1. Post #41
    Casual Bananas
    February 2011
    1,716 Posts
    Why not release the gamemode as is and let other people fix it up as they like?
    I added a link to my thread, in the original post.
    This project however will be DrJenkins responsibility so let's quit talking about the ddosers at lifepunch or him not being able to do it, and see what becomes of this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #42

March 2012
    32 Posts
    Because then way too many servers would be setup
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

3. Post #43
    Blue and Proud Of It.
    Dennab
    September 2011
    961 Posts
    Because then way too many servers would be setup

No I would behappy to have many many severs up but I don't want it ruined like dark rp was by kids running severs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #44
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,410 Posts
    Kids will always ruin gamemodes. Look at lifepunch for example. It's just how garrysmod is. Having multiple servers will give players the opportunity to run non "dark rp kid" servers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

5. Post #45
    LifePunch.net
    June 2010
    1,178 Posts
    Look at lifepunch for example..
    "I got banned from my favorite server so they have now failed!"

Are you going to report me to Garry too, Sam-kun?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b1q5MP0A0Y
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    Trans genders are gays with mental dis orders
    Dennab
    January 2012
    3,881 Posts

Monkeys I really like you, but maybe its time to stop posting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

7. Post #47
    Casual Bananas
    February 2011
    1,716 Posts
    Monkeys I really like you, but maybe its time to stop posting.
    But his posts are so full of joy and fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

8. Post #48
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    Monkeys is just arrogant. He thinks he always makes the right choice when it comes to banning. He's just not open to criticism on anything. Hell, he banned me for "hacking" after I had helped the server so much (which he won't admit I did because he wants to make everyone think he's a badass and I'm just an ass).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    LifePunch.net
    June 2010
    1,178 Posts
    Sorry I banned you for trying an aimbot

I'm a terrible person
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #50
    Blue and Proud Of It.
    Dennab
    September 2011
    961 Posts
    We know that already...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    Casual Bananas
    February 2011
    1,716 Posts
    Why does facepunch hate MisterTickles so much? Let's just put this whole thing behind us and focus on DrJenkins' work.

Anything you can show us?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

12. Post #52
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    Sorry I banned you for trying an aimbot

I'm a terrible person
    I already explained to you why I did that. Being half-asleep resulting in poor judgement is a bitch. Not to mention I donated and told Drew about that same exploit. If I wanted to harm the server, I wouldn't had gone through all the trouble to play on Lifepunch again. Oh yeah, and then you unbanned me and then banned me again. Nice move, jackass. Long story short, you're ungrateful as all hell and attempt to justify your actions with "he hacked, he's a bad person" after all I did for the server.

Edited:

Why does facepunch hate MisterTickles so much?
    Because he insists on banning everyone that plays on his server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

13. Post #53
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,410 Posts

not banned from your servers, big boy. ;)

Edited:

also, i vote for a public release for this gamemode if that wasn't clear.

Edited:

Monkeys is just arrogant. He thinks he always makes the right choice when it comes to banning. He's just not open to criticism on anything. Hell, he banned me for "hacking" after I had helped the server so much (which he won't admit I did because he wants to make everyone think he's a badass and I'm just an ass).

that really was a mistake on your end, not his fault, i'd do the same..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    Casual Bananas
    February 2011
    1,716 Posts
    also, i vote for a public release for this gamemode if that wasn't clear.
    There IS a public release of my version - which is not working with garrysmod 13 - in the original jailbreak thread. This particular thread is about DrJenkins's fixup which he told me he is only going to give to select people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Netherlands Show Events Informative Informative x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #55
    Blue and Proud Of It.
    Dennab
    September 2011
    961 Posts
    At the moment I'm working on Serverside features and hopefully (Not definite) going to integrate a MySQL Point system :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

16. Post #56
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    that really was a mistake on your end, not his fault, i'd do the same..
    Then you're just as bad as Monkeys. I never said it wasn't a mistake, but I had a decent excuse and I helped the server a lot. Any reasonable person would dismiss the single bad thing I did over the other, more significant good things I did.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    898 Posts
    Holy hell. This is a thread about a Jailbreak gamemode. Not a thread where Lifepunch staff and previous Lifepunch members call each other assholes over and over again.

I keep coming back to this thread thinking this gamemode has gotten new features or someone can put forth a valid suggestion, but all I see are a bunch of babies arguing over getting banned on Lifepunch, the staff being smug assholes about it, and this thread getting derailed to hell.

I want to see this gamemode's progress, if you don't have anything to say about the gamemode, don't say it at all.

On topic: I may help test this if the server is still going, and if I get the time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

18. Post #58
    LifePunch.net
    June 2010
    1,178 Posts
    I had a decent excuse
    "I was tired ;_;" is not a decent excuse for trying to cheat

and I helped the server a lot.
    How? You donated 5 bucks? I can give them back to you if it makes you feel any better.

Any reasonable person would dismiss the single bad thing I did over the other, more significant good things I did.
    What are all these great significant good things you did? Remind me please. Also, rules are rules. Cheats = permaban, it's been like that forever. Not going to "dismiss" it for anyone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

19. Post #59
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    1,877 Posts
    Then you're just as bad as Monkeys. I never said it wasn't a mistake, but I had a decent excuse and I helped the server a lot. Any reasonable person would dismiss the single bad thing I did over the other, more significant good things I did.
    Because if you kill 100 people, but save 900 babies, you don't get punished for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

20. Post #60
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    Because if you kill 100 people, but save 900 babies, you don't get punished for it.
    Funny, considering anyone who saves 900 babies probably wouldn't even consider killing 100 people.

Nice try.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    Blue and Proud Of It.
    Dennab
    September 2011
    961 Posts
    It was a metaphor
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

22. Post #62
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    "I was tired ;_;" is not a decent excuse for trying to cheat

How? You donated 5 bucks? I can give them back to you if it makes you feel any better.

What are all these great significant good things you did? Remind me please. Also, rules are rules. Cheats = permaban, it's been like that forever. Not going to "dismiss" it for anyone.
    Actually, it is a decent excuse. People do stupid shit when they're tired. Denying that is like saying the Earth is flat. On top of that, I did more than donate. I told Drew about the exploit. If I truly wanted to hack, I wouldn't had told Drew about it in the first place. And if I do recall correctly, I was a decent player on the server. I never really did anything to piss anyone off, and if I did, I apologized. I understand that rules are rules, but sometimes rules are meant to be broken. Sure, I didn't work miracles for LifePunch, but I did do good things and I was genuinely a good player besides the single mistake I made. Also, to be quite fair, I never actually cheated - I attempted to cheat under bad judgement.

You can keep the money. All I want at this point is to be unbanned. Despite what you may think, I still enjoy the server. I don't like the management it's under, but I enjoy it nonetheless. Hell, I might even consider donating again granted LifePunch is still good (which apparently it still is according to most people). It's up to you to give me another chance. I can honestly say I would respect you a little more and these arguments wouldn't happen. Again, it's up to you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

23. Post #63
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    18,248 Posts
    the only time ive ever played jailbreak was with 12 year old brazilians in css

it gets second place for best jb server

Edited:

first place was with 2 danish children as prisoners

i dont exactly expect jb to ever set its bar super high
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

24. Post #64
    Blue and Proud Of It.
    Dennab
    September 2011
    961 Posts
    For Fuck Sake,

LIFEPUNCH: Get the fuck out.

People who hate Lifepunch but are interested in this thread: I have begun working on a nice rank display in the scoreboard ;)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #65
    LifePunch.net
    June 2010
    1,178 Posts
    Actually, it is a decent excuse. People do stupid shit when they're tired. Denying that is like saying the Earth is flat.
    People definitely do stupid shit when they're tired. Doesn't make it okay though.

On top of that, I did more than donate. I told Drew about the exploit. If I truly wanted to hack, I wouldn't had told Drew about it in the first place.
    You did tell Drew about the exploit (even though he would have found out eventually, it was only a matter of time) - then Drew told you NOT to use it because our anti-cheat would pick it up, and you used it anyways. Then you got banned. I see nothing wrong there.

And if I do recall correctly, I was a decent player on the server. I never really did anything to piss anyone off, and if I did, I apologized.
    You definitely were a decent player, that doesn't mean trying to cheat wouldn't get you banned though.

I understand that rules are rules, but sometimes rules are meant to be broken.
    Sure, but this wasn't one of those times where rules are meant to be broken. Going by that, we should forgive anyone who cheated or tried to because sometimes rules are meant to be broken? I'll pass.

Sure, I didn't work miracles for LifePunch, but I did do good things
    Like what

and I was genuinely a good player besides the single mistake I made.
    Sure, but that one mistake you did always ends up in a permanent ban, regardless of who it is. Hell, if an admin of mine "tried" cheating once, I'd also ban them permanently. There's no exception.

Also, to be quite fair, I never actually cheated - I attempted to cheat under bad judgement.
    Our anti-cheat likes to ban people before they actually succeed to cheat. It's special like that. :) Just because the anti-cheat caught you before you could aimbot and banned you, doesn't mean it's okay. You were still going to aimbot. We just stopped you first.

Same as someone that walks into a high school with a TEC-9 under his vest. He'll still go to jail. Juts because we caught him before he could go on a shooting spree doesn't make it okay.

You can keep the money. All I want at this point is to be unbanned. Despite what you may think, I still enjoy the server. I don't like the management it's under, but I enjoy it nonetheless. Hell, I might even consider donating again granted LifePunch is still good (which apparently it still is according to most people). It's up to you to give me another chance. I can honestly say I would respect you a little more and these arguments wouldn't happen. Again, it's up to you.
    You're not going to get unbanned, although I'm pretty sure that's been made clear by now. We've strictly never unbanned hackers and it'll be like that forever. If it makes you lose "respect" for me, so be it!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    898 Posts
    Isn't there a steam chat or, I don't know, the LIFEPUNCH forums you two can discuss this on?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

27. Post #67
    October 2009
    5,853 Posts
    People definitely do stupid shit when they're tired. Doesn't make it okay though.

You did tell Drew about the exploit (even though he would have found out eventually, it was only a matter of time) - then Drew told you NOT to use it because our anti-cheat would pick it up, and you used it anyways. Then you got banned. I see nothing wrong there.

You definitely were a decent player, that doesn't mean trying to cheat wouldn't get you banned though.

Sure, but this wasn't one of those times where rules are meant to be broken. Going by that, we should forgive anyone who cheated or tried to because sometimes rules are meant to be broken? I'll pass.

Like what

Sure, but that one mistake you did always ends up in a permanent ban, regardless of who it is. Hell, if an admin of mine "tried" cheating once, I'd also ban them permanently. There's no exception.

Our anti-cheat likes to ban people before they actually succeed to cheat. It's special like that. :) Just because the anti-cheat caught you before you could aimbot and banned you, doesn't mean it's okay. You were still going to aimbot. We just stopped you first.

Same as someone that walks into a high school with a TEC-9 under his vest. He'll still go to jail. Juts because we caught him before he could go on a shooting spree doesn't make it okay.

You're not going to get unbanned, although I'm pretty sure that's been made clear by now. We've strictly never unbanned hackers and it'll be like that forever. If it makes you lose "respect" for me, so be it!
    only 2 words from my keyboard

SHUT UP ,take your eh" Community" drama SOMEWHERE else
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Venezuela Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

28. Post #68
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    Yes, Drew told me not to use it - which is exactly why it's obvious that I wasn't thinking straight. Yes, he would've found out about it over time, but that doesn't mean I didn't stop at least a few people who truly did want to piss people off with the exploit. Again, you keep saying I didn't do good things for the server. Stop that. It's one thing to keep me banned because you're an ungrateful jackass, but to say I didn't do shit for the server because I "hacked" is just stupid. Also, your anti-cheat is obviously a piece of shit if it doesn't just fucking BLOCK the hacks instead of permabanning for them. If you want to avoid drama like this, that's one way you could do it. But no, you have to look like the man in charge. Oh yeah, and if a kid walks into a high school with a TEC-9 but never shoots anyone, he doesn't go to jail for life. With that logic, I should just be banned for a long time - not permanently. You said it yourself, I was a decent player. If you actually believe that, I wouldn't be banned right now. And no, you shouldn't unban everyone who tried to cheat - just the ones who actually contributed to the server and have a half-way decent excuse as to why they attempted to cheat. Now, had these people actually successfully cheated, I could slightly understand a ban. This isn't about respect, this is about doing the right thing, which obviously you aren't very good at. Not unbanning me is a dick move. Your only excuse for this is: "Well, he made a bad decision under very poor judgment thus rendering all the other good things he did pointless."

I can kind of see why they call you Monkeys. Because trying to reason with you is like trying to reason with a monkey.

Edited:

Isn't there a steam chat or, I don't know, the LIFEPUNCH forums you two can discuss this on?
    He took me off Steam friends because I'm "immature" and I'm pretty sure if I went to the LifePunch forums, people would not only kiss Monkeys' ass and say he is God, but the thread would probably be locked and deleted because the almighty Fuhrer Monkeys would be unable to deal with the fact someone made a bad post about him on his own forums.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11 (list)

29. Post #69
    October 2008
    454 Posts
    I really thought this thread was about DrJenkins continuing Excl's jailbreak gamemode not people arguing over LifePunch or whatever... Anyways, I wish you luck DrJenkins!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #70
    Blue and Proud Of It.
    Dennab
    September 2011
    961 Posts
    Thanks wishbone I'm gonna go ask a mod to ban monkey for being a Morton
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb x 6Funny x 3Informative x 1Artistic x 1Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #71
    "The superior man understands what is right; the inferior man understands what will sell"
    August 2011
    3,556 Posts
    Thanks wishbone I'm gonna go ask a mod to ban monkey for being a Morton
    How ironic

Anyways, this is tour thread about JB 2.0, what have you done so far? Any visual stuff?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #72
    #YOLO
    July 2011
    1,666 Posts
    I see you are still working on this. Fixing/adding 30 lines of code takes loads of time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #73
    Blue and Proud Of It.
    Dennab
    September 2011
    961 Posts
    Hahahahaha, Knoxed please fuck off and stop asking "Combien pour la fillette?" If you have nothing constructive or contributive to say then get the fuck out.

I'm working on the backend and the scoreboard. I can't show anything yet because my Laptop with GMod and Steam has fucked up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8 (list)

34. Post #74
    #YOLO
    July 2011
    1,666 Posts
    Hahahahaha, Knoxed please fuck off and stop asking "Combien pour la fillette?" If you have nothing constructive or contributive to say then get the fuck out.

I'm working on the backend and the scoreboard. I can't show anything yet because my Laptop with GMod and Steam has fucked up.
    Sorry I don't speak french.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

35. Post #75
    metromod.net
    April 2010
    2,216 Posts
    This thread is a perfect 110% example of what jailbreak is and brings to the garrysmod community.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #76
    guys i have unique darkrp, k?
    May 2008
    1,358 Posts
    This thread is a perfect 110% example of what jailbreak is and brings to the garrysmod community.
    amen
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #77
    Blue and Proud Of It.
    Dennab
    September 2011
    961 Posts
    Sorry I don't speak french.

"How much for the little girl?"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Informative Informative x 1 (list)

38. Post #78
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    1,355 Posts
    "How much for the little girl?"
    for a guy who doesnt want shitheads in your thread, you are not really helping yourself with your attitude
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

39. Post #79

July 2011
    222 Posts
    He has to start somewhere, if you think you can do better then go right ahead.
    I took you on, And it was way to easy to get it working on gmod 13. I fixed most of the font issues(Idk if this was me or gmod 13?).

I found a weird ass problem, In gmod13 lines 212 and 217 in sh_rounds.lua will freeze me in a listen server when I first join. But I made this open after the first round, And it works perfectly. Made me laugh. I just removed it though.

I didn't try this to create conflict, I just did it for fun and to see why drjenkins was taking so long.

If hes having the same freezing issue then I understand why there's no progress updates lol, If its just me then hes gotta be held up somewhere

EDIT: So I was getting a few errors that the font "DefaultBold" didnt exist. So I created this font and it fixed the freezing issue mentioned above.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

40. Post #80
    Casual Bananas
    February 2011
    1,716 Posts
    I took you on, And it was way to easy to get it working on gmod 13. I fixed most of the font issues(Idk if this was me or gmod 13?).

I found a weird ass problem, In gmod13 lines 212 and 217 in sh_rounds.lua will freeze me in a listen server when I first join. But I made this open after the first round, And it works perfectly. Made me laugh. I just removed it though.

I didn't try this to create conflict, I just did it for fun and to see why drjenkins was taking so long.

If hes having the same freezing issue then I understand why there's no progress updates lol, If its just me then hes gotta be held up somewhere

EDIT: So I was getting a few errors that the font "DefaultBold" didnt exist. So I created this font and it fixed the freezing issue mentioned above.
    Default has been renamed to DermaDefault and DefaultBold to DermaDefaultBold.

Edited:

In gmod13, that is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Netherlands Show Events Lua Helper Lua Helper x 1 (list)