Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,485 Posts
    boots mek wards wards wards wards wards wards wards wards wards
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #1922
    November 2009
    1,965 Posts
    Any bad bitches in here gonna be playing Diablo III in an hour?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #1923
    I bought this title for 1 dollar
    April 2009
    8,520 Posts
    Is it better to win with few kills and deaths or to lose with a kdr of about 5?
    To win? This isn't call of duty so it doesn't matter what your kdr is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #1924
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    7,006 Posts
    Any bad bitches in here gonna be playing Diablo III in an hour?
    This is still the dota thread but yes I will be
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #1925
    November 2009
    1,965 Posts
    This is still the dota thread but yes I will be
    I know, I was just wondering though. Want to play together?

6. Post #1926
    January 2011
    1,593 Posts
    To win? This isn't call of duty so it doesn't matter what your kdr is.
    It seems to me that a lot of people I meet blames losses on the players with the least kills. Even if they manage to break towers and support well.

7. Post #1927
    April 2009
    8,520 Posts
    It seems to me that a lot of people I meet blames losses on the players with the least kills. Even if they manage to break towers and support well.
    Because a lot of people think this game is like call of duty and kills > barracks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #1928
    July 2010
    5,173 Posts
    I just got my STS package from Valve, including some DOTA-related stuff

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8Late Late x 1 (list)

9. Post #1929
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,799 Posts
    Those that stream, what stuff and settings do you use?

10. Post #1930
    November 2009
    3,625 Posts

Jealousy levels nearing capacity.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #1931
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,519 Posts
    On that note Sing Sing was streaming this morning and told viewers he played with no delay on the stream, the match was just the enemy team de-warding whenever Sing Sing's view showed one of theirs and also them dropping everything and running to gank him when he was nowhere nearby and no wards were up since Sing's team put sentries everywhere trying to figure out how they knew exactly where he was- also they'd reply to his comments while streaming ingame. It was really douchey- so put a 5 minute delay pretty much is what I'm trying to say.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #1932
    May 2009
    1,836 Posts
    Whats an STS pack?
    Who else plays tide with force staff?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events

13. Post #1933
    Watching the world burn is my hobby.
    February 2005
    16,993 Posts
    Xsplit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

14. Post #1934
    like..dude..nevermind....fuck
    July 2011
    4,629 Posts
    force staff is really good on skeleton king

what am i saying, force staff is good on everyone
    force staff on bloodseeker is comical
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

15. Post #1935
    April 2011
    480 Posts
    force staff on bloodseeker is comical
    force staff on everybody
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #1936
    Dennab
    August 2011
    3,724 Posts
    I would be playing dota... but i have 6 A level exams throught this week and the next :/

17. Post #1937
    July 2010
    5,173 Posts
    Whats an STS pack?
    Steam Translation Server.
    We got gifts for basically getting into the DOTA 2 beta <:

18. Post #1938
    Is that a rocket in your pocket?
    March 2010
    8,412 Posts
    I want that fucking shop keeper sketch

I completely fucking hate you right now because I got promised to get into a translation group by one of our bosses and guess what
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events

19. Post #1939
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    Jealousy levels nearing capacity.
    I wouldn't say so, translating pirate requires very little brainpower, don't be jealous because you can get it too if you have the patience to get through the circlejerk admissions. (read below on what Scrake said, completely validates this)

I want that fucking shop keeper sketch

I completely fucking hate you right now because I got promised to get into a translation group by one of our bosses and guess what
    It's sad that you actually know a language and they don't and yet they get all the stuff huh?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #1940
    May 2011
    1,915 Posts
    I almost threw out the shopkeeper sketch, thought the slip it came in was packaging.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #1941
    July 2010
    5,173 Posts
    Haha I figured when I saw the slip that it had to be the sketches .

Also Beezle there's a few things wrong with your post:
    1.) Translating Pirate isn't like translating for the other languages, but there's still a code that we follow. Therefore we get a lot of translators who join to translate/see upcoming Valve updates only to never translate after a few strings because there's so many rules and regulations to how we do things. Even if it's as simple as translating "The STS package is pretty rad" to "Th' STS parcel be quite a beauty," a lot of translators forget the need for uniformity or completely diminish their creative power immediately. I ended up translating a lot of bio strings into Pirate, and translating several paragraphs of backstory is tiring to say the least.
    2.) The STS packages were for specific STS members. The 8 of us in Pirate that got the packages were actually people who earned STS DOTA 2 beta keys. And the 8 of us who earned STS DOTA 2 beta keys were deemed important translators who put in a lot of work or effort into our respective languages. I literally earned my beta key/package by working my ass off in a contest for Pirate. Not to say that Scrake would not have input a lot into his language, but by the start of this year 3/4 of the languages available had spots filled. Especially Spanish, which was, afaik, the first language to actually finish.
    3.) Scrake should hit me up if he wants to be added into STS. Unless his application was rejected - again, if this is Spanish they're pretty set with translators AFAIK - I can probably talk to one of our admins and see if he can get a translation position.

22. Post #1942
    Go make yourself a fucking waffle.
    April 2012
    3,452 Posts
    force staff on everybody
    blink dagger on everyone
    initiation witch doctor stun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #1943
    March 2010
    8,412 Posts
    Haha I figured when I saw the slip that it had to be the sketches .

Also Beezle there's a few things wrong with your post:
    1.) Translating Pirate isn't like translating for the other languages, but there's still a code that we follow. Therefore we get a lot of translators who join to translate/see upcoming Valve updates only to never translate after a few strings because there's so many rules and regulations to how we do things. Even if it's as simple as translating "The STS package is pretty rad" to "Th' STS parcel be quite a beauty," a lot of translators forget the need for uniformity or completely diminish their creative power immediately. I ended up translating a lot of bio strings into Pirate, and translating several paragraphs of backstory is tiring to say the least.
    2.) The STS packages were for specific STS members. The 8 of us in Pirate that got the packages were actually people who earned STS DOTA 2 beta keys. And the 8 of us who earned STS DOTA 2 beta keys were deemed important translators who put in a lot of work or effort into our respective languages. I literally earned my beta key/package by working my ass off in a contest for Pirate. Not to say that Scrake would not have input a lot into his language, but by the start of this year 3/4 of the languages available had spots filled. Especially Spanish, which was, afaik, the first language to actually finish.
    3.) Scrake should hit me up if he wants to be added into STS. Unless his application was rejected - again, if this is Spanish they're pretty set with translators AFAIK - I can probably talk to one of our admins and see if he can get a translation position.
    I'm already in the sts, I got in when it was beta

I just didn't get in for the dumb dota 2 translation groups

24. Post #1944
    July 2010
    5,173 Posts
    Oh okay. Sorry to hear that then, don't know why you weren't allowed in.

25. Post #1945
    March 2010
    8,412 Posts
    I was late but they kicked one guy from the dota 2 spanish group, asked a mod to get in and told me he'd take in consideration I have experience in moba games and stuff

Then he got a friend of him in instead who has no fucking idea of translating so he could get free stuff

but eh I got a signed portal 2 poster the other day from valve, I'm happy enough.

26. Post #1946
    July 2010
    5,173 Posts
    Wow that's really unfair. That's one of the problems with having translator-based mods; there's sometimes favoritism.

27. Post #1947
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    sometimes lol

what's a good SF item build
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

28. Post #1948
    February 2005
    16,993 Posts
    sometimes lol

what's a good SF item build
    Blink Dagger, BKB into damage items.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #1949
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    15,545 Posts
    sf build > phase boots, drums, etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

30. Post #1950
    The Pain Train's a-comin! Woo woo!
    August 2010
    1,140 Posts
    blink dagger on everyone
    initiation witch doctor stun
    CASKIT!

bingbingbingbingbingbing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

31. Post #1951
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,866 Posts
    oh wow, there are so many item options for jakiro, I have no idea which items to rush
    Mek, Veil OR drums(Veil if you are sure you can land a good ulti or/and if there are other magic damage heroes on your team who can benefit), if need for disable go for sheep, if you want more damage(again always sure u can land a full ulti) go for scepter.

And those items are if you are overflowing with moneys cuz you are a support/roamer so you gotta buy wards!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Guatemala Show Events

32. Post #1952
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,069 Posts
    I've recently taken a huge liking to Pugna. I don't really have a good grasp on items to get, though. I (obviously) get the courier, and then tango, and then I build toward the Ring of Basilius. After that, I go for arcane boots at the same time as mek. Since I got those really quickly in my last game, I didn't know what to go for next, so I just went for Scythe of Vyse. Good/bad? I would like some help on getting a better pugna build.

33. Post #1953
    February 2005
    16,993 Posts
    Scythe is good for every Int hero. Eul's isn't a bad idea either if you're strapped for cash.

34. Post #1954
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,069 Posts
    Okay, well at the end of the round I had 5000+ gold and all I had left in Scythe is the 2700 gold item (name slips me, sorry). After that would I go for DPS or armor items?

35. Post #1955
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,854 Posts
    I know you wouldn't remember EVERY hero that shouldn't get Aghanim's, but would you guys be able to say the ones that come to your mind? I need to know if I should consider it or not, depending on who I'm playing

36. Post #1956
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    11,201 Posts
    I know you wouldn't remember EVERY hero that shouldn't get Aghanim's, but would you guys be able to say the ones that come to your mind? I need to know if I should consider it or not, depending on who I'm playing
    They shouldn't necessarily absolutely not get it, but Agh's is very overrated on Lion and Lina.
    I'm pretty sure it's recommended core for Shadow Shaman in-game but I think the damage increase on the wards is pretty negligible and there are much better items.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #1957
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,596 Posts
    Aghanims is a bad choice on Necrolyte, Crystal Maiden, and Windrunner.

Edited:

Great, professional writing on the Dota 2 wiki.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #1958
    February 2005
    16,993 Posts
    Invoker is the only hero who should be getting one every game without question imo.

Some great people to pick it up on are Clockwerk, Dark Seer, Nightstalker, Razor, Earthshaker, Sand King, and Vengeful Spirit.

39. Post #1959
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,854 Posts
    what about pudge? the obvious downside would be the disables, but the bonuses it provides sound way too good to be ignored

40. Post #1960
    April 2009
    8,520 Posts
    what about pudge? the obvious downside would be the disables, but the bonuses it provides sound way too good to be ignored
    Aghanims is what makes pudge useful lategame.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)