1. Post #3161
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    21,931 Posts
    Wow, what the hell, probably late on this but the necromage perk works on yourself if you're a vampire.

Suddenly a reason to get vampirism.

Edited:

Soemtimes NPCs increase in size for some reason. There's that hags cure woman in markarth and she's a breton, but sometimes when I walk into the shop she's as tall as a nord woman.
    Reminds me of how I have a follower mod that gives one follower a constant aura that constantly heals allied undead. It applied to you if you were a vampire.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #3162
    July 2010
    926 Posts
    I think Babette broke.

I posted a picture like this a while ago also, the kids on skyrim must be on growth hormones or something, probably in the milk.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

3. Post #3163
    October 2009
    9,213 Posts
    I posted a picture like this a while ago also, the kids on skyrim must be on growth hormones or something, probably in the milk.
    Milk drinkers!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #3164
    March 2011
    4,109 Posts
    a vampire with the body of an 8-year old is the same height as an adult?
    Most kids in the game are like that. Alvor's daughter in Riverwood was also the same height as me.

5. Post #3165
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,593 Posts

:|
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 23Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #3166
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    10,634 Posts
    Huh, there are faeries in The Elder Scrolls universe?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #3167
    September 2010
    6,626 Posts
    Anyone know the console command to make something unowned? Doesn't make sense that I can't sleep in the bed of someone I murdered who lives alone in the woods.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

8. Post #3168
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    10,634 Posts

Some info for you guys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 9Late Late x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #3169
    January 2010
    9,764 Posts
    I wonder how the dragonbone weapons will look in Dawnguard.

10. Post #3170
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    12,203 Posts
    I wonder how the dragonbone weapons will look in Dawnguard.
    Like something you would find in a horker's stomach I bet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

11. Post #3171
    March 2010
    7,896 Posts
    I hope that the dragon bone weapons are better than deadric.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #3172
    May 2011
    2,689 Posts
    I hope we get crossbows, bolts and (if in) spears of each material, incluiding dragonbone (and arrows of that one too). And the ability to forge and improve them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #3173
    January 2010
    9,764 Posts
    Kinda sucks how dragonbone armor is worst than daedric, considering how you have to be level 100 to get dragonbone. I can see why they would make daedric better, though. Both daedra hearts and ebony ingots are fairly rare and I often find myself carrying too many dragonbones and scale as compared to too many daedra hearts and ebony ingots. If anything you should unlock dragonbone smithing before daedric smithing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

14. Post #3174
    May 2011
    2,689 Posts
    According to the lore, nothing is stronger than Daedric, IIRC. Plus, Dragon is more accessible, and the difference ends up not mattering much anyway.

Also, Dragon Smithing is the ultimate light armor perk as well. I'd personally place it as only requiring Advanced Armors (and that one only needing Steel Smithing, or a Steel retooled that also enables Leather, and boost the improvements of Iron and Hide).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #3175
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,878 Posts
    I hope we get crossbows, bolts and (if in) spears of each material, incluiding dragonbone (and arrows of that one too). And the ability to forge and improve them.
    I don't really see why having a bow or crossbow made of a particular material would help anything in real life. like, I get that you want it to be fine-tuned so it's more effective at firing arrows, but couldn't you just get a competent smith to make it out of regular steel and wood? the arrows I understand, so they're sharper and such, but why would the bow being made of anything else affect it?

I get that there's meant to be variation, but if there were any sense it'd be different kinds of bows made from the same things, but arrows made from better materials.

Edited:

I mean unless you intend to be using your bow as a club or something the material itself shouldn't really come into it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

16. Post #3176
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,537 Posts
    I hope the new DLC doesn't fuck over mods, i.e. Improved Werewolves or anything like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #3177
    January 2010
    9,764 Posts
    According to the lore, nothing is stronger than Daedric, IIRC.
    Really? Because when I fight Daedra in Skyrim they seem about as easy as a Bandit Chief on Expert with PISE and Duel installed.

18. Post #3178
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,878 Posts
    Really? Because when I fight Daedra in Skyrim they seem about as easy as a Bandit Chief on Expert with PISE and Duel installed.
    there's probably a difference between what they wear and the armor you get, which makes sense when you think about it, since you'd need a load of Daedra hearts to make the armour so the Daedra wearing it would have to be important enough to have others sacrifce themselves for him, which is probably why high-level Daedra are more durable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

19. Post #3179
    January 2010
    9,764 Posts
    there's probably a difference between what they wear and the armor you get, which makes sense when you think about it, since you'd need a load of Daedra hearts to make the armour so the Daedra wearing it would have to be important enough to have others sacrifce themselves for him, which is probably why high-level Daedra are more durable.
    The armor you wear and the armor Daedra wear are identical so that's probably not the case.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #3180
    May 2011
    2,689 Posts
    Except they aren't. Dremona weapons and Daedric weapons were nowhere close to being the same in Oblivion, while we are at it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 4Zing Zing x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #3181
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,126 Posts
    I would imagine that they must have some inferior form of Ebony in the realms of Oblivion, I mean wasn't true Ebony only found on Nirn or something?

22. Post #3182
    September 2010
    6,626 Posts
    Skyrim just straight up CTD'd there. No error message at all. Again, now. Wow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #3183
    January 2010
    9,764 Posts
    Except they aren't. Dremona weapons and Daedric weapons were nowhere close to being the same in Oblivion, while we are at it.
    No?
    http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dremora_Longsword
    http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/D...%28Oblivion%29

24. Post #3184
    September 2010
    6,626 Posts
    No. The Dremora sword has a lower damage value, is worth way less, and breaks much faster.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

25. Post #3185
    January 2010
    9,764 Posts
    No. The Dremora sword has a lower damage value, is worth way less, and breaks much faster.
    Yes, but visually they're identical.

26. Post #3186
    September 2010
    6,626 Posts
    Yes, but visually they're identical.
    Yeah, but the mechanics are completely different. I think it's just the Dremora ones are made from cheaper materials so they can be mass produced for the armies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #3187
    Creator of the Gold Member Times
    November 2011
    1,619 Posts
    Notice the difference in strength. The daedric weapons are almost four times as powerful and are almost six times as durable. It's pretty much agreed upon that dremora tiered items are different from Daedric. Daedric items are a bitch to make. You've got to have ebony and some daedra. The crafting of the armor varies from game to game a bit if I remember correctly. However, whenever Daedric items are crafted it involves great pain for the daedra used during the process.

I forget who, but I want to either say a high elf in Morrowind or Oblivion flat out refused to use Daedric armor/weapons because he could feel the pain of the daedra when wearing/wielding it. I'm not exactly sure what people agreed Dremora items to be. I'm thinking it was either just made from ebony in whatever realm of oblivion they're in or it's an extension of themselves in some sort of spirity summony metaphysical way.

The latter makes more sense in Skyrim since you can't loot their armor. Anyways, fact of the matter is that dremora items are way inferior to daedric.

28. Post #3188
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,226 Posts
    I feel like I'm going to be disappointed with Dawnguard. Not because it's going to be bad, I think it will be well made. I just feel like Skyrim pushed me towards an edge that I would plunge into during the next DLC. I want things like the Kings moot and the next Great War to start, instead we're going to do some random quest that hasn't been talked about at all instead of the great hole Skyrim leaves.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

29. Post #3189
    Nya~
    April 2011
    5,134 Posts
    for some reason my game seems to freeze/lag for a few minutes after entering an area, would a memory leak be the issue?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

30. Post #3190
    screamin 4 da gold
    January 2010
    7,044 Posts
    I hope the vampire form spells won't need any of the mage skill tree perks to use the spells without eating up your magicka
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #3191
    October 2009
    9,213 Posts
    I feel like I'm going to be disappointed with Dawnguard. Not because it's going to be bad, I think it will be well made. I just feel like Skyrim pushed me towards an edge that I would plunge into during the next DLC. I want things like the Kings moot and the next Great War to start, instead we're going to do some random quest that hasn't been talked about at all instead of the great hole Skyrim leaves.
    Agreed. It just seems to pop up, going "oh, btw, this is happening."

32. Post #3192
    September 2010
    6,626 Posts
    What are the benefits of being a vampire in Skyrim? I'm thinking about doing a vampire assassin playthrough.

33. Post #3193
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,593 Posts
    What are the benefits of being a vampire in Skyrim? I'm thinking about doing a vampire assassin playthrough.
    Its only useful for assassins and mages. Sneaking bonus, Illusion bonus, some gimmicky greater powers. Obviously sneak/illusion is good for assassins, likewise you become immune to disease and poison.

It's useful for mages (with restoration experience) because it classifies you as undead, which coincides with the necromage perk (bonus spell magnitude for undead)... meaning you can cast retardedly powerful spells on yourself if you're a vampire.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

34. Post #3194
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    10,634 Posts
    Its only useful for assassins and mages. Sneaking bonus, Illusion bonus, some gimmicky greater powers. Obviously sneak/illusion is good for assassins, likewise you become immune to disease and poison.

It's useful for mages (with restoration experience) because it classifies you as undead, which coincides with the necromage perk (bonus spell magnitude for undead)... meaning you can cast retardedly powerful spells on yourself if you're a vampire.
    The Necromage + Vampire combo also affects all on-self enchantments.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 7 (list)

35. Post #3195
    screamin 4 da gold
    January 2010
    7,044 Posts
    I'm doing one right now, you'll have some nice illusion benefits if you like watching people kill each other. The sneaking bonus is nice aswell, although I hardly use any of the powers you get.

And don't worry about everyone hating you, you can just cast calm on everything. I think they'll make them non-agressive in the dawnguard dlc though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #3196
    September 2010
    6,626 Posts
    Jesus. So if I become a vampire, it fits me perfectly. I'm doing a stealthmage type thing. Oh boy I can't wait to get to Alduin and Dremora.

37. Post #3197
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,665 Posts
    Oh god, of course the DLC adds a bunch of neat Werewolf stuff including an awesome looking skill tree. Shame I stopped playing my werewolf character a while ago, werewolves are awesome :(

And there's no way he'd be compatable with a current playthrough, because I'm using some really outdated mods for him.

I guess my next best option would be to start on my hunter character, and make him a werewolf by the time he gets to level 10

38. Post #3198
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    10,634 Posts
    Unfortunately I don't think there will be any vampire werewolves without mods...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #3199
    February 2009
    3,880 Posts
    So I've got that dark nights and dungeons mod on, and I'm taking a stole through the woods at night to test it out. See this arch sticking up out of the ground and I go over to investigate it. A spriggan peals its self off of the one if the inside walls. Scariest fucking thing ever.

40. Post #3200
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    5,831 Posts
    Anyone know a mod that adds a requirement to eat and drink? I love the cooking and I wish it was more useful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)