1. Post #921
    April 2011
    5,449 Posts
    To be honest, I don't think the game would win the worst game of the year award, it's not that great, but it's not completely shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 15 (list)

2. Post #922
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    5,446 Posts
    To be honest, I don't think the game would win the worst game of the year award, it's not that great, but it's not completely shit.
    Name one game that's worse than this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #923
    July 2008
    3,678 Posts
    Big Rigs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #924
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    So this thread went from a good thread to "DarkArtz veneration and prayer circlejerk" ?

CONGRATS FACEPUNCH KEEP THE REDDIT ATTITUDE COMING

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13 (list)

5. Post #925
    [SIZE=6][COLOR="#EE82EE"]Hardcore My Little Pony Fan[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    July 2008
    5,870 Posts
    That game is 22 years old and it at least has some pretty kick ass music, which is something revelations doesn't have.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #926
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    5,446 Posts
    I was talking about games being released in the last 3 years. Big Rigs have already got several "rewards".

7. Post #927
    So this thread went from a good thread to "DarkArtz veneration and prayer circlejerk" ?

How dare we be nice to someone? We all are terrible people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #928
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    4,435 Posts
    Not to sound like an asshole, but what would you do if this won a "Worst game of 2012" award?
    It's probably the worst game on Steam right now. And the worst game using the Source Engine.

Edited:

How dare we be nice to someone? We all are terrible people.
    One of the devs being here and him seeming to be nice guy doesn't change anything about how we should feel about this shitty game though.
    And why would anyone be a terrible person for pointing it out? It's not our fault they made it and released it in that state.
    This game however many improvements they will make to it will never be good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 13Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

9. Post #929
    September 2009
    3,734 Posts
    When I came into this thread at first I just laughed with everyone else at how terrible the game is. Really, its horrible, and i still stick to that notion. But after supermoose came in and remained completely calm and nice to everyone even through the harsh criticism all I wanna see is this game get fixed into something workable and succeed a little bit. All the other team members seem like dicks though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #930
    Place a message on my profile stating how you feel towards me. (obligatory: scriptkiddy destroyer)
    March 2012
    4,438 Posts
    It's probably the worst game on Steam right now. And the worst game using the Source Engine.

Edited:

One of the devs being here and him seeming to be nice guy doesn't change anything about how we should feel about this shitty game though.
    And why would anyone be a terrible person for pointing it out? It's not our fault they made it and released it in that state.
    If you would read you would know that the boss/ceo rushed the game out and didn't listen to the devs who told him that it wasn't anywhere near done.
    they will add updates and all kinds of nice shit apparently.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #931
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,876 Posts
    Supermoose does seem like a cool enough guy, but it doesn't change the fact that the game is really, really horrible.

Ofcourse, it might improve, but at the moment it is still bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 17Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #932
    Being Nice to people gave me this shitty title
    April 2011
    1,610 Posts
    QWOP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 18Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #933
    August 2010
    6,943 Posts
    They definitly should change that horrible gun. One of the core aspects of a good FPS is to have satisfying guns which are actually fun to shoot. For instance like Red Orchestra or Killing Floor. That abysmal gun in this game offers no fun, no recoil, no power to it. Besides it is a cheap way to save yourself some work without having to add tons of weapons.

Edited:

Look at this cunt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Luxembourg Show Events Funny Funny x 28Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #934
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    4,435 Posts
    If you would read you would know that the boss/ceo rushed the game out and didn't listen to the devs who told him that it wasn't anywhere near done.
    Does it change the fact that it got released and is being sold and therefore should be judged on its current state? Nope. Still sucks and shouldn't be bought.

Edited:

Ofcourse, it might improve, but at the moment it is still bad.
    Improvements would only make it a little less shit, but this game can never be improved to a point where it is actually good.

If you ask me the devs should abandon the game if not the whole company and start learning from their mistakes instead of doing damage control and getting the most money out of it as possible.
    I wouldn't advise putting Dark Artz or Revelations 2012 on the CV.

Edited:

IMO there is no hope for Revelations 2012

Edited:

and it's quite likely that Dark Artz Entertainment will not recover from this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

15. Post #935
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    6,778 Posts

Holy fuck you know how many times something like that has been said? Stop. Just stop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #936
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,450 Posts
    That game is 22 years old and it at least has some pretty kick ass music, which is something revelations doesn't have.
    Woah, 22 years???

We've come far in terms of Game Tech
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #937
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts
    this is the most stupid logic i have ever read

it does entitle the game to have a different opinion because a portion of why people thought the game was so bad is because they thought the developer team consists of a bunch of assholes who are bad at making games and just wanted to make a quick buck

supermoose is living proof of that not being as true, and that revelations 2012 is a game where people had a dream and failed miserably, and that it was all in honest work. they deserve some ounce of respect for that, even if the game is bad. to actually sit here and insist we keep insulting the dev team and the game when we're having nice discussions with a dev team member is really obnoxious
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 8Agree Agree x 3Zing Zing x 1 (list)

18. Post #938
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    4,435 Posts

it does entitle the game to have a different opinion because a portion of why people thought the game was so bad is because they thought the developer team consists of a bunch of assholes who are bad at making games and just wanted to make a quick buck

supermoose is living proof of that not being as true, and that revelations 2012 is a game where people had a dream and failed miserably, and that it was all in honest work. they deserve some ounce of respect for that, even if the game is bad. to actually sit here and insist we keep insulting the dev team and the game when we're having nice discussions with a dev team member is really obnoxious
    It's a dog-eat-dog world. Even in the Gaming Industry.
    It does seem unfortunate, if it's true what he is saying.
    Doesn't make me dislike the game any less though. I don't buy and enjoy games simply because of sympathy I may feel towards a dev who worked on it.

Also the fact that the dream failed should be a signal that they ought to abandon the game, and not to try to fix what is beyond repair.
    To think they can take what Revelations 2012 is now and make it into something which people will like and buy is delusional. It won't happen.
    I'm sorry if that makes me seem obnoxious, but I'm just irritably realistic about most things in life.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

19. Post #939
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    6,834 Posts
    Realistic or pessimistic? If everyone was of the opinion "Why bother, it's not going to work anyway?" no one would have gotten any shit done in the past few decades.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #940
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,962 Posts
    How dare you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 20Disagree Disagree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

21. Post #941
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    Holy fuck you know how many times something like that has been said? Stop. Just stop.
    Sorry I can't stand to see one of my favorite thread turned into bullshit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #942
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,283 Posts
    Sorry I can't stand to see one of my favorite thread turned into bullshit.
    I can't stand it either but come on man, Lets just move on.

23. Post #943

May 2012
    9 Posts
    Look at this lying bastard

It was clearly advertised this game was to have been known before its release to have been using the L4D2 engine.

Wasnt a big deal till the game got released.

Peeps must have horrible research history.

I seriously knew it was using the L4D2 engine before its release. It was clearly told to the public.

---Stixsmaster
    Sorry Supermoose. I know you're under pressure, but I still feel a bit disappointed that you continue to lie to us about Stixmaster.

There is no way anybody on this Earth was rubbing their hands together thinking "OMG OMG I CANNOT WAIT FOR REVELATIONS 2012 IT IS GOING TO BE SO ORSM", reading your pre-release publicity (seriously, what pre-release publicity?), and then loves it so much he gives it 9/10 on Metacritic. No way whatsoever.

Edited:

Except they weren't. The majority of the team was talking about quite grand plans for their incoming megabucks on the company website.

They were definitely out to make a quick buck, and thought investment could replace experience. Make free mods first? Nah, go straight for the commercial release. Learn animation? Nah, rent mo-cap. Hire a programmer? Nah, we'll just buy the engine and figure it out.

Ultimately this has pissed off people in the same way that fake/overegged Kickstarter projects get people wound up. They're concerned that things like this get stamped on in no uncertain terms so that a good thing doesn't get spoiled by a minority of chancers. It's also a little damaging to real mod teams, in a way, since few of them will have a backer with more money than understanding to allow them to make that straight-to-Steam leap.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

24. Post #944
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    4,435 Posts
    Realistic or pessimistic? If everyone was of the opinion "Why bother, it's not going to work anyway?" no one would have gotten any shit done in the past few decades.
    Realistic thinking is often mistaken for pessimism. Also that is a pretty dumb argument since we wouldn't have gotten shit done if or at least survived if we were blind optimists about everything.
    I never said that I say "Why bother, it's not going to work anyway?" to everything.
    I say it to this however. This game will never be good. Never.

It should never have been released for sale on Steam.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #945
    One of the devs being here and him seeming to be nice guy doesn't change anything about how we should feel about this shitty game though.And why would anyone be a terrible person for pointing it out? It's not our fault they made it and released it in that state.
    We didn't change our minds about how the game is, we're just adapting to the idea that the develepors are hard at work attempting to fix the mistakes. I guess you guys are just afraid of change.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #946
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    4,435 Posts
    We didn't change our minds about how the game is, we're just adapting to the idea that the develepors are hard at work attempting to fix the mistakes. I guess you guys are just afraid of change.
    yep that's it, I'm trembling with fear
    What change? From a shitty game to a slightly less shittier game, which is still shit altogether? Go right ahead my dear devs. Knock yourselves out.

I know the dev claimed they are working hard to fix mistakes.
    The fact remains however that the whole game in itself is a mistake. And continuing to work on it is a waste of time because it won't make a difference.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #947
    February 2009
    3,151 Posts
    Yeah I seriously can't see this game being improved what so ever. You can put lipstick on a pig but at the end of the day it's still a pig.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #948
    Yeah I seriously can't see this game being improved what so ever. You can put lipstick on a pig but at the end of the day it's still a pig.
    So you mean, if we'll slaughter this game, it'll be delicious?

Edited:

PUI.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Israel Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

29. Post #949
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,199 Posts
    Guys, enough of that, please. I'm sure by now he's been told enough that the game doesn't necessarily meet what we would consider market standards, so let's stop reminding him of the fact, aye?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

30. Post #950
    February 2009
    3,151 Posts
    So you mean, if we'll slaughter this game, it'll be delicious?

Edited:

PUI.
    Why yes

31. Post #951
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    4,435 Posts
    Guys, enough of that, please. I'm sure by now he's been told enough that the game doesn't necessarily meet what we would consider market standards, so let's stop reminding him of the fact, aye?
    How about nay? There is no reason to.
    Also the topic of this thread is how shitty this game is, in case you've forgotten.

White knighting a game dev of a shitty game, didn't think I'd see it happen here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

32. Post #952
    August 2010
    6,943 Posts
    Gordon pretty much sums everything up.

I understand if a group of people have a dream or project that they want to create, it is fairly natural and ambition is a great trait. But when it comes to business you have to be somewhat realistic and set goals for you company. You have to achieve them and try to build yourself up step by step.

Planning is great and in theory things always sound nice, but things are different when you are progressing and you have adapt and change your objectives according to your current situation. I also had some projects, social events that I organized with some co-workers, during the planning and execution a lot went wrong. So we scraped old ideas and changed the project completely or else we would just create some half-assed event like with this game.

They should have choosen to develop a different game, this is way to ambitious.

Every game deserves a fair chance but this game does many things horrible and some cannot be fixed. First off it blantantly rips off L4D, everything is just taken from it. I understand that games are similiar to other games and have been inspired by those (Diablo&Torchlight, X-Com&Xenonauts, L4D&Killing Floor) but this is simply a complete insult, they do not even try to spice it up with their own stuff. The mechanics are not really well thought out, only one (weak) weapon with no satisfaction. Eating hearts and collecting some stupid stuff? Then you have such a small variety of enemies. It is simply tedious, general gameplay is simply boring. Graphics are bad and animations are really stiff, that aspect might be subjective but it is fairly visible that this point needs an overhaul.

Also then charging 20$ for such a game on Steam? A simple insult to anyone.

DarkArts should have developped another far more easier game or start making some advanced flashgames. Especially with a studio that has nearly no experience.

No offence to the devs, I know how it can be hard to create something with other people, it is a difficult process and things get out of hands. Supermoose might be a cool guy, but it does not change the fact that this game is an insult.

Edited:

Well, what do you want to talk about? Nobody is such a bloody idiot to buy this game and yet actually be interested in the gameplay. Besides of those who got it for shits and giggles.

33. Post #953
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,951 Posts
    Left 4 Dead 2. Revelations is an improvement upon it in every single way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 21Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #954
    September 2010
    1,941 Posts
    If Supermoose's claims are true, then I feel genuinely sorry for him. Nobody should have to work underneath such arrogant, greedy and talentless dickheads, especially as an indie developer.

My opinion of Supermoose has grown better, but my opinion of the company as a whole and the game itself remains unchanged. This whole situation would probably be a lot more funny to me if it wasn't for the fact that this game still managed to get on the Steam store for the sole reason that it licensed the Source engine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

35. Post #955
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,586 Posts
    There are a few games worse than this, yes, but again, not to be mean to supermoose since he's been awesome this entire time, but give me a reason that a website wouldn't claim that this game is the worst game of 2012.

To be honest the whole idea of the mayans in the game is pretty weak

You also need to have more interesting and unique protagonists instead of 4 random kids with the power glove
    But i love the power glove, it's so bad.

Facepunch, bashes everything until a dev shwos up. Then it turns in the most friendly forum ever.

Hypocrites
    Usually when one of the dev's shows up and actually communicates with us without talking down to us, we're going to treat him a lot better than if he acts like a douchebag.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #956
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,002 Posts
    Supermoose is a cool guy. Shame he seems to be working with arrogant folks...

37. Post #957
    I MADE A SHITTY GAME BUT IF IM NICE TO EVERYONE THEY WILL LOVE AND ACCEPT ME
    May 2012
    101 Posts
    It's going to be a while before you all see changes. It won't be a over night thing. That's for sure.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

38. Post #958
    I HAVE SEVERE AUTISM AND IM FRIENDS WITH BRONYS
    April 2006
    2,763 Posts
    It's going to be a while before you all see changes. It won't be a over night thing. That's for sure.
    You don't have to tell us that again, you can't polish shit that easy to make it look good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

39. Post #959
    I MADE A SHITTY GAME BUT IF IM NICE TO EVERYONE THEY WILL LOVE AND ACCEPT ME
    May 2012
    101 Posts
    You don't have to tell us that again, you can't polish shit that easy to make it look good.
    Good thing this isn't pottery ;) Once its baked. You are fucked.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #960
    GOD FUCKING DAMNIT
    September 2005
    1,391 Posts
    Hey Supermoose, I've send you guys an email and offered my skills to give the game a decent german translation. Yet no one answered it - do you know anything?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)