1. Post #801
    October 2009
    1,402 Posts
    I just realized this game is pay to win and my progression is pretty much pointless. Now every time some guy fires some crazy rebounding/splitting projectile at me, I realize he's probably some kid who convinced his parents to spend a few bucks on microtransactions.
    I guess I could take pride in NOT being a VIP member so that XP actually means something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12Agree Agree x 9Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #802
    April 2008
    1,242 Posts
    I just realized this game is pay to win and my progression is pretty much pointless. Now every time some guy fires some crazy rebounding/splitting projectile at me, I realize he's probably some kid who convinced his parents to spend a few bucks on microtransactions.
    I guess I could take pride in NOT being a VIP member so that XP actually means something.
    Or if you find you enjoy the game you give the studio that made it money as a way of showing your support, after the mega patch that added customization a lot of people did that. I did the closed-beta gold with booster promotion for $30 and I have gotten more then $30 of enjoyment out of the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #803
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    10,366 Posts
    I think saying this game is pay to win is just an easy excuse for doing badly

I've done just fine with the default weapons against people with more costly equipment
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

4. Post #804
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,448 Posts
    50% more XP isn't that much you know. At least compared to boost...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #805
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,635 Posts

I've done just fine with the default weapons against people with more costly equipment
    clearly you haven't come up against The very best and his FUCKING raider loadout
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #806
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,974 Posts
    The Juggernauts fusion mortar is arguably one of the most powerful weapons in the game when used correctly and you have it right off the bat.

Just keep shooting it at an area you know an enemy has to pass through and watch as the kill rack up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #807
    We Drop Bows On 'Em
    November 2009
    6,552 Posts

It's because 90% of the weapons are actually choices rather than upgrades (admittedly there are a few weapons that seem to not have any disadvantage to the default weapon)

For example the bombs on INF are the absolute best for his role, and the chain gun on doombringer is much better for drilling down pathfinders, both of which are the default weapons\

edit: i don't think it's very clear what I'm trying to say so I'll just say it straight, people complaining about the game being pay2win are pretty much just using it as an excuse for why everyone else is doing better than them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

8. Post #808
    Memento audere semper- audaces fortuna iuvat.
    February 2010
    8,147 Posts
    I promised myself I'll get gold rank on my own before buying gold or boosters.
    I'm now at rank 24, and just have 1 of the 100'000EXP weapons unlocked.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events

9. Post #809
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,821 Posts
    you realise the ranks are unaffected by boosts right
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #810
    We Drop Bows On 'Em
    November 2009
    6,552 Posts
    You must have been buying other stuff too though right? I mean I've spent about 70k just from rank 17-19 and although I have VIP it's still just over half of 100k
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

11. Post #811
    Chief Gunnery Sgt. of the SS Shitpost
    March 2009
    16,413 Posts
    Why do people even bitch about the plasma rifle any more? I mean it had its hibox fixed and all, and for a raider, its not even the best gun they can use to suit their role. A grenade launcher or arx buster is a much better choice if you're actually going to play the raider how its MEANT to be played.

As for the NJ4-B SMG, its not like its not really an upgrade, more a sidegrade.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #812
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    9,997 Posts
    I just realized that you can drive the beowulf onto the flag. Tank on flag! I know it'd be pretty easy to kill you, but it'd be harder to move around than a HoF.

I should try that on Temple Ruins or Sunstar.

Edited:

Nevermind. Saw someone else try it. Doesn't block the cap at all
    I know you've discovered this but they detonate if you idle on the flag point

Edited:

Why do people even bitch about the plasma rifle any more? I mean it had its hibox fixed and all, and for a raider, its not even the best gun they can use to suit their role. A grenade launcher or arx buster is a much better choice if you're actually going to play the raider how its MEANT to be played.

I don't have a problem with it mostly but it seems really cheap for them to have a 10 round mag, it makes missing a lower priority because they can just go "oops, I missed, oh well shoot anudder!!1!"

13. Post #813
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,320 Posts

It's still easy as balls to airshot people, the hitbox fix just prevented you from missing completely but still hitting the shot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

14. Post #814
    November 2009
    2,514 Posts
    Actualy you just realized that you bad at this game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

15. Post #815
    Gum
    July 2011
    1,232 Posts
    So I finally topped the scoreboards in a match.
    ...As a Jiggurnaut doing the Raider's job.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

16. Post #816
    Juggernaught doing someone else's job?

No way!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

17. Post #817
    Never send a boy to fuck a MAN!
    February 2010
    7,258 Posts
    I've found out after Raid & Pillage update.
    Why waste 100,000 xp on a single gun?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #818
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    9,997 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 15Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #819
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    507 Posts
    bought some gold what i should buy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #820
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    9,997 Posts
    If you play raider the whiteout grenades are fucking fantabulous.

Mines if DMB.

That's all I know really

Edited:

Anyone else can't connect?

21. Post #821
    johnny guitar was here
    February 2010
    6,201 Posts
    anyone seen that video woth the pathfinder doing suicide crashes with the shrike, jumping out and grabbing the flag at gotta go fast speeds?

does that shit work with other classes?
    heavies to be precise.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events

22. Post #822
    January 2012
    532 Posts
    anyone seen that video woth the pathfinder doing suicide crashes with the shrike, jumping out and grabbing the flag at gotta go fast speeds?

does that shit work with other classes?
    heavies to be precise.
    I thought heavies can't get in Shrikes?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #823
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    9,997 Posts
    We're officially on the newbloods "roster" :D

http://forum.hirezstudios.com/phpbb/...st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Teams Signed Up
    Muscle Gear Solid [MSCL]
    TXM {Texas Militia}
    {HoA} Horsemen Of the Apocalypse
    Hot Dolphin!
    VWV (formerly teamliquid.net)
    Major League of Space Marines
    Team Klendathu
    µps
    Puppy Kisses
    Wonderbolts (formerly MLPGaming)
    Team Emporium
    Team Paper
    Team Undecided
    [FD] Forza Domination
    Beef and Cheese
    Shazpunch
    Edited:

Let's scrim against beardy's team.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #824
    johnny guitar was here
    February 2010
    6,201 Posts
    I thought heavies can't get in Shrikes?
    they cant?

i dont think ive ever got enough creds to afford one.

and the super heavy perk lets you squish or ram enemies if you got the SANICs for it, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #825
    Remove anime
    July 2007
    9,884 Posts
    Jiggurnaut best class.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

26. Post #826
    johnny guitar was here
    February 2010
    6,201 Posts
    Jiggurnaut best class.
    juggernaught
    juggerfat
    jiggurnaut
    jigglenaut / jiggerfat

JiggleFat!

i dont know   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #827
    Never send a boy to fuck a MAN!
    February 2010
    7,258 Posts
    Jiggurnaut best class.
    [VGN] No!

Infiltrator is the best.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

28. Post #828
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,792 Posts
    No, tech is the most fun class... oh wait...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #829

July 2011
    2,327 Posts
    Jiggurnaut best class.
    you finally see the truth
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Sweden Show Events

30. Post #830
    Memento audere semper- audaces fortuna iuvat.
    February 2010
    8,147 Posts
    You must have been buying other stuff too though right? I mean I've spent about 70k just from rank 17-19 and although I have VIP it's still just over half of 100k
    Perks, armor upgrades and different grenades
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Italy Show Events

31. Post #831
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    9,997 Posts
    Being on a booster with VIP is still crap, I still feel like I'm being drip fed, like, I need to play 50 matches at 2k a time in order to buy a weapon.

And I barely average 2k, doing the best teamwork and so forth.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #832
    Being on a booster with VIP is still crap, I still feel like I'm being drip fed, like, I need to play 50 matches at 2k a time in order to buy a weapon.

And I barely average 2k, doing the best teamwork and so forth.
    You're forgetting that Tribes: Ascend supports offensive killwhoring, I average 4-5k XP a match from doing so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #833
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    9,997 Posts
    I'm also getting loads of killstreaks though

34. Post #834
    August 2010
    1,012 Posts
    I'm literary getting tribes.exe stopped working error every 20 minutes...and i'm still not sure if it has to do something with my computer or the software (other games are fine)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Serbia Show Events Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

35. Post #835
    Remove anime
    July 2007
    9,884 Posts
    That feel when you carefully shoots a fusion mortar over a massive distance and perfectly hit the enemy flagcarrier as he's about to cap our flag.

Edited:

Oh and him spamming shazbot afterwards.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 9Winner Winner x 3 (list)

36. Post #836
    November 2009
    2,042 Posts
    That feel when you carefully shoots a fusion mortar over a massive distance and perfectly hit the enemy flagcarrier as he's about to cap our flag.

Edited:

Oh and him spamming shazbot afterwards.
    [VGW] Woohoo!
    [VGW] Woohoo!
    [VGW] Woohoo!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

37. Post #837
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    6,122 Posts
    So, when are we training and stuff?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #838
    Max
    Ikuu~
    May 2009
    15,153 Posts
    I think we said Saturday
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

39. Post #839
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    9,997 Posts
    That was a random date, we'd need to find some way or co-ordinating everyone, I'd use the FPT group but they won't give me admin on it, so should I just set up a new group?

40. Post #840
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    1,774 Posts
    Yes, do it.