1. Post #241
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,866 Posts
    Pudge's hook is single target, though. it serves little purpose in team-fights other then tkaing out a support.

Torrent is an AoE skill that can be easily stacked with other skills, like DS's Vacuum or Enigma's Black Hole.
    Why stack a torrent with those when you can do a Jakiros Macrophyre, which does 6 times more damage, and Jakiro also pushes towers with his liquid fire passive and has a really long rage disable + aoe fire/ice wave to push creeps or harrass.

Pros rarely go for flashy heroe line-ups because they are more focused on winning money, so they pick only the best. Kunkka is not a bad hero, but hes not the best.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Guatemala Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #242
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,485 Posts
    kunkka isnt even picked in pub games for his ridiculously unreliable disables, hes picked so that you can do as much damage in one attack as possible and then maybe luck out and hit a torrent
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #243
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,624 Posts
    I just wish Kunnka's ult was aimed differently, like maybe click where you want the ship to land then drag which direction you want it to go then let go and it casts. Right now unless I cast it far away and run up it will just fly in some random spot and I'll hit someone by pure luck.
    Mouse over the icon for it so it shows the range indicator. That's how far it will go, always, no matter where you click, or which way you're facing. Your click only determines which direction it will go.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

4. Post #244
    September 2011
    1,544 Posts
    So I managed to upload the first item to the DOTA2 Workshop.

legit, no hate.
    I know this is really fucking late but I thought I was the only person that remembered that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #245
    I bought this title for 1 dollar
    April 2009
    8,507 Posts
    Razor is so fun to outlane people with. Get a solo lane and you'll have an easy time against just about any setup. Once you get 3 levels of your plasma ring thingy, you can harass like a motherfucker.
    I hate laning against him mid, I'm always down to half hp before I even start ganking.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #246
    like..dude..nevermind....fuck
    July 2011
    4,620 Posts
    valve pls
    update
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

7. Post #247
    June 2011
    8,705 Posts
    Yo Valve! Where's the update?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #248
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    They already released updates way later than that, don't complain yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

9. Post #249
    June 2011
    8,705 Posts
    May 2nd, 2012.

The day Dota 2 stood still.

10. Post #250
    April 2009
    8,507 Posts
    Why stack a torrent with those when you can do a Jakiros Macrophyre, which does 6 times more damage, and Jakiro also pushes towers with his liquid fire passive and has a really long rage disable + aoe fire/ice wave to push creeps or harrass.

Pros rarely go for flashy heroe line-ups because they are more focused on winning money, so they pick only the best. Kunkka is not a bad hero, but hes not the best.
    Thats the story for all heroes. I don't think there is a hero that isn't useful to the team except the occasional bloodseeker.

11. Post #251
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    Thats the story for all heroes. I don't think there is a hero that isn't useful to the team except the occasional bloodseeker.
    To be honest Bloodseeker can be useful to the team, in a teamfight, Rupture is almost a guaranteed kill as the target is either forced to walk away or either stays here and gets raped (if the rest of the team isn't dumb as fuck), and his silence works quite well on some heroes.

12. Post #252
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    11,199 Posts
    Phantom Lancer probably means I'll start playing Enchantress more now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #253
    September 2011
    1,708 Posts
    Because Macropyre has 5 times the cool-down and isn't available until level 6?

And the fact Macropyre doesn't have a 2 second disable.

Edited:

And of course the fact the Jakiro doesn't do enough damage to be a carry. His role is crown control, but even his high spell DPS doesn't mean much if the enemy team has a pipe.

Ol' CoCo has tons of utility without losing any of his damage potential.

Edited:

I just wish Kunnka's ult was aimed differently, like maybe click where you want the ship to land then drag which direction you want it to go then let go and it casts. Right now unless I cast it far away and run up it will just fly in some random spot and I'll hit someone by pure luck.
    Kunkka's ult isn't as tricky as it seems.

I will always land exactly 500 feet in the direction you cast it, going through Kunkka.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

14. Post #254
    March 2012
    1,089 Posts
    Went 9-0 with Riki ~ So much win

I'm new :3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Late Late x 2 (list)

15. Post #255
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    It's rumoured that Cyborgmatt works at Valve now apparently.
    And he has access to Portal 2 Beta.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Funny Funny x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #256
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    11,199 Posts
    Went 9-0 with Riki ~ So much win

I'm new :3
    Don't want to come off as mean but don't let it get to your head, Riki is known for pubstomping
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #257
    May 2011
    1,911 Posts
    Brewmaster is amazing, even with a terrible start I was able to completely bounce back and wreck stuff.

Don't want to come off as mean but don't let it get to your head, Riki is known for pubstomping
    He's been picked in competitive matches more often recently.

18. Post #258
    March 2012
    1,089 Posts
    Yeah Riki's banned in most drafts, but he's one of the heroes I love playing.

19. Post #259
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    So yeah Cyborgmatt has the Portal 2 Beta access.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

20. Post #260
    April 2009
    8,507 Posts

Edited:

And of course the fact the Jakiro doesn't do enough damage to be a carry. His role is crown control, but even his high spell DPS doesn't mean much if the enemy team has a pipe.

Edited:

Kunkka's ult isn't as tricky as it seems.

I will always land exactly 500 feet in the direction you cast it, going through Kunkka.
    I've never had the trouble landing kunkka's ult but I've only played him a few times. Maybe it's just that I haven't had a game where I missed his ult in a big situation.

21. Post #261
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,519 Posts
    Mouse over the icon for it so it shows the range indicator. That's how far it will go, always, no matter where you click, or which way you're facing. Your click only determines which direction it will go.
    If I cast it out of range and my guy runs up to cast it the ship always lands where I clicked. If I cast when I'm in range it will come from behind me and go forward a good distance.

22. Post #262
    April 2009
    8,507 Posts
    Don't dota updates come out on thursday? Or are you guys just talking about the test update.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #263
    July 2010
    4,949 Posts
    Talking about test update.

Edited:

So yeah Cyborgmatt has the Portal 2 Beta access.
    It wouldn't surprise me if Cyborgmatt is working for Valve now, but there are folks out there who have Portal 2 beta access because of being integral to the community.

Like some STS mods have beta access, even though they aren't official members of Valve.

24. Post #264
    June 2011
    8,705 Posts
    Spoiler alert: Wednesday's update is canceled.

25. Post #265
    November 2007
    646 Posts
    Spoiler tag that shit man
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #266
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    6,978 Posts
    It seems like every game now I'm getting an unknown item at the end, up to five now

27. Post #267
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,988 Posts
    MASSIVE SPOILERS FOR DOTA 2    Kunkka's dead, killed by Tidehunter in the Sea with a Seamonster.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #268
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,798 Posts
    MASSIVE SPOILERS FOR DOTA 2    Kunkka's dead, killed by Tidehunter in the Sea with a Seamonster.   
    actually no
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

29. Post #269
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    Cyborgmatt confirmed that there's an update today.
    Just wait.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

30. Post #270
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,866 Posts

Edited:

Macrophyre doesnt have a 2 second disable but Icepath has, and its not nearly as hard to land as Torrent does, and it covers a bigger area. Also, EVEN with Pipe, Macrophyre does 4 times more damage than a torrent.

And Kunkka is VERY farm dependant, and pros will prefer to put other heroes to farm than kunkka, because they have a bigger potencial. He is a jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Guatemala Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #271
    April 2009
    8,507 Posts
    Wow dota = ruined.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #272
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    11,199 Posts
    My last team was like a Lamborghini Gallardo
    Seemed great at first and we were cruising along, completely destroying the other team and out of nowhere they just erupt in flames of idiocy and we got completely steamrolled
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #273
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    2,532 Posts
    If the update is taking this long, I am sure we are getting 2 heroes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 7 (list)

34. Post #274
    October 2011
    542 Posts
    OMGZ EVERYTHING IS BROKENNNNNNNN
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Chile Show Events

35. Post #275
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,988 Posts
    Talking with folks in the TF2 Emporium, I had a pretty cool idea.

Announcer: Cave Johnson.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #276
    Fabulous Vailglorous Extraordinaire
    February 2007
    10,708 Posts
    If the update is talomg this long, I am sure we are getting 2 heroes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #277
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,988 Posts
    expanding on that:

Announcer: Space Core. Now I know people are tired of the Space meme, but I'd only want it for the obvious roshan thing.

"Dad, I defeated Roshan."

"I'm proud of you son."

"Dad, are you Roshan?"

"Yes, now we are a family again."

"RIP."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

38. Post #278
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    == Cyborgmatt changed the topic of #Cyborgmatt to: There will be a patch tonight, it has been delayed, that's all.

39. Post #279
    October 2011
    542 Posts
    == Cyborgmatt changed the topic of #Cyborgmatt to: There will be a patch tonight, it has been delayed, that's all.
    Looking for info :)
    Edit

Cyborgmatt is streaming while patching is coming.
    http://www.own3d.tv/live/20301/Cyborgmatt.com
    Edit Edit
    Leaked info from patch!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Chile Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

40. Post #280
    April 2009
    8,507 Posts
    Talking with folks in the TF2 Emporium, I had a pretty cool idea.

Announcer: Cave Johnson.
    I'd have a reason to play dota other than being addicted to it.