1. Post #161
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    18,704 Posts
    It will most likely end with a compromise lore-wise anyway, so it's really all about opinions.
    Facepunch generally likes the Empire more though (don't get me wrong, I'm not calling a bandwagon or anything.)

Anyway, playing Skyrim made me want to play Oblivion again. What are some nice mods?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #162
    June 2009
    1,874 Posts
    I wonder what outcome of the rebellion they will consider cannon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #163
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,920 Posts
    Someone told me I can't ride a dragon.

Yeah right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #164
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,709 Posts
    Honestly I think they'll just find some way to make either outcome lead to the same thing. If the Imperials win, Something happens afterward that gets Tullius and a bunch of the Jarls killed and the Imperial Legion is forced to retreat from Skyrim. If the Stormcloaks win, something happens afterward that gets Ulfric and a bunch of the Jarls killed and Skyrim is essentially left without a leader. Either way Skyrim ends up collapsing into anarchy and there's little the empire can do to help.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #165
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,726 Posts
    Update for my mod (Changed the name to Perks n' Skills Advanced, to more accurately describe the mod and to avoid naming conflicts with other mods):

The new revamped two-handed skill! Balance adjustments may still be needed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 9Useful Useful x 1 (list)

6. Post #166
    The Silent Rater
    November 2009
    3,266 Posts
    I entered Breezehome earlier only to find Nazeem inside and heading to the door. As he approached, he started to gloat at me as usual.

Trespass and slander?!

I struck him down (Very satisfying). Lydia was there as usual, so who knows what was happening before I turned up. No wonder his wife complains all the time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 12Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #167
    November 2010
    928 Posts
    Anyway, playing Skyrim made me want to play Oblivion again. What are some nice mods?
    Estrus
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

8. Post #168
    Blue Member

September 2011
    3,988 Posts
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Recommended_Mods
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #169
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,267 Posts
    It will most likely end with a compromise lore-wise anyway, so it's really all about opinions.
    Facepunch generally likes the Empire more though (don't get me wrong, I'm not calling a bandwagon or anything.)

The unofficial patches, FCOM (the only gameplay mod pack you'll need - and the only mod pack I suggest you install), then you've got a whole raft of graphics mods coming at you: Streamline, OCPS, RAEVWD, Low Poly Grass, NE, QTP3 (don't bother getting the minimized versions, this is 2012), DarNified, Illumination Within, Unique Landscapes, Better Cities or Open Cities (why you can't have both at the same time is an exercise for the reader.) I don't get within half a kilometer of the body mods - IMO they aren't that much better, and the dopey Mer stops you from taking the game seriously. If it tickles your fancy, Skip Tutorial or Alternative Start get you past the initial dungeon (I remember using it only because getting a clean save was damn impossible). Get Nehrim as well.

Get good with Wyre Bash and BOSS - and stick with BAIN where possible, even if that means packaging loose files into BAIN yourself. This is the only TES where the pain of learning BAIN pays off. These are pretty reputable mods so you won't have to worry with TES4Edit cleaning - be sure to look it up if you stray off the well-trod path, though.

Edited:

Although I would just suggest you start with Morrowind + MSGO + Tamriel Rebuilt. Speaking of, which, does anyone know a good open Vivec mod?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Thailand Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #170
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,437 Posts
    I'm torn between installing a mod that makes enchantments rarer and one that makes everything more expensive, since they'll probably conflict with each other. :psyduck: Any advice, guys?

11. Post #171
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,001 Posts
    What is ENB and should i get it?

12. Post #172
    I AM A PUTRID FUCK WHO CHASES AFTER PEOPLE'S VANS, SCARES GIRLS, FELL FOR A RANDOM FUCK ON THE INTERNET WHO I'VE NEVER EVEN SEEN, AND SHOVED RUSTY NAILS DOWN MY COCK FOR THEM.
    July 2008
    4,193 Posts
    Tullius and Ulfric see each other, fall in love, and realize the fight is useless in hiding their love.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #173
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    9,372 Posts
    What's a good mod on the Workshop that adds road maps?

14. Post #174
    July 2009
    6,005 Posts
    Going to ask this again since every time I do, a new page comes up and people don't see or respond to my question.

Are there any mods that let you set a home for followers? It'd be neat to have them all hang around in one your houses.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

15. Post #175
    November 2010
    928 Posts
    Anyone else think the first expansion being Xbox exclusive for a month is bullshit? Fucking Microsoft and their TOS.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

16. Post #176
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    10,899 Posts
    It's obvious he's on a pilgrimage like a true devout Nord.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #177
    June 2008
    4,659 Posts
    Anyone else think the first expansion being Xbox exclusive for a month is bullshit? Fucking Microsoft and their TOS.
    Money. Lots of it.

They throw it at any games company that moves.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

18. Post #178
    WE'VE GOT DODGSON HERE!
    August 2005
    1,945 Posts
    At least there is a possibility that if there are any major bugs Bethesda could squash em before PC release.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 5Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #179
    Creator of the Gold Member Times
    November 2011
    1,619 Posts
    Still, the earliest we'd be able to get DLC is around the beginning of June and that's assuming that they announce a DLC in the coming few days. It's not that bad since we have mods, but I really feel bad for the PS3 users. They get shafted.

20. Post #180
    June 2008
    4,659 Posts
    Still, the earliest we'd be able to get DLC is around the beginning of June and that's assuming that they announce a DLC in the coming few days. It's not that bad since we have mods, but I really feel bad for the PS3 users. They get shafted.
    PS3 gets shafted for most things.

Except Heavy Rain... and Uncharted... and God of War...

I still haven't played any of those games and I've wanted to for years.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

21. Post #181
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    3,657 Posts
    Can i leave the stormcloaks even though i have joined them?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

22. Post #182
    I AM A PUTRID FUCK WHO CHASES AFTER PEOPLE'S VANS, SCARES GIRLS, FELL FOR A RANDOM FUCK ON THE INTERNET WHO I'VE NEVER EVEN SEEN, AND SHOVED RUSTY NAILS DOWN MY COCK FOR THEM.
    July 2008
    4,193 Posts
    Too late now. Reload save before you joined.

23. Post #183
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    10,899 Posts
    You can play turncoat during "The Jagged Crown".

24. Post #184
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    3,657 Posts
    You can play turncoat during "The Jagged Crown".
    I haven't done the jagged crown quest yet im supposed to find info from galmar.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

25. Post #185
    June 2009
    1,874 Posts
    I haven't done the jagged crown quest yet im supposed to find info from galmar.
    You can present the crown to either Tullius or Ulfric once you have it

26. Post #186
    March 2010
    1,737 Posts
    Hey guys, I've been searching but to no avail. Is there a mod for Skyrim that makes enemies flinch or react in some way after hitting them? Something like in Dark Messiah..

27. Post #187
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,540 Posts
    yeah there was a mod called deadly combat or something, you could interrupt their animations but they could also interrupt yours
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #188
    November 2009
    2,119 Posts
    One thing that I really liked about Morrowind was the fact that it combined a variety of cultures and architectures, along with landscapes to create one beautiful and varied game world. Cyrodiil is horrible in the fact that it's just one bland square mile of euro-landscape, and while Skyrim did better, it's still not as inspired as Vvardenfell was.
    If I can recall, they combined Egyptian, Middle-East, early Japanese, and Native American elements into Morrowind.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #189
    WE'VE GOT DODGSON HERE!
    August 2005
    1,945 Posts
    Honestly I know I'm the minority here, but I loved Cyrodiil because it was just a large forest. Skyrim clashes way too much between areas. One minute you're in a lush green forest and then the next you're in a volcanic area. I used to play in the forests a lot when I was young and they went on and on. Sure Cyrodiil could have used more hand crafted areas but it felt real because of how long it went on for.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

30. Post #190
    [B][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacos"]Tacos![/URL][/B]
    April 2008
    5,450 Posts
    Honestly I know I'm the minority here, but I loved Cyrodiil because it was just a large forest. Skyrim clashes way too much between areas. One minute you're in a lush green forest and then the next you're in a volcanic area. I used to play in the forests a lot when I was young and they went on and on. Sure Cyrodiil could have used more hand crafted areas but it felt real because of how long it went on for.
    I was always confused with how it can be snowing 5 feet away from sunny plains. Skyrim doesn't have any consistency, but at the same time it's not to scale as to what it would actually be. Like they squished it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

31. Post #191
    October 2010
    1,166 Posts
    Is there any way to get Daggerfall working on Windows 7 with a hi-res patch and maybe a patch for the awful controls?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Show Events

32. Post #192
    April 2008
    5,450 Posts
    Does it not run fine with DOSBox by default? I wouldn't know, I always thought it was too much trouble to bother with.

33. Post #193
    roar
    January 2008
    13,282 Posts
    Does it not run fine with DOSBox by default? I wouldn't know, I always thought it was too much trouble to bother with.
    All the old TES's are free from the bethesda site and work on modern computers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

34. Post #194
    April 2008
    5,450 Posts
    Oh my mistake I was under the impression you'd need DOSBox for them.

35. Post #195
    October 2010
    1,166 Posts
    Nope, you need dosbox for them (even the ones from Bethesda's website). The problem isn't getting it to run. It's making it playable. 15 years ago, I would have powered through the control scheme without a second thought, but today, I can't be assed trying to play at a low res with awful controls. DaggerXL is so buggy it is unplayable (you can't even loot bodies), although it makes it look a lot better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

36. Post #196
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,771 Posts
    The area south of Windhelm confused me greatly, the transition from volcanic tundra to 2 meter snow is too quick and doesn't feel natural.

Edited:

The problem isn't getting it to run. It's making it playable. 15 years ago, I would have powered through the control scheme without a second thought, but today, I can't be assed trying to play at a low res with awful controls.
    I tried to understand Daggerfall's movement. I had issues getting used to the camera and how to move it, but I understood the old school style of "hotkey to everything". Sure you had to equip a spell before you can cast it and there is a dice roll on everything, but I want to know how it plays because Daggerfall and Morrowind seems to have giant lore points in the series. Also, do not get started on the graphics, if I can see what is going on, I am more than happy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #197
    May 2010
    4,569 Posts
    A dragon landed in front of me, killmoved me and then died.

Wat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Philippines Show Events Funny Funny x 13 (list)

38. Post #198
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,771 Posts
    A dragon landed in front of me, killmoved me and then died.

Wat.
    What armor did you wear?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

39. Post #199
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,058 Posts
    The area south of Windhelm confused me greatly, the transition from volcanic tundra to 2 meter snow is too quick and doesn't feel natural.

Edited:

I tried to understand Daggerfall's movement. I had issues getting used to the camera and how to move it, but I understood the old school style of "hotkey to everything". Sure you had to equip a spell before you can cast it and there is a dice roll on everything, but I want to know how it plays because Daggerfall and Morrowind seems to have giant lore points in the series. Also, do not get started on the graphics, if I can see what is going on, I am more than happy.
    you guys do know daggerfall has a mouselook option right? makes it a lot easier to play.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Useful Useful x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #200
    August 2010
    6,943 Posts
    I think Skyrim has a severe lack of cloacks and pelts that you can wear over your armor.

Edited:

you guys do know daggerfall has a mouselook option right? makes it a lot easier to play.
    You can freely change every key and just play it like Skyrim.

Edited:

Is there any way to get Daggerfall working on Windows 7 with a hi-res patch and maybe a patch for the awful controls?
    For anyone who wants to play Daggerfall in an optimized version which runs fine one newer OS, just download this installer

It has patches, smooth controls, works on windows 7 and is really playable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Luxembourg Show Events