1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,230 Posts

Four blasts have injured at least 12 people in the Ukrainian city of Dnipropetrovsk, according to government sources.
    Yulia Yershova, emergency situations ministry spokeswoman, said the first blast went off at a tram stop at 11:50am
    (08:50 GMT) on Friday, injuring five people.
    "The bomb seemed to have been placed in a rubbish bin just next to a tram stop near the opera house. That blast
    went off when a tram went by," Al Jazeera's Sue Turton said, reporting from Moscow.
    The second explosion happened 30 minutes later next to a cinema, injuring seven people, the emergencies ministry
    said in a statement.
    The third blast wounded three people near a railway station. The government confirmed that a fourth blast hit the city,
    but more information was not available.
    Vitaly Zakharchenko, interior minister, said he was urgently flying to Dnipropetrovsk to investigate the blasts.
    "The prosecution have announced that a terrorist investigation will be held," our correspondent said.
    Why the Ukraine, of all places? And more importantly, who?

source:http://www.aljazeera.com/news/europe...224778592.html
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 47Funny Funny x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    And more importantly, who?
    [Call of Duty 4 joke]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Denmark Show Events Artistic x 9Dumb x 6Agree x 3Zing x 1Informative x 1Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Is, in fact, a real hedgehog.
    April 2009
    14,583 Posts
    [Call of Duty 4 joke]
    But Ukraine isn't in Russia...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 11Dumb Dumb x 5Informative Informative x 2Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    5,334 Posts
    But Ukraine isn't in Russia...
    No but Chernobyl lies in Ukraine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Zing Zing x 28Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    Actually a cool guy
    June 2005
    3,029 Posts
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was Al Qaeda. They seem to be butthurt with every country on the planet - even the Islamic ones.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 32Funny Funny x 4 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,002 Posts
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was Al Qaeda. They seem to be butthurt with every country on the planet - even the Islamic ones.
    You do know there are worse Islamic terrorist cells than Al Quaeda, right?

How do we even know it's an Islamic cell? It could be downright anyone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Pakistan Show Events Agree Agree x 31Zing Zing x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Mombasa's Hubby :3
    October 2008
    3,886 Posts

Fucking Australians finally made their move.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 68Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    White Fusion will love him forever and ever~
    January 2012
    10,936 Posts
    Islamic country? I doubt you could point Ukraine out on a map
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 26Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,458 Posts
    I don't think he meant it in the sense that Ukraine was Islamic, it was just a poor way of structuring his sentence.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

10. Post #10

March 2012
    56 Posts
    It was us new zealanders tho
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Funny Funny x 12Zing Zing x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    7,652 Posts
    Ukraine is if anything Orthadox Christian. Y'know. Eastern Europe.
    AlJazeera is a major news network you know, they're allowed to cover things outside the arabic speaking world.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

12. Post #12
    White Fusion will love him forever and ever~
    January 2012
    10,936 Posts
    I don't think he meant it in the sense that Ukraine was Islamic, it was just a poor way of structuring his sentence.
    Ah, maybe, I'm not sure now. Still, a pretty ignorant thing to say.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

13. Post #13
    Dennab
    July 2009
    2,787 Posts
    Angry stalkers looking for sergei by setting up terrorist attacks and forcing people to reveal sergeis location
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 24Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    June 2011
    2,310 Posts

yeah it's not like a massive part if not the majority of terrorist acts worldwide are committed by muslim radicals what a preposterous and unsupported assumption to make.

however Eastern Europe tends to be filled with all kinds of radical nutjobs I wouldnt be suprised if this had nothing to do with Islam at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Israel Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    7,157 Posts
    Quick bomb Iran oh benevolent nation state

oh wait...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    Valor
    September 2008
    19,546 Posts
    You rang?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 22Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,146 Posts
    Ethnic Russians? they seem to be the only ones I can think of that might have beef, other than that a genero Islamic cell could have done it. Ukraine was involved in Afganistan they have around 20 or more guys part of the isaf.

18. Post #18
    Former 101st AB Infantryman
    Dennab
    March 2012
    536 Posts
    Hurrr..its somewhere in the mOtHeRlaNd rusSiA right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    4,836 Posts
    Hurrr..its somewhere in the mOtHeRlaNd rusSiA right?
    Game over.

Insert coin
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 2 (list)

20. Post #20
    July 2010
    3,953 Posts
    Angry stalkers looking for sergei by setting up terrorist attacks and forcing people to reveal sergeis location
    Ohgod i thought something similair

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    21,518 Posts
    Remember the "breaking news!" in War of the worlds (Spielberg)?

War of the Worlds: Anchorwoman says “Freakish lightning of catastrophic proportion struck the Ukraine”
    And so it begins.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    1,621 Posts
    Ethnic Russians? they seem to be the only ones I can think of that might have beef, other than that a genero Islamic cell could have done it. Ukraine was involved in Afganistan they have around 20 or more guys part of the isaf.
    I would of suggested Chechnya rebels would be my bet
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Actually a cool guy
    June 2005
    3,029 Posts
    In no way did I say Ukraine was Islamic.

And being a quarter Ukrainian, I do know a bit about the country.

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    4,836 Posts
    In no way did I say Ukraine was Islamic.

And being a quarter Ukrainian, I do know a bit about the country.
    Be quiet you Islamic Russian.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 11Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,167 Posts
    Probably russians. Most likely russians.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Ask me about my progressive rock fetish
    September 2010
    9,203 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    September 2008
    370 Posts
    Isn't the same place from those maniac random murderers?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dnipropetrovsk_maniacs

It is! I think it's probably some associate of theirs.

Twenty one random people brutally murdered for no reason. They also recorded some videos and leaked them on the Internet, but I'm not sure they're still around.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,528 Posts
    I would of suggested Chechnya rebels would be my bet
    What would Chechens have against Ukraine?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #29
    Dennab
    September 2011
    3,417 Posts
    Suddenly the rumour about Sergei hiding in a underground bunker doesn't sound so far-fetched now.
    Stocked with enought pepsi to last a year

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    12,766 Posts
    Isn't the same place from those maniac random murderers?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dnipropetrovsk_maniacs

It is! I think it's probably some associate of theirs.

Twenty one random people brutally murdered for no reason. They also recorded some videos and leaked them on the Internet, but I'm not sure they're still around.
    Oh god why did I click that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Co2
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    179 Posts
    Probably russians. Most likely russians.
    Why would russians do that?

I live in Ukraine btw

32. Post #32
    Fabulous.
    January 2011
    3,456 Posts
    Why would russians do that?

I live in Ukraine btw
    He's from Lithuania, so I assume he's stereotyping a bit.

Anyway for all we know it could've been some Ukranian behind it, so it doesn't make any sense to assume who did it without solid proof.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Serbia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    DID I MENTION I PLAY BANJO
    July 2010
    7,506 Posts
    Quaid...Start the reactor
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

34. Post #34
    September 2009
    944 Posts
    50,000 people used to live in Dnipropetrovsk. Now its a ghost town.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

35. Post #35
    Co2
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    179 Posts
    50,000 people used to live in Dnipropetrovsk. Now its a ghost town.
    No it's not? It's a nice town, a lot of people live there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,973 Posts
    Being half Ukrainian, half Russian some of the posts in this thread make me rage
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Russian Federation Show Events Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    August 2009
    4,246 Posts
    why would al qaeda target ukraine

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    6,024 Posts
    No it's not? It's a nice town, a lot of people live there.
    Call of Duty quote.

39. Post #39
    I was nice to a hobo once and he bought me this title
    May 2010
    5,951 Posts
    Do we have any more info on what this is exactly?

40. Post #40
    December 2009
    13,738 Posts
    why would al qaeda target ukraine
    Because those 20 EOD experts they have in Afghanistan are a huge threat to Islam obviously
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)