Gold Member
    May 2010
    6,023 Posts
    That gold plated AK is seriously swag.

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    14,257 Posts
    Just to ease the minds of people saying it is dangerous, think how high the shots fly. First they will be slowed by air and also they will be blown very far off course by wind and the bullet-spin (caused by the threading in the barrel)
    It doesn't matter if they're blown off course, we're thinking about people in general. I doubt this wedding with all those expensive cars and such was in the middle of a small village. This happened in a city and damage can easily be done by the bullets falling back down to earth.

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    20,318 Posts
    7.62 will fly nearly 2km into the air before it starts coming back down, at 70m/s. They can actually penetrate the skull

And here's how it can get even MORE dangerous!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

4. Post #44
    November 2011
    4,770 Posts
    they might just be firing blanks

Edited:

nope, they arent

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    14,257 Posts
    There's no way they are firing blanks. Blanks are expensive and pointless and gum up the guns, the Saudi's wouldn't waste their time with blanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,452 Posts
    Also the tracers

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    1,212 Posts
    I seriously have to wonder how many people were effected by the falling shots.

Edited:

As said, they actually proved they were lethal, but it was conditional. They busted it, yes, but only if the gun was fired in a perfect vertical line.
    I swear there was a news story a couple years ago where, over here in the US, some guy shot a rifle in the air and the bullet came down and killed an Amish girl riding on a horse and carriage 3 kilometers away.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)