1. Post #1
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,928 Posts
    Another one of the new maps for EA's Battlefield 3's Close Quarters expansion.

might be wrong, but a new sniper rifle (of all expansions) at :43
    and new assault rifle (or carbine) at :58
    spas-12 will be making a return. shows up at :37

or just look here
    http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Ba...Close_Quarters

Considering the price tag for Back to Karkand, this DLC will be $10/800 MSP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Show Events Winner Winner x 34Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    11,053 Posts
    The rifle looks like it's called a JNG-5D but nothing really comes up in google.

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    5,998 Posts
    Steyr AUG? :D

Edited:

and new assault rifle (or carbine) at :58
    TAR-21
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    8,165 Posts
    Looks awsome. Been playing a lot of TDM on BF3 lately with my friends.

By the way, "Donya" means world in Farsi and "Ziba" means beautiful. So the maps shown so far are called Beautiful Tower and World Fortress.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 5 (list)

5. Post #5

March 2012
    321 Posts
    Should be free. Ea are such money grabbing bastards.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 25Agree Agree x 8 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    16,715 Posts
    C4 on ALL THE PILLARS!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    6,995 Posts
    I don't get it. The whole point of battlefield is to have large open warfare games. Why dedicate an entire DLC to the complete opposite?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 17Dumb Dumb x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    16,715 Posts
    I don't get it. The whole point of battlefield is to have large open warfare games. Why dedicate an entire DLC to the complete opposite?
    Loadsamoney
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    November 2006
    6,827 Posts
    Oh yay more call of duty maps with running and gunning that hold no strategic value.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 18Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

10. Post #10
    January 2010
    858 Posts
    Dear god you're right, a little variety is a horrible thing that no game should have.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Bulgaria Show Events Agree Agree x 28Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,928 Posts
    The Battlefield series is known to have maps dedicated to purely infantry or vehicles. This DLC is completley optional and aimed toward people who like the infantry-based combat, just like why there's a vehicle-based map pack coming. I'm guessing End Game will provide both (similar to Back to Karkand and Grand Bazaar)

that, or they're trying to appeal to the Call of Duty audience.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    16,715 Posts
    Reminds me of de_chateau
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    11,053 Posts
    Oh yay more call of duty maps with running and gunning that hold no strategic value.
    :(((((((((((( ppl r tryin 2 expand their audience :'((((
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    3,009 Posts
    The rifle looks like it's called a JNG-5D but nothing really comes up in google.
    JNG-90

15. Post #15
    July 2009
    994 Posts
    holy shit

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    10,366 Posts
    I don't really mind the DLC. The game has fun infantry combat and has potential to have a fun deathmatch mode.
    Only problem is that most of the team deathmatch map versions are godawful.

I'm more excited for the new guns though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,472 Posts
    I don't really see the problem, if you like this kind of gameplay you can buy it, if you don't, you can just leave it and keep on with your large-scale warfare.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,146 Posts
    Man I hate the Battlefield 3 music, it sounds like someone hitting a plastic pipe off the ground. Other than that a bit of variety never hurt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

19. Post #19
    thread killa
    May 2010
    966 Posts
    Dear god you're right, a little variety is a horrible thing that no game should have.
    So that's why we're getting new wallpaper and paint for Operation Metro.

Edited:

variety~
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    8,165 Posts
    So that's why we're getting new wallpaper and paint for Operation Metro.

Edited:

variety~
    Get over yourself and stop being so cynical. Don't like it? Don't buy it. Simple as that. They are still going to make BF3's largest map ever in the following DLC. But then again, I doubt you will be pleased by that either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 8Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    3,543 Posts
    I like the fact that they're making some close quarters maps. Sure, I prefer the open maps but if I ever feel like some smaller maps at least they'll be there.

Variety is a good thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    thread killa
    May 2010
    966 Posts
    I like the fact that they're making some close quarters maps. Sure, I prefer the open maps but if I ever feel like some smaller maps at least they'll be there.

Variety is a good thing.
    The open maps like Kharg and Firestorm scale down for any mode and any number of players by localising the playable area to an appropriate part of the map. If they'd focused on larger maps instead of CQC, you could still get something smaller.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    8,165 Posts
    The open maps like Kharg and Firestorm scale down for any mode and any number of players by localising the playable area to an appropriate part of the map. If they'd focused on larger maps instead of CQC, you could still get something smaller.
    Since the maps are focused on small scale combat they can have a lot more destruction and detail in the levels. Which gives you a lot more interactivity with the environment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    10,366 Posts
    Since the maps are focused on small scale combat they can have a lot more destruction and detail in the levels. Which gives you a lot more interactivity with the environment.
    Exactly. Which is why the TDM versions of the large scale maps are terrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    thread killa
    May 2010
    966 Posts
    You have a point about detail, but is destruction all that important? I actually enjoy Grand Bazaar but it's a very static level for its size, with only a few destructible facades and some guardrail panels which can be blown away. The amount of solid cover and concealment - what you spawn behind as well as what you take cover with - means there's enough room to manoeuvre around an enemy without taking three steps and catching a string of LMG fire through a wall that isn't there anymore.

Size is the other problem - there's no way these maps are going to scale for 64 players and arguably, maps like Metro were built for 24 at most. I think we need to hear more details about the new modes (match time, ticket values, victory conditions) and map layout.

I'd just feel more confident about the new maps if tools like smoke worked and suppression weren't bugged.

26. Post #26
    February 2010
    671 Posts
    I feel like they're forgetting something...

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15 (list)

27. Post #27
    November 2011
    4,770 Posts
    i love how the flags are flailing inside a building

28. Post #28
    i love how the flags are flailing inside a building
    I loved how they flailed inside Metro.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    November 2006
    6,827 Posts
    :(((((((((((( ppl r tryin 2 expand their audience :'((((
    expanding their audience too what, the call of duty crowd?

The thing that they were saying they DIDN'T want to become, instead BEAT?

oh I'm sorry your ignorance has plagued your head, but even when in bf1942, bf:v, bf2, bf2142 the infantry maps still held a strategic value too it. Either flank your enemy or try too push through.

This has invisible walls, has no flanking what so ever.

What is going to happen;

Battlelog will fill up with servers like this that will be the most populated.
    There WILL be RPG's, Claymores, M320's, Grenades, everywhere and anywhere.
    No one will have any team play added onto it, hell, even if you're in a clan you'll probably have no team play added.
    The other two expansions will be forgotten about, just like the Strike at Karkand DLC.

Want me to go on further?

Right... BF3 is definitely appealing to the audience they wanted to beat, instead they're becoming everything they said they didn't want too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    November 2011
    4,770 Posts
    I loved how they flailed inside Metro.
    this must be fixed, it's ruining the whole game for everyone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

31. Post #31
    I watched a stream of a video game so that means I'm an authority on it!
    May 2007
    5,321 Posts
    I love paying for maps and a few guns.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

32. Post #32
    August 2010
    869 Posts
    Debris simulator 2012
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    June 2008
    875 Posts
    Holy shit this will be such a ragefest

Just imagine BF3:s netcode on those small maps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    5,208 Posts
    That sniper rifle sure had an nice sound.

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    4,542 Posts
    Cant wait for the 64 player servers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    7,447 Posts
    I might understand this if the maps were included in the base game but people who like small maps/cod aren't going to buy the game just because a dlc for the game has small maps.

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,556 Posts
    Man I hate the Battlefield 3 music, it sounds like someone hitting a plastic pipe off the ground. Other than that a bit of variety never hurt.
    pipe with electronic pickups lmao.

I really hoped it would be like 2142 but better

but NOOOOOO

it went to crap

<33333
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,844 Posts
    expanding their audience too what, the call of duty crowd?

The thing that they were saying they DIDN'T want to become, instead BEAT?

oh I'm sorry your ignorance has plagued your head, but even when in bf1942, bf:v, bf2, bf2142 the infantry maps still held a strategic value too it. Either flank your enemy or try too push through.

This has invisible walls, has no flanking what so ever.

What is going to happen;

Battlelog will fill up with servers like this that will be the most populated.
    There WILL be RPG's, Claymores, M320's, Grenades, everywhere and anywhere.
    No one will have any team play added onto it, hell, even if you're in a clan you'll probably have no team play added.
    The other two expansions will be forgotten about, just like the Strike at Karkand DLC.

Want me to go on further?

Right... BF3 is definitely appealing to the audience they wanted to beat, instead they're becoming everything they said they didn't want too.
    The fuck are you talking about, they didn't want to "beat" an audience, making a game just so certain people wouldn't play is retarded, they wanted to make a game that would appeal to everyone and this pack is appealing to those who like small-scale infantry combat. If you don't like that kind of stuff, cool, don't buy the DLC and don't play on those maps, but some people might like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    November 2006
    6,827 Posts
    The fuck are you talking about, they didn't want to "beat" an audience, making a game just so certain people wouldn't play is retarded, they wanted to make a game that would appeal to everyone and this pack is appealing to those who like small-scale infantry combat. If you don't like that kind of stuff, cool, don't buy the DLC and don't play on those maps, but some people might like that.
    There was an article that Dice, or someone put out, that said they didn't want to become like Call of Duty with their gameplay. Rather in fact they wanted to beat Call of Duty, and make better gameplay choices.

Instead they're spending their time on making these CQC and maybe a couple weapons to go with it.

I won't be buying it, and I hope many people won't. Whoever supports these sorts of maps in battlefield, obviously hasn't played much of it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Zing Zing x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,254 Posts
    Can't wait for a server called

24/7 CLOSE QUARTER COMBAT/SHOTGUN ONLY/LAW/RPG/FRAGROUNDS/GRENADES ONLY1000 TICKET CQ
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)