1. Post #5121
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,520 Posts
    I'm very much in the mood to play skyrim as an evil wizard guy right now, but I've not played in months and need to update my mod library - a task suited for a day, not suited for a tired person at 11:30pm :(

On that note, anything that makes playing an evil wizard guy fun? I don't seem to remember any real quests/questlines/things to do in Skyrim that actually let you be an evil wizard sans zapping a town.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #5122
    If clothing didn't exist and everyone walked around with their penises fully erect I would have all the bitches.
    May 2009
    22,872 Posts
    I am angry because I leveled up to level 100 destruction for the lightning storm spell. It is extremely hard to use because you cant see shit when you use it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

3. Post #5123
    Creator of the Gold Member Times
    November 2011
    1,619 Posts
    you mean the kamehameha? i thought it'd be like the frost spell, you know, being an actual storm, but no it's just an overglorified kamehameha.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #5124
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,866 Posts
    You must not have looked hard enough.
    It's been done, In Morrowind no less.
    By the Nine, who would do such a thing? Daedric armor is supposed to be intimidating!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #5125
    Dennab
    January 2012
    336 Posts
    I'm very much in the mood to play skyrim as an evil wizard guy right now, but I've not played in months and need to update my mod library - a task suited for a day, not suited for a tired person at 11:30pm :(

On that note, anything that makes playing an evil wizard guy fun? I don't seem to remember any real quests/questlines/things to do in Skyrim that actually let you be an evil wizard sans zapping a town.
    What kind of evil? Im gonna have sex with your body then eat your organs evil,Or im gonna make you part of my zombie army?

6. Post #5126
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    5,601 Posts
    By the Nine, who would do such a thing? Daedric armor is supposed to be intimidating!
    I'd be intimidated if I saw what sort of hambeast would make that kind of shit, does that count?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #5127
    October 2008
    3,662 Posts
    I want poleaxes, staffs, pikes, and the requisite thrusting/stabbing/clobbering animations :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #5128
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,866 Posts
    I'd be intimidated if I saw what sort of hambeast would make that kind of shit, does that count?
    Is it a Daedric hambeast? If so, then probably. Otherwise said hambeast is likely as intimidating as the girls in the pictures up there.

9. Post #5129
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    14,402 Posts
    I just started playing again, and forgot how much I wanted to find the man who thought immobilizing the player so he can be "finished off" by what would have been an easily avoidable attack was a good idea, and throw him into the fires of Mt. Doom and rid the world from his twisted evil forever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

10. Post #5130

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    I just started playing again, and forgot how much I wanted to find the man who thought immobilizing the player so he can be "finished off" by what would have been an easily avoidable attack was a good idea, and throw him into the fires of Mt. Doom and rid the world from his twisted evil forever.
    There are mods that disable NPC killmoves. Unfortunately they disable all NPC killmoves, not just ones against the player.

11. Post #5131
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    14,402 Posts
    There are mods that disable NPC killmoves. Unfortunately they disable all NPC killmoves, not just ones against the player.
    Eh, I'm not going to miss my character awkwardly staring into space for several seconds after killing someone either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

12. Post #5132
    I want poleaxes, staffs, pikes, and the requisite thrusting/stabbing/clobbering animations :(
    You and half the nexus.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

13. Post #5133
    November 2011
    1,619 Posts
    Is it a Daedric hambeast? If so, then probably. Otherwise said hambeast is likely as intimidating as the girls in the pictures up there.

Daedric hambeast you say?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

14. Post #5134
    If clothing didn't exist and everyone walked around with their penises fully erect I would have all the bitches.
    May 2009
    22,872 Posts
    I pissed off Farkas with my lightning cloak.

Calm isn't doing shit, what do I do?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

15. Post #5135
    I pissed off Farkas with my lightning cloak.

Calm isn't doing shit, what do I do?
    Throw him a squeaky toy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 10Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #5136
    May 2009
    22,872 Posts
    Throw him a squeaky toy.
    I threw him a sweetroll - Nothing
    I threw him a pelvis - Nothing
    I bribed him with silver ore - Nothing
    I turned him into a chicken - Nothing

Reverted last save
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #5137
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,520 Posts
    What kind of evil? Im gonna have sex with your body then eat your organs evil,Or im gonna make you part of my zombie army?
    Thinking more demonic or zombie or just "I want to rule" type of evil

18. Post #5138
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,866 Posts

Daedric hambeast you say?
    Well there you go, that's...vaguely intimidating. It's definitely a Daedric hambeast.

19. Post #5139
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    3,138 Posts

It's basically impossible to have a distinct character in Skyrim. Every part of the game is more or less completely devoid of character development opportunities.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #5140
    November 2011
    1,619 Posts
    It's basically impossible to have a distinct character in Skyrim. Every part of the game is more or less completely devoid of character development opportunities.
    The guilds suffer from this the most. After replaying Morrowind it was great not having a main quest in the Mage's guild. I had to do quests for different people in order to rank up. There was really only one quest that everyone has to do and that's procuring a wizard's staff. Thing I'm getting at is in Skyrim you have to be a badass evil thalmor stopping doomsday preventer in order to become archmage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

21. Post #5141

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    The guilds suffer from this the most. After replaying Morrowind it was great not having a main quest in the Mage's guild. I had to do quests for different people in order to rank up. There was really only one quest that everyone has to do and that's procuring a wizard's staff. Thing I'm getting at is in Skyrim you have to be a badass evil thalmor stopping doomsday preventer in order to become archmage.
    I also liked how when you completed the Balmora mage guild quests you were given an iron dagger worth more gold than any merchant in the game has.

It didn't take very long to do either, I finished at level 6, and that's while dicking around in other places too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

22. Post #5142
    March 2010
    7,896 Posts
    Why not eat their organs THEN have sex with their body?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

23. Post #5143
    November 2011
    1,619 Posts
    Why not eat their organs THEN have sex with their body?
    Nah, eat the body and have sex with the organs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #5144
    Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar!
    April 2006
    15,896 Posts
    i always try to do a evil play through in fallout and tes but i never can because i feel too bad being mean

in fallout 3 i made save right before blowing up megaton so i could take the good route but still see it explode
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #5145

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    Nah, eat the body and have sex with the organs
    Too much effort for too much squishiness.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #5146
    November 2011
    1,619 Posts
    My solution to feeling bad is having a nice and caring character on the outside but a sick fuck on the inside. Walking down the road and a lady wants me to help find a thief who stole her gems? Disembowel her, find the thief, kill him, and take the gems for my self. Someone in the guild needs help? Glad to lend a member of my guild a hand. I'll probably even reward them. Course that doesn't work as well in Fallout.

27. Post #5147
    Project Lead, Internet Explorer for Linux
    October 2008
    14,420 Posts
    why is it that Skyrim refuses to work properly in Windows 8, but the exact same installation works perfectly fine in Windows 7?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

28. Post #5148
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,421 Posts
    i always try to do a evil play through in fallout and tes but i never can because i feel too bad being mean

in fallout 3 i made save right before blowing up megaton so i could take the good route but still see it explode
    Fallout 3 is the only game I can be a complete dick in, but even then I feel bad. Especially knowing that Gob dies when I blow up Megaton. :(

29. Post #5149
    November 2011
    1,619 Posts
    Raiders are easy to cut loose on. I didn't have a problem selling the kids into slavery either.

30. Post #5150
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    3,557 Posts
    Should i play morrowind vanilla or overhauled?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

31. Post #5151
    Iggy the mean Piggy
    September 2007
    9,080 Posts
    why is it that Skyrim refuses to work properly in Windows 8, but the exact same installation works perfectly fine in Windows 7?
    I'm on Windows 8 and it's running even better than on 7 for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Lithuania Show Events

32. Post #5152
    screamin 4 da gold
    January 2010
    6,704 Posts
    I wish Skyrim had dismember-able limbs. I enjoyed throwing them off cliffs, one at a time ):
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #5153
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts

halp a horker bit my arm off
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 5Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

34. Post #5154
    November 2011
    1,619 Posts
    Should i play morrowind vanilla or overhauled?
    I'd recommend keeping gameplay vanilla,but use Morrowind Overhaul mod. One mod I would recommend is Antare's Big Mod. It gives you authority as you rank up in guilds. You can send members on quests to fetch things, teach them skills, promote them, and so on. I used it and the Overhaul for my last playthrough. As well as my mod which let me create custom spells using any effect.

Edited:

halp a horker bit my arm off
    you replaced your arm with a sword? most people would use a wooden arm. badass

35. Post #5155
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts
    you replaced your arm with a sword?
    Yeah I gotta watch out next time I go to the bathroom
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

36. Post #5156
    February 2012
    2,684 Posts
    ...and then we make a DLC of some more of that content and base a few questlines on it.
    Horse Armor will be based around one hell of a quest
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

37. Post #5157
    November 2011
    1,619 Posts
    Alright, I'm gonna start a temple loving morrowind save. What kind of character should I do after that one?

38. Post #5158
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    10,283 Posts
    Are we back to bitching about stuff we've not paid for (i.e. mods)?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

39. Post #5159
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    8,013 Posts
    There were videos of goblins, spears and etcetera which were never added into skyrim.

There was also footage of the vampire powers, now featured in dawnguard among the other things they didnt include in the final game.

My bet is that this is a part of their DLC strategy, along with the CK being unable to make new skills or weapon types and alot of shit just being hardcoded so modders cant touch it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

40. Post #5160
    August 2011
    175 Posts
    For oblivion there was a mod that added some really beautifully textured high-res elven weaponry to the game. Anyone know what it was called and if the maker maybe also made one for skyrim?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events