1. Post #1081
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    1,164 Posts
    This mod seems interesting, I just wish it was only for artistic look instead of buffing your carrying capability a lot.
    The mod is awesome, and version 1 has enchantless versions if you want it for look only.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #1082
    Also, goddamn Blackreach, that place made me fucking shiver.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events

3. Post #1083
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,770 Posts
    Also, goddamn Blackreach, that place made me fucking shiver.
    Blackreach is amazing, I wish Bethesda could put as much effort into their story writing as they did with the world.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

4. Post #1084
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    3,606 Posts
    I wish there'd be a mod which only made you able to carry things that normally you'd have on your back or belt, so you'd actually have to use a bag.

I know there are bag mods but they just give you more weight available
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

5. Post #1085
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,770 Posts
    I wish that mod which shows all your weapons actually worked, it would be a lot more immersive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #1086

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    Playing back morrowind, Im in Gnisis and i find this guy without pants...
    So someone stole this pants

So i got his pants back

And he just starts walking away like nothing happened.

Oh man, why haven't i known about this quest
    Just wait until you meet the writer of the Lusty Argonian Maid.

Also, the first time I did the quest in your post, I failed at speech 20 times in a row and ended up slaughtering every Legion guard in Gnisis. With an iron shortsword. Gnisis must be where they post the worst of the worst as punishment duty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

7. Post #1087
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,720 Posts
    Looks nice to use with the weapons of the third era mod, not like those other stupid mods where they add tons of weapons but they are only craft able because the mod maker is lazy.
    ... IIRC this mod is only a crafting mod too. It doesn't add any of that stuff to loot tables last I checked.

Personally I don't think its very good at all. It's a nice idea, but right now it's mostly a bunch of tacky and unbelvable retextures of the same basic sword over and over. I like the general idea behind the mod (make it so if you craft something with a certain material, it obviously wouldn't look exactly like ancient dwemer/orcish/etc stuff), but the execution is super... forced and calculated? I dunno.

EDIT: Well looks like he added other stuff too from when I last saw it, like finding enchanted swords that actually look different. Which IS a really nice feature.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #1088
    ... IIRC this mod is only a crafting mod too. It doesn't add any of that stuff to loot tables last I checked.

Personally I don't think its very good at all. It's a nice idea, but right now it's mostly a bunch of tacky and unbelvable retextures of the same basic sword over and over. I like the general idea behind the mod (make it so if you craft something with a certain material, it obviously wouldn't look exactly like ancient dwemer/orcish/etc stuff), but the execution is super... forced and calculated? I dunno.

EDIT: Well looks like he added other stuff too from when I last saw it, like finding enchanted swords that actually look different. Which IS a really nice feature.
    It does add stuff to loot tables, most of my equipment that comes from this mod was looted.

Edited:

Including the dwemer/nordic mace that I used to smash Grelod's face on the last page
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #1089
    August 2010
    6,943 Posts
    Blackreach is amazing, I wish Bethesda could put as much effort into their story writing as they did with the world.
    That particular glowing ball looked just insanly awesome. The place somewhat reminded me of Myst and Riven.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Luxembourg Show Events

10. Post #1090
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,434 Posts
    Don't worry guys, they'll do something in the next game to make you come crawling back to Skyrim.

or Morrowind but it's always been like that I suppose   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #1091
    July 2009
    5,999 Posts
    Is it true that certain enchantments don't work on followers?

Actually, now that I think about it, how do enchanted items work with followers at all? Can you stack enchantment effects on them? Do they even work?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

12. Post #1092
    September 2005
    12,261 Posts
    I've got this weird CTD popping up.

It only happens if I load or try starting a new game after I've already loaded a game up.
    I'm not sure what mod could be doing that, because it's just fine without any.

Code:
    Skyrim
    Update
    3rdEraWeaponsMoS (esm)
    SlaughterfishGenocide
    3rdEraWeaponsMos (esp)
    StaticMeshImprovementMod
    HighResTexturePackFix
    Live Another Life
    SoS - The Dungeons
    SoS - The Wilds
    Bandolier
    Smithing Perks Overhaul
    Weapons and Armor Fixes
    Arrowsmith
    Tri Night Eye
    Dynamic Timescale
    ImprovedSkillBooks
    MagicScaling
    VanguardArmor
    HedgeKnight
    RedguardKnight
    VagabondArmor
    WarchiefArmor
    NaturalisticWerewolf
    NightEyeFix
    Shadow Striping Fix
    Lawrens RNG Guards
    Realistic Lighting
    Better Dynamic Snow
    Natural Skyrim Rain
    Realistic Lighting Patcher
    WATER
    Amazing Follower Tweaks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

13. Post #1093
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    3,152 Posts
    Don't worry guys, they'll do something in the next game to make you come crawling back to Skyrim.

or Morrowind but it's always been like that I suppose   
    Call of the Elder Scrolls: Magic Warfare
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

14. Post #1094
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,084 Posts
    Seeing this made me want to play Morrowind, all I need are mods that remove the atrocious missing even though it was in front of you and a mod to reduce cliffracers.
    I said this, once you get into it though it's not as bad as you'd think. Weird yes but it's perfectly bearable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

15. Post #1095
    September 2011
    1,708 Posts
    I really hope Skyrim goes on sale this summer.

I've avoided spoilers for 6 months now, I can make it a couple more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3 (list)

16. Post #1096
    November 2009
    9,279 Posts
    I've just realized something... I've never actually been an Elder Scrolls fan. I've only played them because it's the done thing. I never bought Morrowind or Oblivion, merely played them at a friend's house smashing up cities...

I bought Skyrim, which was the first ES game I bought, and only did so because my friends wanted to and because of all the Fable-esque hype surrounding it. Wonder how many of us have done the same?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

17. Post #1097
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,698 Posts
    Pure grief expressed in a single image

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 8Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #1098
    September 2005
    12,261 Posts

Oh man.

Only 46 fps in Morrowind.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

19. Post #1099
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,990 Posts
    Oh man.

Only 46 fps in Morrowind.
    Morrowind, probably due to Bethesda's airtight coding as of 2003, still does that to newer rigs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #1100
    September 2005
    12,261 Posts
    Morrowind, probably due to Bethesda's airtight coding as of 2003, still does that to newer rigs.
    I never had much issue with it on my desktop.
    I could even get 10 fps in cities with my netbook.

21. Post #1101
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,698 Posts
    46 fps, night time, blinding ash storm, cloud of ravenous squawking cliff racers, a crippling disease

22. Post #1102
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,001 Posts

You came to the wrong neighborhood motherfucker
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

23. Post #1103
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,698 Posts
    I never had much issue with it on my desktop.
    I could even get 10 fps in cities with my netbook.
    MGE-XE on maxed settings + morrowind overhaul content

24. Post #1104
    September 2011
    1,708 Posts
    I tried playing Morrowind again, but the combat is fucking dreadful, I was relatively spoiled by oblivion.

Are there any combat overhauls that makes the game more visceral less... Dice-roll-y?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #1105
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,698 Posts
    Dicerolls become largely moot when you have a primary weapon skill of 50 (give or take) you basically hit every target 100% of the time.

Just make sure you're not constantly running into enemies while out of stamina, because stamina takes a huge toll on your combat accuracy (and your magic success rate, too)

26. Post #1106
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    12,971 Posts
    I tried playing Morrowind again, but the combat is fucking dreadful, I was relatively spoiled by oblivion.

Are there any combat overhauls that makes the game more visceral less... Dice-roll-y?
    I posted one last page.

http://morrowind.nexusmods.com/downl...e.php?id=37977
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

27. Post #1107
    September 2005
    12,261 Posts
    Dwindled my CTD down to something involving SKSE. I can save/load/go back to the main menu without it running.

28. Post #1108
    March 2012
    1,701 Posts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?src_vid=BX21DmbxjiQ&annotation_id=annotation_594980&feature=iv&v=F8Krm180zfE
    lol nudity.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

29. Post #1109
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,434 Posts
    Has anyone here seen the Moonpath to Elsweyr mod? I'm not quite sure what to think of it. The custom content it has is extremely impressive, but it feels more like I'm exploring a fantastic dungeon instead of a new land.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

30. Post #1110
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,720 Posts
    Just be prepared to not really play through morrowind as it should be with this mod, because the game becomes insanely unbalanced when using it, and the entire skill system is rendered useless. It basically just turns morrowind into an action game.

Dice-roll calculations for determining when you hit an enemy, is the primary force behind determining how good you are at a skill. Attributes like agility deal direclty in this, as it determines how often you hit and how often you dodge. Magic abilities like Sanctuarary also deal in this.

If you remove this (as the mod does) every weapon skill becomes extremely overpowered, and at the same time totally useless to level up. Agility means nothing as well. Most of the skills are basically useless and everything dies to you

Or, you could just deal with the nuances of Morrowind's combat, and actually build a character at the start that can hit things (by maximizing the weapon skills you want to use the most in character creation, and having a high agility).

31. Post #1111
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    3,838 Posts
    Just be prepared to not really play through morrowind as it should be with this mod, because the game becomes insanely unbalanced when using it, and the entire skill system is rendered useless. It basically just turns morrowind into an action game.

Dice-roll calculations for determining when you hit an enemy, is the primary force behind determining how good you are at a skill. Attributes like agility deal direclty in this, as it determines how often you hit and how often you dodge. Magic abilities like Sanctuarary also deal in this.

If you remove this (as the mod does) every weapon skill becomes extremely overpowered, and at the same time totally useless to level up. Agility means nothing as well. Most of the skills are basically useless and everything dies to you

Or, you could just deal with the nuances of Morrowind's combat, and actually build a character at the start that can hit things (by maximizing the weapon skills you want to use the most in character creation, and having a high agility).
    Exactly, as long as you make a proper character there isn't a problem, even just starting out it's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Getting a mod like that just ruins it and using it is basically saying you cant make a proper character because if you are barely hitting then you are seriously doing something wrong.

32. Post #1112
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,990 Posts
    Has anyone here seen the Moonpath to Elsweyr mod? I'm not quite sure what to think of it. The custom content it has is extremely impressive, but it feels more like I'm exploring a fantastic dungeon instead of a new land.
    I played it. The level design is pretty awesome, and the new creatures are pretty functional and cool.
    But like every quest mod, the voice acting is drawing from a pool of shit. It made me cringe- hard. Also, dwemer "airships" kill my lore boner. People just use the Dwemer as a license to justify all their wacky, bad ideas.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

33. Post #1113

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    I played it. The level design is pretty awesome, and the new creatures are pretty functional and cool.
    But like every quest mod, the voice acting is drawing from a pool of shit. It made me cringe- hard. Also, dwemer "airships" kill my lore boner. People just use the Dwemer as license to justify wacky, bad ideas.
    You're saying that a steampunk-magitek race that can build giant robots can't build an airship?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 10 (list)

34. Post #1114
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,434 Posts
    Um, Dwemer airships have always been part of the lore...?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

35. Post #1115
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    3,838 Posts
    But like every quest mod, the voice acting is drawing from a pool of shit. It made me cringe- hard. Also, dwemer "airships" kill my lore boner. People just use the Dwemer as a license to justify all their wacky, bad ideas.
    Or maybe they actually know the lore? there's you make belief airship
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

36. Post #1116
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,990 Posts
    You're saying that a steampunk-magitek race that can build robot gods can't build an airship?
    I'm pretty sure they did-- it was in Solstheim or something. It's a personal thing. It's over the top.

Edited:

You fucking barracudas.

37. Post #1117

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    I'm pretty sure they did-- it was in Solstheim or something. It's a personal thing. It's over the top.

Edited:

You fucking barracudas.
    A metaphysical, fourth wall-breaking concept that causes entire races to vanish into thin air isn't too over the top, but a steam-and-fire-powered airship is? Skyrim is already fairly low fantasy as it is (aside from dragons), is there something wrong with using realistic technology rather than being stuck in medieval stasis? It's not as if they're mass produced or anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #1118
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,990 Posts
    A metaphysical, fourth wall-breaking concept that causes entire races to vanish into thin air isn't too over the top, but a steam-and-fire-powered airship is?
    Yeah. I like pacing. In the mod, I spent about fifteen minutes exploring the jungle before they were like THE THALMOR ARE HERE QUICK GET INTO THAT AIRSHIP, OH SHIT ANOTHER AIRSHIP IT'S A SKYBATTTTLEEEE WOOOO

Edited:

Also, the fact that most Dwemer technology is lost and unavailable for banal use like transport is significant to the lore. If it wasn't, TES would have this whole steampunk thing going on.

39. Post #1119
    June 2009
    661 Posts
    I can't find my Morrowind. :C

40. Post #1120
    March 2011
    4,167 Posts
    A metaphysical, fourth wall-breaking concept that causes entire races to vanish into thin air isn't too over the top, but a steam-and-fire-powered airship is? Skyrim is already fairly low fantasy as it is (aside from dragons), is there something wrong with using realistic technology rather than being stuck in medieval stasis? It's not as if they're mass produced or anything.
    Maybe Skyrim is the Conservative province of Tamriel? They like medieval age fantasy and don't want to accept more of the lore?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)