1. Post #761
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,442 Posts
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=16484

Baby

Edited:

Oh god page king of negativity
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13Winner Winner x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #762
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,442 Posts
    Doesn't look like The Elder Scrolls, just another generic fantasy setting MMO.
    You're implying that the series doesn't already have a generic fantasy setting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #763
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,087 Posts
    One thing that doesn't make sense is does the Thalmor really believe they will succeed? Last time they were just fighting a weak imperial legion. Somehow I don't think it looks good for them if you have every race join the bandwagon and steamroll the Thalmor.

correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Empire have a firm foothold in pretty much every country before the Thalmor fucked their shit up? The only reason countries broke off from the empire (I.E. hammerfell) is because they surrendered to the thalmor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #764
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,442 Posts
    If I can experience the story of a quest and exploration with buddies then I have no problems with the game. Those who say it would likely make Skyrim the last SP Elder Scrolls game are overreacting imo.

Edited:

As long as I can loot everything.

5. Post #765
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    8,096 Posts
    Felt a bit unique to me.

6. Post #766
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,758 Posts
    It has a generic fantasy setting that ends up making being unique SOMEHOW.

Maybe it's because of the kickin lore, but for some reason it stands out to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

7. Post #767
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,017 Posts
    I think that it's actually started subverting a fair few cliches recently as far as Bethesda writing goes

plus it's pretty unique with the strange, meta and vaguely frightening way it handles stuff like the Dwemer disappearing, the vague hints on those jars about all the towers being what holds together the universe, not to mention CHIM
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

8. Post #768
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,758 Posts
    I think that it's actually started subverting a fair few cliches recently as far as Bethesda writing goes

plus it's pretty unique with the strange, meta and vaguely frightening way it handles stuff like the Dwemer disappearing, the vague hints on those jars about all the towers being what holds together the universe, not to mention CHIM
    Yeah, the stuff that Kirkbride made like the Towers, CHIM, kalpas, and all that good metaphysical shit is also enough to make it different to me.

Other than the metaphysics though, I think it kind of also stands out as a not very "High-Fantasy" type of world, and is gritty enough.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #769
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    4,000 Posts
    I think he means that it's a generic MMO in a fantasy setting, it's just the way he worded it.

10. Post #770
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,540 Posts
    the thing about tes fantasy is that it's full of the sort of things you'd expect and generic conventions etc etc, but it does it in a unique way, something about the feel of it, the art style, the world...

I mean look what bethesda did with trolls, elfs, the lore around the elfs, same for the khajiit, orcs (which are also a type of elf in tes lore iirc), things like the dremora
    hell even their take on dragons is fairly unique

where as those TEO screenshots LOOK(this being the key word) pretty much like any other generic fantasy mmo..
    the art style of the characters, armor, weapons, the look of the world, (from what we can see)
    i'm sure it will be full of the lore related stuff, but something about experiencing it all from a first person perspective is what really does it for me, so i'm sad to hear it will be in third person
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #771
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,442 Posts
    Maybe it's because of the kickin lore, but for some reason it stands out to me.
    Pretty much the only reason why most fantasy worlds today stand out from each other.

Edited:

If anything, blame the Hero engine/art style for how generic it looks. The environments look just as unique as they are in the regular TES games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #772
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    6,000 Posts
    correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Empire have a firm foothold in pretty much every country before the Thalmor fucked their shit up? The only reason countries broke off from the empire (I.E. hammerfell) is because they surrendered to the thalmor.
    They did have a fairly firm foothold, but they were still weakened from the whole Mythic Dawn fiasco and were caught completely by surprise. The Emperor was also warned against war because of the weakness of the Legions. The war ended when the Empire killed the Thalmor's top general Lord Naarfin, hung him from the White-Gold Tower for a month, and then...surrendered? Really I see that as a draw. How the Thalmor can see it as a victory is beyond me.

13. Post #773
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,017 Posts
    The war ended when the Empire killed the Thalmor's top general Lord Naarfin, hung him from the White-Gold Tower for a month, and then...surrendered? Really I see that as a draw.
    now what the hell is the point of that, it's not like anyone would even see the body that high up, plus if it fell you'd at best have a huge mess to clean up, at worst a few crushed citizens
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

14. Post #774
    February 2012
    2,790 Posts
    They did have a fairly firm foothold, but they were still weakened from the whole Mythic Dawn fiasco and were caught completely by surprise. The Emperor was also warned against war because of the weakness of the Legions. The war ended when the Empire killed the Thalmor's top general Lord Naarfin, hung him from the White-Gold Tower for a month, and then...surrendered? Really I see that as a draw. How the Thalmor can see it as a victory is beyond me.
    Lets not mention every other race and fractions, petty bandits to mages gulids were not involved, The Thalmor want to wipe out everything other then high elves to "ascend". I'm pretty sure if they even try that plan everyone will be grabbing arms and go elf hunting
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #775
    August 2009
    894 Posts
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=16484

Baby

Edited:

Oh god page king of negativity
    I like how it has negative one comments.
    If you could still rate negatively on nexus this would be the most downvoted by all the butthurt type 3 body fans(which as we know seem to be the majority), claiming how an MMO is the best thing to happen to the series .Due to the fact that now they can finally perform sweet Argonian love online to each other for a mere fee of a couple hundred gold...

Or maybe I just got carried away and just should've emphasised the -1 comment.

16. Post #776
    December 2011
    947 Posts
    I plan to remove the very existence of ES: O from my mind and pretend it never happened.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #777
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    2,625 Posts
    I'm neither for or against this new online TES, seeing as I won't be able to play it on my slow connection, so it's like it already doesn't exist for me!

18. Post #778
    May 2010
    11,155 Posts
    Morrowind has the most brainfucking lore ever devised for any work of fiction. God I love that game so much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

19. Post #779
    Icegrim Necrokult Warrior
    December 2007
    1,099 Posts
    While Bethesda has said that the MMO won't affect the main series in any way, I'm still worried that they'll feel forced to use all the MMO provinces as a base for future games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

20. Post #780
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,774 Posts
    Morrowind has the most brainfucking lore ever devised for any work of fiction. God I love that game so much.
    The best lore is the most complex lore, am I right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

21. Post #781
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,442 Posts
    I like how it has negative one comments.
    If you could still rate negatively on nexus this would be the most downvoted by all the butthurt type 3 body fans(which as we know seem to be the majority), claiming how an MMO is the best thing to happen to the series .Due to the fact that now they can finally perform sweet Argonian love online to each other for a mere fee of a couple hundred gold...

Or maybe I just got carried away and just should've emphasised the -1 comment.
    Wait what? I think the modmaker is stupid. If that guy really thinks its the end of singleplayer Elder Scrolls then he's buttfucking retarded. And I'm not one of those type 3 whores either, I really have no opinion on the new mmo, mainly because I haven't seen enough of it to make a judgement. Some of the things concern me, but not enough to get me on the hatewagon.

22. Post #782
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    3,154 Posts
    The best lore is the most complex lore, am I right?
    In the case of TES, the games get more interesting and rewarding the more you know about them.

but yeah, I'm pretty sure the MMO is going to flop. There is absolutely no room on the market for another MMO, especially one without a giant IP. They would have to do something absolutely magical with TES:O to have even a slim chance at success.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #783
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    17,860 Posts
    Does anyone know if this is the true resolution of this image or is there an even higher res version?

http://ettugamer.com/wp-content/gall.../1114Azura.jpg

I want to print it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

24. Post #784
    August 2009
    894 Posts
    Wait what? I think the modmaker is stupid. If that guy really thinks its the end of singleplayer Elder Scrolls then he's buttfucking retarded. And I'm not one of those type 3 whores either, I really have no opinion on the new mmo, mainly because I haven't seen enough of it to make a judgement. Some of the things concern me, but not enough to get me on the hatewagon.
    Yeah I kind of drifted off and lost focus about the -1 comment

25. Post #785

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    The Empire had already lost the Black Marsh, Valenwood, the Summurset Isles, and Elsweyr before the war with the Thalmor started. And Morrowind was in no condition to help - let's not forget how the Empire lost nearly every legionnaire that was present in Vvardenfell and many that were in Morrowind. Hammerfell was in civil war. Ironically, the most fit province at the time was Skyrim, *cough cough*, and I doubt Daedra would have done much damage there during the Oblivion crisis due to the terrain and cold. The [fascist] Thalmor were busy preparing for war against the Empire while the Empire was busy trying to sort out the major unrest that had appeared in every province.

Well, this is what UESP says anyway. I have no idea where they get these sources.

26. Post #786
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    6,000 Posts
    now what the hell is the point of that, it's not like anyone would even see the body that high up, plus if it fell you'd at best have a huge mess to clean up, at worst a few crushed citizens
    I just re-read the book where they say that. Naarfin wasn't killed, he was put in a cage which was THEN hung from the White-Gold Tower for a month. They didn't say how they kept him alive and it's apparently speculated they never buried him. His body just disappeared.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #787
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,017 Posts
    His body just disappeared.
    well that's really freaking creepy

28. Post #788

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    That's, uh, quite the name you've got there.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12 (list)

29. Post #789
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,267 Posts
    -snip-

Edited:

Counterexample: Morrowind.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Thailand Show Events

30. Post #790

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    -snip-

Edited:

Counterexample: Morrowind.
    Example: Oblivion

Sort of example: Skyrim

Skyrim is really lacking in the mythic elements that it's supposed to have by lore.

31. Post #791
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,267 Posts
    Example: Oblivion

Sort of example: Skyrim

Skyrim is really lacking in the mythic elements that it's supposed to have by lore.
    And Kirkbride intended Oblivion to be rainforested, until someone ran roughshod over that.

The point being that that the most general form of the statement's wrong once you've found a single example that contradicts the claim. A more accurate statement would be "the series with the exception of Morrowind and TESA Redguard".

Edit - sorry! I agree with you: TES4&5's environment *have* been lackluster (BethSoft haven't been applying themselves or summat like that), but the deeper is point is that (while this claim is ridiculously premature) TESO's environments differ significantly from the TES > 4s' in a way that has BethSoft finds doesn't add but detract, disowning it in the long run by saying it won't affect the series.

In all honesty, I would've thought the only way for environments to go from the barebones that characterized Oblivion was up - TESO proves otherwise.

32. Post #792
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,774 Posts

I went out of creativity before I started up the creation kit. Luckily I am just making a test mod to see what I can do with the CK.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

33. Post #793
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,758 Posts

Dunno if this is late, but I found it hilarious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

34. Post #794
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,017 Posts
    That's, uh, quite the name you've got there.

I named one of my character Rick McSmashdick

do you think he could take him?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

35. Post #795
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,267 Posts
    What texture replacer are you using?
    MGSO, although in this case it would be Hlaalu Retextured.

36. Post #796
    Blue Member?
    October 2010
    7,628 Posts
    has there been any news about the dlc?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

37. Post #797

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    I commend the maker of the ENB series for, well, making it, but he really needs to stop acting like he's hot shit. And adding his political agendas to the site.

Boris Vorontsov posted:
    I don't wish to tweak by myself, always somebody hate what i doing by saying "too colorful for tundra, vanilla game is much more realistic", this is just bullshit from blind daltonic with cataracta.
    His settings, taken at 6:00 PM:

~realistic~
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #798
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    6,000 Posts
    well that's really freaking creepy
    "It is not recorded where his body was buried, if at all. One source claims he was carried away by winged daedra on the thirty-fourth day." I'm willing to bet he'll be included in future DLC if he wasn't officially recorded dead. And of course there is no mention of the fate of his comrade Lady Arannelya.

39. Post #799
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    18,885 Posts
    All you need is mods
    All you need is mods
    All you need is mods, mods, mods is all you need

Edited:

Does anyone know if this is the true resolution of this image or is there an even higher res version?

http://ettugamer.com/wp-content/gall.../1114Azura.jpg

I want to print it
    I'd still love a topless version. I mean, Azura was always topless.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #800
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,853 Posts
    I like the idea of TES:O
    I don't mind if the art style is somewhat different given it takes place during a different era.
    But I DO NOT like the execution that they're describing. (skill hotbar etc)

I'd like an Elder Scrolls MMO, but I do not want this one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events