1. Post #121
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,129 Posts
    That was on CSS, not gmod. I wonder why you think it's a shame... Good thing that Garry is in control, and not some brainless idiot.
    ur an alt of a permabanned
    http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1031541

Edited:
    unless im horribly mistaken because all i did was google your steam ID and got a chatlog of someone claiming that you were ddosing gmod towers

I shouldn't really extend this as the other thread was closed and I guess you proved your innocence.
    PM me or something if you want to reply, no use spamming this thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

2. Post #122
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    2,023 Posts
    I think you will find I am not the only facepunch user in my family, my brother and I do do a lot of mod work together, and often don't take in the lines we shouldn't cross. You obviously want to make a poit of of something you know nothing about. Ningaglio is not my alt, I do not have an alt, my brother does. I you want to speak to him, pm me and I will pm his user name.

Edited:

And those claims are wrong... Stop digging in holes dug by other people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #123
    Dragon Dildoes
    Dennab
    April 2009
    4,432 Posts
    I think you will find I am not the only facepunch user in my family, my brother and I do do a lot of mod work together, and often don't take in the lines we shouldn't cross. You obviously want to make a poit of of something you know nothing about. Ningaglio is not my alt, I do not have an alt, my brother does. I you want to speak to him, pm me and I will pm his user name.

Edited:

And those claims are wrong... Stop digging in holes dug by other people.
    Well, if Ningaglio is in fact an alt of your BROTHER then you guys are both pretty dumb since he was behaving exactly like you, must just be a coincidence.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #124
    usa
    anarchisticstudios
    December 2011
    2,261 Posts
    Its very true that Source's banning system has a lack of control, maybe a rewrite of this system would be a good idea/feature for garry's mod (if it were possible).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux New Zealand Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #125
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    2,023 Posts
    I don't know who you are deciding who is dumb and who is not, because to be frank, I see that you are no better. My brother has an alt, and somehow the sheep on this forum who call them selves respected facepunch users decide that I am dumb.
    To, while I leave detective asshat to keep on find coincidences, I hope a moderator sees how users seem to team up on the smallest party.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12 (list)

6. Post #126
    June 2010
    1,601 Posts
    Wonderful, so from what I read, I can go back to my little lua based wallhacks that don't bypass SE2 and not worry about it. Great!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

7. Post #127
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    498 Posts
    You're looking for flaws in a system that garry is intentionally keeping secret, nobody innocent has been banned yet so why not wait until that time before complaining.
    Looking for flaws/bugs is something I just do. My brain is weird that way. (Possibly why I'm a programmer >_>)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Informative Informative x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #128
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,071 Posts
    Looking for flaws/bugs is something I just do. My brain is weird that way. (Possibly why I'm a programmer >_>)
    Garry is also a programmer so why not let him think about the flaws?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #129
    8==== ===== ===== ===== ===D
    Dennab
    April 2008
    4,831 Posts
    its funny because everyone complaining in this thread probably used sethhack themselves
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Disagree Disagree x 3Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #130
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts
    Could server owners have the option to enable/disable this?
    Also if someone is found to be "hacking" could the system save a copy of the questionable code for administrators to review if it was actually a hack.

For example i have some .dll's that i run client side that help me diagnose performance and client side lua. I'm afraid that by running these .dll's i will be flagged as a cheater even though they do nothing to cheat.

When is someone exactly flagged as a cheater? When the system detects they are cheating SE, or what? Is it possible to explain this without revealing too much?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Informative Informative x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #131
    100% Homemade
    September 2007
    8,346 Posts
    Could server owners have the option to enable/disable this?
    Also if someone is found to be "hacking" could the system save a copy of the questionable code for administrators to review if it was actually a hack.

For example i have some .dll's that i run client side that help me diagnose performance and client side lua. I'm afraid that by running these .dll's i will be flagged as a cheater even though they do nothing to cheat.

When is someone exactly flagged as a cheater? When the system detects they are cheating SE, or what? Is it possible to explain this without revealing too much?
    Did you even read the thread?

This about lua hacks, not anything modifying .dlls.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #132
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,129 Posts

This about lua hacks, not anything modifying .dlls.
    This is about modifying dll's (specifically garry's lua shared dll), not lua hacks.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 8Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #133
    Sorry about the downtime, now buy shit.
    February 2010
    1,588 Posts
    This is about modifying dll's (specifically garry's lua shared dll), not lua hacks.

The percentage of people who use .dll hacks is significantly lower than those who use Lua hacks. That's the thing, like I said, all this really does is ban mainly SethHack. While that's great, it still leaves a crapload of other Lua hacks. ScriptEnforcer isn't very effective either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

14. Post #134
    SirCrest is my life, so is yours.
    October 2009
    7,352 Posts
    The percentage of people who use .dll hacks is significantly lower than those who use Lua hacks. That's the thing, like I said, all this really does is ban mainly SethHack. While that's great, it still leaves a crapload of other Lua hacks. ScriptEnforcer isn't very effective either.
    I'm pretty this is supposed to detect most things trying to bypass SE
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #135
    We Are No Idiots
    March 2010
    4,722 Posts
    it still leaves a crapload of other Lua hacks. ScriptEnforcer isn't very effective either.
    PixelRender was removed in the beta and I'm pretty sure garry was given gm_scriptenforcer.dll. Theirs a couple other public available modules out their but if this anti cheat does what it suppose to do it will result in many bans.

16. Post #136
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    498 Posts
    What I don't understand is why PixelRender and Menu plugins were removed in the beta but haven't been removed in the stable release yet. I can understand not adding new features to the stable release, but if Garry is making an attempt to stop (or at least cut down on) hacking, why not do those two things in the stable release too?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

17. Post #137
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,071 Posts
    What I don't understand is why PixelRender and Menu plugins were removed in the beta but haven't been removed in the stable release yet. I can understand not adding new features to the stable release, but if Garry is making an attempt to stop (or at least cut down on) hacking, why not do those two things in the stable release too?
    Yeah, I've wondered why PixelRender hasn't been removed in the current retail version since it seems that 80% of people using ESP's are using it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

18. Post #138
    Facepunch's #1 Huskybutt
    July 2011
    2,093 Posts
    Yeah, I've wondered why PixelRender hasn't been removed in the current retail version since it seems that 80% of people using ESP's are using it.
    That claim seems unbelievable. Could you post how you found that percentage, exactly? I'm not trying to be an ass here, but I can't see how you can throw us some numbers without explaining how ( if ) they were obtained?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #139
    Sorry about the downtime, now buy shit.
    February 2010
    1,588 Posts
    That claim seems unbelievable. Could you post how you found that percentage, exactly? I'm not trying to be an ass here, but I can't see how you can throw us some numbers without explaining how ( if ) they were obtained?
    Don't be stupid. It's been known for ages that most ESP's use PixelRender. Numbers really don't matter at this point. A large number of people user ESP's that utilize it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #140
    Gold Member

March 2011
    112 Posts
    Loving the title Garry.
    Cheaters.cfg! Problem seth?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

21. Post #141
    Facepunch's #1 Huskybutt
    July 2011
    2,093 Posts
    Don't be stupid. It's been known for ages that most ESP's use PixelRender. Numbers really don't matter at this point. A large number of people user ESP's that utilize it.
    If numbers don't actually matter, why did you post the numbers you did? I know I'm getting annoyed at litle things here, but it's alot easier to say "most" or "almost always".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events

22. Post #142
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,549 Posts
    I use SaitoHUD (by Sk89q), will that trigger a hit? It's very advanced and could possibly be considered a cheating tool
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #143
    SirCrest is my life, so is yours.
    October 2009
    7,352 Posts
    I use SaitoHUD (by Sk89q), will that trigger a hit? It's very advanced and could possibly be considered a cheating tool
    I'm pretty this is supposed to detect most things trying to bypass SE
    Notice the combination of the words "Bypass" and "Scriptenforcer"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Zing Zing x 4 (list)

24. Post #144
    Gold Member

December 2011
    125 Posts
    One question, from the ban list now does it have people who used it before or people who injected a hack from when you uploaded this anti cheat?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #145
    kill yourself
    January 2012
    115 Posts
    I'm just wondering if a server bypassing SE for a client will cause a ban.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #146
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts
    Regardless, im scared to use my .dll in fear of the ban hammer.
    I guess ill have to test it on a private dedicated server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

27. Post #147
    November 2007
    529 Posts
    Regardless, im scared to use my .dll in fear of the ban hammer.
    I guess ill have to test it on a private dedicated server.
    The way that I understand it (and it has been stated by garry) is if you're not bypassing script enforcer, you have nothing to worry about. Even if you did get banned, this isn't like a VAC ban. If you provide evidence to garry, you should be unbanned - but as I said, you do not have to worry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

28. Post #148

November 2009
    15,549 Posts
    Notice the combination of the words "Bypass" and "Scriptenforcer"
    Hell if I know if SaitoHUD is trying to bypass SE.

29. Post #149
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    51 Posts
    Great that you are doing something about SH but I know people that got banned while using SH's FOV changer because they get headaches from playing the game 30 minutes if they don't use it... Is this true?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Belgium Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #150
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,071 Posts
    Great that you are doing something about SH but I know people that got banned while using SH's FOV changer because they get headaches from playing the game 30 minutes if they don't use it... Is this true?
    GMod has a built in FOV changer, if you're playing the game for 30 minutes and get a headache then why not do the obvious (and free) thing and take a break.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

31. Post #151
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,818 Posts
    Too much drama, not enough info.

Does this config file get executed if scriptenforcer isn't enabled on the server? I don't see any config files running it.

32. Post #152
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,129 Posts
    Why does it seem like most of the questions that are continuously coming in seem like deja vu, since they're usually the same questions asked over and over again?

Garry needs a FAQ page on this subject.

GMod has a built in FOV changer, if you're playing the game for 30 minutes and get a headache then why not do the obvious (and free) thing and take a break.
    I'll say it once and I'll say it again, everything good that SH has to offer has been free if you know where to look.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #153
    Noi
    Purrr ~
    February 2010
    1,225 Posts
    Hmm, if it's clientside then you can actually block any connection to garry's servers like garrysmod.com et cetera, therefore you won't get reported, no?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

34. Post #154
    September 2001
    12,398 Posts
    nope
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #155
    PENISCORP DIRECTOR
    August 2007
    3,110 Posts
    Hmm, if it's clientside then you can actually block any connection to garry's servers like garrysmod.com et cetera, therefore you won't get reported, no?
    It probably works through Steamworks (maybe leaderboards or something).

Edited:

Too much drama, not enough info.

Does this config file get executed if scriptenforcer isn't enabled on the server? I don't see any config files running it.
    Hardcoded in the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #156

January 2012
    20 Posts
    SaitoHUD disables its self for non-sandbox gamemodes unless you're an admin. It doesn't bypass SE.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #157
    How about changing .cfg file to serverside Lua script hooked to PlayerConnect or PlayerInitialSpawn?
    It doesn't write to banned_ids.cfg, and can be disabled serverside with hook.Remove or a global variable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

38. Post #158

November 2009
    15,549 Posts
    SaitoHUD disables its self for non-sandbox gamemodes unless you're an admin. It doesn't bypass SE.
    Ok, thank you!

39. Post #159
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    1,222 Posts
    I've been looking through the thread and I'm pretty sure I've got the answer I need, but I haven't found this question answered with a simple, authoritative "yes" or "no" so just making sure;

Is every single use of pure gmod lua safe under this new protection? Is there cause for concern if we do not use any scripts which attempt to bypass script enforcer?

For example; I am a moderator on a sandbox server who uses a pure lua script which highlights client positions. If I then join a competitive server, am I in trouble?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

40. Post #160
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,071 Posts
    Garry has said at least 3 times now that as long as you're not bypassing SE then you have nothing to worry about.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)