1. Post #3641
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,052 Posts
    It is fun when you find your role, but the devs have been forcing it into the competitive scene for a while now and it may show some in the general gameplay. Still, it is free to play so you could try it for a bit and then see if you like it or not.
    It doesn't show at all because basically all of the non-vanilla weapons are banned in tournaments, and the developers just don't seem to get why.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

2. Post #3642
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,934 Posts
    Half the people there never even use their jetpack for fucks sake
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

3. Post #3643
    Memento audere semper- audaces fortuna iuvat.
    February 2010
    8,142 Posts
    Why exactly? People have no sense of teamwork and I'm not going to cap the flag at less than 200 so I have absolutely no reason to listen to the VGS in pubs
    Well, if you're a capper it makes less sense, you have a point.
    I often go 'VDC defend our flag carrier' when the capper is in danger. I hope at some point it was useful for somebody
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events

4. Post #3644
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    9,018 Posts
    Yeah but the babby leagues... I joined a babby leagues server once and got 30k in like 5 minutes so 40 in 20 minutes is nothing.
    Double exp week. You can be a dirty player just for a handful of exp.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events

5. Post #3645
    We Drop Bows On 'Em
    November 2009
    6,552 Posts
    Yeah but the babby leagues... I joined a babby leagues server once and got 30k in like 5 minutes so 40 in 20 minutes is nothing.
    You miss the bit where that's impossible and he's rank 6 (read: HE IS PART OF THE "Babby" LEAGUES)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #3646
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,934 Posts
    You miss the bit where that's impossible and he's rank 6 (read: HE IS PART OF THE "Babby" LEAGUES)
    Leave it to a foolish jackal feeder to not know that anyone can enter a babby league's game.

I wonder if you can even figure out how it's done.

Edited:

I bet you play Diamond Sword
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9 (list)

7. Post #3647
    February 2010
    3,120 Posts
    Why exactly? People have no sense of teamwork and I'm not going to cap the flag at less than 200 so I have absolutely no reason to listen to the VGS in pubs
    This is a terrible attitude to have, this "everybody in pubs is an idiot so I'm just going to shut them out entirely". It's just not true. There are plenty of valid uses for VGS and people in pubs do listen, just not everyone -- and the people that don't are generally the people that don't need to hear it, anyways (VFF being the exception). If you'll listen to other people's calls, they'll listen to yours, and suddenly you have coordination between teammates. VA[C,D], VF[F,Q,R,S,T], VC[A,C,D], VV[A,B,H,N,S,Y], VS[anything really] -- all valid calls that really should not be ignored. To disable VGS and maintain such an attitude puts you on the same level as the people you're trying to avoid, in that you are working alone just as much as "them".

And so what if there's a lot of spam. If you* would stop being so uptight about it, it would stop being annoying and just become background noise. Friendly banter is nothing to get upset about anyway.

*Not aimed at anyone in particular, just people who complain about VGS spam
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #3648
    August 2010
    4,074 Posts
    Leave it to a foolish jackal feeder to not know that anyone can enter a babby league's game.

Edited:

I play DS and I'd shit all over you, team doesn't mean anything.

Edited:

and you're part of the problem with pubs in this game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Funny Funny x 3 (list)

9. Post #3649
    July 2008
    2,134 Posts
    I rated you dumb because no one fucking cares about your VFF bullshit, they want the flag and you spamming voice commands isn't going to change their mind.
    yeah fuck trying to teach people what vff means, just let them shit all over their OWN OFFENSE without even knowing it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #3650
    November 2010
    5,746 Posts
    I uhm-uh

I somehow got MVP in a non babby league server? What is wrong? I'm extremely horrible at this game

Though I suppose it helps when you're a tech in the gen room with millions of bad infiltrators rushing inside then dying from your turrets
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

11. Post #3651
    We Drop Bows On 'Em
    November 2009
    6,552 Posts

Edited:

You're literally the dumbest poster I have ever seen

I would like to see this game of 30K in 5 minutes, because not only are you mentally handicapped but also a liar
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

12. Post #3652
    August 2010
    4,074 Posts
    yeah fuck trying to teach people what vff means, just let them shit all over their OWN OFFENSE without even knowing it
    Because spamming "VFF" is totally teaching people, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

13. Post #3653
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,632 Posts

Edited:

what are you doing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

14. Post #3654
    We Drop Bows On 'Em
    November 2009
    6,552 Posts
    This is a terrible attitude to have, this "everybody in pubs is an idiot so I'm just going to shut them out entirely". It's just not true. There are plenty of valid uses for VGS and people in pubs do listen, just not everyone -- and the people that don't are generally the people that don't need to hear it, anyways (VFF being the exception). If you'll listen to other people's calls, they'll listen to yours, and suddenly you have coordination between teammates. VA[C,D], VF[F,Q,R,S,T], VC[A,C,D], VV[A,B,H,N,S,Y], VS[anything really] -- all valid calls that really should not be ignored. To disable VGS and maintain such an attitude puts you on the same level as the people you're trying to avoid, in that you are working alone just as much as "them".

And so what if there's a lot of spam. If you* would stop being so uptight about it, it would stop being annoying and just become background noise. Friendly banter is nothing to get upset about anyway.

*Not aimed at anyone in particular, just people who complain about VGS spam
    I'm not blocking things out at all, my VGS is turned way down so the constant noise doesn't drive me crazy, I can still hear it but it's much better than being shouted at with "VGCAVGCAVGCAVGCAVGCAVGTGVGNVGTGVGNVGTG" all damn game

That's why I said "This is why you turn down the vgs sounds" and not that you should turn them off entirely

I've had my vgs sounds turned almost all the way down since they added the option to (or at least since I found out the option existed since I don't remember when they added it)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

15. Post #3655
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,632 Posts
    tribes ascend classic: history in the making

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

16. Post #3656
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,934 Posts
    You're literally the dumbest poster I have ever seen

I would like to see this game of 30K in 5 minutes, because not only are you mentally handicapped but also a liar
    Oh wow wait, you actually couldn't figure it out? I thought I was just being snide and that you would be able to quickly figure it out once I told you it was possible.

I think you might be the handicapped one and by extension also a liar for falsely calling me the same!

Alright you ready to have your sand-filled mind blown? Are you ready to hear how I used my mad hacker skills to enter a babby league game as level 30?

I wrote a GUI interface and backtraced the tribes IP to the master server where I de-encrypted their java files, allowing me to enter any game I wanted.

Or maybe I just joined a game with my level 2 friend   

(User was banned for this post ("Flaming." - Seiteki))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

17. Post #3657

July 2011
    2,327 Posts
    are you really that stupid
    seriously
    he called you a liar because it is impossible to get 30k in 5 mins legit, not because he didn't know how to join low-level players
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #3658
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,792 Posts

I got a 65% off (147 gold) offer on motion detector, should I go for it? I'll be able to buy the thumper soon anyway. I only have 250 gold so the balance afterwards would be about 100 gold.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

19. Post #3659
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,934 Posts
    are you really that stupid
    seriously
    he called you a liar because it is impossible to get 30k in 5 mins legit, not because he didn't know how to join low-level players
    Well he should be more ~specific~
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

20. Post #3660
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    11,168 Posts
    no, you should be less retarded
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #3661
    Place a message on my profile stating how you feel towards me. (obligatory: scriptkiddy destroyer)
    March 2012
    4,449 Posts
    Oh wow wait, you actually couldn't figure it out? I thought I was just being snide and that you would be able to quickly figure it out once I told you it was possible.

I think you might be the handicapped one and by extension also a liar for falsely calling me the same!

Alright you ready to have your sand-filled mind blown? Are you ready to hear how I used my mad hacker skills to enter a babby league game as level 30?

I wrote a GUI interface and backtraced the tribes IP to the master server where I de-encrypted their java files, allowing me to enter any game I wanted.

nobody likes you go away
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Winner Winner x 6Agree Agree x 3 (list)

22. Post #3662
    May 2012
    868 Posts
    I don't know if I'm interrupting any sort of internet argument here, but what class would you recommend to a complete newbie to the Tribes series? I'm pretty interested in the Juggernaut.

Other shit you might want to know: I play on a laptop, so going fast AND aiming well might be hard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

23. Post #3663
    October 2011
    1,391 Posts
    I don't know if I'm interrupting any sort of internet argument here, but what class would you recommend to a complete newbie to the Tribes series? I'm pretty interested in the Juggernaut.
    I think You should start of with the pathfinder,since he can go fast and has the spinfusor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Montenegro Show Events

24. Post #3664
    Memento audere semper- audaces fortuna iuvat.
    February 2010
    8,142 Posts
    Any of the three base classes are good to learn, imo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #3665
    August 2010
    4,074 Posts
    Any of the three base classes are good to learn, imo
    Jugg is awful to learn unless you like sitting on a hill for 20 minutes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #3666
    We Drop Bows On 'Em
    November 2009
    6,552 Posts

How did you get to "It's impossible to join a low level game!" from "I would like to see this game of 30K in 5 minutes"

Maybe I should have been more specific about you lying to a new player and not that you were lying about beating a bunch of new players

Edited:

Other shit you might want to know: I play on a laptop, so going fast AND aiming well might be hard.
    Everyone always wants to make some dumb argument so don't worry about it (It's always about the jackal)

I'd recommend pathfinder or soldier, soldier is just a really good all round class and is probably the best to get used to the combat in the game and pathfinder is best to get used to going fast
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #3667
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,934 Posts
    I only get uppity because y'alls never believe me when I say "I did X"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

28. Post #3668
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    9,995 Posts
    Jugg is awful to learn unless you like sitting on a hill for 20 minutes.
    Every comment from chirno invokes this reaction:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Useful x 1Agree x 1Dumb x 1Artistic x 1Informative x 1 (list)

29. Post #3669
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,934 Posts
    And I really wasn't lying. I got 30k in 5~ minutes by going Raider and using the plasma gun. Baddies swarmed our flag stand at all times and I just murdered all of them. There were multikills and killing sprees and hot airs galore. That's how it was possible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

30. Post #3670
    We Drop Bows On 'Em
    November 2009
    6,552 Posts
    Today I started playing brute

Why would they make this horrid monster of AOE be so much fun, mid airs with the devestator are so rewarding too

It's just a shame you have to be so fat for the spinfuser to be so good :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

31. Post #3671
    August 2007
    642 Posts
    Chirno and Foogooman are possibly the dumbest people I have ever encountered.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

32. Post #3672
    August 2010
    4,074 Posts
    Chirno and Foogooman are possibly the dumbest people I have ever encountered.
    Don't group me with that idiot...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Funny Funny x 12 (list)

33. Post #3673
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    9,018 Posts
    I only get uppity because y'alls never believe me when I say "I did X"
    And I really wasn't lying. I got 30k in 5~ minutes by going Raider and using the plasma gun. Baddies swarmed our flag stand at all times and I just murdered all of them. There were multikills and killing sprees and hot airs galore. That's how it was possible.
    Look I belive is posible but, Im pretty sure making 30K in one match isn't something so casual. I mean I will smash the imp prnt key to get a screenshot of the match or something so....

Where is your backup? Simple as that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events

34. Post #3674
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,934 Posts
    Look I belive is posible but, Im pretty sure making 30K in one match isn't something so casual. I mean I will smash the imp prnt key to get a screenshot of the match or something so....

Where is your backup? Simple as that.
    I didn't get a shot of that game because what would be the point? They would just see that everyone was bronze and I'm gold. Who cares how badly I can slaughter ground-bound tribesmen.

I do have shots of real games with similar scoring though.

Here's 26k in 9 minutes in an actual game where it's not just destroying babbies. I think you can imagine that I might be able to get 30k in 5 when everyone is practically standing still if I can get this in a real game.

Or this one. It was a full 23 minute game but I think it gets a certain point across.

I also have 434 killing sprees, 123 rampages, 39 relentless, 18 unstoppable, and 8 slayer. That's just since release though, I played way more back in beta and I think I had 5 more slayers that I got there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

35. Post #3675
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    15,527 Posts
    who gives a shit, you still lost both games because you're just a dming scumbag.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

36. Post #3676
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,934 Posts
    who gives a shit, you still lost both games because you're just a dming scumbag.
    I filled a role, I was practically a one man army offense. Not my fault my team didn't take advantage of it. It's not like I was killing in the mid field, I was actually destroying defenses. Seeing as I lost both games that also means I was at a disadvantage going up against a superior team.

Edited:

Oh and to answer your question Darkstar gives a shit, he asked.

37. Post #3677
    July 2005
    227 Posts
    I see you got the team kill Accolades, you kill hungry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

38. Post #3678
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,934 Posts
    So can we all agree now that I'm actually pretty good at this game and I know what I'm talking about?

I have plenty more screenshots if you need more evidence. I have over 89 pictures and most of them are scoreboards.

Edited:

Not that I care that much about how good I am at a video game or how good people on the internet think I am. It's just that the past 20 posts I've made in this topic have all been met with dumbs and hostility.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #3679
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    15,527 Posts
    So can we all agree now that I'm actually pretty good at this game and I know what I'm talking about?

I have plenty more screenshots if you need more evidence. I have over 89 pictures and most of them are scoreboards.

Edited:

Not that I care that much about how good I am at a video game or how good people on the internet think I am. It's just that the past 20 posts I've made in this topic have all been met with dumbs and hostility.
    if you didn't care at all you wouldn't be posting screenshots and flaunting your dick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #3680
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,934 Posts
    if you didn't care at all you wouldn't be posting screenshots and flaunting your dick.
    I didn't post pictures until someone asked. I only started flaunting to demonstrate that 40k in babby leagues using the jackal is not something to brag out.