1. Post #81
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,628 Posts
    The God Talos, also known as Tiber Septim is on the Stormcloaks side though.
    if Talos is a firm supporter of segregation then he isn't really worth worshipping
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #82
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    17,972 Posts
    if Talos is a firm supporter of segregation then he isn't really worth worshipping
    He isn't. The whole racial segregations is all Ulfrics decision.
    Most Stormcloak-sided characters are agains that, and often against Ulfric.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

3. Post #83
    May 2011
    2,641 Posts
    The god Talos founded the current empire, and isn't pronouncing himself in any side of the Civil War. It is not like the empire wants to remove workship to their ascended to godhood founder who was also dragonborn, and whose last known descendant pretty much saved Mundus from fucking Mehrunes Dagon by turning into a fucking avatar of fucking Akatosh. They have trouble negotiating, that's the cost of having the current imperial line being born from war, and them sucking at making treatys. Still better than the "Skyrim for the nords, but the Forsworn have no right to ask to have the Reach for them" Stormcloaks anyday.

Not to mention: Talos is holding the world together, the Thalmor want that to stop, the Thalmor believe having a raging Civil War in Skyrim is good, and think of Ulfric as an asset. Talos doesn't want one side to exterminate the other, Talos wants them to stop squabbling about nonsense, beat the elves in combat, and then everybody resumes workship of Talos. Not just Skyrim, but the whole of the Empire/Tamriel. Because the Stormcloaks only care for Skyrim.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #84
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    17,972 Posts
    The god Talos founded the current empire, and isn't pronouncing himself in any side of the Civil War. It is not like the empire wants to remove workship to their ascended to godhood founder who was also dragonborn, and whose last known descendant pretty much saved Mundus from fucking Mehrunes Dagon by turning into a fucking avatar of fucking Akatosh. They have trouble negotiating, that's the cost of having the current imperial line being born from war, and them sucking at making treatys. Still better than the "Skyrim for the nords, but the Forsworn have no right to ask to have the Reach for them" Stormcloaks anyday.

Not to mention: Talos is holding the world together, the Thalmor want that to stop, the Thalmor believe having a raging Civil War in Skyrim is good, and think of Ulfric as an asset. Talos doesn't want one side to exterminate the other, Talos wants them to stop squabbling about nonsense, beat the elves in combat, and then everybody resumes workship of Talos. Not just Skyrim, but the whole of the Empire/Tamriel. Because the Stormcloaks only care for Skyrim.
    That sounds like pulled of out thin air.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

5. Post #85
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,628 Posts
    He isn't. The whole racial segregations is all Ulfrics decision.
    Most Stormcloak-sided characters are agains that, and often against Ulfric.
    then maybe they should stop doing everything he says? the dude suckers people into listening to him by pretty much challenging the size of their dick, this is not the kind of guy you want in charge of a nation

Edited:

That sounds like pulled of out thin air.
    you seem to think the Empire doesn't want people to worship Talos

he doesn't take a side because he's a fucking god, as long as there's people worshipping he don't give a fuck because he has literally transcended caring about shit like that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #86
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    17,972 Posts
    It's even common sense that a God would rather side with the People who Worship him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

7. Post #87
    May 2011
    2,641 Posts
    And a god would know WHY other people stopped workshipping him. Remember than Imperials are pretty much tanned Nords.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

8. Post #88
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,628 Posts
    It's even common sense that a God would rather side with the People who Worship him.
    Yeah, but the Imperials don't have much of a problem with worshipping him. It's just that the Thalmor are dicks so they won't let them.

The only logical thing to do is for the Stormcloaks to actually help the Empire fight back against the Thalmor. Breaking up Skyrim ain't gonna do a whole lot to help matters, other than A) weaken the Empire (the one force large enough to contest Thalmor rule), and B) weaken the Stormcloaks with their unecessary civil war.

tl;dr Ulfric is a racist cunt who thinks he can take on a huge empire with a single country (if anything it's half a country, as not everyone agrees with him) and also believes that huge, multinational empire that's actually willing to help would be useless in doing so because "true nords blah blah blah"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #89
    The Silent Rater
    November 2009
    3,266 Posts
    I can never decide which side to support, they're both as bad as each other to me. I think the Stormcloaks have better clothes, and the Empire has the nicest cities. The Stormcloaks are douches towards non-Nordic races (Galmar Stone-Fist's brother is a good example), yet the Empire tries executing you because to let you go would mean more paperwork for them.

Also, evading arrest seems far too easy in Skyrim. In Oblivion, you could do something wrong and soldiers would immediately charge up on sight and give you an ultimatum. In Skyrim, the hold guards will just comment that they recognize you and you have nothing to worry about unless you speak to them or get caught directly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

10. Post #90
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    17,972 Posts
    I can never decide which side to support, they're both as bad as each other to me. I think the Stormcloaks have better clothes, and the Empire has the nicest cities. The Stormcloaks are douches towards non-Nordic races (Galmar Stone-Fist's brother is a good example), yet the Empire tries executing you because to let you go would mean more paperwork for them.

Also, evading arrest seems far too easy in Skyrim. In Oblivion, you could do something wrong and soldiers would immediately charge up on sight and give you an ultimatum. In Skyrim, the hold guards will just comment that they recognize you and you have nothing to worry about unless you speak to them or get caught directly.
    That's also my opinion, really.
    And that's while I said all things considered. Stormcloaks is the lesser Evil.

Also, killing Thalmor is so satisfying. I make sure to pass by their Embasy every now and then to kill a few of them. A shame that It's unlocked only for that one quest.

I'd love a DLC focusing on fighting against Thalmor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #91
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,365 Posts
    Also    Fucking Maven Black-Briar becomes Jarl of the Rift. Fuck that shit    Its why I haven't started the Civil War questline on any of my characters
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

12. Post #92
    The Silent Rater
    November 2009
    3,266 Posts
    That's also my opinion, really.
    And that's while I said all things considered. Stormcloaks is the lesser Evil.

Also, killing Thalmor is so satisfying. I make sure to pass by their Embasy every now and then to kill a few of them. A shame that It's unlocked only for that one quest.

I'd love a DLC focusing on fighting against Thalmor.
    Northwatch Keep is also a good place to find Thalmor, it's not far from the Embassy.
    I reckon most people kill them if they can get away with it.

Also    Fucking Maven Black-Briar becomes Jarl of the Rift. Fuck that shit    Its why I haven't started the Civil War questline on any of my characters
    Precisely my main reason too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #93
    April 2012
    5 Posts
    Probably just a map design error, unless I'm reading this incorrectly.

There's lots of crap like that where Bethesda didn't "close the gaps" in terrain.
    Guess you're right, I've found a few places like that myself. Just a little weird that they'd miss one right next to one of the most visited cities in the game.
    Oh well. Here's a picture of a Khajiit for your troubles.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #94
    May 2011
    2,641 Posts
    Mmm, Guildmaster of the Thieves Guild and Listener of the Dark Brotherhood here. Riften is mine, Maven is just the face.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 5Winner Winner x 3 (list)

15. Post #95
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,365 Posts
    Also does anyone know how to get the enb injector to work? It says that I should write the target process to enbinjector.ini. I don't believe that I've edited any of the processes so I left the targets at default, but it still won't run.

Edited:

Because apparently the optimus tech in my laptop may be the reason why enb .108 runs like a snail on my computer, since it ends up detecting the integrated Intel card rather than my nvidia processor. I'd like to try it out, but the aforementioned problem with the injector is stopping me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

16. Post #96
    DICKS
    January 2012
    2,643 Posts
    Fun things to do as a vampire?
    If there is a mod that allows you to infect people, then you should attempt to infect as many people as possible. Someone should make this a reality if it isn't already.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Jersey Show Events

17. Post #97
    August 2010
    6,943 Posts
    Anyone playing some Daggerfall right now, the game is still amazing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Luxembourg Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #98
    November 2010
    928 Posts
    The God Talos, also known as Tiber Septim is on the Stormcloaks side though.
    [citation needed]

one would think Talos wouldn't be stupid enough to fall for the Aldmeri Dominion's bullshit and side with a racist who's just after power

Edited:

The books are some of the best in the series http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Banker%27s_Bet
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #99
    October 2009
    8,934 Posts
    Mmm, Guildmaster of the Thieves Guild and Listener of the Dark Brotherhood here. Riften is mine, Maven is just the face.
    Ooh, imagine a questline where you take out the Black-Briar control in Riften, and instead take the hold for yourself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

20. Post #100
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    16,534 Posts
    Ooh, imagine a questline where you take out the Black-Briar control in Riften, and instead take the hold for yourself.
    No essentials mod and roleplay it yourself?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #101
    June 2010
    2,321 Posts
    Bored, gonna replay Skyrim as a Nord with fascist beliefs (I mean siding with the Stormcloaks, because fuck the Empire, boy, I ain't doing another playthrough for them!)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #102
    Dennab
    January 2012
    953 Posts
    I loved Oblivion. Tried Daggerfall but the combat I couldn't get into. I died constantly. I feel like there's a lot into it but I just can't get into it. I didn't like Skyrim either, then again it could be because of my computer. It can hardly run on low without skipping FPS.
    Skyrim is smaller and you need to walk everywhere to get anywheres and feels almost linear.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #103
    May 2011
    2,641 Posts
    Well, seeing Maven's only leash on the Thieves' Guild is the Dark Brotherhood (which I suspect was via Delvin in any case), I'd say there is no problem, just a puppet Jarl, like always in Riften.

And, in any case, Leyla is arguably worse, due to her sheer IDIOCITY.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

24. Post #104
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,502 Posts
    I just started playing Morrowind for the first (well, second, but the first one was about five minutes a long, long time ago) time.

It's great!

I really feel immersed in the game, even though some things, like missing, made it a bit frustrating in the beginning. I love how small and insignificant you feel at first, but slowly grow into a figure of importance. It just seems much more solid than Skyrim.

I also spent about 30 in-game days just getting to level 3, and I still get my ass handed to me by most enemies.

The way they designed enchanted weapons is genius, they really feel special, unlike the mass produced level scaled shit in Skyrim and Oblivion. I've got this long sword with a 1-25 shock damage enchant, and I rape everything with it.

The way they handled quests is also really neat, albeit a bit confusing at times, especially when you have to flip through 20-30 pages of journal to get to your quest info. But I really enjoy having to use my brain to gather information, instead of just getting a Magic Quest Arrow to guide me.

Edited:

Also, can you guys recommend any good mods that can be installed manually? I'm playing it on my mac, so Mod Managers and the likes are not an option.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #105
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts
    Paarthurnax is voiced by Mario holy shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Late Late x 10Informative Informative x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #106
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,074 Posts
    Cure it and then catch Lycanthropy instead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 2 (list)

27. Post #107
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,572 Posts
    I played some a couple of days ago, tried making a monk-like character, fighting with my bare fists.

I died in the first dungeon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

28. Post #108
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,631 Posts
    I played some a couple of days ago, tried making a monk-like character, fighting with my bare fists.

I died in the first dungeon.
    I died by the first enemy, and I didn't even try to be bad.

Edited:

Is throw voice OP?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

29. Post #109
    November 2010
    928 Posts
    Cure it, download this: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=12687 then become a werewolf
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Useful Useful x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #110
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,540 Posts
    well lets look at human religion

I doubt our god would side with a bunch of prejudiced fucks that think all homosexuals should be dead and that we shouldn't even be able to prevent pregnancy

that's not to say all people of religion are bad, i'm just saying it's a very two sided thing. Just because they worship him doesn't make them the ones that are in the right
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #111
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,726 Posts
    My name in Tribes Ascend is MudcrabMerchant, it always makes me happy when Morrowind talk ensues because of it. Such a good game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #112
    June 2010
    5,537 Posts
    The art-style reminds me of art drawn for Majora's Mask for some reason.
    It might be the heavy use of shadows.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

33. Post #113
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,456 Posts
    Paarthurnax is voiced by Mario holy shit
    Ancano is voiced by the guy that did the soundtrack for the first Unreal Tournament.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)

34. Post #114
    If clothing didn't exist and everyone walked around with their penises fully erect I would have all the bitches.
    May 2009
    22,874 Posts
    Gah, I need some DLC info tomorrow or else I'm going to loose a bet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #115
    [B][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacos"]Tacos![/URL][/B]
    April 2008
    5,450 Posts
    Hey guys, got my new pc running and skyrim looks great on it. Thing is I see that aa causes pixilation on amd drivers. ANyone else have this problem that might know if amd is fixing this soon? I can live without aa for a while, just curious.

Edited:

Gah, I need some DLC info tomorrow or else I'm going to loose a bet.
    Wasn't there talk about them adding the lands of morrowind and oblivion in dlc? That could count :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

36. Post #116
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,572 Posts
    I died by the first enemy, and I didn't even try to be bad.
    Well okay even with my bare hands i got a little farther than that, died to the third enemy, that fucking imp.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

37. Post #117
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    16,534 Posts
    I love this thread
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

38. Post #118
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,521 Posts

Somebody needs to do this during the aldiun fight
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

39. Post #119
    July 2009
    5,878 Posts
    Are there any mods that let you set a home for followers? It'd be neat to have them all hang around in one your houses.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #120
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    13,502 Posts

Somebody needs to do this during the aldiun fight
    it's weird to see skyrim characters move like they're actually alive and not dolls
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 12Funny Funny x 2 (list)