1. Post #1001
    I MADE A SHITTY GAME BUT IF IM NICE TO EVERYONE THEY WILL LOVE AND ACCEPT ME
    May 2012
    101 Posts
    Who ever mirrored this picture didn't notice that army was incorrect
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Informative Informative x 2 (list)

2. Post #1002
    I feel bad for these people. Spent 2 years on a game and now it's out and it's shit. But honestly, they should have seen that this game isn't on par with the current quality of any game
    What?!
    2 years?
    Come on I could make it alone in a week and a half.
    And I'm not putting myself at high regards here, anyone who's got decent knowledge of modelling, programming and level design could.
    Hell, the only thing I couldn't replicate would be the voice at the beginning.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

3. Post #1003
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,935 Posts
    Hmm. Kinda almost looks... like.....

Troll Artz
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 29Funny Funny x 4Artistic Artistic x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #1004
    May 2012
    101 Posts
    Hmm. Kinda almost looks... like.....

Troll Artz
    I'm always mad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #1005
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,001 Posts

I SHALL CONSUME YOUR FLESH, MORTAL
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Pakistan Show Events Funny Funny x 28Useful Useful x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #1006
    May 2008
    814 Posts
    My god. Stixsworld is the most arrogant person I have ever seen on the internet. He just whines about how his precious bloody FRAPS and all his other crap are far superior to the Srcdemo2 that he can't even run. He won't even touch the debug feature since he doesn't want to look inferior for taking some help. *rant over*

Anyhow, back to discussing Revelations 2012's bleak future and the huge bloated face of the Army Guy deity.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #1007
    [SIZE=6][COLOR="#EE82EE"]Hardcore My Little Pony Fan[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    July 2008
    5,870 Posts
    http://www.gamer.nl/review/292697/revelations-2012

Revelations 2012 is a hilarious experience, because this idiotic and pretty much unplayable can't have been made with a serious intent. The game gets one whole point for the laughs it caused, and that's it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Informative Informative x 4Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #1008

May 2012
    9 Posts
    Supermoose: your team would do well to read this.

http://steveblank.com/2012/05/14/9-d...start-up-sins/

Not every example will appear to line up with Dark Artz because he's speaking about other kinds of businesses, which is why I've written out the titles below. Read as a list, it's almost 100% accurate to all of your problems with the possible exception of point #9 (although, if you were to employ truly experienced people to fix your problems then that's a huge potential danger).

1. Assuming you know what the customer wants

2. The "I know what features to build" flaw

3. Focusing on the launch date

4. Emphasising execution instead of testing, learning, and iteration

5. Writing a business plan that doesn't allow for trial and error

6. Confusing traditional job titles with a startup's needs
    [This one is so important. Should you have had an artist and an animator? Probably not. A 2D artist with good model-crafting skills and basic skeletal animation ability is not that hard to find, and in fact you could probably find someone with all of that and a bit of mapping ability. As it was, you employed three people to do all of these tasks badly. Same with all those senior roles: someone should have been good at marketing, accounting, project management, etc but as it was you had these roles because you thought you ought to, and gave them to the least qualified but oldest family members in exchange for their support. Most small games companies wouldn't even have these roles: just the team and a team leader.]

7. Executing on a sales and marketing plan

8. Prematurely scaling your company based on a presumption of success

9. Management by crisis, which leads to a death spiral

9. Post #1009
    May 2012
    101 Posts
    Supermoose: your team would do well to read this.

http://steveblank.com/2012/05/14/9-d...start-up-sins/

Not every example will appear to line up with Dark Artz because he's speaking about other kinds of businesses, which is why I've written out the titles below. Read as a list, it's almost 100% accurate to all of your problems with the possible exception of point #9 (although, if you were to employ truly experienced people to fix your problems then that's a huge potential danger).

1. Assuming you know what the customer wants

2. The "I know what features to build" flaw

3. Focusing on the launch date

4. Emphasising execution instead of testing, learning, and iteration

5. Writing a business plan that doesn't allow for trial and error

6. Confusing traditional job titles with a startup's needs
    [This one is so important. Should you have had an artist and an animator? Probably not. A 2D artist with good model-crafting skills and basic skeletal animation ability is not that hard to find, and in fact you could probably find someone with all of that and a bit of mapping ability. As it was, you employed three people to do all of these tasks badly. Same with all those senior roles: someone should have been good at marketing, accounting, project management, etc but as it was you had these roles because you thought you ought to, and gave them to the least qualified but oldest family members in exchange for their support. Most small games companies wouldn't even have these roles: just the team and a team leader.]

7. Executing on a sales and marketing plan

8. Prematurely scaling your company based on a presumption of success

9. Management by crisis, which leads to a death spiral
    I would say its kinda too late to read that since we already know most our flaws. If not all of our flaws. We're heading in the right direction now. We're also taking the time to look at other games. To see what gave success in those. That's just one of the many things we're doing. We're also getting some free help from talented people. They are helping us in little bits and pieces. So we're not just sitting back with a beer in our hands and watching them mold our game. ;) Most of the work is still on Dark artz hands.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Winner Winner x 6Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #1010
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,469 Posts
    It's a pretty okay game. I got laughs out of it. 6/10 for effort.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #1011
    June 2008
    5,000 Posts
    I'm always mad.
    That's my secret Captain
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Zing Zing x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #1012
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,469 Posts
    I would say its kinda too late to read that since we already know most our flaws. If not all of our flaws. We're heading in the right direction now. We're also taking the time to look at other games. To see what gave success in those. That's just one of the many things we're doing. We're also getting some free help from talented people. They are helping us in little bits and pieces. So we're not just sitting back with a beer in our hands and watching them mold our game. ;) Most of the work is still on Dark artz hands.
    Honestly, I think your game had some great ideas in it just poor execution.

It's fun with friends just for laughs and any game that can do that deserves more than a 3/10. But looking at it objectively, it's a pretty bad game. It's still not the worst game I've ever played, mind you. That honor goes to M&M Kart Racing. If you want to see a REALLY REALLY bad game with no fun at all even with friends, play that game.

13. Post #1013
    The best headhumper of the galaxy.
    January 2012
    2,786 Posts

It's fun with friends just for laughs and any game that can do that deserves more than a 3/10. But looking at it objectively, it's a pretty bad game. It's still not the worst game I've ever played, mind you. That honor goes to M&M Kart Racing. If you want to see a REALLY REALLY bad game with no fun at all even with friends, play that game.
    I thought the worst game was E.T. for the Atari 2600.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #1014
    [SIZE=6][COLOR="#EE82EE"]Hardcore My Little Pony Fan[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    July 2008
    5,870 Posts
    I wonder if this will be on the steam summer sales.

Would be a nice game to play for shits n giggles, the "so bad it's good" routine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

15. Post #1015
    May 2012
    101 Posts

I think that is our biggest problem. We rush everything. We've had many deadlines that we thought we would hit but blew through each one. Our first one was december 2010. The game looks way better than it was back then. That's a given though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #1016
    A highly respected gentleman in Chernarus
    June 2010
    2,094 Posts
    You're all going to feel like morons when Dark Artz Entertainment gets GOTY and all the other fucking awards on the whole God damn planet, including the Pulitzer and the Nobel Peace Prize, you stupid fuckers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #1017
    February 2010
    1,704 Posts
    They look like that are wearing Nintendo power gloves.

18. Post #1018
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    9,759 Posts
    You're all going to feel like morons when Dark Artz Entertainment gets GOTY and all the other fucking awards on the whole God damn planet, including the Pulitzer and the Nobel Peace Prize, you stupid fuckers.
    Are you working for them?

19. Post #1019
    February 2011
    203 Posts
    New Final Combat?

20. Post #1020
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    11,822 Posts
    I thought the worst game was E.T. for the Atari 2600.
    ET 2600 is a fairly bad game, correct; but it was created on limited technology. The primary problem was that the game never educated you as to its own rules, but once you overcome that its surprisingly playable, albeit absolutely terrible.

There's one thing you can say though: it was wholly original in its content. Given that and the limitations of the format, I'd call ET 2600 a vastly more playable game than this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #1021
    May 2008
    814 Posts
    Can't tell if being sarcastic, or stupid. I'm going to go with sarcastic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

22. Post #1022
    May 2012
    101 Posts
    Does anyone know if your game has to be finished for IGF = Independent Games Festival??
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

23. Post #1023
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,282 Posts
    ET 2600 is a fairly bad game, correct; but it was created on limited technology. The primary problem was that the game never educated you as to its own rules, but once you overcome that its surprisingly playable, albeit absolutely terrible.

There's one thing you can say though: it was wholly original in its content. Given that and the limitations of the format, I'd call ET 2600 a vastly more playable game than this.
    Not to mention it was rushed so they could get it out for the holiday season. It could have been something else had they been given time.

24. Post #1024
    October 2011
    378 Posts
    Just a heads up for anyone who wants the game, it's Steam's daily deal for $5 today.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/201070/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #1025
    What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?
    June 2006
    2,334 Posts
    Does anyone know if your game has to be finished for IGF = Independent Games Festival??
    I think it has to not be terrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

26. Post #1026
    February 2009
    3,143 Posts
    I'll give someone a tf2 key for this if they buy a 4 pack and give me a copy.
    edit:done and done thanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

27. Post #1027
    May 2012
    101 Posts
    I think it has to not be terrible.
    I don't think that is the case.

28. Post #1028
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,697 Posts
    I don't think that is the case.
    Heh, I wouldn't say your game is good either.

29. Post #1029
    May 2012
    101 Posts
    Heh, I wouldn't say your game is good either.
    Only thing I really like about my game is the boss fights and Battlegrounds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Informative Informative x 4Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

30. Post #1030
    A highly respected gentleman in Chernarus
    June 2010
    2,094 Posts
    Are you working for them?
    Are you sure you want to know the answer to that question?

31. Post #1031
    July 2012
    1,762 Posts

Here is the updated level 1

Well it's an improvement, now just make rest of the levels look like that as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #1032
    Kyo
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    512 Posts
    Holy shit, that actually looks pretty good. Huge improvement over the original.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #1033
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,540 Posts
    Holy shit, what the fuck happened between first release and now?

See what happens when you actually try. You get something that's not all that bad.

The weapon and enemies could still use a bit of work.

34. Post #1034
    July 2012
    1,762 Posts
    Holy shit, what the fuck happened between first release and now?

See what happens when you actually try. You get something that's not all that bad.

The weapon and enemies could still use a bit of work.
    If they would have delayed the game for like half a year or something like that and redo the maps and make the weapon feel less like a peashooter they could have had a decent game.

35. Post #1035
    May 2012
    101 Posts

36. Post #1036
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,864 Posts
    Who ever mirrored this picture didn't notice that army was incorrect
    Actually, I'm pretty sure this is correct. Ymra is the proper term.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #1037
    July 2012
    1,762 Posts
    Bumped.

http://groupees.com/bm4

You can get revelations 2012 + some other games for 1 dollars in this bundle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

38. Post #1038
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    6,978 Posts
    Bumped.

http://groupees.com/bm4

You can get revelations 2012 + some other games for 1 dollars in this bundle.
    still not worth it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

39. Post #1039
    April 2011
    970 Posts
    I got Revelations 2012. Anyone want to play it with me?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)