1. Post #1

March 2012
    213 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Funny Funny x 31Winner Winner x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,555 Posts
    This is my fav action movie,it's simply amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Greece Show Events Agree Agree x 12Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3

March 2012
    213 Posts
    Watching this UI is the best movie experience ever.

4. Post #4
    Movie quote goes here, because...
    Dennab
    October 2008
    8,076 Posts
    I don't think those subtitles work...

5. Post #5
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,974 Posts
    I don't think those subtitles work...
    I think it's meant to be a "translate into plain english" kind of thing in case people don't understand the words being used.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

6. Post #6
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    I don't know why people say all matrix movies past the first one suck, I find them all fucking awesome. Although the ending of the last one was kinda eh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7

March 2012
    213 Posts
    I don't know why people say all matrix movies past the first one suck, I find them all fucking awesome. Although the ending of the last one was kinda eh.
    All movies rock, you just need to understand the concept of every line.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

8. Post #8
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,974 Posts
    The ending to Reloaded was complicated and quasi-philosophical (but interesting) but ultimately really good I always thought.

9. Post #9
    The Cock Eater
    July 2007
    1,745 Posts
    [URL]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 18 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,091 Posts
    I had to watch this movie five times until I finally realized that they were saying there had been five other matrixes (matrices?) and five other Ones.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    February 2011
    2,049 Posts
    The subtitles translating this scene into simpler terms actually helps out a lot, I think I understand what the hell he was talking about much better now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

12. Post #12
    May 2007
    2,022 Posts
    The way I see it, they just kind of go downhill. Reloaded had great action, and I even liked most of the pretentious philosophy. On the other hand, it could have done without a large majority of the zion scenes, in particular the one involving Keanu Reeves' pasty ass. I basically thought it was better in some ways, but not as good in others.

Then there was Revolutions. It had it's moments, and the final battle was awesome, but on the whole it was disappointing in just about every way. Some of the fight scenes were pretty weak, and the philosophy that played such a large role in the other movies was, for the most part, absent. It was written to end the series, and it shows. That's the feeling I get, anyway.

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    10,114 Posts
    I watched the films a few times and not once did I even know he was telling Neo his primary function. I didn't even know the machines KNEW they had to jump start Zion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Frog Member
    February 2008
    2,571 Posts
    The way I see it, they just kind of go downhill. Reloaded had great action, and I even liked most of the pretentious philosophy. On the other hand, it could have done without a large majority of the zion scenes, in particular the one involving Keanu Reeves' pasty ass. I basically thought it was better in some ways, but not as good in others.

Then there was Revolutions. It had it's moments, and the final battle was awesome, but on the whole it was disappointing in just about every way. Some of the fight scenes were pretty weak, and the philosophy that played such a large role in the other movies was, for the most part, absent. It was written to end the series, and it shows. That's the feeling I get, anyway.
    IIRC the Zion scenes in Revolutions were even worse, I seem to remember a long drawn out battle scene in which we see fuckall from the main characters (although it's been quite a long time since I've seen any of them and my impressions at the time may have been due to my 13-14 year old attention span)

15. Post #15
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,974 Posts
    IIRC the Zion scenes in Revolutions were even worse, I seem to remember a long drawn out battle scene in which we see fuckall from the main characters (although it's been quite a long time since I've seen any of them and my impressions at the time may have been due to my 13-14 year old attention span)
    Mech battle!

Yeah that part was pretty dumb in my opinion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,278 Posts
    Watching this part of the movie makes me realize that i would LOVE a movie like the matrix, but without the action parts to it. Just a guy finding that his world isn't real, and finding out about what happened, and why. Someone told a Scanner Darkly was something like that, [i haven't seen it] but i don't think that was the plot of it at all. I could be mistaken.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    14,955 Posts
    I loved this scene because back when I saw it the first time with some friends, I was the only one that understood what the hell the Architect was talking about (I tried telling them he was talking about how much
    it turned him on watching Neo on his multitude of screens, but they didn't believe me).
    Also this was well done because for once, it's not just the scriptwriter looking through the dictionary for the most complex sounding words he can find to look cool and sophisticated, there are loads of good points he makes in there.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,588 Posts
    I don't want to have to have expansive knowledge about religion, psychology and philosophy as well as having to have a dictionary around me at all times to have to watch an action movie with a few good ideas behind it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2011
    326 Posts
    im still thinking that, im in the matrix)

20. Post #20
    smelly member
    June 2005
    7,107 Posts
    This video is nice and informative, but I still don't understand why there has to be a Zion at all?

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,447 Posts
    This is like a better ending to mass effect 3.

I rememer watching these films as a kid and not really understanding the plot at all, just really enjoying the action scenes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

22. Post #22

March 2012
    213 Posts
    This video is nice and informative, but I still don't understand why there has to be a Zion at all?
    Probably to train The One for his Path or ask the machines what the fuck they were thinking.

23. Post #23
    May 2007
    2,022 Posts
    Because the Matrix functions on a system of choice. 99% of all subjects accept the program, but inevitably, there's that 1% that rejects it. That 1% forms Zion. It has to exist because, as hard as they try, they can't force all humans to accept the Matrix, and it poses a cascading risk because Zionists usually want to free everyone from the Matrix.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    10,114 Posts
    Watching this part of the movie makes me realize that i would LOVE a movie like the matrix, but without the action parts to it. Just a guy finding that his world isn't real, and finding out about what happened, and why. Someone told a Scanner Darkly was something like that, [i haven't seen it] but i don't think that was the plot of it at all. I could be mistaken.
    Scanner Darkly is something along those lines, but nothing completely outlandish infact it's grounded in reality quite well. I seriously advise watching it, seems pretty underrated and the rotoscoping is done perfectly.

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,139 Posts
    Because the Matrix functions on a system of choice. 99% of all subjects accept the program, but inevitably, there's that 1% that rejects it. That 1% forms Zion. It has to exist because, as hard as they try, they can't force all humans to accept the Matrix, and it poses a cascading risk because Zionists usually want to free everyone from the Matrix.
    But then the question is why don't the machines just kill the ones who don't accept it? Why do they need to allow the humans to go and form a city in the real world if they're just going to go and destroy it again and again.

26. Post #26
    January 2010
    3,938 Posts
    The Sequels aren't that bad and do have good parts to them, if you just like the first one it can actually work as a standalone film regardless if you haven't seen the sequels anyway, but i liked the sequels so....to each his own.