1. Post #1
    February 2012
    28 Posts
    So I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to hide a public (sv_lan = 0) server from the Master server list, without having to put a password on it!
    I've done some searching, but haven't found anything that matches what I'm looking for.

Your thoughts?

2. Post #2
    Awesome Gmod Servers!
    September 2011
    2,064 Posts
    The only thing I could think of :P

hook.Add("PlayerInitialSpawn", "Hidemyserver", function(ply)
    	if not ply:SteamID() == "Idhere" then
    		ply:Kick("This server is top secret!")
    	end
    end)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    February 2012
    28 Posts
    Thanks for your reply; I currently have a similar system to filter out people on the server, thing is there will be quite a few servers that would act as a "matchserver" with one central access server from which players are redirected to the previously stated matchservers. It'd be preferred if the latter kind did not show up at all.

4. Post #4
    Awesome Gmod Servers!
    September 2011
    2,064 Posts
    I would think its not possible to hide a server that is online, from the server list. You could even make the server max one person if possible?

Edit: What kind of server is this? Dedicated? Listen?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    February 2012
    28 Posts
    I would think its not possible to hide a server that is online, from the server list. You could even make the server max one person if possible?

Edit: What kind of server is this? Dedicated? Listen?
    The one person limit is not really an option as there will be played on it, it 's a dedicated server!

6. Post #6
    April 2009
    445 Posts
    For SRCDS I believe there is a command for the console for specifying the master server IPs. Well there was as this was how we did it, basically just blackholing the queries. However that was awhile ago so not sure if its still there.

It was something like:

Code:
    setmaster remove <ip or dns>
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    February 2012
    28 Posts
    For SRCDS I believe there is a command for the console for specifying the master server IPs. Well there was as this was how we did it, basically just blackholing the queries. However that was awhile ago so not sure if its still there.

It was something like:

Code:
    setmaster remove <ip or dns>
    This seems to have worked, did some Google searches. Together with "sv_master_legacy_mode 1" it would have to not show the server in the masterlist. However this command seems to be removed (?) as I cannot run it in the console manually, nor will it work when I put it inside a server.cfg file!
    Thanks a lot anyways !