1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    1,455 Posts

Enjoy!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 46Informative Informative x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    few words to create space
    January 2009
    7,853 Posts
    Hm, Theron's character almost acts more as an android than Fassbender's David. Trailer is good because it didn't reveal much of the plot.    Except for RIP alien ship   

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,520 Posts
    shit this movie is going to be amazing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,293 Posts
    Sean Harris is going to rock as Fifield.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    1,342 Posts
    The trailer sort of cliche but I can tell that this is going to be a really good movie. Ridley Scott is one of my favourite directors.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

6. Post #6
    August 2009
    3,209 Posts
    Hm, Theron's character almost acts more as an android than Fassbender's David. Trailer is good because it didn't reveal much of the plot.    Except for RIP alien ship   
    Because that ship totaly wasn't in Alien right?

7. Post #7
    Positive energy is space expanding, negative energy is space contracting. Or reverse?
    July 2005
    6,376 Posts
    0:35 What the hell, they stole my idea! :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 10Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    June 2010
    6,183 Posts
    So judging from the trailer the aliens are humanity's ancestor and fled from whatever the crew now woke up and has to stop before doomsday arrives or something?

Eh, I think I'll pass, looks well put together but the concept's way too dull to hook me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    3,277 Posts
    So judging from the trailer the aliens are humanity's ancestor and fled from whatever the crew now woke up and has to stop before doomsday arrives or something?

Eh, I think I'll pass, looks well put together but the concept's way too dull to hook me.
    For people that haven't figured the point from the above posts or the trailer yet, go to 1:27 and 2:28

Conceived as a prequel to Scott's 1979 science fiction horror film Alien, rewrites of Spaihts's script by Lindelof developed a separate story that precedes the events of Alien, but which is not directly connected to the films in the Alien franchise. According to Scott, though the film shares "strands of Alien's DNA, so to speak", and takes place in the same universe, Prometheus will explore its own mythology and ideas.   

I'm seeing this immediately, for spoiler'd reasons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Damn, Charlize Theron in a tight skin suit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

11. Post #11
    Chief Gunnery Sgt. of the SS Shitpost
    March 2009
    15,827 Posts
    Awesome trailer! A bit spoiler-y but still, damn awesome!

Can't fucking wait, me and my Dad are catching the midnight release, Alien is our favorite movie of all time.

12. Post #12
    January 2010
    4,224 Posts
    wheres patrick wilson

Edited:

0:35 What the hell, they stole my idea! :(
    i wrote a cowboys and zombies script like 10 years before red dead redemption :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chile Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Dennab
    February 2012
    2,299 Posts
    I hope Vickers dies, she seems like a complete bitch.

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    1,084 Posts
    "It's an invitation"
    "From whom?"
    FROM RIDLEY SCOTT THAT'S WHO!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

15. Post #15

March 2012
    213 Posts
    "It's an invitation"
    "From whom?"
    FROM RIDLEY SCOTT THAT'S WHO!
    No.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

16. Post #16
    She tells them to not do anything stupid and then they go do something stupid

10/10 clearly fit for the job
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 15Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    May 2011
    6,281 Posts
    I want a Xenomorph to show up.

It doesn't need to take center stage and do a little dance or anything, but I want a Xeno to appear for just a LITTLE bit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

18. Post #18
    January 2010
    4,224 Posts
    I want a Xenomorph to show up.

It doesn't need to take center stage and do a little dance or anything, but I want a Xeno to appear for just a LITTLE bit.
    well, a comment on youtube opened my mind.
    there cant be xenomorphs because they are the creatures that appears after the aliens are combined with humans. What we may see is space jockey's alien combinations.

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,121 Posts
    I absolutely love the music. Can't wait to see this.

20. Post #20
    May 2010
    1,964 Posts
    This brings a thought to mind; shouldn't the aliens have to have evolved to, you know, be perfect at infesting the human body in particular? Unless I'm super wrong, that implies that the aliens were in contact with a human being, or at least a being very similar to a human, in the early part of their lives...

This could mean several things, of course.

21. Post #21
    April 2009
    1,801 Posts
    The possibilitys are fucking ∞

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,647 Posts
    Dude
    Whatever that creature was...

23. Post #23
    October 2009
    2,186 Posts
    holy shit that dudes helmet totally melted in on him 5/5
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    785 Posts
    Why is this called a launch trailer, it comes out in a month.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    8,202 Posts
    i wanna see a living space jockey

Edited:

also i swear to god if this has anything to do with predators

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,812 Posts
    i wanna see a living space jockey

Edited:

its ridley scott why would he do that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    December 2011
    1,110 Posts
    Strange how there are holograms and other technical magic things when in the Nostromo of the original alien you have CRTs. Well, it is a research ship and not a cargo hauler, so maybe thats it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    8,202 Posts
    its ridley scott why would he do that
    because since 1997, everything that had to do with the alien franchise was either a videogame, a tie-in with predator, or both
    rule of association

Edited:

Strange how there are holograms and other technical magic things when in the Nostromo of the original alien you have CRTs. Well, it is a research ship and not a cargo hauler, so maybe thats it.
    i noticed that too, i prefer the monochrome CRTs tbh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    few words to create space
    January 2009
    7,853 Posts
    And how do you expect them to explain where aliens come from?

joking, just joking   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    839 Posts
    dude this movie is gonna be jawesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

31. Post #31
    January 2012
    941 Posts
    seems like MOTY 2012.

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    6,250 Posts
    I hate trailers that give half the movie away
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 2 (list)