1. Post #1

July 2011
    33 Posts
    Hi there i have a dedicated server on garrys mod but i cannot change the game mode from sandbox please could u help i drag other gamemodes into the gamemode folder and i done a bit of research and they says change it by server.cfg but i dont have 1 now i slightly confused :S
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #2
    Blue and Proud Of It.
    Dennab
    September 2011
    961 Posts
    Okay, in

your GARRYSMOD Folder (Server's)

Do this:

Goto your CFG Folder,

Create a new file, called server.cfg

In it, put the following:
    Code:
    sv_defaultgamemode "EXACTGAMEMODENAMEHERE"
    Any questions, just ask ;)

3. Post #3

July 2011
    33 Posts
    ok it changes the gamemode in the console but when i go onto my server on gmod its just gmod base gamemode when its meant to be deathrun please help

4. Post #4
    May 2009
    930 Posts
    ok it changes the gamemode in the console but when i go onto my server on gmod its just gmod base gamemode when its meant to be deathrun please help
    Then you have an error. You should post in the Questions subforum of the Lua Scripting forum asking how to fix it, along with the error, and the part of the file where the error has occured.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

5. Post #5

July 2011
    33 Posts
    Then you have an error. You should post in the Questions subforum of the Lua Scripting forum asking how to fix it, along with the error, and the part of the file where the error has occured.
    ---- Host_Changelevel ----
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props/cs_militia/lightfixture01.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props/cs_militia/lightfixture01.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props/cs_office/light_security.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props/cs_office/light_security.mdl)
    Lua initialized (Lua 5.1)
    Reverting sv_defaultgamemode to sandbox - gamemode is not valid.
    Registering gamemode 'sandbox' derived from 'base'
    ScriptEnforce is disabled
    Compressing lua files into data pack..
    Skipped. Datapack exists.
    Executing dedicated server config file server.cfg
    Attempted to create unknown entity type weapon_m3!
    Can't init weapon_m3
    Can't init weapon_m3
    Can't init weapon_m3
    Can't init weapon_m3
    Can't init weapon_m3
    Can't init weapon_m3
    Can't init weapon_m3
    Can't init weapon_m3
    Door door_outside_02 using obsolete 'Start Open' spawnflag with 'Spawn Position' set to 'Open'. Reverting to old behavior.
    Door door_inside_02 using obsolete 'Start Open' spawnflag with 'Spawn Position' set to 'Open'. Reverting to old behavior.
    Door door_inside_01 using obsolete 'Start Open' spawnflag with 'Spawn Position' set to 'Open'. Reverting to old behavior.

This is the error i get can any one help?

6. Post #6
    itty-bitty pretty kitty
    Dennab
    September 2008
    9,837 Posts
    Reverting sv_defaultgamemode to sandbox - gamemode is not valid.

You installed it or set the variable incorrectly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

7. Post #7

July 2011
    33 Posts
    how can i fix this please can u send it or some think thxs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

8. Post #8
    itty-bitty pretty kitty
    Dennab
    September 2008
    9,837 Posts
    how can i fix this please can u send it or some think thxs
    No. Give us more info. Where'd you get it, where'd you put it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #9

July 2011
    33 Posts
    i put the file into my gamemodes file and changed the gamemode in the console to match and i got the gamemode from drama ultimate

10. Post #10
    Fight for justice, fight for Manning and Snowden.
    April 2010
    2,588 Posts
    Doesn't scare me why it doesn't work. Most gamemodes are broken on drama unlimited.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Faroe Islands Show Events

11. Post #11
    Gold Member

April 2011
    20 Posts
    Hi there i have a dedicated server on garrys mod but i cannot change the game mode from sandbox please could u help i drag other gamemodes into the gamemode folder and i done a bit of research and they says change it by server.cfg but i dont have 1 now i slightly confused :S
    Just make a new cfg called "autoexec.cfg" and put sv_defaultgamemode gamemodehere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

12. Post #12
    Fight for justice, fight for Manning and Snowden.
    April 2010
    2,588 Posts
    I still am sure he won't get it to work, as the gamemode is bugged.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Faroe Islands Show Events

13. Post #13

September 2011
    41 Posts
    Learn to code or find a new gamemode to host.
    Tip: Don't ask "How do I fix it" unless you have the money for someone to fix it for you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

14. Post #14
    Blue and Proud Of It.
    Dennab
    September 2011
    961 Posts
    For Fuck sake you have been banned so much for this exact thing. Use the questions sub forum.

Also pirated the Gamemode...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

15. Post #15
    October 2013
    81 Posts
    Instead of being jerks and not helping, how about you actually help. Acting like you know whats up and not helping is just low.

This forum is for HELPING one another.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Japan Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Best TTT Server Ever!
    December 2012
    1,276 Posts
    You revived a two year old thread that was posted in the wrong section, you proud of yourself?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Zing Zing x 1 (list)