1. Post #7081
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    5,985 Posts
    I wish I could play Morrowind, but every time I load a save after I die it freezes up, and I have to use the task manager to close it.

Anyone know of a solution to this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #7082
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,267 Posts
    I wish I could play Morrowind, but every time I load a save after I die it freezes up, and I have to use the task manager to close it.

Anyone know of a solution to this?
    Your mod stack's all fucked up, yo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Thailand Show Events

3. Post #7083
    Puddin'
    November 2008
    10,350 Posts
    Dawnguard when?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

4. Post #7084
    USER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM REALITY - RETRY CONNECTION IN 5 MINUTES
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts
    Dawnguard when?
    http://www.product-reviews.net/2012/...de-ps3-launch/

Soon.

Edited:

1.7 Beta has to finish.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #7085
    May 2011
    2,643 Posts
    A week or two. Meh, I still won't be into hardcore studying, but I need Dawnguard stuff to get the mod I'm working on going strong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

6. Post #7086
    Official worst poster 2011
    June 2007
    8,470 Posts
    And then as Dawnguard launches, the inevitable horde of mods requiring paid DLC blocks out the sun as predicted by the Elder Scrolls known to modern man as "Oblivion" and "FONV".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

7. Post #7087
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts
    And then as Dawnguard launches, the inevitable horde of mods requiring paid DLC blocks out the sun as predicted by the Elder Scrolls known to modern man as "Oblivion" and "FONV".
    I have decided I will buy Dawnguard as soon as my favorite mods either update to Dawnguard, or a new awesome mod gets made for it.

8. Post #7088
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    224 Posts

I have made the toughest most badass character ever.

His name is Brandr, he is a level 19 nord and exclusively uses two handed weapons. I have died more times using this character than any other, his blocking sucks and light armor does nothing to keep you alive for long. Brandr is nothing speical...however.

There I was at valtheim towers, taking care of the bandits and their leader as a favor for the companions. I'm taking out my foes one by one and everything is going swell. Then I come to the bandit chief. This fucker has health for days and a shield that captain america would be jealous of. I'm whittling him down when all of a sudden I loose control of the camera, the chief spins gracefully into a pirouette of death and chops poor Brandr's fucking head off. Brandr's body falls off the bridge we were fighting on and lands in the river below, it's swept down stream by the current bashing down two or three mini waterfalls. Finally it comes to rest in some reeds down the way.

And so ends the valiant saga of Brandr the nord (again), may the spirit of ysgrammor guide you into the- holy shit he got back up.

Then Brandr ran back to those towers and fucked that bandit chief's shit up. That is the story of how my mundane nord barbarian became a headless force of vengance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 23Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #7089
    : |
    February 2009
    3,611 Posts
    You guys aren't missing much, Dawnguard extended the game for about two weeks at most. I even made a Vampire-centric nightblade and it only lasted so long.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #7090
    August 2011
    699 Posts
    Valtheim towers or whatever the name is my favorite place to kill people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

11. Post #7091
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts
    You guys aren't missing much, Dawnguard extended the game for about two weeks at most. I even made a Vampire-centric nightblade and it only lasted so long.
    If it adds new scripting then it is totally going to be worth it for the modding capabilities. I don't know if it does, though.

12. Post #7092
    : |
    February 2009
    3,611 Posts
    If it adds new scripting then it is totally going to be worth it for the modding capabilities. I don't know if it does, though.
    There's new animations and a couple of completely new enemy types, I don't know if that's what you meant but maybe modding increases its lifespan. The story is quite good and the locations you visit are great, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Portugal Show Events

13. Post #7093
    I PAID $9 TO TROLL THE GMF BECAUSE I ASPIRE TO BE BETTER THAN MY PROSTITUTE MOTHER WITH 9 KIDS AND DRUNKEN FATHER WHO BEATS ME EVERY NIGHT. SOMETIMES I CRY MYSELF TO SLEEP HOPING THE MODS DONT BAN ME ;__;
    July 2011
    1,242 Posts
    *Headless force of Vengance*
    What's your ENB?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

14. Post #7094
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    224 Posts
    Its actually climates of tamriel with just the godrays and shadow filtering of enb.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events

15. Post #7095
    March 2011
    3,994 Posts

I have made the toughest most badass character ever.

His name is Brandr, he is a level 19 nord and exclusively uses two handed weapons. I have died more times using this character than any other, his blocking sucks and light armor does nothing to keep you alive for long. Brandr is nothing speical...however.

There I was at valtheim towers, taking care of the bandits and their leader as a favor for the companions. I'm taking out my foes one by one and everything is going swell. Then I come to the bandit chief. This fucker has health for days and a shield that captain america would be jealous of. I'm whittling him down when all of a sudden I loose control of the camera, the chief spins gracefully into a pirouette of death and chops poor Brandr's fucking head off. Brandr's body falls off the bridge we were fighting on and lands in the river below, it's swept down stream by the current bashing down two or three mini waterfalls. Finally it comes to rest in some reeds down the way.

And so ends the valiant saga of Brandr the nord (again), may the spirit of ysgrammor guide you into the after life...wait, holy shit he got back up.

Then Brandr ran back to those towers and fucked that bandit chief's shit up. That is the story of how my mundane nord barbarian became a headless force of vengance.
    Is that armor from the workshop?

16. Post #7096
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,421 Posts
    Is that armor from the workshop?
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19733
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #7097
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    10,689 Posts
    Ahahahah, oh god, I downloaded a mod that added A Song of Ice and Fire companions across the world, and I found Daenerys. Somehow the author couldn't be assed to make her actually not an old woman, with the voice of an Orcish female.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

18. Post #7098
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts
    How do you take screenshots of your character from the front like that? Whenever I have my weapon unsheathed the mouse moves my character, not just the camera.

19. Post #7099
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,421 Posts
    How do you take screenshots of your character from the front like that? Whenever I have my weapon unsheathed the mouse moves my character, not just the camera.
    If you hold F with a weapon out you can rotate the camera. If you have your weapon sheathed and press F you can freely move the camera as long as you aren't moving. Alternatively you can open the console and type tfc 1 to freeze time and let you move the camera around anywhere. You have to be in thirdperson for tfc to work, otherwise you turn invisible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #7100
    January 2012
    1,140 Posts
    tfc 1
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

21. Post #7101
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts
    If you hold F with a weapon out you can rotate the camera. If you have your weapon sheathed and press F you can freely move the camera as long as you aren't moving. Alternatively you can open the console and type tfc 1 to freeze time and let you move the camera around anywhere. You have to be in thirdperson for tfc to work, otherwise you turn invisible.
    And I assume tfc 1 toggles it again? Or do I type tfc 0?

22. Post #7102
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,421 Posts
    And I assume tfc 1 toggles it again? Or do I type tfc 0?
    Yes, tfc 1 will toggle it again. Just typing tfc will allow free movement of the camera but it won't stop time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

23. Post #7103
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts
    Yes, tfc 1 will toggle it again. Just typing tfc will allow free movement of the camera but it won't stop time.
    Awesome thanks!

24. Post #7104
    January 2012
    1,140 Posts
    also sucsm X ( X = number, for very low speed try something like 1 or 0.5 ) change the speed of the vanity camera ( when you fly around in TFC ), if you want to take precise shots.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #7105
    If clothing didn't exist and everyone walked around with their penises fully erect I would have all the bitches.
    May 2009
    22,888 Posts
    The entire franchise is about killing gods

silly
    Watch as the next game they use the plot of God of War and kill every god.
    And have sex with Dibella.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #7106
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    17,111 Posts
    Guys I need suggestions on what kind of character to make. I've tried assassin/thief with mainly bow and sneak, I've tried warrior heavy armour, 1h+shield and some resto, I've tried pure mage. Nothing feels proper, assassin/thief is fun at first but takes way too long to go through dungeons. Warrior is ok but boring and doesn't really fit 50% of the quests from an RP perspective and as a pure mage I just die all the time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

27. Post #7107
    AKA: eightDash
    March 2008
    1,309 Posts
    Alright, so I got Morrowind in the Summer Sale. I've never played and Elder Scrolls game before. Should I mod the hell out of it or play vanilla for a bit?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

28. Post #7108
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    5,985 Posts
    Your mod stack's all fucked up, yo
    not using any mods at all.

Edited:

Alright, so I got Morrowind in the Summer Sale. I've never played and Elder Scrolls game before. Should I mod the hell out of it or play vanilla for a bit?
    vanilla's fine, IMO, if you don't mind the combat system and dated graphics. You might want a resolution mod, because it only support 4:3 monitors.

29. Post #7109
    AKA: eightDash
    March 2008
    1,309 Posts
    not using any mods at all.

Edited:

vanilla's fine, IMO, if you don't mind the combat system and dated graphics. You might want a resolution mod, because it only support 4:3 monitors.
    Yeah, resolution is all I ever change on old games. Any suggestions for a mod to do that and nothing more?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

30. Post #7110
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,866 Posts
    Morrowind Graphics Extender will sort it out, plus you might as well use the distant LOD and HDR as they don't really fuck with the vanilla feel
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #7111
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts
    Play the main quest through on vanilla, then make little check marks on all the ideas you want added to the game, then go and get all the mods your game can run.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #7112
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,735 Posts
    Playing skyrim I have just been sent to jail in winterhold (which happens to be a cage in a dungeon called The Chill and not really a prison at all) and onmund, who i used to have as a follower a LONG time ago but seemingly dissapeared and presumed death, is in the same cage exactly how i left him. This is a glitch or can followers be sent to jail?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

33. Post #7113
    March 2010
    7,896 Posts
    Well, he might be mad you left him in there for so long. So, uhh... Don't drop the soap.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #7114
    If clothing didn't exist and everyone walked around with their penises fully erect I would have all the bitches.
    May 2009
    22,888 Posts
    Protip:

Mages (Specifically Illusion, Conjuration, and Destruction) will want to stick to the Vampire Side.
    Those who are not gifted in the art of magic would want to go to the Vampire Hunter Side.

Also those who like enchanting or trying to get their enchanting up will recieve a long erection throughout a certain section of the DLC.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

35. Post #7115
    May 2011
    2,643 Posts
    Main save is a thief who uses Illusion, Conjuration and Destruction. Happens to be a vampire from time to time (and now is a keeper thanks to them Fortify Regen enchantmets). Even if transforming means losing his tail for a while.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

36. Post #7116
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts
    I started a game as a sneaky archer type.

Holy fuck the game is scary. I had my higher level character with the difficulty at "master" since the game gets really easy as you get high level, and decided to leave it this way for my archer. I sneak attack bears and take about 1/6 of their life.

The game also seems to want to spawn sabre cats and bears everywhere. I feel like I legitimately have to pick my battles now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #7117
    May 2009
    22,888 Posts
    That "Arrows that hit the shield do no damage" perk is complete bullshit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #7118
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,528 Posts
    There's new animations and a couple of completely new enemy types, I don't know if that's what you meant but maybe modding increases its lifespan. The story is quite good and the locations you visit are great, though.
    It also adds random werewolf encounters too, so it's nice just for that alone

And revamps vanilla vampirism and vampires you run into.

I think it's worth it just because it adds so much shit and fixes some existing stuff, even if you experience and finish all the new content within 1-2weeks time.

Of course I won't be buying it when it first comes out because I will be on vacation, as well as enjoying myself some Planetside 2 beta goodness.

39. Post #7119
    Stanley Kubrick's #1 Fan
    June 2010
    942 Posts
    So I was just walking around in Skyrim, about to go into Proudspire Manor, when I noticed my follower, Kharjo, was nowhere to be seen. I looked around the area, but found nothing. I used the player.moveto console command to find him, and I found him in a prison cell, in Dragonsreach. With his armor and weapons. Just hanging out in a locked cell. He also had a dead bandit right next to him. I still have no idea how this happened, although I think he might have been caught for trespassing while I was being super sneaky in a locked house. Has this happened to anyone else? I didn't even know your followers could be jailed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

40. Post #7120
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    3,061 Posts
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/20923/

This will be incredibly useful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)