1. Post #7761
    WE'VE GOT DODGSON HERE!
    August 2005
    1,931 Posts
    I'm going to hold off for a while until bugs are fixed and mods are implemented.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

2. Post #7762
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,956 Posts
    It's going to be fun when a plethora of mods are suddenly updated to Dawnguard and rendered useless for vanilla.

But think of all the vampire double Ds that will be available in a few hours
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

3. Post #7763
    November 2010
    3,360 Posts
    I see now that since the Console Master Race is finished with Dawnguard the middle class PC Race gets to have a go with it.
    (only Kidding guys, terrible joke)
    Also if you do get the DLC I would suggest using Fire Enchantments, they do the most damage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8 (list)

4. Post #7764
    May 2011
    2,695 Posts
    And plenty of those are going to have older versions. Don't worry much tho, the CK isn't very DG friendly at the moment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

5. Post #7765
    Creator of the Gold Member Times
    November 2011
    1,619 Posts
    I see now that since the Console Master Race is finished with Dawngaurd the middle class PC Race gets to have a go with it.
    The PS3 version isn't even out yet. Hell, the PS3 doesn't even have the 1.6 patch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #7766
    May 2011
    2,695 Posts
    I see now that since the Console Master Race is finished with Dawngaurd the middle class PC Race gets to have a go with it.

Also if you do get the DLC I would suggest using Fire Enchantments, they do the most damage.
    Oh how nice, you played it first with ergonomic controls. Meanwhile, in 5 years, the PC version will be seeing some play, meanwhile, how are the XBox versions of Morrowind and Oblivion faring?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Zing Zing x 6 (list)

7. Post #7767
    If clothing didn't exist and everyone walked around with their penises fully erect I would have all the bitches.
    May 2009
    23,160 Posts
    (only Kidding guys, terrible joke)
    gaurd

Is there an image for gaurd just like "ALOT"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

8. Post #7768
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    12,805 Posts
    I'm out, I have no faith in Beth anymore, this is not even close to worth 20$, better vampires and crossbows? Not enough.

Not even Jiub's return can save it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #7769
    November 2010
    3,360 Posts
    I'm out, I have no faith in Beth anymore, this is not even close to worth 20$, better vampires and crossbows? Not enough.

When I played it I found the Story to be a lot better then Skyrim's and the new sidequests also have some pretty decent Story telling in them not to mention some cool new areas.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #7770
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,415 Posts

On the bright side, even the worst of Beth's quests are better than horse armor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #7771
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,956 Posts
    Some people pay rent around this time of the month.
    Sheesh, all I meant was that my bank account hovers in the "you need food not DLC" zone for a while after rent is due. Loads of people pay rent between the 1st and 3rd, are also poor, students, etc. It's not a great time to spontaneously release a game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #7772
    June 2011
    8,627 Posts

I like how barely anyone was complaining about the price when it launched on the Xbox, now it's on the PC and suddenly Bethesda is the devil.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

13. Post #7773
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts
    You mean the $20 price tag didn't already do that?
    Well he couldn't see the price tag, sooo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

14. Post #7774
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    12,805 Posts
    I like how barely anyone was complaining about the price when it launched on the Xbox, now it's on the PC and suddenly Bethesda is the devil.
    I avoided reading about the console one as it was just annoying me cause I couldn't play, I didn't know it was 20$ until just now.

Console peasants also don't seem to care about being overcharged.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #7775
    November 2010
    3,360 Posts
    I avoided reading about the console one as it was just annoying me cause I couldn't play, I didn't know it was 20$ until just now.

Console peasants also don't seem to care about being overcharged.
    I enjoyed it but it really is just Knights of the Nine 2.0.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

16. Post #7776
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,956 Posts
    To be fair, Xbox never had the Steam summer sale and a bunch of great releases to contend with.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

17. Post #7777
    June 2011
    8,627 Posts
    To be fair, Xbox never had the Steam summer sale and a bunch of great releases to contend with.

What does that have to do with anything?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

18. Post #7778
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts
    those console peasants deserve what they get
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

19. Post #7779
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,956 Posts

What does that have to do with anything?

Money
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

20. Post #7780
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,742 Posts
    I wonder how many people will get banned. I am honestly not going to pirate it. Honestly.

Still, how were the rules on the matter? I know bragging about it and providing links/tutorials gets you banned, but what happens if you upload media and/or tell people you own it without mentioning it is pirated?

Also, I wonder what impact this will have on the CK, a lot of the stuff in Dawnguard is hardcoded. I wonder if that will be available in vanilla or if it will require the DLC in order to work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

21. Post #7781
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,769 Posts
    Finally got Skyrim, I love the Elder Scrolls series so much. Dis gon b gud
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

22. Post #7782
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts
    Downloadin' Morrowind. This better be less bland than Skyrim.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

23. Post #7783
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    17,111 Posts
    Aw man now with Dawnguard I have to play Skyrim even more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #7784
    This is good...isn't it?
    June 2010
    265 Posts
    The question is: Is it worth it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #7785
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,769 Posts
    I thought that you guys liked Skyrim.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

26. Post #7786
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    12,805 Posts
    I thought I liked it but the more I think about it I'm not so sure, I'm so confused.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #7787
    May 2011
    2,695 Posts
    The more you like something, the more small details annoy you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #7788
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    17,111 Posts
    The more you like something, the more small details annoy you.
    I'm sorry I terribly disagree. The more you like something the better you can disregard the small details.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

29. Post #7789
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,415 Posts
    I thought that you guys liked Skyrim.
    I like Skyrim. :saddowns:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

30. Post #7790
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,226 Posts
    I've recently had this terrible problem with my game where the load times between cells is taking an extremely long time. It hasn't always been like this. Does anyone know how I could speed it back up to how it was?

31. Post #7791
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    12,805 Posts
    I'm sorry I terribly disagree. The more you like something the better you can disregard the small details.
    Agreed, it's the more that you WANT to like something that makes every flaw stand out. I Love The Elder Scrolls and I wanted so much to love Skyrim, but I don't.
    it isn't that I love it that these flaws are there, It's the flaws that keep me from loving a game I've waited for for 6 years and wanted to be amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #7792
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,427 Posts
    Downloadin' Morrowind. This better be less bland than Skyrim.
    Definitely is weirder

I never really got into it, but i did do a couple of quests and a little exploring

prepare your anus for cliffracers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #7793
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    17,111 Posts
    Agreed, it's the more that you WANT to like something that makes every flaw stand out. I Love The Elder Scrolls and I wanted so much to love Skyrim, but I don't.
    it isn't that I love it that these flaws are there, It's the flaws that keep me from loving a game I've waited for for 6 years and wanted to be amazing.
    I feel the exact same way. But one day, one day damn you skyrim I will find a good character build I will enjoy from both a gameplay perspective aswell as a roleplay perspective!! Then I will discover all of your secrets, play Dawnguard and 100-percent this motherfucking game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

34. Post #7794
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,123 Posts
    I thought Dawnguard was going to be free?

The term DLC is making think this is going to be a huge rip off for that price.
    (So far, Bethesda has convinced me it will be)

35. Post #7795
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,956 Posts
    I'm coming to accept that Morrowind will continue to be the best TES game (just my opinion, don't freak out) and I'm increasingly fine with that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

36. Post #7796
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,123 Posts
    To those asking whether they should get Morrowind or Oblivion, get Oblivion.

If you've played Skyrim before either, It's already going to be very hard for you to get into Oblivion, and you're just going to end up thinking you've wasted your money if you get Morrowind.
    (Though you've just bought one of the best RPGs ever)

It's funny, it takes so long for people to get into the earlier games, but if they give it a chance and allow themselves to get into it, they end up loving it.

Anyways, the transition is much less jarring if you go from Skyrim to Oblivion.
    (If you do manage to get into Oblivion and end up really loving it, THEN try moving on to Morrowind.)

37. Post #7797
    May 2011
    2,695 Posts

Well, the new Ivory-erm, Ancient Falmer Armor looks far better than the Glass it is equivalent to. Shame it is unique, and the headpiece lacks armor value and is unobtainable anyway...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

38. Post #7798
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts
    Gonna venture into morrowind completely unmodded.

I may not survive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 3Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

39. Post #7799
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    12,805 Posts
    Gonna venture into morrowind completely unmodded.

I may not survive.
    I played it for years without mods, this was however when it actually came out.

40. Post #7800
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    2,003 Posts

Oh god what the fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 6Funny Funny x 2Late Late x 1 (list)