1. Post #3201
    Is that a rocket in your pocket?
    March 2010
    8,399 Posts
    yeah no

latest tf2 item that was added was contributed ike 7 days before that, rating and commenting stuff doesn't really matter

they choose whatever the fuck they want
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events

2. Post #3202
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,593 Posts
    There was a typo, it should say GO instead of GOES.

But with the Workshop, doesn't the masses of community get to vote which community creations might get added?
    In the end it's always Valve who makes the decision what items are accepted. The voting just gives Valve a good idea what the community wants.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #3203
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,945 Posts
    While we're at the top(or near)

[h2]Valve is adding an option to disable cosmetics.[/h2]

also
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Late Late x 2 (list)

4. Post #3204
    ~ an extraordinary gentleman ~
    December 2006
    1,352 Posts
    Is it bad I like spectating more than playing the game? It's just hard to get into, I'd rather watch the games themselves unfold. It's more entertaining than watching me fail around with Dragon Knight or Skeleton King, feeding the opposing team.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

5. Post #3205
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    Is it bad I like spectating more than playing the game? It's just hard to get into, I'd rather watch the games themselves unfold. It's more entertaining than watching me fail around with Dragon Knight or Skeleton King, feeding the opposing team.
    Don't play carries.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #3206
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    4,943 Posts
    Yay connection.

4 abondons now !

And there I was hoping that Engima game could have a nice twist.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

7. Post #3207
    April 2011
    471 Posts
    i dont get why people recommend skeleton king to new players, yes he have only one active skill, but in my opinion new players shouldnt play carries.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #3208
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    11,190 Posts
    i dont get why people recommend skeleton king to new players, yes he have only one active skill, but in my opinion new players shouldnt play carries.
    But you eventually need to try one carry before you try a different one and so on, and in that case Skeleton King is one of the best choices.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

9. Post #3209
    April 2011
    2,615 Posts
    There was a typo, it should say GO instead of GOES.

But with the Workshop, doesn't the masses of community get to vote which community creations might get added?
    ... and thatīs what people wanted, so Valve gave us this opportunity. You are not the only one, and if people want to vote the items, they will get that voting system.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

10. Post #3210
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    You need to start playing carries someday, and SK is the easiest of the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

11. Post #3211
    October 2010
    12,334 Posts
    I see.. Also, the cosmetics items are not totally gonna consist of community creations, but stuff made by Valve too? Wonder what's going to be the ratio in the end.. or maybe fuck this subject.

Edited:

Speaking of carrys, it's not nice to have too many of them in your team.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

12. Post #3212
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    I see.. Also, the cosmetics items are not totally gonna consist of community creations, but stuff made by Valve too? Wonder what's going to be the ratio in the end.. or maybe fuck this subject.
    Just look at how cosmetics are working on TF2, because it's going to be the exact same thing.

13. Post #3213
    July 2010
    4,592 Posts
    Skele King's ult gives newbies a 2nd chance when they die too. Not to say that they are actually USING his ult correctly, but it at least cuts down on feeding and can act as perfect bait with some teams

Edited:

Just look at how cosmetics are working on TF2, because it's going to be the exact same thing.
    Actually I think the community may have greater input overall due to the fact that workshop will be implemented from the start.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

14. Post #3214
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    11,190 Posts
    I've learned that time and time again my greatest weakness in Dota is being so remarkably stupid that I think I can actually have an enjoyable game while queueing without friends. 4 carries, Dragon Knight can't last hit at all, gets stun at level 8.

and yet we're probably going to win. still not an enjoyable game in the slightest though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #3215
    I bought this title for 1 dollar
    April 2009
    8,484 Posts
    I've learned that time and time again my greatest weakness in Dota is being so remarkably stupid that I think I can actually have an enjoyable game while queueing without friends. 4 carries, Dragon Knight can't last hit at all, gets stun at level 8.

and yet we're probably going to win. still not an enjoyable game in the slightest though.
    The only time I feel like I can get better is through soloq but the only time I usually have fun is party q.

16. Post #3216
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    11,190 Posts
    The only time I feel like I can get better is through soloq but the only time I usually have fun is party q.
    I don't learn anything solo q'ing. There's only so much you can do when your lane partner has no idea how to play his character. Sure, I don't get to ride off his success and have to try harder but supporting someone who doesn't take advantage of that support is extremely unfun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

17. Post #3217
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    6,929 Posts
    There will be updates applied to servers starting at 4pm and should be complete by 5pm.

Hour long Steam server update tonight.. could it be?

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...&postcount=427
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #3218
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    There will be updates applied to servers starting at 4pm and should be complete by 5pm.

Hats ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

19. Post #3219
    April 2011
    651 Posts
    While we're at the top(or near)

[h2]Valve is adding an option to disable cosmetics.[/h2]

also
    MY MY BALLS

20. Post #3220
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    6,929 Posts
    I want a red one.

21. Post #3221
    April 2009
    8,484 Posts
    Wait what?

22. Post #3222
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    I want a red one.
    I want every hats.

23. Post #3223
    July 2010
    4,592 Posts
    This would make a lot of sense since it coincides with the new UI update.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #3224
    June 2011
    8,597 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3 (list)

25. Post #3225
    April 2009
    8,484 Posts
    Oh cosmetics coming out (possibly)

26. Post #3226
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    6,929 Posts
    I want every hats.
    Tide belly flop is mine

27. Post #3227
    November 2007
    821 Posts
    Why would they sneak in cosmetics? It's not in the test client, and we would probably be able to tell if they just cut it out of the test client to make it "secret" or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #3228
    July 2010
    4,592 Posts
    Random drops from a few weeks ago were never in test either. And backend strings are slowly becoming less specific about store foundation and more based on specific items. Whatever date valve chose for the story - today or later - things seem to be wrapping up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

29. Post #3229
    November 2007
    646 Posts
    TRADING UNUSUAL JUGGERNAUT'S SWORD. NO LOWBALLS

30. Post #3230
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #3231
    April 2009
    8,484 Posts
    TRADING UNUSUAL JUGGERNAUT'S SWORD. NO LOWBALLS
    Offering unusual mask of madness

32. Post #3232
    Go make yourself a fucking waffle.
    April 2012
    3,179 Posts
    I like jug dog the most :(

33. Post #3233
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    The Yak is cute.

34. Post #3234
    Watching the world burn is my hobby.
    February 2005
    16,396 Posts
    The yak is fucking adorable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

35. Post #3235
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,673 Posts
    A chance of Cosmetic items tonight?
    http://www.dota2wiki.com/images/1/19...t_freakout.mp3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

36. Post #3236
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    1,161 Posts
    Woah I just checked my performance page and everything went HAYWIRE! Alchemist, bane, warlock are all at highest performance rank even though i've only played them once. All of them have changed even though I haven't played most of these guys in a while. Is anyone elses like this too?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #3237
    April 2009
    8,484 Posts
    The yak is no longer the last of its kind
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

38. Post #3238
    October 2009
    12,673 Posts
    Just won a bunch of fights because this ogre magi had the craziest luck with multicast. He got 2 double casts in a row in a fight. 3 in another. And just kept getting multicasts in team fights. Really helped. We were at a big disadvantage but won several team fights and took barracks and won.

We won due to luck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #3239
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    7,859 Posts
    Just got my first abandonment after more than 100 games because I just couldn't play with a team so terrible. There goes my streak.
    I feel like quitting the whole game, no abandonments was all I had.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

40. Post #3240
    DO YOU SLAP THE IMOUTO?YES/NO
    August 2010
    5,026 Posts
    Ogre Magi's lore is some funny shit.

also
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Funny Funny x 7Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)