1. Post #481
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    8,277 Posts
    I liked the mod, I only strictly played fighters up to now, so I didn't really think about the magic aspect of it.

I could easily travel in the northern part of the map given I had warmed myself up beforehand and had supplies on me just in case I need to rest somewhere with a campfire.

My biggest problem was water though, I see your point on this one, I ended up installing this mod where it's like a Huge bubble that's hiding a huge crystal castle inside of it in the northern ocean part of the game and getting there was impossible, not only did you have to swim all the way over there and I had fast travel disabled, if you actually got there without freezing to death, there wasn't any warmth inside the castle so you just died in there eventually.
    Don't get me wrong, I like the mod a lot, but I feel ignoring obvious logical things like Magic is a bit iffy. Even if you or I never use magic, it doesn't stop that our characters are all naturally magically inclined and start with several spells, one of them I believe is always Fire, and even if we roleplay that we're not magically inclined, still doesn't stop that magic is one of the big things about TES. So to completely ignore it is just a bit odd.

Yeah, water is completely fucked though, it really should do a gradual sucking of Fatigue while slowing you down and disorienting your view and than eventually lead to death, so its hard, but actually gives you a chance and doesn't fuck us over for walking in it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #482
    The Silent Rater
    November 2009
    3,266 Posts
    Yeah, just checked the wiki, that particular group shows up at Whiterun or Markarth, but I guess the camp showing up empty or them appearing without their camp is a glitch

Edited:

On another note, I found some argonian called Deekus, waited for him to go to sleep, and stole the several gems he had lying around. What I knew is he'd prob sent thugs to try and kill me.

What I wasn't expecting is for 3 thugs waiting for me downstairs in Breezehome after my character wakes up
    I remember nicking from him too, and I got the same response even though he never saw me in the first place.
    When you have a flawless emerald just lying out in the open, someone's going to pilfer it at some point.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #483
    I'm on a mission with Esbern, that other chick and Lydia, on our way to somewhere near Makarath.
    A blood dragon is blocking the way and I keep dying, suggestions?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events

4. Post #484
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,797 Posts
    I'm on a mission with Esbern, that other chick and Lydia, on our way to somewhere near Makarath.
    Throw the immortal people at it and run like hell. Also, what kind of playstyle do you have since you keep dying?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

5. Post #485
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,814 Posts
    Also, what kind of playstyle do you have since you keep dying?
    Dragons tend to rape anything but fighters.

It's actually amazing how good skyrim is when you dont even begin the main quest. Dragons account for like 60% of skyrim's roleplaying issues. Bethesda sure knows how to take a fundamentally cool idea like dragon fighting and turn it into a horribly annoying monstrosity that gets shoved into your face every time you fast travel. My absolute favorite thing is that even after defeating the fucking lord of dragons, you still get attacked by progressively worse and worse dragons. What exactly was accomplished in the main quest again?

Some 5 years after the events of Skyrim, we find dovakhiin dead in his metro condo surrounded by skooma bottles, crossbow bolt arrow through his head and a suicide note next to him saying "They just wouldn't leave me alone..."

Edited:

Lydia is terrible. Hire Jenassa or something in whiterun (the drunken huntsman) she's way better.

Just let her take the brunt of the dragons attacks while you hit it from the side. If both of you are shield-bashing the shit out of it, it'll go down quickly. Likewise if you are a mage/archer, just let her do the melee combat while you just kite away from the dragons attacks.

Edited:

Be sure to seal Lydia in some other plane of existence, too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #486
    July 2009
    6,057 Posts
    What exactly was accomplished in the main quest again?
    You prevented Alduin from eating the universe for dinner.

As for the other hostile dragons, Paarthurnax says at the end that the followers of Alduin are still out there, so I assume that's the excuse for having dragons around after the main quest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #487
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    3,606 Posts
    Yeah, killing him doesn't magically remove all the dragons from the world.

I wonder if some dragons flew to other places
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

8. Post #488
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,797 Posts
    Dragons tend to rape anything but fighters.
    Play as a mage and hotkey your starting healing spell, then keep casting it when you are engulfed in flames. Unless you think logically while being near a wall in which could protect you from fire, frost or whatever else the dragon vomits in your general direction.

If none of the two options above worked, that may just be me playing this on adept because I am confused by the balancing issues. Anyway, if you plan on playing a mage character, make sure you go as far backwards as possible while using ranged attacks so the dragon do not stuff you in its mouth, tear you apart and then throw you away as if those robes didn't taste very well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

9. Post #489
    screamin 4 da gold
    January 2010
    7,450 Posts
    I had to sacrifice a person of my choice for a quest, I chose a blade for hire in an inn and I still feel bad for killing him.

Damn my conscience.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #490
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    6,031 Posts
    I had to sacrifice a person of my choice for a quest, I chose a blade for hire in an inn and I still feel bad for killing him.

Damn my conscience.
    I remember that quest. I had Faendal for a follower at that point so I killed him. Kinda helped me because not only was he a big douche but he was dressed in Imperial Legion armor from a previous time he was following me.

11. Post #491
    July 2011
    233 Posts
    Kind of want Morrowind now that it's on sale. It's been a few years since I played it. Is PC version better than the Xbox version?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #492
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,630 Posts
    Is PC version better than the Xbox version?
    Uh, why wouldn't it be? It's a FPS RPG with mod support.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

13. Post #493
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,194 Posts

Damn my conscience.
    The person I killed was some Dunmer from the Companions. About half a game year later, I ran into him in the wild, completely alive.
    Scared the shit out of me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #494
    If clothing didn't exist and everyone walked around with their penises fully erect I would have all the bitches.
    May 2009
    23,910 Posts
    So finally it happened.
    NPC dialogue caused my Kinect to trigger a shout.

"I sell cures for all ills and I'll be happy..."

ICE FORM
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 24Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #495
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,168 Posts
    The person I killed was some Dunmer from the Companions. About half a game year later, I ran into him in the wild, completely alive.
    He's following you.

He wants your life.

He wants your soul.

He wants REVENGE.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

16. Post #496
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,172 Posts
    yeah turns out that one random guy you killed was the Nerevarine

you're fucking screwed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

17. Post #497
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,287 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #498
    July 2011
    233 Posts
    Maybe I should take this opportunity and get Morrowind. After all, the disc is a little scratched...a shame too.

19. Post #499
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,963 Posts
    Just reinstalled Morrowind with the Morrowind Overhaul. Not only am I enjoying the game again for the first time in over 8 years, but the overhaul makes it looks amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #500
    If clothing didn't exist and everyone walked around with their penises fully erect I would have all the bitches.
    May 2009
    23,910 Posts
    Storm call activated while I was talking to the Arch Mage.
    I've turned it off for good now. It's useless if it picks up game sound.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

21. Post #501
    ice cream and pussy
    March 2005
    2,014 Posts
    new skyrim character time

give me some rules
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

22. Post #502
    July 2010
    3,901 Posts
    Ultimate Follower Overhaul or Amazing Follower Tweaks?

Agree for UFO, disagree for AFT.

Trying to figure out which one is best. Can't seem to figure it out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

23. Post #503
    April 2012
    64 Posts

give me some rules
    1. Must use the Wabbajack at all times.
    2. A fine hat and fine boots must be worn at all times.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

24. Post #504
    October 2009
    9,457 Posts
    Spoilers for Dark Brotherhood
       Become a Dark Brotherhood assassin, and use the Emperor's Clothes.   

25. Post #505
    Gold Member

October 2009
    4,925 Posts

give me some rules
    if you find cabbages you must kill a person from a town or village and put them in their inventory.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

26. Post #506
    Mentally incapable of sticking to one avatar
    January 2007
    5,844 Posts

give me some rules
    You see the A and D keys on your keyboard?

Yeah, remove them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Winner Winner x 4Funny Funny x 2 (list)

27. Post #507
    November 2009
    2,143 Posts

give me some rules
    Have a mace fetish

28. Post #508
    Mentally incapable of sticking to one avatar
    January 2007
    5,844 Posts
    Have a mace fetish
    Plus Male Redguard and wearing Robes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

29. Post #509
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,461 Posts
    Someone's making a Sload.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 23Artistic Artistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #510
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    3,977 Posts
    Depends. Midas Magic is always a good shot and greatly enhances the combat with magic. Tytanis looks good as well and grants lots of opportunities. I mainly go for graphical enhancements which contains probably about 20 mods in my list by now.

Edit: A few screens (I resized them)

What graphic mod are you using which gives you that colour? it looks fucken amazing

Also have some Middle Earth mod pictures

more pictures and info at http://www.moddb.com/mods/merp-middl...laying-project I'm gonna play the shit out of this when its done.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 10Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #511
    April 2012
    64 Posts
    What graphic mod are you using which gives you that colour? it looks fucken amazing

Also have some Middle Earth mod pictures

more pictures and info at http://www.moddb.com/mods/merp-middl...laying-project I'm gonna play the shit out of this when its done.
    Oh man, Treebeard. That looks fucking amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

32. Post #512
    May 2010
    4,635 Posts
    I think it's safe to say that my Skyrim is royally borked.

That's usually the result of too little RAM, if you're using a face texture mod that is for example 2048x2048 try using a version of it that is 1024x1024.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Philippines Show Events Informative Informative x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

33. Post #513
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    18,248 Posts
    i did that once
    i still dont think i have enough gold for my bounty
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #514
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,963 Posts
    That is an amazing looking LOTR mod. Any Game of Thrones mods being made? I would love to go around Westeros.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #515
    March 2012
    1,701 Posts
    That easy if you cheat, just console and click on dragon type kill and it's dead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

36. Post #516
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,361 Posts
    That easy if you cheat, just console and click on dragon type kill and it's dead.
    I've seen dragons that could still fly around and attack people for a while even after doing that, they didn't die till they landed.

37. Post #517
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    18,248 Posts
    they cant die until they pass like 40%
    then they crash
    then theyre allowed to die
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #518
    GOD FUCKING DAMNIT
    September 2005
    1,409 Posts
    I use several mods, actually for the night there is this one, called "Enhanced Night Skyrim".

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=85
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

39. Post #519
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    3,717 Posts
    Is the workshop broken it won't show what im subscribed to
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

40. Post #520
    GOD FUCKING DAMNIT
    September 2005
    1,409 Posts
    Even though I own two retail copies of morrowind, I never got the addons. Just bought the GOTY-Edition on steam.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)