posts
    Good times at FP server, good times. The rotation is awesome, and so are settings.

Shrike cap could be slightly higher, like 1/4 of the number of players in team. Not big deal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

21. Post #421
    Ask me about my 'female train' fetish.
    Dennab
    January 2006
    5,457 Posts
    Those were some fun matches.

Me thumpering the flag on crossfire from one side of the map to the other as I was about to die was a pretty good shot I think.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

22. Post #422
    Glod Menber
    May 2008
    24,586 Posts
    assisting hof as a brute is really effective and fun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

23. Post #423
    May 2009
    465 Posts
    Oh god, why did they just glue two seats to the side of the havok right next to a big gun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

24. Post #424
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    9,019 Posts
    assisting hof as a brute is really effective and fun
    Now the Brute is a very good HoF since the heavy spinfusor deals 1065 of damage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events

25. Post #425
    Ask me about my 'female train' fetish.
    Dennab
    January 2006
    5,457 Posts
    Oh god, why did they just glue two seats to the side of the havok right next to a big gun.

I hope they bring out the Thundersword instead though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

26. Post #426
    We Drop Bows On 'Em
    November 2009
    6,552 Posts
    we did naughty things in the fp server

;)

Edited:

I could have sworn I got a screenshot of me and UberProFIN VGW-ing down the ramp in the arx novena city but its not there :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Artistic Artistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #427
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    15,545 Posts
    i won a free copy of gw2 from anarchy's stream wahahaa
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

28. Post #428
    August 2010
    4,074 Posts
    I have 100k saved up. It's tempting to buy the Jackal or plasma gun, but I'm afraid they'll make another patch with a weapon I want even more as soon as I buy it.
    youve got a month to get 100k again just buy it and start playing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events

29. Post #429
    ktr
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    303 Posts
    Havok doesn't have guns. The passengers are the guns.

30. Post #430
    We Drop Bows On 'Em
    November 2009
    6,552 Posts
    Havok doesn't have guns. The passengers are the guns.
    4 juggies 1 havok XXX xplicit (too hot for normal gameplay!)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

31. Post #431
    Grass Poison
    March 2010
    17,029 Posts
    I seriously need to learn how to deal with good shrike pilots, it's infuriating when the other team is stacked and there is no way to take it down

i won a free copy of gw2 from anarchy's stream wahahaa
    So jelly
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events

32. Post #432
    We Drop Bows On 'Em
    November 2009
    6,552 Posts
    I seriously need to learn how to deal with good shrike pilots, it's infuriating when the other team is stacked and there is no way to take it down

So jelly
    Doombringers missiles and chaingun can kill them pretty quickly
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

33. Post #433
    Grass Poison
    March 2010
    17,029 Posts
    Doombringers missiles and chaingun can kill them pretty quickly
    I tried, the sabre launcher is useless agaisnt good pilots
    They will just fly behind a tower or hill to avoid the missile
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

34. Post #434
    We Drop Bows On 'Em
    November 2009
    6,552 Posts
    Well yeah the missile launcher is more of a "shoo!" than a kill

Chaingun demolishes them if they get anywhere near your base
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

35. Post #435
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,936 Posts
    I am such a pilot and this is true. A boosting shrike is faster than a missile and in a lot of cases shrikes can actually outlast a missile since they have limited fuel.

Doombringers can't kill shrikes, only annoy them. If you want to kill a shrike you need to be a pathfinder with the LAR. Chip away at the shrikes health with the LAR and chase it relentlessly. The pilot will eventually stop to repair and that's when you track him down and blow the shrike up. This will probably take like 10 minutes to do.

AND THEN THE SHRIKE PILOT BUYS ANOTHER SHRIKE LOL
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

36. Post #436
    I can't think of a good title.
    May 2010
    17,167 Posts
    Am I the only one who thinks that the handling on the shrikes is shit? Moving is painful and awkward, shooting is terrible, and any grace is gone with the terrible controls.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

37. Post #437
    July 2010
    3,946 Posts
    You aren't supposed to shoot people with the shrike, but infact , fly against everyone you see.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

38. Post #438
    I can't think of a good title.
    May 2010
    17,167 Posts
    You aren't supposed to shoot people with the shrike, but infact , fly against everyone you see.
    I know that. I'm talking about whenever you try to.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

39. Post #439
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,936 Posts
    I like flying the shrike, I think it's a real joy to pilot. You just have to get used to it, I didn't like it at first. I get a lot of kills with the little bomblet things.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #440
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,002 Posts
    We have a FP server?

What's it called?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Pakistan Show Events