1. Post #4161
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,747 Posts
    I know the Dragonborn is a Mary Sue, but having 5 arms is just pushing it.
    This kind of reminds me, if it was possible to make Argonians and Khajiit to use their tails as arms to hold weapons, it needs to be a mod.

Anyway, I tried ~realistic~ lighting today and I have to say, when I started the game it looked like an ENB setting... then it started raining:

As you can see, the fog just create a wall of nope and I got really disorientated because I could not see anything 5 meters in front of me, this is not how fog works in real life.

Also, the interiors are a bit too dark, where you end up getting the unrealistic bright circle from lights that does not fade away, they just stop. Also, if you see that silhouette in the image below, that is a person.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #4162
    Ask me about my everything fetish.
    August 2006
    3,497 Posts
    They've already announced that they're going to add dragon bone weapons if you already didn't know.
    That should come in handy if I ever roll a 2-handed melee focused character, dragon bone armor looks pretty sick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #4163
    THIS DIDN'T WORK AT ALL
    December 2009
    3,224 Posts
    Where is a good place to find mods other than the steam workshop?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #4164
    August 2006
    3,497 Posts
    Where is a good place to find mods other than the steam workshop?
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/

Avoid the adult stuff, it's for your own good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #4165
    THIS DIDN'T WORK AT ALL
    December 2009
    3,224 Posts
    One more question. What Realistic lighting mods do you guys recommend?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #4166
    February 2012
    2,751 Posts
    Weird. Corpses are disappearing a lot faster for me for some reason. Corpses disappear only seconds after they die.
    They are reanimating and rising from the grave bro, you might wanna watch out as the undead plot to get revenge on the one who sent them to a early grave.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #4167
    Creator of the Gold Member Times
    November 2011
    1,619 Posts
    To be honest I'm not really a fan of most because they look good outside, but inside they're unrealistically dark.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #4168

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    To be honest I'm not really a fan of most because they look good outside, but inside they're unrealistically dark.
    It's a side effect of the fact that Realistic Lighting pretty much disables ambient lighting indoors.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #4169
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    5,651 Posts

I will download ALL THE ADULT MODS!

And then gouge my eyes out after 10 seconds of play. "Oh my god they replaced dragons with flying penis monsters! And they're raping my disturbingly waif-like character! *gouge*"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #4170
    August 2006
    3,497 Posts
    I will download ALL THE ADULT MODS!

And then gouge my eyes out after 10 seconds of play. "Oh my god they replaced dragons with flying penis monsters! And they're raping my disturbingly waif-like character! *gouge*"
    The "Male Forst Troll" mod is highly recommended when it comes to adding a nice disturbing factor to your Skyrim experience.

Wait why do I even know about that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #4171
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,866 Posts
    I had an idea, a mod that replaces Slaughterfish with penises. I bet it would be very popular on Nexus, just put a picture of animeish character swimming in water with them and bam, tons of downloads. I'd name it "Dangerous Waters" but that's already taken...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

12. Post #4172
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,747 Posts

Nexus community in general.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #4173
    August 2006
    3,497 Posts
    I had an idea, a mod that replaces Slaughterfish with penises. I bet it would be very popular on Nexus, just put a picture of animeish character swimming in water with them and bam, tons of downloads. I'd name it "Dangerous Waters" but that's already taken...
    Hell, I'd pay for that... make it so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #4174
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    5,651 Posts
    At this point I'm seriously hoping the Nexus community is the way it is for some ironic Bile Fascination thing rather than being legitimately interested in that crap.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #4175
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,866 Posts
    Hell, I'd pay for that... make it so.
    I wish I could Never tried modelling, maybe I should. Then, when I get hired at Pixar and someone asks me what my first project was, I'll answer - aquatic penises.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #4176
    June 2011
    350 Posts
    Heres a video of the shadow problem i'm having. Please forgive me for the terrible quality, I have no idea why it rendered out like that.

[URL]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #4177
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,747 Posts
    Heres a video of the shadow problem i'm having. Please forgive me for the terrible quality, I have no idea why it rendered out like that.

[URL]
    Update your graphic drivers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #4178
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    12,203 Posts
    They are reanimating and rising from the grave bro, you might wanna watch out as the undead plot to get revenge on the one who sent them to a early grave.
    That reminds me.

Any good zombie mods out yet?

19. Post #4179
    June 2011
    350 Posts
    Update your graphic drivers.
    I'll try that, thanks. - yeah it works

Edited:

That reminds me.

Any good zombie mods out yet?
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/5604
    Haven't tried it yet, the author made a mod like this for oblivion and it was awesome, but this one isn't completed yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #4180
    November 2011
    1,619 Posts
    What I want in Skyrim is a gun mod. I want a properly functioning gun akin to something you'd find in a game like Fallout, not some crappy magic shooting gun. I know that it'd be the most lore breaking awful mod, but that's exactly why I want it. Not to mention it'd be great gunning down some Stormcloaks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #4181
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,420 Posts
    Wait for fallout 4, someone will port guns back to Skyrim. That or they'll port stormcloaks into Fallout 4.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 15Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #4182
    November 2011
    1,619 Posts
    Just the idea of going through tamriel guns ablazing would be great. Same goes for fallout with swords.

23. Post #4183
    October 2009
    9,225 Posts
    What I want in Skyrim is a gun mod. I want a properly functioning gun akin to something you'd find in a game like Fallout, not some crappy magic shooting gun. I know that it'd be the most lore breaking awful mod, but that's exactly why I want it. Not to mention it'd be great gunning down some Stormcloaks.
    It's been done, to a degree. Ala War Hammer 40k, and a Dwemer gun.

In other news, I started my 4th Skyrim playthrough. I'm an Orsimer, visually styled after the legendary Darmani. I plan to specialize in light armor, and dual-wielding axes. I started out in an Orsimer Stronghold, but I felt like I needed something more than this old mine. Before a left, a fellow member asked me to give a sword to her daughter that left the stronghold beforehand, as a message of the mother's shame and sadness. Afterwards, I might check out what else is going on...

24. Post #4184

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    I just want a game that mixes together Fable and the Elder Scrolls' best parts. Open world RPG with renaissance/steampunk technology. Lots of awesome guns.

25. Post #4185
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,747 Posts
    I just want a game that mixes together Fable and the Elder Scrolls' best parts. Open world RPG with renaissance/steampunk technology. Lots of awesome guns.
    So a Dwemer-era ES game?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #4186
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    16,539 Posts
    Anybody tried the updated Skyrim Online? Looks good to me, haven't tried it yet though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #4187
    October 2008
    3,849 Posts
    I'd be willing to try it with someone. Looks pretty sweet.

28. Post #4188
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,866 Posts
    So a Dwemer-era ES game?
    I'd love to see that happen someday.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 5Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #4189
    January 2010
    2,107 Posts
    Any mods that add a lot more hours to the game? I'm so fucking bored.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #4190
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,595 Posts
    I installed the skyrim monster mod with the lore-friendly addon and it's made the game a fair bit more entertaining, breathed some life into it. No more dungeons full of the exact same draugr/falmer/etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #4191
    March 2012
    1,701 Posts

Aww, some of them are good anyway. Calling me a pervert only makes look better because
    people look at naked ladies on the internet. :p
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #4192
    October 2009
    9,225 Posts

Any idea what's up with this?

33. Post #4193

August 2011
    5,969 Posts

Any idea what's up with this?
    What exactly are you installing there? Might be a mod that's too large, although I doubt it.

Or...um...are you out of memory? Have you messed with anything involving virtual memory? Have you performed a large number of actions with the Mod Manager in a short timeframe? - sometimes it's just buggy like that.

34. Post #4194
    March 2012
    1,701 Posts
    Anyone tried that Skyrim Online on the workshop yet?

35. Post #4195
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,584 Posts
    Any mods that add a lot more hours to the game? I'm so fucking bored.
    There are a few small quest mods but nothing really major. Making quests in the CK is like doing surgery

while blindfolded

with no hands

and with spiders in your shoes

while on fire
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 11Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #4196
    October 2009
    9,225 Posts
    What exactly are you installing there? Might be a mod that's too large, although I doubt it.

Or...um...are you out of memory? Have you messed with anything involving virtual memory? Have you performed a large number of actions with the Mod Manager in a short timeframe? - sometimes it's just buggy like that.
    (Assuming you mean HDD memory)
    I got 452 GB left. It's Skyrim Monster Mod, haven't touched virtual memory, and it happens every time I try it. I'll try it again, just to be sure, though...

And I doubt it's my mod number. You can see the large scroll bar.

Edited:

Yep, still happens.

37. Post #4197
    August 2006
    3,497 Posts
    I installed the skyrim monster mod with the lore-friendly addon and it's made the game a fair bit more entertaining, breathed some life into it. No more dungeons full of the exact same draugr/falmer/etc.
    Speaking of monster mod-like mods, this looks pretty damn neat as well: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/18997

The models seem to be a quite a bit better than a LOT of the monster mod monster's, plus a load new boss monsters.

38. Post #4198
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,595 Posts
    Anyone tried that Skyrim Online on the workshop yet?
    Needs registration and crap like that but I might try it. He really needs to release a coop client or something to play with friends.

Why in gods name would you go through the trouble of making netcode and an interface for something that is probably going to be a terrible MMO attempt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #4199
    October 2009
    9,225 Posts
    (Assuming you mean HDD memory)
    I got 452 GB left. It's Skyrim Monster Mod, haven't touched virtual memory, and it happens every time I try it. I'll try it again, just to be sure, though...

And I doubt it's my mod number. You can see the large scroll bar.

Edited:

Yep, still happens.
    I tried another mod, and that one worked. This one still won't.

40. Post #4200
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,595 Posts
    Tried out skyrim online, I really don't think they are going to get far. Players walk around and stuff but that's really as far as it goes. It spawns player npcs in your location and they move around, beyond that everything is still client-side.

I mean, I think they *could* pull off a smaller coop mod, but to actually launch this into an MMO? I don't think so. Not to mention the fact that skyrim as an MMO would be very questionable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)