1. Post #41
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,544 Posts
    We're getting an ACR? Awesome, love that gun. Looks kickass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

2. Post #42
    We Are No Idiots
    March 2010
    4,784 Posts
    How dare they disrespect their PC based players. Fuck off ps3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    11,389 Posts
    Are you serious? PS3 gets everything for BF3 first.

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,397 Posts
    There was an article that Dice, or someone put out, that said they didn't want to become like Call of Duty with their gameplay. Rather in fact they wanted to beat Call of Duty, and make better gameplay choices.

Instead they're spending their time on making these CQC and maybe a couple weapons to go with it.

I won't be buying it, and I hope many people won't. Whoever supports these sorts of maps in battlefield, obviously hasn't played much of it.
    Close Quarters Combat isn't a bad design choice, it's a gameplay style. Just because Dice or whoever stated that they want to do a better job than Call of Duty doesn't mean they aren't allowed to do anything at all that CoD did. If they can make a CQC DLC that's actually good? That's awesome. The trailer for it makes it look fun, and I'm looking forward to trying it.

But the fact that you see a single DLC that hasn't been released yet and you immediately act like Dice/EA failed and became synonymous with CoD and Activision is just the stupidest assumption I've heard.

Guess what, It's not a required DLC. You're welcome to not buy it. And don't spout any of that loyalist shit. I've played Battlefield since the beginning and I'll damn well get the new DLC if I feel like it, because your opinion means jack shit when it comes to my, or anyone else's taste. Get off your high horse and quit speculating based off one DLC that isn't out, and quit assuming your opinion is somehow a fact.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    November 2006
    6,827 Posts
    Are you serious? PS3 gets everything for BF3 first.
    Because that's where their real market is..

Not being sarcastic towards you, but towards DICE. They're stupid.

Edited:

Close Quarters Combat isn't a bad design choice, it's a gameplay style. Just because Dice or whoever stated that they want to do a better job than Call of Duty doesn't mean they aren't allowed to do anything at all that CoD did. If they can make a CQC DLC that's actually good? That's awesome. The trailer for it makes it look fun, and I'm looking forward to trying it.

But the fact that you see a single DLC that hasn't been released yet and you immediately act like Dice/EA failed and became synonymous with CoD and Activision is just the stupidest assumption I've heard.

Guess what, It's not a required DLC. You're welcome to not buy it. And don't spout any of that loyalist shit. I've played Battlefield since the beginning and I'll damn well get the new DLC if I feel like it, because your opinion means jack shit when it comes to my, or anyone else's taste. Get off your high horse and quit speculating based off one DLC that isn't out, and quit assuming your opinion is somehow a fact.
    Oh look at this person, quite the hysterical one aren't ya?

I love how you jump on the bandwagon. It's laughable. Quite frankly it's hilarious!

You're obviously not paying any attention to what I'm saying, or else you wouldn't be this uptight up your own ass, man.

You can say all you want, I don't have to buy it, anyone can say it. That it's just my opinion, that it doesn't matter what my taste is.

Actually, it's not just my opinion. I'm sorry that your "true" battlefield since the beginning ideals have brought you ignorance, but open your eyes. This isn't anything new, they're just making it to appeal to a wider audience that they were trying not to become.

I'm just regurgitating what I've been saying the last couple of times.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    Ex-Least Respected Usergroup
    June 2007
    7,120 Posts
    What's hilarious is that this video is essentially a Call-of-Duty-style Kill Montage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,586 Posts
    was that a SCAR-L or did they add extended mags to the current scar?

8. Post #48
    June 2010
    3,507 Posts
    Licensing deal with Sony.

It's stupid, I agree, but Sony is paying them to do it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,397 Posts

Edited:

I love how you jump on the bandwagon. It's laughable. Quite frankly it's hilarious!

You're obviously not paying any attention to what I'm saying, or else you wouldn't be this uptight up your own ass, man.

You can say all you want, I don't have to buy it, anyone can say it. That it's just my opinion, that it doesn't matter what my taste is.

Actually, it's not just my opinion. I'm sorry that your "true" battlefield since the beginning ideals have brought you ignorance, but open your eyes. This isn't anything new, they're just making it to appeal to a wider audience that they were trying not to become.

Yup me having my own opinion that just happens to coincide with other similar opinions immediately means I'm on a bandwagon with no idea what I'm talking about. And of course they are trying to appeal to a wider audience, that's the entire point. But assuming right off the bat that this makes them as bad as CoD or making it seem like they are slipping into that direction is just ridiculous because it's not out and we haven't played it. I personally enjoyed the wide open maps and the more closed in maps. I like the variety, because it allows me to decide which type I'd like to play depending on what I'm feeling like playing that day.

I'm keeping an open mind because I enjoy the battlefield franchise, and I was satisfied with my experiences so far, and I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt considering the DLC hasn't been released yet.

But keep going about how anyone who has an opinion that's similar to other opinions is obviously just another moronic band wagoner, it's quite entertaining.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    2,484 Posts

Edited:

Oh wow. I can't believe people like you actually exist.

You're regurgitating the same line because it's all you have to backup your point. I think everyone read clearly that you're upset about an optional DLC that isn't even released yet.
    Nothing new is ever going to be released because people like YOU always judge things before they're released. How about you take these trailers for what they are (frag montages) and judge the DLC when it's actually released.

expanding their audience too what, the call of duty crowd?

The thing that they were saying they DIDN'T want to become, instead BEAT?

oh I'm sorry your ignorance has plagued your head, but even when in bf1942, bf:v, bf2, bf2142 the infantry maps still held a strategic value too it. Either flank your enemy or try too push through.
    You forgot Bad Company one and two. I bet you cried when those two games were announced too? Get you head out of your ass and stop comparing Battlefield to CoD. CQC doesn't automatically make BF3 a CoD clone, it didn't happen in any of the previous battlefield games.

This has invisible walls, has no flanking what so ever.
    Oh! I'm glad you can see those invisible walls in this demo trailer! Again, this is an unreleased expansion that only has two trailers so far. Stop making assumptions based off a heavily edited frag montage.

What is going to happen;

Battlelog will fill up with servers like this that will be the most populated.
    There WILL be RPG's, Claymores, M320's, Grenades, everywhere and anywhere.
    No one will have any team play added onto it, hell, even if you're in a clan you'll probably have no team play added.
    The other two expansions will be forgotten about, just like the Strike at Karkand DLC.
    Yeah, because you can't find any vanilla maps anymore, clearly Back to Karkand has flooded battlelog. Also, admins aren't allowed to ban certain weapons on their own servers.
    As a matter of fact, playing on PC just about shits on your entire argument.

Want me to go on further?

Right... BF3 is definitely appealing to the audience they wanted to beat, instead they're becoming everything they said they didn't want too.
    IMO, ALL of the BTK maps felt and played great. I feel like I'm playing a battlefield game on every single map.
    Want me to go on further?

Edited:

There was an article that Dice, or someone put out, that said they didn't want to become like Call of Duty with their gameplay. Rather in fact they wanted to beat Call of Duty, and make better gameplay choices.

Instead they're spending their time on making these CQC and maybe a couple weapons to go with it.

I won't be buying it, and I hope many people won't. Whoever supports these sorts of maps in battlefield, obviously hasn't played much of it.
    I'm not sure you saw the first announcement when they said that they were making THREE DLC packs. But I guess that since the first one is a CQC DLC it automatically converts the entire game and its user base to CoD.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2008
    1,742 Posts
    Anything CQC = Call of Duty hur hur
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #52
    ~I want you inside me~
    May 2005
    17,376 Posts
    This is great. Don't get me wrong I love the huge open battlefield gameplay, but once in a while I will switch over to team deathmatch and have an absolute blast. Problem is the current DM maps aren't very well designed so I'm pretty excited for some new maps that are centred towards DM gameplay.

you guys make it seem like it's impossible to have fun with both huge open combat and close-quarter combat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 10Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #53
    sup, it's FoxPie
    June 2008
    3,577 Posts
    i have this crazy idea, if you don't want to play CQC maps in BF3, don't buy the new maps! not very difficult. if you don't like it because you think it's a "cod clone" then just don't play them. not like anyone will give a shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    9,490 Posts
    Firestorm TDM 4 lyfe

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,794 Posts

Yeah and beating them means having variety.

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    16,625 Posts
    BF3 is only fun on huge maps with jets and helicopters, if you disagree you don't deserve to be alive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #57
    Squadron Leader of the United FP Alliance
    November 2010
    2,959 Posts
    I'd still buy.

18. Post #58
    December 2009
    8,793 Posts
    Hey guys there was this war called world war two where close quarters combat was pretty abundant you might have heard of it was sort of a moral battle between good and evil.
       The nazis were the evil ones.   

Edited:

So please, stop this HURR DURR CLOE QHWURTARS MEANS CODFISH HURR nonsense.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #59
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,853 Posts
    I hate the new DLC they brought out, where you can UNLOCK everything for 3.50.

I'd prefer to unlock them through levelling, so much more fun.

20. Post #60
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    389 Posts
    Honestly I am looking forward to this since every server is 64 PLAYER INSTANT VEHICLE SPAWN VEHICLE FRENZY, where any kind of infantry combat is impossible thanks to the 3 tanks and 2 helicopters circling every capture point

I don't know if this is what it's like for you guys, but in Australia most of the maps like Strike at Karkand are never played, just 24/7 Caspian border with instant spawn vehicles

21. Post #61
    ALPHA MALE
    Dennab
    January 2012
    1,541 Posts
    I can't wait for the CQC pack, variety is good.

22. Post #62
    November 2011
    4,754 Posts
    BF3 is only fun on huge maps with jets and helicopters, if you disagree you don't deserve to be alive.
    this post sounds sarcastic but i'm just gonna assume you're serious and rate it dumb
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 4Useful Useful x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #63
    ~I want you inside me~
    May 2005
    17,376 Posts
    Honestly I am looking forward to this since every server is 64 PLAYER INSTANT VEHICLE SPAWN VEHICLE FRENZY, where any kind of infantry combat is impossible thanks to the 3 tanks and 2 helicopters circling every capture point

I don't know if this is what it's like for you guys, but in Australia most of the maps like Strike at Karkand are never played, just 24/7 Caspian border with instant spawn vehicles
    yes I hate this as well

I barely ever see a populated server that runs the strike at karkand maps

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    16,625 Posts
    this post sounds sarcastic but i'm just gonna ssume you're serious and rate it dumb because you're dumb
    Satire.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #65
    admin 2 me
    May 2011
    2,204 Posts
    Pumped.

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    11,389 Posts
    What's hilarious is that this video is essentially a Call-of-Duty-style Kill Montage.
    And the operation metro trailer wasn't?

27. Post #67
    If the mods approve of this title they hereby admit that they are all massive faggots
    October 2009
    9,663 Posts
    maps focused on close quarters

include a sniper rifle as a new weapon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #68
    CJF
    August 2006
    16,312 Posts

We all know who that's to satisfy.

29. Post #69
    November 2011
    4,754 Posts

for all those useless CQB marksman recons

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,278 Posts
    I like how a lot of people flip their shit saying "DURR BATTLEFIELD IS ALL ABOUT THE VEHICLES", when the new patch for BF2 for infantry only gameplay was a huge success. For awhile there were barely any vehicle servers, everyone wanted to play infantry only.

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,253 Posts
    Of course the trailer has cool kills and kills throughout, what did you expect, a bunch of shots of people missing and running around aimlessly?

May buy this, I will wait for proper game play videos first to make sure the maps are designed well and also see the whole shabang. It'd give me a good reason to pick up bf3 again. since I've been drawn to smaller map gameplay as of late, and the current death match options are terrible.
    Also MP5K HNNG