1. Post #8321
    August 2011
    702 Posts
    The Soul Cairn is fucking awesome
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #8322
    Creator of the Gold Member Times
    November 2011
    1,619 Posts
    Dawnguard is basically Skyrim's Knights of the Nine but with better long-term rewards.
    There's even fucking wayshrines.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #8323
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,598 Posts
    Dawnguard is basically Skyrim's Knights of the Nine but with better long-term rewards.
    Hopefully there is a proper Shivering Isles-grade DLC.

Knights of the Nine is pretty mediocre and I'm guessing Dawnguard is sort of the same style of DLC
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

4. Post #8324
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,176 Posts
    There's a disenchanter mod although I'm not sure if it would get rid of the smoke effect.

I always though Ebony Mail was kinda dumb, considering it's heavy armor and the enchantment caters toward stealthier builds.
    Yeah, it never really did make much sense. Still though, I think it's one of the best looking armors in the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #8325
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,420 Posts
    I made a mod that gives Bandits a chance to spawn with Crossbows.
    Dawnguard required obviously.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...s/?id=87763038
    That reminds me, it would be interesting to play through the Stormcloak questline if crossbows were spawned fairly often on Imperials.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #8326
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    552 Posts
    How much in Dawnguard was from the Game Jam stuff?

I noticed the currents in dungeon water, dark dungeons, way point teleports(?), Vampire lord, and was there anything else?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

7. Post #8327
    Official worst poster 2011
    June 2007
    8,533 Posts
    So, playing as a werewolf in Morrowind.

Should I stick to killing Guards only since they respawn? I have a feeling if I kill civvies I'll end up inevitably severing every questline in the game.

8. Post #8328
    November 2009
    1,937 Posts

Should I stick to killing Guards only since they respawn? I have a feeling if I kill civvies I'll end up inevitably severing every questline in the game.
    Kill bandits if you can.

9. Post #8329
    June 2007
    8,533 Posts
    On another thing:

Is it just me, or does Morrowind feel like North Korea? With the oppressive government/tribunal and all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

10. Post #8330
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    12,819 Posts

Install a random npc mod, morrowind comes alive or something of the like.

11. Post #8331
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,333 Posts
    Serana turned me into a vampire lord, but there's something screwwy. It made my hood disappear, although it still equipped, and whenever the hood is equipped it makes me bald. Anyone else having similar problems? Is there a fix? This is really killing my vampire lord mojo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

12. Post #8332
    June 2007
    8,533 Posts
    Install a random npc mod, morrowind comes alive or something of the like.
    I want too, but the mod requires another mod which adds a bunch of lore unfriendly anime hair and heads, in addition to reskinning the vanilla heads to look nothing like vanilla.

FOR EXAMPLE:

Edited:

Eh, fuck it, why should I even care about "Lore unfriendly" in a game that's world looks like a giant Skooma hallucination?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 22Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #8333
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,423 Posts
    Help! I'm playing Dawnguard and got stuck as a vampire lord. So I used setrace to set myself back to a khajiit and now I can't even change back to a vampire lord. Also now I have something like TGM stuck on and I can't fix it. ARGH, Dawnguard why are you so glitchly.

14. Post #8334

February 2010
    3,109 Posts
    The crossbow fires like a damn bow, what the fuck is this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

15. Post #8335
    November 2011
    1,619 Posts
    Help! I'm playing Dawnguard and got stuck as a vampire lord. So I used setrace to set myself back to a khajiit and now I can't even change back to a vampire lord. Also now I have something like TGM stuck on and I can't fix it. ARGH, Dawnguard why are you so glitchly.
    Do you still have the vampire lord power? If so type "set dlc1vampirelorddisallow to 0" in console.

16. Post #8336

February 2010
    3,109 Posts
    The crossbow fires like a damn bow, what the fuck is this.
    Why the ratings ? you need to hold it before firing, which makes no sense and really gets in the way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9 (list)

17. Post #8337
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,333 Posts
    Why the ratings ? you need to hold it before firing, which makes no sense and really gets in the way.
    Except that you don't. Just click and it fires.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

18. Post #8338
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,176 Posts
    I want too, but the mod requires another mod which adds a bunch of lore unfriendly anime hair and heads, in addition to reskinning the vanilla heads to look nothing like vanilla.

FOR EXAMPLE:

Edited:

Eh, fuck it, why should I even care about "Lore unfriendly" in a game that's world looks like a giant Skooma hallucination?

Oh my god I'm crying right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13 (list)

19. Post #8339
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,423 Posts
    Do you still have the vampire lord power? If so type "set dlc1vampirelorddisallow to 0" in console.
    Tried it, giving me the denied sound

20. Post #8340
    July 2009
    1,299 Posts
    That reminds me, it would be interesting to play through the Stormcloak questline if crossbows were spawned fairly often on Imperials.
    Just for you.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...s/?id=87783605
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #8341

February 2010
    3,109 Posts
    Except that you don't. Just click and it fires.
    And so do bows ? there's still an annoying delay and you have to hold it to hit something accurately.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

22. Post #8342
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,176 Posts
    And so do bows ? there's still an annoying delay and you have to hold it to hit something accurately.
    Arrows go practically nowhere if you just click though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

23. Post #8343
    December 2009
    11,772 Posts
    I wish there was an option to turn off helmets. I hate every helmet in the game, and I spend so much time creating my characters that putting a helmet on and hiding it just seems like a waste.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #8344
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,423 Posts
    take it off then
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

25. Post #8345
    December 2009
    11,772 Posts
    take it off then
    But I'm doing an unarmed playthrough so it would seriously gimp my damage output.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

26. Post #8346
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,423 Posts
    Now all the vampires in the castle think I am a mortal and i can't feed anymore. motherfucker.

27. Post #8347
    November 2011
    1,619 Posts
    Tried it, giving me the denied sound
    sec let me look it up in the CK there's some other conditions that need to be met first too

Edited:

I'll look into some commands and what not. If that doesn't work send me your save and I'll try some stuff on it.

28. Post #8348
    January 2012
    974 Posts
    Hopefully there is a proper Shivering Isles-grade DLC.

Knights of the Nine is pretty mediocre and I'm guessing Dawnguard is sort of the same style of DLC
    They had already promised a DLC larger than Shivering Isles during the late production of Skyrim.

29. Post #8349
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,423 Posts
    Tired curring vampirism, had serana bite me again, it fixxed the feeding and the people at the castle bitching at me, but still no vampire lord

30. Post #8350
    November 2011
    1,619 Posts
    Did you use set dlc1vampirelorddisallow to 0 after being turned back into a vampire

31. Post #8351
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,423 Posts
    Yes, still giving me that sound

32. Post #8352
    November 2011
    1,619 Posts
    PlayerVampireQuestScript, Check if that file is in your scripts folder. If so move it elsewhere and try again.

Edited:

Then make sure stuff like the activation blocker perk is removed from your character

33. Post #8353
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,423 Posts
    Removed perk, didn't do anything.

34. Post #8354
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,769 Posts
    Anyone know of any mods that make your character face whoever they are talking to while in third person? Pretty silly to be staring off into space while having a chat with someone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #8355
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,129 Posts
    Man, these new dawnguard weapons are so overpowered!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

36. Post #8356
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,584 Posts
    Anyone know of any mods that make your character face whoever they are talking to while in third person? Pretty silly to be staring off into space while having a chat with someone.
    After character creation, your characters neck pretty much becomes cemented in place. It never moves.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #8357
    June 2008
    466 Posts
    a crossbow that shoots battleaxes?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

38. Post #8358
    November 2011
    1,619 Posts
    Reloading is a bitch though. That's how they sucker you in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

39. Post #8359
    Kawaii Member
    July 2005
    17,262 Posts
    Attention people of this thread, I am gonna start playing Skyrim again. Unfortunately I've downloaded so many fucking mods that it crashes on startup, and I can't be bothered to deal with compatibility issues between 80-100 plugins.

So with that said, have any of you got a list of the post possible graphical mods for Skyrim? Resources ain't an issue here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

40. Post #8360
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    8,033 Posts
    Attention people of this thread, I am gonna start playing Skyrim again. Unfortunately I've downloaded so many fucking mods that it crashes on startup, and I can't be bothered to deal with compatibility issues between 80-100 plugins.
    Do you have asis or wrye bash?

edit: first get boss and run it, then make a bashed patch and then run that asis patcher thingy, then see if the game works.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)