1. Post #6881
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    3,838 Posts
    You guys playing Morrowind should really get that mod that delays the Dark Brotherhood attacks until later on, so you don't kill them and are able to continuously sell the gear and makes tons of money.

shit pageking, have dual wielding energy swords (courtesy of the nexus)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 11Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #6882
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,770 Posts
    There needs to be a non-vampire lord version of choke because that spell is fun as fuck.
    Yeah, but how is grabbing an NPC, making him temporarily unable to engage combat and throwing him away possibly applying physical damage from the environment (in which high velocity plates have suggested is extremely dangerous) all while draining the NPCs health actually balanced?

I should probably add that this effect is in the CK as the "grab actor" archetype, but what it currently seems to do is blasting actors away from you. I wonder if it under specific circumstances may actually work as it should or if that code is let out like the vampire lord archetype.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

3. Post #6883
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    14,599 Posts
    Guys I need your help

Where can I edit kill move conditions? I know someone here was able to make it so only first person kill moves trigger, but I can't find ANYWHERE in the CK where I can edit kill moves. Would be very useful to have, otherwise you'll no longer be able to decapitate in my mod.
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/10906/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

4. Post #6884
    November 2010
    5,260 Posts
    Yeah, but how is grabbing an NPC, making him temporarily unable to engage combat and throwing him away possibly applying physical damage from the environment (in which high velocity plates have suggested is extremely dangerous) all while draining the NPCs health actually balanced?

I should probably add that this effect is in the CK as the "grab actor" archetype, but what it currently seems to do is blasting actors away from you. I wonder if it under specific circumstances may actually work as it should or if that code is let out like the vampire lord archetype.
    But what if I want to be a Sith Lord?

UNLIMITED POWEEEER!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #6885
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,792 Posts

You do realise having a mana system means you don't need to balance spells right? You just increase the mana cost, it's simple.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

6. Post #6886
    USER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM REALITY - RETRY CONNECTION IN 5 MINUTES
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts
    You do realise having a mana system means you don't need to balance spells right? You just increase the mana cost, it's simple.
    That was definitely the justification in Morrowind.

Then they implemented a system where you could increase your mana pool with alchemy, and the ability to make your potions better with the same alchemy skill.

7. Post #6887
    May 2011
    6,435 Posts
    There needs to be a non-vampire lord version of choke because that spell is fun as fuck.
    There's a choke spell?
    Oh fuck, I'm so being a Sith Lord.

8. Post #6888
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,720 Posts
    No offense, but I was looking for how something like this is possible to do in the CK, not for a mod. I already know about that mod, it doesn't really help my issue. Reading comprehension is your friend

9. Post #6889
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts
    No offense, but I was looking for how something like this is possible to do in the CK, not for a mod. I already know about that mod, it doesn't really help my issue. Reading comprehension is your friend
    Is there a way to open the plugin file and see what it changes? If so, you might wanna try that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #6890
    June 2009
    475 Posts

Balance really isn't much of an issue on Elder Scrolls games, if you think it's unbalanced, don't use it. It's always nice to leave the option there for people who want to be overpowered Sith lords.

I mean, in Oblivion you could make yourself have 100% chameleon constantly with 5 grand soul gems and some armour.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #6891
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    14,599 Posts
    I'm tired.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #6892
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    10,875 Posts
    Patch 1.7 isn't very interesting just fixes for crash bugs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

13. Post #6893

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    Is there a way to open the plugin file and see what it changes? If so, you might wanna try that.
    Yeah, there's a way, and there's also a way to actually undo changes completely so that it doesn't save the change into the esp file, thus preventing dirty edits.

Just go to the Data page, select the file, and click "Details". Don't do this to the master files though, it'll take fucking ages.

On a side note, why does Morrowind's construction kit load super fast while the Oblivion construction kit and Skyrim's Creation Kit are slow as molasses?

14. Post #6894
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,720 Posts
    There is but it requires you to know where to look first. When you open a mod up in the CK it'll look like normal, the only change will be that anything that was added/changed from the master file will have a "*" next to it in the user column.

Seeing as I can't find where you change anything reguarding kill moves in detail, and that I believe I remember seeing a screenshot of this being edited in a different window within the CK (which doesn't track changes a mod makes, only the main window does), I don't think it would be of much use

15. Post #6895
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts
    Who the fuck designed these Nordic Burial Grounds?

"Hey guys let's prevent grave robbers by putting up stone turning puzzles in front of key areas!"

"Yea! And we will put the answers right behind the stone! They will never think to look there!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

16. Post #6896
    January 2010
    9,829 Posts

"Hey guys let's prevent grave robbers by putting up stone turning puzzles in front of key areas!"

"Yea! And we will put the answers right behind the stone! They will never think to look there!"
    all nordic puzzles were designed by 5 year olds made to fool the 2 year olds
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #6897
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,592 Posts

Oh hey

guys

guys listen

guys

ok so

guys

so we put the "password" to the puzzle

guys you getting this?

we put it on the back of the key!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

18. Post #6898
    If clothing didn't exist and everyone walked around with their penises fully erect I would have all the bitches.
    May 2009
    23,336 Posts
    So since I was heavily over-encumbered I decided to drop the 4 Dwemer Cogs I was carrying for some reason in the Dawnguard fortress.

Next thing you know the newest recruit is running up to me saying
    "HEY MANN, YOU DROPPED THIS BRO, YOU SHOULD BE MORE CAREFUL MAN SOMEONE MIGHT STEAL IT, MAN."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

19. Post #6899
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts
    So since I was heavily over-encumbered I decided to drop the 4 Dwemer Cogs I was carrying for some reason in the Dawnguard fortress.

Next thing you know the newest recruit is running up to me saying
    "HEY MANN, YOU DROPPED THIS BRO, YOU SHOULD BE MORE CAREFUL MAN SOMEONE MIGHT STEAL IT, MAN.
    You know what you have to do now right?

New Quest Added: Play fetch

20. Post #6900
    March 2009
    17 Posts
    Lacks lens-flares and seizure lights.. Oh god what have I done.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #6901
    Creator of the Gold Member Times
    November 2011
    1,619 Posts

They're actually meant to keep the Draugr in. It's so people can easily traverse the chambers, but Draugr can't. I read that in some in game book a few months ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Informative Informative x 2 (list)

22. Post #6902
    January 2010
    9,829 Posts
    They're actually meant to keep the Draugr in. It's so people can easily traverse the chambers, but Draugr can't. I read that in some in game book a few months ago.
    What was the point in keeping dragur in if there's usually, if not always, draugr on both sides of the door?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #6903
    MAD FAB LURKER
    June 2006
    461 Posts
    What was the point in keeping dragur in if there's usually, if not always, draugr on both sides of the door?
    Key word is "meant to" here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

24. Post #6904
    January 2010
    9,829 Posts
    Key word is "meant to" here.
    they kept draugr in coffins on the other side of the door as well. Recall Bleak Falls Barrow.

25. Post #6905
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    14,599 Posts
    Has anyone in a fantasy game considered cremation? Because I don't think there's ever been a tome where they dead just stayed dead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

26. Post #6906
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts
    So...Why not just put a door with a lever? Why do they have to implement an idiotic puzzle system when they could just put a button or a chain next to a gate?

27. Post #6907
    Creator of the Gold Member Times
    November 2011
    1,619 Posts
    Skyrim's a boring place. There's just snow and gray. The nords have to do something to occupy themselves. Like building intricate burial systems.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

28. Post #6908
    January 2010
    9,829 Posts
    Skyrim's a boring place. There's just snow and gray. The nords have to do something to occupy themselves. Like building intricate burial systems.
    they could've done a thousand other things to entertain themselves but they couldnt and they they were so stupid they decided to do that and the difficulty of the puzzles reflect that

Edited:

they prob got bored making around the puzzle making part of the construction chamber and decided "fuck it"

29. Post #6909
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts
    So instead of building wonderful marvels of architecture and engineering, instead of creating huge fortresses or magnificent boats, instead of perfecting agriculture and feeding their population, they create glorified graveyards.

Well, this is a fantasy game so I guess it makes sense.

30. Post #6910
    January 2010
    9,829 Posts
    the ghosts are p stupid too. in ysgramor's tomb the companion ghosts could walk out the wall and fight be but couldn't phase through a door

31. Post #6911
    If clothing didn't exist and everyone walked around with their penises fully erect I would have all the bitches.
    May 2009
    23,336 Posts
    So I'm just sperlunking random caves filled with bandits as a werewolf for their tasty hearts.
    I then reach the end of a cave, and it's filled with Alikir warriors from that one quest where you find the redguard woman. They're all chilled out, not even giving a fuck while I'm in werewolf form.

One of them even fucking cracked a joke by saying "Maybe you should remember putting your pants on before leaving the house"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 18 (list)

32. Post #6912
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,792 Posts
    So I'm just sperlunking random caves filled with bandits as a werewolf for their tasty hearts.
    I then reach the end of a cave, and it's filled with Alikir warriors from that one quest where you find the redguard woman. They're all chilled out, not even giving a fuck while I'm in werewolf form.

One of them even fucking cracked a joke by saying "Maybe you should remember putting your pants on before leaving the house"
    They made fun of your glorious male physique, kill them all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

33. Post #6913
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,332 Posts
    I am wondering, if you could, would you allow Potema to be revived? Even though she is a very evil bitch empress, she is also a Septim, and probably would be able to take down the Dominion. Then again, she was trying to kill you.

Hate to admit it, but with an Imperial character, I would not only allow it, but probably try to help revive her.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #6914
    January 2010
    9,829 Posts
    I am wondering, if you could, would you allow Potema to be revived? Even though she is a very evil bitch empress, she is also a Septim, and probably would be able to take down the Dominion. Then again, she was trying to kill you.

Hate to admit it, but with an Imperial character, I would not only allow it, but probably try to help revive her.
    solve one problem to have an even bigger one.

since she is a necromancer she would prob just resurrect the Dominion and create a super-undead army, adding to the undead under her control in Skyrim.

35. Post #6915
    May 2009
    23,336 Posts
    They made fun of your glorious male physique, kill them all.
    I did.
    I also somehow ended up in the reach. On my way there I ate some goats, Forsworn, Elk, Cavebears, and 2 trolls fighting eachother.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

36. Post #6916
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    2,045 Posts

So I just finished the Imperial Legion quest line and I decided to sit on Ulfric's Throne.

Also,

Skyrim Weddings.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16 (list)

37. Post #6917
    November 2010
    1,319 Posts
    Just try out some new mod, I love Plush Backpack mod. Cute backpack and free hilarious armor.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Thailand Show Events Funny Funny x 20Winner Winner x 6 (list)

38. Post #6918
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    1,476 Posts
    What are enchanted weapons? Are those the weapons which glow and have some sort of perk to them?

Such as scorching war hammers etc..??

Cause my weight is beyond heavy and I need to sell some crap. Only thing left is weapons. I want to keep my potions, spell books, scrolls. So I need to drop some weapons.

It's so hard cause a lot of em I like and have that glowing crap on it. But some I don't use at all and especially my staffs since I have basically not used any magic at all.

But I heard enchanted weapons were worth keeping. Well I got some glowing weapons which I don't use ... is there an alternative to selling them? Or is it suggested I just sell them seeing as I don't use them along with the staffs and they're taking up too much weight.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

39. Post #6919
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2007
    4,333 Posts
    What are enchanted weapons?
    Uh, exactly what they sound like. Weapons with magical enchantments.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

40. Post #6920
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    1,476 Posts
    Uh, exactly what they sound like. Weapons with magical enchantments.
    Yeah but could you be more specific.

I went into specifics in my post cause I was wondering.

I'm new to Skyrim and I know there is an over abundance of things in the world. So I was wondering if what I had were enchanted weapons or is that is a whole new thing I haven't discovered yet since I'm in still a low level character.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events