1. Post #8361
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,534 Posts
    Why does the Steel Crossbow have the foot loop if it has the crank on top for it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #8362
    Kawaii Member
    July 2005
    16,914 Posts
    Do you have asis or wrye bash?
    I think I do. If not, I'll grab it and throw up a compatibility patch, maybe that'll solve the crash.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

3. Post #8363
    Eh?
    May 2007
    2,269 Posts
    Well, I just bought Dawnguard eight hours ago and just completed it... it was well worth $20, I thought.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

4. Post #8364
    Creator of the Gold Member Times
    November 2011
    1,619 Posts
    Did you read the book, The Aetherium Wars, in Dawnguard? If you haven't, go back and do that now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #8365
    June 2008
    466 Posts
    Why does the Steel Crossbow have the foot loop if it has the crank on top for it?
    i was wondering the same thing. probably because it looks cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

6. Post #8366
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    2,283 Posts
    Close combat. If someone tries to kick you, just hook their foot with that thing and flip 'em on their back. Checkmate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 6Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #8367
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,329 Posts
    Serana turned me into a vampire lord, but there's something screwwy. It made my hood disappear, although it still equipped, and whenever the hood is equipped it makes me bald. Anyone else having similar problems? Is there a fix? This is really killing my vampire lord mojo.
    If anyone else is having this problem, I've found a fix. Seems to work just fine.

Now I'm just debating whether I want to be a vampire or not, from a character perspective. I've always seen mine has always been a kind of undead/demon/vampire hunter the whole time, so turning into one would be a bit awkward. Perhaps with the reason Serana gives you about going into Soul Cairn, but the alternative is too easy. I started playing through Soul Cairn without being turned though, and it does seem like being turned is the canon way to go.

Question: When you cure vampirism (and especially vampire lord-ism), does it revert your face to look normal or does it stay like in Oblivion? I do mean all changes to the face; the glowing eyes, the sunken cheeks, what scarring there is if there is any like there is for normal vampirism, etc... I can always just use mods, but I'd prefer it if I could change back and just have my character look normal, although I think in Oblivion that was just a bug that never got fixed.

8. Post #8368
    March 2010
    3,114 Posts
    Does anyone here, after finishing a playthrough, go add an NPC version of there old character into the world? It's sounds like a fun thing to do for RPing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 9Agree Agree x 4Useful Useful x 1 (list)

9. Post #8369
    Creator of the Gold Member Times
    November 2011
    1,619 Posts
    Does anyone here, after finishing a playthrough, go add an NPC version of there old character into the world? It's sounds like a fun thing to do for RPing.
    Yes I did that for my first ten characters (one of every race)

Edited:

If anyone else is having this problem, I've found a fix. Seems to work just fine.

Now I'm just debating whether I want to be a vampire or not, from a character perspective. I've always seen mine has always been a kind of undead/demon/vampire hunter the whole time, so turning into one would be a bit awkward. Perhaps with the reason Serana gives you about going into Soul Cairn, but the alternative is too easy. I started playing through Soul Cairn without being turned though, and it does seem like being turned is the canon way to go.

Question: When you cure vampirism (and especially vampire lord-ism), does it revert your face to look normal or does it stay like in Oblivion? I do mean all changes to the face; the glowing eyes, the sunken cheeks, what scarring there is if there is any like there is for normal vampirism, etc... I can always just use mods, but I'd prefer it if I could change back and just have my character look normal, although I think in Oblivion that was just a bug that never got fixed.
    Well, if you want to go back to the Soul Cairn    after the main quest to bring back Serana's mother then I'm pretty sure the only way to go back is by becoming a vampire. Pretty sure you can't do the soulgem trick twice   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #8370
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,041 Posts
    If I knew anything on how to use the creation kit I totally would, I very well might learn how to do it just for something like this.

11. Post #8371
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,534 Posts
    Close combat. If someone tries to kick you, just hook their foot with that thing and flip 'em on their back. Checkmate.
    That sounds completely ridiculous.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #8372
    January 2005
    91 Posts
    Maybe if you're not strong enough and you need that extra leverage.

Or, they made the crossbow with the foot loop model first, decided the morrowind animation for reloading a crossbow was stupid, and added in the hand crank + animation.

I would've liked a flip over enemy perk with crossbows.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

13. Post #8373
    AT NIGHT I GET SO LONELY I JERK IT FURIOUSLY TO THE SIMS
    August 2009
    6,816 Posts
    "Where'd you come from?" Just shut up, Serana...

Edited:

I just checked something, because I thought Serana's voice sounded familliar

Laura Bailey has done both of them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Informative Informative x 8Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #8374
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,320 Posts
    "Where'd you come from?" Just shut up, Serana...

Edited:

I just checked something, because I thought Serana's voice sounded familliar

Laura Baily has done both of them
    Don't forget fCourier.

Still waiting till its on sale, or the ultimate edition.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

15. Post #8375
    May 2011
    2,640 Posts
    I'd like to get Anwen to stop going back to the temple of Dibella; it is true what they say about marrying monks and nuns...

Anyway, tried removing the AI packages in the CK, and removing her from the Dibella Temple faction. Any ideas?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

16. Post #8376
    June 2008
    466 Posts
    That sounds completely ridiculous.
    i think he was joking.

unless youre joking.

in which case i am also joking.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #8377
    June 2008
    466 Posts

dawnguard heavy armor is best armor ever

oh crap double post. I thought fp auto merged posts? or is that only when theyre made within a couple minutes of each other?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #8378
    AT NIGHT I GET SO LONELY I JERK IT FURIOUSLY TO THE SIMS
    August 2009
    6,816 Posts
    It makes a seperate post after 1 hour I think

but yeah, it's fucking amazing armor, pretty much my favourite
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

19. Post #8379
    March 2010
    3,114 Posts
    Did Dawnguard add lycanthropy perk tree?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

20. Post #8380
    June 2008
    466 Posts
    Did Dawnguard add lycanthropy perk tree?
    yep
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

21. Post #8381
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    12,341 Posts
    Welp, Dawnguard decided to utterly break my game. I can't play it now, worked fine before but now when I load ANY save it crashes instently, starting a new game give me an error about the holds being undefined or something.
    This is happening with or without mods, and even if I turn off Dawnguard. What is going on?

22. Post #8382
    August 2011
    696 Posts
    Why the hell does Isran have to be essential after beating Dawnguard with the Vampires?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

23. Post #8383
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,534 Posts
    Why the hell does Isran have to be essential after beating Dawnguard with the Vampires?
    I don't like him either.

After beating Dawnguard, He just popped into the room and said "The beast is dead" and left the room. Some ending, at least a Thanks would have been nice.    
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #8384
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    10,277 Posts

Is that... fur growing out of your ears?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 20 (list)

25. Post #8385
    June 2007
    2,200 Posts
    What the hell was Bethesda thinking when they added these vampire attacks into the DLC. I don't want to have all the NPCs die to vampires that keep spawning all the time, at this rate all the cities in my game are going to be completely dead except for generic guards.

Is there any way around this? Apparently the attacks don't end even if you finish the Dawnguard quest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

26. Post #8386
    June 2008
    4,616 Posts
    I really do wish they priced Dawnguard cheaper.

The Fallout 3/New Vegas DLCs were a few pounds less and were (mostly) better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

27. Post #8387
    July 2009
    1,298 Posts
    Can someone confirm that these are working for me?
    I've tested them a lot myself but some people on the workshop have said it's crashed their game.

(Dawnguard required for both)
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...s/?id=87763038
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...s/?id=87783605

If someone could get back to me with a definite on if these work when downloaded from the workshop I'd REALLY appreciate it.

28. Post #8388
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    12,519 Posts
    What the hell was Bethesda thinking when they added these vampire attacks into the DLC. I don't want to have all the NPCs die to vampires that keep spawning all the time, at this rate all the cities in my game are going to be completely dead except for generic guards.

Is there any way around this? Apparently the attacks don't end even if you finish the Dawnguard quest.
    they do end afterwards, dont worry
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

29. Post #8389
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,027 Posts
    Well, if you want to go back to the Soul Cairn    after the main quest to bring back Serana's mother then I'm pretty sure the only way to go back is by becoming a vampire. Pretty sure you can't do the soulgem trick twice   
       Serena's mom told me that I shouldn't have any problems returning because the Soul Cairn "absorbed part of you, and then filled that void with itself" or something to that effect. I'm not far enough into the quest to know if you can re-open the portal or not, though.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #8390
    October 2007
    505 Posts
    Can someone confirm that these are working for me?
    I've tested them a lot myself but some people on the workshop have said it's crashed their game.

(Dawnguard required for both)
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...s/?id=87763038
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...s/?id=87783605

If someone could get back to me with a definite on if these work when downloaded from the workshop I'd REALLY appreciate it.
    Works for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #8391
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,284 Posts
    I can't leave Labyrinthian, every time I try, my game crashes.

This is at the main door. If I try leaving at the exit past the priest, a loading screen will go through, and I end up in the same room I just tried to leave.

Edited:

Bringing up the map crashes it too. :l

32. Post #8392
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,629 Posts
    I can't leave Labyrinthian, every time I try, my game crashes.

This is at the main door. If I try leaving at the exit past the priest, a loading screen will go through, and I end up in the same room I just tried to leave.
    Have you tried backtracking through the entire dungeon and exiting through the main door?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

33. Post #8393
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,284 Posts
    This is at the main door.
    Edited:

Yep, now it just straight-up crashes.

34. Post #8394
    July 2010
    3,697 Posts
    Well, I just bought Dawnguard eight hours ago and just completed it... it was well worth $20, I thought.
    Why didn't you get it for $15? There was a voucher code that Delta posted a couple of times that's used for GMG.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

35. Post #8395
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,109 Posts
    Mind making a little tutorial on how to do that? Sounds like it would be awesome.

Edited:

I wish there was an option to turn off helmets. I hate every helmet in the game, and I spend so much time creating my characters that putting a helmet on and hiding it just seems like a waste.
    I think you'll like this mod.

36. Post #8396

November 2009
    939 Posts
    do the side quests for the vamps for a while    then you will get a quest to wipe out the dawnguard who live there   

Serena's mom told me that I shouldn't have any problems returning because the Soul Cairn "absorbed part of you, and then filled that void with itself" or something to that effect. I'm not far enough into the quest to know if you can re-open the portal or not, though.   
    it stays open forever and either way you can go in when ever you want
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

37. Post #8397
    November 2011
    2,610 Posts
    am i kawaii uguuu~
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

38. Post #8398
    June 2011
    8,351 Posts
    I'm thinking of trying to make a mod that fully integrates crossbows with the original game.

What I want to do,
    1. Add crossbows to the level and loot lists, higher level bandits and Imperial troops would carry them for example
    2. Weapon merchants sell them & they're craftable (without doing the Dawnguard quests)
    3. New crossbow perks within the Archery tree
    4. Maybe add one in the starting area

I have no idea how to do half this stuff, are there any tutorials out there for adding & modifying perks?

39. Post #8399
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,587 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

40. Post #8400
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,535 Posts
    Holy crap this is a lot of work

(tamriel for m&b warband, WIP)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 16 (list)