1. Post #1601
    Go make yourself a fucking waffle.
    April 2012
    3,062 Posts
    Questions about Riki and his invisibility.

1-Can towers spot me?

2-When you get hit, does he lose it?

Also, when you do the blink strike do you become "silenced" for a moment?
    Towers can spot you from a radius, as they have invisibility detection, same with the ancient. When you get hit, you do not lose it, and you do not get silenced when you use blink strike, I believe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #1602
    November 2007
    820 Posts
    Towers can spot you from a radius, as they have invisibility detection, same with the ancient. When you get hit, you do not lose it, and you do not get silenced when you use blink strike, I believe.
    Right now there's a bug that causes you to get silenced. Pretty big bug, actually.

3. Post #1603
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,114 Posts
    I am SO sick of going against Riki. Every 2nd/3rd match I am against him. At the start of my last match I complained saying "Urgh, Riki as usual" "Enjoy my dust and wards, sucker!"
    He abandoned very soon after. I'd like to think it was because he knew he wasn't going to get kills handed to him on a silver platter. There was good teamwork on both sides following that though, it's a shame it couldn't have been a proper and valid match. :smith:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #1604
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    4,926 Posts
    I really wonder how comes people think that Dust counters Riki. Smart Riki gets Diffusal just for that, so he can remove dust. Unless 2 people are carrying it, cooldown will allow Riki to escape.

Sentry isn't as easy to get rid of, but he has blink strike, i.e. well planned positioning means instant escape from True Sight area. And by the time enemy team is walking around with sentries and 5 people to insta-gib him, well farmed Riki will have BKB, i.e. no stuns to stop him from blink.

There are vision-based counters of course, but those are :
    - Gem (i.e. solved by killing the carrier, not easy, but team can help there)
    - Spamable debuff like Amplify Damage or Track (diffusal can help, but it's rather wasetful, unless able to escape premise very soon)

Still, just because you spend 200 or 180 gold, don't expect to kill Riki with ease. At least not a good Riki.

Bad Rikies, different story. Same stuff as with Skeleton Kings that max Critical Strike first and pick up level 2 aura for "safe laning". Food.

It's kind of sad when you lane with a guy, see possible kill and check his inventory/skills. In 4-5 minutes I could tell him what he could to in order to improve his game, but in lane I can only point out a couple of "wrongs" which don't really make lasting impression.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #1605
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    10,134 Posts
    Smart Riki gets Diffusal just for that, so he can remove dust. Unless 2 people are carrying it, cooldown will allow Riki to escape.
    Thank god there's no smart riki in pubs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #1606
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    733 Posts
    With smart slardar/bh you'll run out of charges pretty fast.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

7. Post #1607
    October 2009
    12,667 Posts
    Got to finally try PL today..I haven't really wanted to but I randomed him. Early game sucked for me even though I got 3 kills. I soon after got 3 deaths because this lina fucking HATED ME. She bought at least 4 sets of dust just to kill me. My farm sucked until late game. After I got vanguard, diffusal though the game began to change. I was able to just wreck people. Fun hero but I didn't really carry that well. I pushed well though.

8. Post #1608
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    4,926 Posts
    With smart slardar/bh you'll run out of charges pretty fast.
    As I said, it's rather wasetful to use it against their debuffs that just cost little mana and have barely any cooldown, unlike dust.

Still, escaping Slardar isn't that hard as Riki. Cloud will make him miss his attacks and he can't use his Crush while in it, so Cloud + slow on Slardar, and you are likely good to go. Also, who is going to solofarm as Carry without ganker/support flying around to save your ass ? At least wards will/should be there.

Bounty is a different story, but he still can't do much to Riki if he uses his cloud (melee, again), unless he gets MKB.

And in terms of charges, you get ~16 effective charges (first buy, then upgrade) for entire game, which is a lot actually, but spending ~850 gold to get 8 charges of purge/slow isn't that bad of a deal, especially late game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

9. Post #1609
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    17,356 Posts

1-Can towers spot me?

1- Yes
    2- If you get hit its because they can see it somehow, be it an ability, a Sentry Ward or Dust of Appearance. If you attack or use an item you lose your invisibility.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

10. Post #1610
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    16,109 Posts

1-Can towers spot me?

Yes.

No.

Bug. Don't play Riki right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

11. Post #1611
    I bought this title for 1 dollar
    April 2009
    8,421 Posts
    Was there ever any blog update for next week?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #1612
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    16,109 Posts
    Was there ever any blog update for next week?
    Nope.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

13. Post #1613
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,528 Posts
    how should i build bloodseeker?

last game i went wraith band, yasha, radiance, bkb, butterfly (then i would get satanic and upgrade yasha into manta)

good build?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Qatar Show Events

14. Post #1614
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    10,134 Posts
    I got my first abandon for being afk in spawn.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #1615
    June 2010
    2,321 Posts
    I've just got 2 overheats in a row during one match, now I have 1 abandon sitting there, looking at me. I don't know why stats system hates me this much, I've connected to the game in like 5:01 after my first disconnect, 1 team member has already left after me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Russian Federation Show Events

16. Post #1616
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,485 Posts

last game i went wraith band, yasha, radiance, bkb, butterfly (then i would get satanic and upgrade yasha into manta)

good build?
    dagon 5 and phase
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

17. Post #1617
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    16,109 Posts

good build?
    You shouldn't build Bloodseeker at all.

As in never play him ever because he's bad.

If you really fucking have to for some reason, Vlad's into Abyssal into Butterfly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Disagree Disagree x 10Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #1618
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,485 Posts
    dagon 5 and mask of madness for chasing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

19. Post #1619
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    3,175 Posts

If you really fucking have to for some reason, Vlad's into Abyssal into Butterfly.

vlads first? lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

20. Post #1620
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,201 Posts
    The best int hero is bland?
    good hero =/= fun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

21. Post #1621
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    7,728 Posts
    Support heroes are really underrated. Like Lich, Crystal Maiden and Pugna to name a few.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

22. Post #1622
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    10,134 Posts
    Support heroes are really underrated. Like Lich, Crystal Maiden and Pugna to name a few.
    Pugna underrated ? You're joking right ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

23. Post #1623
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    7,728 Posts
    Pugna underrated ? You're joking right ?
    In pubs, I mean. I though it was obvious that I'm playing in pubs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

24. Post #1624
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,532 Posts
    You picked 2 heroes that have been quite popular in the competitive scene (Lich having past and CM being banned a lot) and a ganker.

25. Post #1625
    June 2011
    8,356 Posts
    In pubs, I mean.
    You must be playing shitty pubs then, I see pugna, lich, and cm played regularly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #1626
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,485 Posts
    lol are you seriously classifying an entire role as underrated

theres always at least 1 support on every team in every game i see
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #1627
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    7,728 Posts
    lol are you seriously classifying an entire role as underrated

theres always at least 1 support on every team in every game i see
    I wish I was that lucky.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

28. Post #1628
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,485 Posts
    I wish I was that lucky.
    if theres not a support on your team pick a support, i dont really see how luck comes into it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

29. Post #1629
    April 2011
    651 Posts

1-Can towers spot me?

Yes enemy buildings have true sight so if you get too close you are revealed. Enemys cannot autoattck you if you are invis but non target so spells can you will still take damage but will not be revealed unless you are stunned
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

30. Post #1630
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,485 Posts
    Yes enemy buildings have true sight so if you get too close you are revealed. Enemys cannot autoattck you if you are invis but non target so spells can you will still take damage but will not be revealed unless you are stunned
    getting stunned wont reveal you wtf

31. Post #1631
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    7,728 Posts
    if theres not a support on your team pick a support
    I always try to.

i dont really see how luck comes into it
    Luck selects your teammates in pubs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

32. Post #1632
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,485 Posts
    I always try to.

Luck selects your teammates in pubs.
    if your teammates do not select a hero with the support role nothing is preventing you from selecting a hero with the support role. there is no reason for your team not to have a support hero every game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #1633
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    10,134 Posts
    Second team drafting Dazzle in comp today.

New meta Dazzle Krobellus.

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Funny Funny x 5Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

34. Post #1634
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,528 Posts

well i like playing him, and at my level, it doesn't even matter who you play, since i've won games with 5 hard carries
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Qatar Show Events

35. Post #1635
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    11,110 Posts
    My team won with these item builds

it just feels so wrong...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #1636
    Is that a rocket in your pocket?
    March 2010
    8,396 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #1637
    I bought this title for 1 dollar
    April 2009
    8,421 Posts
    You must be playing shitty pubs then, I see pugna, lich, and cm played regularly.
    Rarely, I see a carry crystal maiden but yeah I usually see a support in every game.. Does her ult still work if you use shadow blade afterwards?

38. Post #1638
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    11,110 Posts
    Rarely, I see a carry crystal maiden but yeah I usually see a support in every game.. Does her ult still work if you use shadow blade afterwards?
    If it works for Witch Doctor then it should work for her. It's a terrible idea though and a BKB is much better for both
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

39. Post #1639
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,485 Posts
    it should, let me test, cant find shit about it by searching

Edited:

yes but the ult is so short theres not really any point

40. Post #1640
    I may have a BIG dick but that doesn't mean I deserve a BIG title
    December 2009
    5,439 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Artistic Artistic x 9Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)