1. Post #601
    December 2011
    1,575 Posts
    why are you giving this so much attention
    the more attention this gets the less chance we have of someone else trying to charge for an awfully done source mod?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #602
    I MADE A SHITTY GAME BUT IF IM NICE TO EVERYONE THEY WILL LOVE AND ACCEPT ME
    May 2012
    101 Posts
    Riiiiiiiight.
    Leeeeeft.

but seriously he is not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 24 (list)

3. Post #603
    December 2011
    1,575 Posts
    Leeeeeft.

but seriously he is not.
    He's definitely the worst kind of person you want people to associate your "game" with though.
    JESS LET ME SAY SUMTHANG
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 25 (list)

4. Post #604
    May 2012
    101 Posts
    He's definitely the worst kind of person you want people to associate your "game" with though.
    JESS LET ME SAY SUMTHANG
    We spoke with him and asked him to stop making posts. So hopefully that has stopped him or slowed him down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 50 (list)

5. Post #605
    [SIZE=6][COLOR="#EE82EE"]Hardcore My Little Pony Fan[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    July 2008
    5,870 Posts
    Also one thing i'm wondering, how did you find facepunch and interlopers ?

6. Post #606

May 2012
    9 Posts
    Leeeeeft.

but seriously he is not.
    It's somebody you know, or someone to whom you are related.

Devoting lots of time to rubbishing your game is understandable, because rubbernecking at a train wreck can be addictive. It's beyond belief that anybody would spend so many hours defending this mess, particularly when Stixmaster/Stixworld is following the dev's line about admitting the game isn't that good. What could an independent fan possibly like so much about your game that he/she would behave in this way?

Then there's the oddness of the videos. How come Stix is playing online with Tiger Lily? How come Tiger Lily makes the same errors as Stix? For example, I've never seen anyone say "threw" instead of "through" before, but both of them do. I would suggest they know each other very well. Possibly from the same bathroom mirror.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

7. Post #607
    October 2009
    5,852 Posts
    Supermoose76

I would like to say that please stop making an worse reputation for you and the whole " Dark artz entertainment" Family not even an team AN family

Your game is an exact copy of left 4 dead you even ripped off the ui and most of the content the ONLY work you have done is a few characters and levels but thats it i mean you can even give yourself l4d2 items trough the console

the game quality is pure garbage the animations suck,the "Incredible only one weapon that morphs into new projectiles" weapon is also pure garbage i mean i understand it took you guys long time to make the game but in none of these developentment moments you couldnt see that the quality is HORRIBLE?

and the way you keep telling "Trollers" and "Haters" to every person who gives CONSTRUCTIVE criticism to the game is just stupid

and the fact you create an new user to rate the game yourself in metacritic
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Venezuela Show Events Zing Zing x 7Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

8. Post #608
    May 2012
    101 Posts
    Also one thing i'm wondering, how did you find facepunch and interlopers ?
    People inform us about stuff. We are watching O_O
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13Optimistic Optimistic x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #609
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    14,019 Posts
    Supermoose76

I would like to say that please stop making an worse reputation for you and the whole " Dark artz entertainment" Family not even an team AN family

Your game is an exact copy of left 4 dead you even ripped off the ui and most of the content the ONLY work you have done is a few characters and levels but thats it i mean you can even give yourself l4d2 items trough the console

the game quality is pure garbage the animations suck,the "Incredible only one weapon that morphs into new projectiles" weapon is also pure garbage i mean i understand it took you guys long time to make the game but in none of these developentment moments you couldnt see that the quality is HORRIBLE?
    The game would have been completely redeemable if not for the fact that it (seemingly) wasn't in development long enough. There's too many rookie mistakes too, along with the obvious copy+pasting.

It's definitely not the worse thing to touch the face of the planet like you guys are exclaiming it to be, but it is bad. It looks like it was made a decade ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #610
    So many more better games could've taken the spot on steam store, but NOO. How did they even afford to license source?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

11. Post #611
    May 2012
    101 Posts
    It's somebody you know, or someone to whom you are related.

Devoting lots of time to rubbishing your game is understandable, because rubbernecking at a train wreck can be addictive. It's beyond belief that anybody would spend so many hours defending this mess, particularly when Stixmaster/Stixworld is following the dev's line about admitting the game isn't that good. What could an independent fan possibly like so much about your game that he/she would behave in this way?

Then there's the oddness of the videos. How come Stix is playing online with Tiger Lily? How come Tiger Lily makes the same errors as Stix? For example, I've never seen anyone say "threw" instead of "through" before, but both of them do. I would suggest they know each other very well. Possibly from the same bathroom mirror.
    We've been playing with lots of gamers lately. She happen to be in the same game when he made the video.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #612
    The game would have been completely redeemable if not for the fact that it (seemingly) wasn't in development long enough. There's too many rookie mistakes too, along with the obvious copy+pasting.
    Time alone wouldn't help, they obviously don't have skilled designers so the game is a mess.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Agree Agree x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #613
    AUTISTIC DOTA WANKER
    June 2006
    7,361 Posts
    We spoke with him and asked him to stop making posts. So hopefully that has stopped him or slowed him down.
    Do you possess even an ounce of professionalism?

Do you understand what that is?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

14. Post #614
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    14,019 Posts
    Time alone wouldn't help, they obviously don't have skilled designers so the game is a mess.
    Have you ever heard the saying 'practice makes perfect'? Eventually they would get it, in my mind. People aren't born knowing how to make games, it's an acquired ability.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

15. Post #615
    May 2012
    101 Posts
    Supermoose76

and the way you keep telling "Trollers" and "Haters" to every person who gives CONSTRUCTIVE criticism to the game is just stupid

and the fact you create an new user to rate the game yourself in metacritic
    How am I making it worse by talking to you all?

I also don't think any of you are trolls or haters. You have your own opinion about the game and I am not bashing you for what you say.

Edited:

Have you ever heard the saying 'practice makes perfect'? Eventually they would get it, in my mind. People aren't born knowing how to make games, it's an acquired ability.
    Practice does make perfect if the practice is perfect. Bad practice doesn't get better :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 12 (list)

16. Post #616
    [SIZE=6][COLOR="#EE82EE"]Hardcore My Little Pony Fan[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    July 2008
    5,870 Posts
    I know that, considering how I would consider myself a developer as well. Really the only difference is that I didn't commercially release my first works.

This is really just an example of being too ambitious with you're first project, having a general lack of experience and having a game idea what is really not that good to begin with.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #617
    Kyo
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    514 Posts
    Did you have anyone beta test the game, other then the people working on it?

18. Post #618
    May 2012
    101 Posts
    Do you possess even an ounce of professionalism?

Do you understand what that is?
    Yes I understand perfectly. Saying stuff like "F you or F off or You have no clue get a life" is unprofessional

19. Post #619
    They'd need to take some real classes or spend quite a few years practicing to get adequate level of knowledge.
    Even if you have pro artists, if you have no designer to put all that together you get a poor game.

Where to place entities, gui design, overall feel of the game, all that needs a proper design.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #620
    May 2012
    101 Posts
    I know that, considering how I would consider myself a developer as well. Really the only difference is that I didn't commercially release my first works.

This is really just an example of being too ambitious with you're first project, having a general lack of experience and having a game idea what is really not that good to begin with.
    Exactly! We jumped the gun and now we are paying the penalty for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 9Friendly Friendly x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #621
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,573 Posts
    Haha, oh man. Golden.

I knew something was up when this thread suddenly had 40 posts more.

Hi moose!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

22. Post #622
    Yes I understand perfectly. Saying stuff like "F you or F off or You have no clue get a life" is unprofessional
    Okay good good, you know the basic levels of not being an asshole. Now how about some real professionalism?

23. Post #623
    May 2012
    101 Posts
    Did you have anyone beta test the game, other then the people working on it?
    We had a few gamers but I don't think they were the best gamers to test our game.

Edited:

Haha, oh man. Golden.

I knew something was up when this thread suddenly had 40 posts more.

Hi moose!
    Hello munto :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

24. Post #624
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,573 Posts

You must be the guy who made that "apocolypse" part of the trailer
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Zing Zing x 27Funny Funny x 6 (list)

25. Post #625
    May 2012
    101 Posts
    Okay good good, you know the basic levels of not being an asshole. Now how about some real professionalism?
    Well i'm taking everything I've read with a grain of salt. I'm replying with the best of my ability. I'm trying to communicate back with information that you all want. So how is that? Still not good enough?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

26. Post #626
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,657 Posts
    We had a few gamers but I don't think they were the best gamers to test our game.

Edited:

I know you said that you jumped the gun earlier, but why did you go out and license the source engine and not make this a mod first?

27. Post #627
    December 2011
    1,575 Posts
    Honestly supermoose isn't doing anything wrong in the manner hes posting here. I knew it was inevitable for a dev or stixmaster to make an account but I pictured them getting real angry and being permad off the bat. So boy what a shocker.. maybe stixmaster will still try to get his 2 cents in here...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 25 (list)

28. Post #628
    May 2012
    101 Posts
    You must be the guy who made that "apocolypse" part of the trailer
    Lol no. The video editor missed spelled that word. :/

Edited:

I know you said that you jumped the gun earlier, but why did you go out and license the source engine and not make this a mod first?
    We thought that is what we had to do. We also wanted to turn this into a career.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #629
    December 2011
    1,575 Posts

Edited:

We thought that is what we had to do. We also wanted to turn this into a career.
    should have started with a mod then went onto a game that you expect people to pay for
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

30. Post #630
    May 2012
    101 Posts
    Honestly supermoose isn't doing anything wrong in the manner hes posting here. I knew it was inevitable for a dev or stixmaster to make an account but I pictured them getting real angry and being permad off the bat. So boy what a shocker.. maybe stixmaster will still try to get his 2 cents in here...
    I hope he doesn't make a account. He isn't helping us at all with what he is saying. No offense to him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

31. Post #631
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,573 Posts
    Oh yes, he sure is doing nicely. This is so fresh after witnessing all the enraged so-called artists back in DA appreciation thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 2 (list)

32. Post #632
    October 2010
    1,166 Posts
    I have some honest questions. Others might use the answer to troll you or whatever. I won't. Actually, I doubt you'll get trolled. You seem to be pretty reasonable.

How much did you invest into this?
    Did your family invest?
    Have you made any money back?
    If you lost money, what happens with your investors?

33. Post #633
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,657 Posts

Edited:

Not to sound offensive, but i'm going to assume that you're naive and don't know what you're doing. The important thing is learn from your mistakes and don't act like an asshole.

34. Post #634
    I bought a title for $1.
    March 2011
    3,056 Posts
    What exactly was going on at your office that took 2 years, Supermoose?

35. Post #635
    Dr. Conro J. Norock, Robot Sarcasm Master
    July 2007
    7,708 Posts
    I'd like to say I bought this game and I am looking forward to playing it with a friend.

Take from that what you will.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #636
    May 2012
    101 Posts
    How much did you invest into this? I can't speak on this.
    Did your family invest? Yes
    Have you made any money back? I can't speak on this.
    If you lost money, what happens with your investors? I can't speak on this.

I'll try to answer as much as I can but there is some answers I can't speak on just because I'm not allowed to or I don't know the answer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

37. Post #637
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    88 Posts
    I've gotta ask.

any plans on finishing/releasing the tides of blood and underworld passage campaigns? as laughable as this game can be sometimes i'm honestly kinda having fun

38. Post #638
    I like you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

39. Post #639
    I bought a title for $1.
    March 2011
    3,056 Posts
    How much did you invest into this? I can't speak on this.
    Did your family invest? Yes
    Have you made any money back? I can't speak on this.
    If you lost money, what happens with your investors? I can't speak on this.

I'll try to answer as much as I can but there is some answers I can't speak on just because I'm not allowed to or I don't know the answer.
    So you've lost a shitload of money then
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

40. Post #640
    May 2012
    101 Posts
    Not to sound offensive, but i'm going to assume that you're naive and don't know what you're doing. The important thing is learn from your mistakes and don't act like an asshole.
    I can't say that I'm naive because I had a different opinion on the game than the other devs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)