1. Post #41
    Kiss me, I'm Irish
    September 2006
    8,072 Posts
    Awesome release.

Who made those great space pictures by the way?

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    6,426 Posts
    I posed the first one, haxxer edited that, haxxer made the second and fifth, i made all the others.

If the editing is awesome, haxxer made it, if the editing isn't awesome, i made it

Any plans to port starship wreckage? I know there were some models in the game, and photoshop can't do it all.
    The only bits of wreckage i could find were either really low-res, or the textures were nowhere to be found. I found a whole bunch of wreckage for the Alliance frigate, but didn't bother with porting them since they looked like shit.

I did find a bunch of good quality Quarian ship parts, but i thought it'd be a bit pointless putting them in with no Quarian ship to go with. Since they're seen on the planet i'm porting stuff from for my next pack, i'll add them to that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    October 2011
    117 Posts
    No, that is not right. You must've overwritten the whole folder and the textures disappeared or something. Try redownloading the pack.
    I've done that. It's still simply not working. If you must, have this go over PMs. Unless it's something that's stupidly simple and I have to have the light fix in the addons.

4. Post #44
    January 2012
    1,383 Posts
    I posed the first one, haxxer edited that, haxxer made the second and fifth, i made all the others.

If the editing is awesome, haxxer made it, if the editing isn't awesome, i made it

The only bits of wreckage i could find were either really low-res, or the textures were nowhere to be found. I found a whole bunch of wreckage for the Alliance frigate, but didn't bother with porting them since they looked like shit.

I did find a bunch of good quality Quarian ship parts, but i thought it'd be a bit pointless putting them in with no Quarian ship to go with. Since they're seen on the planet i'm porting stuff from for my next pack, i'll add them to that.
    You could put them together to make a qaurian ship lol but anyway as far as the texture problem is concerned couldn't you make your own textures and add it on the model.

5. Post #45

August 2008
    169 Posts
    How come the Reaper destroyer is in pieces? Can you please fix this if possible, Its kinda lagging my game extremely with all the separate limbs and such needed for just one model to look good. Can you please fix this or add to it please?

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    6,426 Posts
    As far as i know, Haxxer couldn't put it all as one model since it exceeded the maximum amount of polygons source can handle for one model.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #47
    October 2011
    117 Posts
    Wow, the Oculus Eye actually fits the Reaper Destroyer size 3.

8. Post #48
    Pax
    April 2012
    285 Posts
    I've done that. It's still simply not working. If you must, have this go over PMs. Unless it's something that's stupidly simple and I have to have the light fix in the addons.
    I found the problem! In the fix, the line for the light warp texture is this:

models\mass_effect_3\vehicles\ships\reapers\sovere ign\Sovereign\lightwarp

instead of this:

models\mass_effect_3\vehicles\ships\reapers\sovere ign\lightwarp
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    October 2011
    117 Posts
    I found the problem! In the fix, the line for the light warp texture is this:

models\mass_effect_3\vehicles\ships\reapers\sovere ign\Sovereign\lightwarp

instead of this:

models\mass_effect_3\vehicles\ships\reapers\sovere ign\lightwarp
    That's why? He added sovereign twice? I guess I'll follow what you say.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #50
    February 2008
    26 Posts
    blublulblu thanks man

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    496 Posts
    Great job guys.

P.S. oculis seem to fit perfectly to the destroyer's socket.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Late Late x 3 (list)

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    6,426 Posts
    Someone posted about that already. Pretty cool considering that wasn't the plan and we worked on the models seperately with no intention of that :V:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #53
    February 2011
    195 Posts
    Yay! The Ravagers! :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Spain Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    1,812 Posts
    On "SovereignA_Legs_Diff_Cine.vmt," located under "models\mass_effect_3\vehicles\ships\reapers\sovere ign\," $phongwarptexture is pointing at the wrong directory, even post-fix. You've got it looking for a folder named "Sovereign" in the "sovereign" folder... So just cut the extra folder from the directory line and it'll all be set.

In other news, "Sovereign" looks like complete gibberish to me now...

[Edit]
    Hah... I hadn't realized this fix had already been posted. Anyway, the patch's updated VMTs only fix this line for Sovereign's body, not his legs.

15. Post #55
    July 2010
    5,008 Posts
    These models are baller as fuck.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5Zing Zing x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    August 2008
    1,209 Posts
    One question... Why does the Destroyer has it's legs separately?

Otherwise this is.... better than listening to Tali saying "emergency induction port" <3

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    6,426 Posts
    As far as i know, Haxxer couldn't put it all as one model since it exceeded the maximum amount of polygons source can handle for one model.
    I already posted about this a little further up the page.

18. Post #58
    July 2011
    1,286 Posts
    I've downloaded and put the fix in the folder but those damn shaders on the Sovereign model are still purple.

19. Post #59
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,794 Posts
    Oh, this is the picture I took of the MAKO after I implemented the newer shaders.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #60
    October 2010
    1,448 Posts
    Oh, this is the picture I took of the MAKO after I implemented the newer shaders.

Oh look its the thing that has ALL OF MY HATE. That thing would literally fly off in a random direction after going over a small hill. to top that off it wouldn't ever turn the way I wanted it to without nearly driving into lava or off a cliff to my death. [/end rant]

21. Post #61
    May 2010
    10,632 Posts
    Newer shaders?

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    5,198 Posts
    I think every non-Sci-Fi vehicle props just got outmatched and outdated, outstanding work you guys!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #63
    March 2010
    161 Posts
    Oh look its the thing that has ALL OF MY HATE. That thing would literally fly off in a random direction after going over a small hill. to top that off it wouldn't ever turn the way I wanted it to without nearly driving into lava or off a cliff to my death. [/end rant]
    Have you tried not playing as femshep? That fixed my driving problems.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

24. Post #64
    October 2010
    1,448 Posts
    Have you tried not playing as femshep? That fixed my driving problems.
    Didn't matter which it was for the driving controls to be terrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #65
    March 2010
    161 Posts
    Didn't matter which it was for the driving controls to be terrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Zing Zing x 3 (list)

26. Post #66
    December 2011
    150 Posts
    Simply awesome

27. Post #67
    October 2010
    1,448 Posts
    Oh I see what you did there...

28. Post #68
    October 2011
    484 Posts
    Will there be a citadel model and the civilian cargo ship models going to be added later? or were those just featured in cut scenes only?

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,754 Posts
    Glad you got the attachment issues sorted, dude.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    6,426 Posts
    Will there be a citadel model and the civilian cargo ship models going to be added later? or were those just featured in cut scenes only?
    This is all just the vehicles from ME3, so no. Besides, those are already in this:
    http://facepunch.com/threads/1049508

31. Post #71
    October 2011
    484 Posts
    This is all just the vehicles from ME3, so no. Besides, those are already in this:
    http://facepunch.com/threads/1049508
    ah ok. I just figured since the Citadel got an overhaul on its design I figured someone was going to package it.

32. Post #72
    October 2009
    152 Posts
    ah ok. I just figured since the Citadel got an overhaul on its design I figured someone was going to package it.
    It has the same design like in me1 and me2.

33. Post #73
    October 2011
    484 Posts
    It has the same design like in me1 and me2.
    Sorry wrong choice in words. What I meant to say was that they put more detail and stuff.

34. Post #74
    October 2011
    18 Posts
    Uhm..Floater, sorry to bother, could you make a destroyer with his legs and eye jointed (obviously, if you have time and if you want to)? I find it a bit difficult to do ;_; especially with the biggest one!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Italy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

35. Post #75
    Fabulous Vailglorous Extraordinaire
    February 2007
    10,703 Posts
    We told you several times, the models are too high poly for source to handle so they have to be separate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #76
    October 2011
    18 Posts
    We told you several times, the models are too high poly for source to handle so they have to be separate.
    Ahn, got it. Sorry for the question!

37. Post #77
    January 2012
    1,383 Posts
    Is it possible for someone to set the vehicle models in this pack to face the right way so they arent sideways when I make a drivable/flylable vehicle with lua.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #78
    January 2012
    1,032 Posts
    *Faints from the awesomeness, and perfect Mass Effect ports*

Oh ym god...I must downlaod these....for the sake of humanity!

39. Post #79
    January 2012
    118 Posts
    Such an awesome pack to have.
    Because of this Iím attempting to create a space battle gmod movie. Still testing what I can do with gmod tools AE etc...

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

40. Post #80
    January 2012
    1,032 Posts
    Pffft hahaha awesome-I see you "copied" the camera angles fro mStar Wars Episode three ^^