1. Post #1

April 2012
    2 Posts
    I am running Cent OS 5.8 x64.

failed to dlopen .gameservers/garrysmod_0/orangebox/garrysmod/bin/server.so error=/lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.11' not found (required by .gameservers/garrysmod_0/orangebox/garrysmod/bin/server.so)
    failed to dlopen server.so error=/lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.11' not found (required by garrysmod/bin/server.so)

2. Post #2
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,702 Posts
    use CentOS 6 or Ubuntu, CentOS 5.x's GLIBC version is way too old

3. Post #3
    June 2006
    61 Posts
    Updating/ Changing the whole OS is no solution at all.

4. Post #4

April 2012
    2 Posts
    Changing the OS is not an option...

5. Post #5
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,702 Posts
    Changing the OS is not an option...
    don't plan on hosting a server then

6. Post #6
    June 2011
    80 Posts
    I wouldn't use Ubuntu though, I'd go with Debian 6. But Banana Lord is right either get the OS changed to Ubuntu, Debian, or Windows. If you can't get the OS Changed give up as there's no solution. :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,702 Posts
    I think you used to be able to use old binaries but that was almost a year ago and I'm 99% sure those binaries have been updated since (and therefor the server won't run with the old ones)

8. Post #8
    June 2011
    80 Posts
    Well there's also a slim chance of running it off of Wine as well.

9. Post #9
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,702 Posts
    Well there's also a slim change of running it off of Wine as well.
    Wine is absolutely terrible for GMod servers, no.

10. Post #10
    June 2011
    80 Posts
    I would have to disagree, I have found with most Windows games that are compatible running dedicated servers off of Wine instead of Win XP or 7 actually perform much better in Wine. Granted this is only a few games that I have tried personally, but granted while it's not the best option and is a pain in the ass to setup at least it works.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,702 Posts
    when you are dealing with a physics sandbox that is severely restricted in terms of allocated CPU, you want to run everything natively

12. Post #12
    PROUD BRONY 4LYFE
    February 2009
    3,312 Posts
    Last time I used Linux (way before there were linux binaries for GMod), running a server in Wine worked fine apart from one thing - if you walked on a slope or any kind of displacement, you got stuck and couldn't move.

Probably different now, but if you really really can't change the OS then it might be worth a shot.